PDA

View Full Version : Weird Question

Drachen
02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
The security guard at my job asked me if I knew where NBA players stay in San Antonio. I think he is a signature hawk or something. I told him I don't know, but thought someone on here may. Anyone have any idea?

Drachen
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
LOL, I knew it was a strange question

I. Hustle
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Even weirder answer
Two chocolate ducks and a chain link.

Drachen
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Even weirder answer
Two chocolate ducks and a chain link.

Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

ChuckD
02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm sure people here know. I'm also pretty sure they won't tell you.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd guess the new Hyatt but I don't know.

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Security guards are creepy.

Blackjack
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
In light of the thread title, I was expecting lube. ... Something to do with lube, and maybe a ball gag.

Gagnrath
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
In light of the thread title, I was expecting lube. ... Something to do with lube, and maybe a ball gag.

It does thats the nefarious plan once the security guard finds out.... Good news is the Spurs have houses so he's just going to kidnap and molest the other teams players.

Drachen
02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm sure people here know. I'm also pretty sure they won't tell you.

This is fine by me, I told him I would ask, and I did. If you are at the game, sure go ask for an autograph, but stalking them at the hotel they are staying at, just a little strange to me.

Drachen
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
It does thats the nefarious plan once the security guard finds out.... Good news is the Spurs have houses so he's just going to kidnap and molest the other teams players.

I would say cool, however the spurs and boston seem to be the only elite team he doesn't like. Keeps saying "I've played this game all my damn life..." every time I correct him on something about the game (recent example: hand is part of the ball, hitting a hand during shot =/= foul). I suffered immensely during Boston/Lakers (he is a big lakers homer).

Keeps saying "they haven't proved anything to ME" every time he is asked about the spurs, but then talks about how the Heat have it all wrapped up.

Fun guy!

ALVAREZ6
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah why would you ever try to help him on that one? Put yourself in a Spur player's shoes...would you want creepy ass faggot ass security guards showing up to your door out of nowhere?

FUCK THAT. Not only a weird question, a stupid question.

ALVAREZ6
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
ahh, well it appears you were speaking about where they'll stay at hotels...in which case my initial response would not have been the way it was :lol

moisaenz
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
It seems that that security guard does not know french and argentine customs...

Drachen
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
ahh, well it appears you were speaking about where they'll stay at hotels...in which case my initial response would not have been the way it was :lol

It was where the opposing team stays at hotels. I think specifically the lakers. He once told me about some poster of kobe that he wants to have signed.

Great guy, I call him Sgt. Jesus. He is a generally nice guy, but you cant have a conversation with him about anything that even skirts the issue of religion. We were talking about humble NBA superstars and we were mentioning Rose, Durant, he even said Manu and Tim. Then he said, you can tell that they are all definitely men of faith through their actions. I then informed him of Manu's atheism and he started talking about how he always forgets how he will pray for him, and how good the evil one is about hiding his true form, etc.

I figured I would ask the question since it is not spurs players he wanted to meet.

I do find it kind of funny that such a "Pious" ex-marine would be so excited about all the autographs he has.

Cane
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
My guess...Marriott Rivercenter....

Drachen
02-24-2011, 10:25 PM
LOL, this security guard laker fan who "played this game all my damn life" just said that the Lakers are going for the first 3peat since Michael Jordan. I told him that the Lakers 3peated in 00, 01, and 02. He didn't believe me at first. Then I told him that the Spurs ended their streak in 03 and Kobe and Fisher cried. He said "Oh I think I remember that, the Lakers were going for the first ever 4-peat." I told him that it wouldn't have been the first ever four peat, and he started talking down to me telling me that I am just young and don't know what I am talking about. I told him that there was an 8-peat, and he said there was never an 8-peat. I told him that the C's 8-peated, and he said "oh.......... well that was back when they didn't have any good players to play against."

ALVAREZ6
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Great guy, I call him Sgt. Jesus. He is a generally nice guy, but you cant have a conversation with him about anything that even skirts the issue of religion. We were talking about humble NBA superstars and we were mentioning Rose, Durant, he even said Manu and Tim. Then he said, you can tell that they are all definitely men of faith through their actions.
LOL. I've known a couple of older guys exactly like this. Of course they're nice people, but it can get irritating seeing people so shallow. One dude I worked with, we would have discussions almost every day we spoke about religion, him knowing my stance. I was force-fed a couple of books (one was SOO lame, it attempted to attribute the Grand Canyon's magnificence to God..the whole book was dedicated to this), and then some terrible low budget DVD made by an evangelical couple, and crofl I seriously could not give my honest response in consideration for the guy's feelings and our relationship. Tough situation.

LOL, this security guard laker fan who "played this game all my damn life" just said that the Lakers are going for the first 3peat since Michael Jordan. I told him that the Lakers 3peated in 00, 01, and 02. He didn't believe me at first. Then I told him that the Spurs ended their streak in 03 and Kobe and Fisher cried. He said "Oh I think I remember that, the Lakers were going for the first ever 4-peat." I told him that it wouldn't have been the first ever four peat, and he started talking down to me telling me that I am just young and don't know what I am talking about. I told him that there was an 8-peat, and he said there was never an 8-peat. I told him that the C's 8-peated, and he said "oh.......... well that was back when they didn't have any good players to play against."

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Hmmm...there may be some type of correlation going on here. I just don't know. But there may be.

WalterBenitez
02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Security guards are creepy.

danger people ...

dbestpro
02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I use to know, but I forgot.

JR3
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
This is fine by me, I told him I would ask, and I did. If you are at the game, sure go ask for an autograph, but stalking them at the hotel they are staying at, just a little strange to me.

Stalking is a a little much I agree... but what if you just accidently ran into one of the players at the hotel with a jersey and a sharpie? :toast

Blue-Lightning
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
It's the Hyatt. He won't be able to get any autographs though - security is tight when they get on the bus and fans of stars will already be there just as unlucky as him.

BL