02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Shut up.

I. Hustle
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Drop who for who?
On second thought we should have traded novak and Quinn for Howard

DPG21920
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, just to throw this out there, even Boston who is widely considered the best team in the NBA made a move. Whether or not it works out is one thing, but they did not stand pat.

Bito Corleone
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Pure fucking gold filled quality right there.

I commend you, sir.

rascal
02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, just to throw this out there, even Boston who is widely considered the best team in the NBA made a move. Whether or not it works out is one thing, but they did not stand pat.

The spurs think they are set with what they have. Regular season fools gold will do them in.

I. Hustle
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Get who for who?

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM

they also don't have the best record in the league.

DPG21920
02-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Best record = best team DT? How about the Cavs?

ShoogarBear
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Vince Carter is gonna win a ring for Phoenix.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
No obviously not, but it does make you feel better about your chances and less pressured to make a move. Not exactly sure where you were going with the even Boston made a move comment... If they were 47-10 (although that's only 5 or 6 games better then what they are now) I doubt they pull the trigger on the same deal.

rascal
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Vince Carter is gonna win a ring for Phoenix.

Carter has had a better NBA career than Manu.

k_nguyen93
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Well its not Manu's fault there isn't a 7 foot French guy to dunk over now that Ian is gone :lol

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
The Spurs could still pick up a good piece off waivers. They don't really need to make a big move. A back up athletic SF that can play some D in limited minutes is the only real need. They will probably need to evaluate within the next couple of weeks what, if anything, Anderson and Splitter will be able contribute in the post season.

jjktkk
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Your wrong. Thats all.

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Good troll, not going for it.

Blackjack
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
First-place team, last-place posters.

smb

lefty
02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Haha Sequ trolling hard

Beanzamillion21
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
What a Scrub

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
What a Scrub

He also looks like the lovechild of Paul Giamatti and Bilbo Baggins.

DPG21920
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
No obviously not, but it does make you feel better about your chances and less pressured to make a move. Not exactly sure where you were going with the even Boston made a move comment... If they were 47-10 (although that's only 5 or 6 games better then what they are now) I doubt they pull the trigger on the same deal.

:lol at implying 4 games would have made a difference. The fact is Boston has the 2nd best record in the league and are widely considered the favorites to win a title and they made a move. They were making the move regardless.

You over inflate regular season record as a variable and it really hasn't been a great indicator of anything. You don't see where I was going? It's pretty obvious. His thread is about a top team not addressing their needs. I said Boston is a top team that did not stand pat. It's pretty clear.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
You over inflate regular season record as a variable and it really hasn't been a great indicator of anything. You don't see where I was going? It's pretty obvious. His thread is about a top team not addressing their needs. I said Boston is a top team that did not stand pat. It's pretty clear.

What does Boston not standing pat have to do with anything? Did every past champion not stand pat during the trade deadline? I don't understand what you are implying... Boston is clearly better because they made a move at the deadline?

Sausage
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
The Spurs don't really have any tradeable contracts right now, I messed around with the ESPN Trade Machine and couldn't really do much, that was fair and realistic at least..

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 08:47 PM
As long as we are talking about things that are "widely considered", isn't it pretty much conventional wisdom that Boston's trade doesn't help them win this year?

moisaenz
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
This post is just BS... Why dont you post the many possibilities or upgrades the Spurs could get with the contracts they have???

All of those possible moves have been discussed in other threads.. and it would take ripping apart half of the team to get anything decent..

Besides most of the trades by good seeded teams were done because of salary dump or they had many players at that position.

The perkins move was because the celtics expect the oneals to contribute something in the playoffs and Davis is playing pretty solid.

So dont just bitch about it, stop acting like congress and give a constructive opinion... maybe the spurs front office can take your advice.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3390182310_f86c82cb95.jpg

DPG21920
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
What does Boston not standing pat have to do with anything? Did every past champion not stand pat during the trade deadline? I don't understand what you are implying... Boston is clearly better because they made a move at the deadline?

Do you realize what thread this is? It is about title contenders standing pat. I don't give a crap about it. I was making a point that Boston is someone "who has balls" based on the context of the OP.

I actually specifically said "whether or not it makes them better is to be determined...".

As long as we are talking about things that are "widely considered", isn't it pretty much conventional wisdom that Boston's trade doesn't help them win this year?

Yes.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
ehh I was more under the impression of you criticizing the Spurs for standing pat and praising BOS for not doing so.

jjktkk
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
He also looks like the lovechild of Paul Giamatti and Bilbo Baggins.

That love combo should never be allowed to conceive. :lol

pjjrfan
02-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Stats wise, certainly, team wise, not in the same league.

02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
i was hoping the spurs would have flipped blair for a better big. but looking at the bigs that were traded, there weren't many good ones. no way the celtics trade perkins to the spurs.

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
The Spurs don't really have any tradeable contracts right now, I messed around with the ESPN Trade Machine and couldn't really do much, that was fair and realistic at least..

Year after year its the same old tired story. Outside of the Jefferson trade the Spurs have been too afraid to pull the trigger on big trades.

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Stats wise, certainly, team wise, not in the same league.

Team wise takes into account teammates. Carter was on weaker teams where he was the top option most of his younger days. No way Manu can handle being the top option for long and put up the stats that Carter did.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Someone's sad that another trade deadline has passed and Manu Ginobili is still a Spur.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Year after year its the same old tired story. Outside of the Jefferson trade the Spurs have been too afraid to pull the trigger on big trades.

and year after year we have had 50+ game winning seasons. 14 now to be exact. Big trades? What do you want them to do?

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:49 PM
and year after year we have had 50+ game winning seasons. 14 now to be exact. Big trades? What do you want them to do?

This year they should have added another big good enough to get into the rotation. It should have been done last summer or even the summer before.
It doesn't seem to be a priority for the spurs to get stronger on the frontline.

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:51 PM

In years past Sprewell, Carter and r Wallace were all available on the cheap and the Spurs passed. Detroit got Wallace and they went on to win the title. Had the spurs took the chance to get him they win that year.

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Someone's sad that another trade deadline has passed and Manu Ginobili is still a Spur.

The spurs will never break up the big 3. The spurs will never win another title with those 3 being the top 3 best players on the team.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
This year they should have added another big good enough to get into the rotation. It should have been done last summer or even the summer before.
It doesn't seem to be a priority for the spurs to get stronger on the frontline.

Trying to add another big is a different story and they obviously did that with Splitter. Being scared to make a big trade is what you said... lol What "Big Trade" are you talking about? and why would we want to pull a trigger on something big.

moisaenz
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

How many rings does Carter have?? How many game winning shots???

Carter WAS for ratings

Ginobili is for :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

rascal
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Manu should have been traded after their last title. No way did I think he was going to be traded so no I am not sad he is not traded, I didn't expect it.

You sure will be sad when the spurs fall short.

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Manu should have been traded after their last title. No way did I think he was going to be traded so no I am not sad he is not traded, I didn't expect it.

:lol

moisaenz
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM

I will be sad if they fall short.... But not because they did not trade ginobili this season or last season... In fact if they even get close part of it is because of him.

# 1 Troll
spurs have no balls

Yes we know this

rascal
How many rings does Carter have?? How many game winning shots???

Carter WAS for ratings

Ginobili is for :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Rings is a team accomplishment. How many times you morons have to be told that. Carter has had the better career stats and he has had the better clutch game winning shots. Someone posted the clutch players and no where is Manu even on that list. Manu being some sensational clutch player is a figment of your imagination. He has made as many clumsy plays at the end of games as he has hit game winning shots.

Just the last game he heaves up an out of control backwards shot that has no shot of going in and bounces off the backboard that parker saves the day for him on.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
r Wallace were all available on the cheap and the Spurs passed. Detroit got Wallace and they went on to win the title. Had the spurs took the chance to get him they win that year.

You've said this over and over for years, but never bother to make the case. There's a simple reason for that. It's impossible. If it wasn't, you would be able to show, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, how it could have been done. Pure BS.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM

You really are broken up that Manu will retire as a Spur.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
You've said this over and over for years, but never bother to make the case. There's a simple reason for that. It's impossible. If it wasn't, you would be able to show, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, how it could have been done. Pure BS.

I made the case to get Wallace before he was traded. But you don't want to remeber that and select only what you want to remember.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I made the case to get Wallace before he was traded. But you don't want to remeber that and select only what you want to remember.

Sure you did.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Sure you did.

I sure did.

moisaenz
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Rings is a team accomplishment. .

I know its a team effort.That is why Ginobili is a better player today,cause he helps his team even on a bad shooting night..You are saying all this like if Carter is a great team player and has had just bad teams.

He is just a guy that scores a lot and used to dunk spectacularly... aside from that he is not known for being a great team player...
If he was such... Orlando would have thought about trading him...

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I sure did.

Not on SpursTalk.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I know its a team effort.That is why Ginobili is a better player today,cause he helps his team even on a bad shooting night..You are saying all this like if Carter is a great team player and has had just bad teams.

He is just a guy that scores a lot and used to dunk spectacularly... aside from that he is not known for being a great team player...
If he was such... Orlando would have thought about trading him...

Carter is nearing the end of his career now. His best days are behind him now.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Not on SpursTalk.

I sure did. You want to remember only what you want to. wallace was traded 3 times. I wanted the spurs to get Wallace when he was first traded to Atlanta.

It was well known Portland was shopping him. He was considered a bit of a malcontent and many here did not want him because of that. I guess you forgot all that also.

Bartleby
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Segu and Rascal with their annual vagina monologues after the trade deadline.

benefactor
02-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Sequ and rascal...breaking out the fishing poles and reeling in the mother load.

100%duncan
02-24-2011, 10:19 PM
what do you expect, It's sequ man

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:20 PM
I sure did. You want to remember only what you want to. wallace was traded 3 times. I wanted the spurs to get Wallace when he was first traded to Atlanta.

It was well known Portland was shopping him. He was considered a bit of a malcontent and many here did not want him because of that. I guess you forgot all that also.

That trade was made in Feb, 2004 which was nearly a year before the username rascal was registered on SpursTalk. So, what username were you using when Wallace was traded from Portland to Atlanta?

Better yet, just spell it out. Wallace's salary that year was 17M. What combination of players on the 03-04 Spurs did you propose that approximated 17M in salaries AND was comparable to the package sent to Portland by Atlanta? How hard could that be?

Waiting.....

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Sequ and rascal...breaking out the fishing poles and reeling in the mother load.

How did you know. :lol

I'll be going fishing in Texas in 4 weeks, breaking out the poles and mailing them to my brother this week.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:27 PM

That trade was made in Feb, 2004 which was nearly a year before the username rascal was registered as SpursTalk. So, what username were you using when Wallace was traded from Portland to Atlanta?

Better yet, just spell it out. Wallace's salary that year was 17M. What combination of players on the 03-04 Spurs did you propose that approximated 17M in salaries AND was comparable to the package sent to Portland by Atlanta? How hard could that be?

Waiting.....

When did this site get stated? I was on the other site Spursreport under rascal when Dusty was running it. This site came out of some type of dispute with that site. I was on this site about 3 or 4 months after it got started. I dont know about the dates. I also have far more posts then what is listed.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
When did this site get stated? I was on the other site Spursreport under rascal when Dusty was running it. This site came out of some type of dispute with that site. I was on this site about 3 or 4 months after it got started. I dont know about the dates. I also have far more posts then what is listed.

So, not on this site.

Just lay out the trade. You have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

What combination of Spurs from the 2003-04 team would have met the salary requirements AND have been comparable to the package sent by Atlanta?

Waiting....

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM

That trade was made in Feb, 2004 which was nearly a year before the username rascal was registered on SpursTalk. So, what username were you using when Wallace was traded from Portland to Atlanta?

Waiting.....

Its not my job to spell out a package but the spurs had enough srubs to put something together. I would have even added manu in a deal back then. Atlanta accepted a package of scrub players for Wallace. Boston was also involved in the trade.

rascal
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
So, not on this site.

Just lay out the trade. You have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

What combination of Spurs from the 2003-04 team would have met the salary requirements AND have been comparable to the package sent by Atlanta?

Waiting....

When did this site get started? The other site was the main site and this site was just a branch off of that site. I think of it all as the spurs site, many of the same posters were on both sites they just came over to this site when it got started.

The bottom line is I did say the spurs should get Wallace.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Its not my job to spell out a package but the spurs had enough srubs to put something together. I would have even added manu in a deal back then. Atlanta accepted a package of scrub players for Wallace. Boston was also involved in the trade.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

You really don't know wtf you're talking about and this post proves it. A few posts back, you said you were talking about the trade from Portland to Atlanta. Now, you're talking about the trade from Atlanta from Detroit. Either way, the Spurs didn't have the pieces to match what Atlanta sent to Portland or what Detroit and Boston sent to Atlanta.

If you're going to claim that the Spurs missed an opportunity either time Wallace was traded that season, you should be able to back it up. The only reason you don't is quite simple. You can't. It's not possible.

Waiting....

rascal
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM

You really don't know wtf you're talking about and this post proves it. A few posts back, you said you were talking about the trade from Portland to Atlanta. Now, you're talking about the trade from Atlanta from Detroit. Either way, the Spurs didn't have the pieces to match what Atlanta sent to Portland or what Detroit and Boston sent to Atlanta.

If you're going to claim that the Spurs missed an opportunity either time Wallace was traded that season, you should be able to back it up. The only reason you don't is quite simple. You can't. It's not possible.

Waiting....

Those two trades happened around the same time. So the spurs had two shots to land Wallace around the same time.

The spurs showed no interest because Wallace was considered a bad locker room presence so it had nothing to do with not having the assets. the spurs were not interested.

m33p0
02-24-2011, 11:00 PM
wallace for manu in 04 would have given us the 2005 ship? hmm... i see. no, actually i don't.

sequ upset again cuz spurs didn't get carter.

rascal
02-24-2011, 11:03 PM

Waiting....

Its very possible to put together a package at the time to land Wallace if the spurs wanted to. Just get the salaries to match and the deal is done. Atlanta accepted scrubs and Portland didn't get back much either.

Spurs7794
02-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Its very possible to put together a package at the time to land Wallace if the spurs wanted to. Just get the salaries to match and the deal is done. Atlanta accepted scrubs and Portland didn't get back much either.

We would NOT win in 05 with Wallace instead of Manu. That year, it was ESSENTIAL that we had a second scorer (Parker wilted in the playoffs that year). Manu won us at least 3 games in that playoff run.

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Those two trades happened around the same time. So the spurs had two shots to land Wallace around the same time.

The spurs showed no interest because Wallace was considered a bad locker room presence so it had nothing to do with not having the assets. the spurs were not interested.

:lol:lol:lol

I know the details of both trades. You're the one with faulty memory.

You have asserted, many times in many threads, that the Spurs missed an opportunity to acquire Wallace before the trade deadline in 2004. That assertion is unsupportable and you know it. If it were supportable, you'd make your case and wouldn't be engaging in this pathetic misdirection.

These trades are a matter of record, as are the salaries and contract statuses of all players involved.

Make your case. What players on the 2003-04 Spurs met the salary requirements to acquire Wallace AND were comparable to what either Portland or Atlanta received for him?

If the Spurs had such assets that year, it would be quite simple to lay out how the Spurs could have made a competitive offer for Wallace. They didn't and you know that they didn't. You can't prove otherwise because it's not possible.

Waiting....

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 11:13 PM

Then do it.

m33p0
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Then do it.

one that can reach the finals and beat the pistons in a 7-game series, mind you.

rascal
02-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Waiting....

You joined in 2006 so you would not remember anything that I said at all about the R Wallace trades. So why make the claim that it is only hindsite and that I never mentioned that the spurs should get Wallace when you were not even here?

Mel_13
02-24-2011, 11:40 PM
You joined in 2006 so you would not remember anything that I said at all about the R Wallace trades. So why make the claim that it is only hindsite and that I never mentioned that the spurs should get Wallace when you were not even here?

1. :lol:lol:lol:lol

2. More pathetic misdirection to avoid admitting that you can't make your case.

3. I never said that you didn't say that the Spurs should get Wallace. You have said so many times. What I said is that you have never backed up your baseless assertions. You just say that they missed an opportunity, but never back it up.

4. You don't need to register in order to read the content on the site.

5. You still have utterly failed to make your case. It should be really easy to do.

6. Just provide the players on the 2003-04 Spurs that would have met the salary requirements to acquire Wallace AND would have been comparable to what Portland or Atlanta received.

7. Waiting....

SequSpur
02-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Matt Bonner getting minutes in the playoffs equals early fishing trip....

wtf?

history repeated....

2nd round and out....rollin up and truckin.

Solid D
02-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Matt Bonner getting minutes in the playoffs equals early fishing trip....

Just because he shoots .318 career from behind the arc in the playoffs, doesn't mean it's an unhealthy trend n stuff.:p: Besides, you like fishing.

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
02-25-2011, 01:11 AM
CHEMISTRY > Talent........all i gotta say.

Gregzilla
02-25-2011, 04:17 AM
CHEMISTRY > Talent........all i gotta say.

SIZE & talent > no size & chemistry

703 Spurz
02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Go Knicks Baby!

You know a lot about balls do ya?

spurtech09
02-25-2011, 01:45 PM
the knicks lol...you don't know nothing bout basketball sequ....lol....the best players on the knocks..amare-melo-billups-?what bout role players....knicks to is a cheap version of the miami heat...sequ your not a true fan your a cliff jumper :)

xmas1997
02-25-2011, 01:50 PM
If he is a cliff jumper,
then he is the most resilient one on the face of the planet!

DrSteffo
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Yet, year after year the Spurs are very good or great.

AlleyOopNazi
02-25-2011, 07:06 PM
can someone tell me when vince carter became a worse player than richard jefferson? because its true now

rascal
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM

Waiting....

The spurs could have offered a package to Atlanta of Rasho, Rose and Mercer for Wallace. Rasho was a starting center, Rose was a solid bench backup and Mercer had some value around the league that never ended up panning out. That is a better offer than what Atlanta got.

Atlanta accepted from Detroit a package of Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura, a first round pick and Chris Mills from Boston. None of those guys were stars. They just dumped Wallace.

The other trade for Wallace that year: R Wallace and Wesley Person went to Atlanta for Shareef Abdur Rahim T Ratliff + Dan Dickau. Rahim was an all star but really very over rated in the end and went down hill fast, Ratliff was a good defensive big and Dickau was a salary match throw in. The spurs offer would been have slightly worse but not that far off.

The spurs could have matched either offer if they really wanted Wallace. They had no interest because Wallace was considered a malcontent that may not work out with the spurs.

Mel_13
02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
The spurs could have offered a package to Atlanta of Rasho, Rose and Mercer for Wallace. Rasho was a starting center, Rose was a solid bench backup and Mercer had some value around the league that never ended up panning out. That is a better offer than what Atlanta got.

Atlanta accepted from Detroit a package of Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura, a first round pick and Chris Mills from Boston. None of those guys were stars. They just dumped Wallace.

The other trade for Wallace that year: R Wallace and Wesley Person went to Atlanta for Shareef Abdur Rahim T Ratliff + Dan Dickau. Rahim was an all star but really very over rated in the end and went down hill fast, Ratliff was a good defensive big and Dickau was a salary match throw in. The spurs offer would been have slightly worse but not that far off.

The spurs could have matched either offer if they really wanted Wallace. They had no interest because Wallace was considered a malcontent that may not work out with the spurs.

Well, at least you finally took the time to check the details of trades. That you were able to type that out with a straight face is remarkable.

Rahim and Ratliff in Feb, 2004 were far better than Rasho and Rose. It's not even close. Anyone with internet access can check that out for themselves. Portland wanted talent back for Rasheed and got it from Atlanta.

Atlanta wanted to dump salary. Rasheed was an expiring contract. Rahim and Ratliff both had contracts that went through the 04-05 season. The trade saved Atlanta about 24M in future obligations. As you noted, they turned around and dumped Wallace. They didn't want their own future obligations and they had no intention of extending or resigning Wallace. They traded him for other expiring contracts plus a first round pick that they used to draft Josh Smith.

There was NO WAY that would have had any interest in the long term contracts of Rasho and Rose. They both had contracts that went through the 08-09 season. Having just shed two contracts that went through 2005, they weren't taking contracts that went through 2009. That's almost as silly as saying that Rasho and Rose were close in talent to Rahim and Ratliff.

So, not enough talent to top the Atlanta offer to Portland and not enough expiring contracts (to say nothing of comparable draft picks) to top the Detroit offer to Atlanta.

You've been blowing smoke all these years. Now you've gone on record with precisely how ridiculous your assertions have been. Thanks. I'll keep this post bookmarked in case you want to spout the Wallace nonsense in the future.

rascal
02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I dont have any info on lenght of contracts from back then. I found salaries for that year and thats it. Who were the Spur expirings that went through 2005? Bowen Horry and Turkoglu were also on that team.

Detroit was able to get a third team involved. Boston was also involved in the deal getting Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a first round pick from Detroit. Mills went to Atlanta from boston. So the spurs would have had to work something out with a 3rd team.
There are ways to make things work if they wanted it to happen bad enough. Word had it that they no interest in getting Wallace because they were afraid to add a questionable attitude to the team so no attempt was even made.

The portland deal may have been harder to pull off without adding Manu or Parker. Parker I would not have even considered. I would have built around Parker, Wallace and Duncan and let Manu go.

Mel_13
02-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I dont have any info on lenght of contracts from back then. I found salaries for that year and thats it. Who were the Spur expirings that went through 2005? Bowen Horry and Turkoglu were also on that team.

Detroit was able to get a third team involved. Boston was also involved in the deal getting Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and a first round pick from Detroit. Mills went to Atlanta from boston. So the spurs would have had to work something out with a 3rd team.
There are ways to make things work if they wanted it to happen bad enough. Word had it that they no interest in getting Wallace because they were afraid to add a questionable attitude to the team so no attempt was even made.

The portland deal may have been harder to pull off without adding Manu or Parker. Parker I would not have even considered. I would have built around Parker, Wallace and Duncan and let Manu go.

Case closed.

You now realize that the Spurs didn't have the assets to top the offers made by Atlanta to Portland or by Detroit to Atlanta.

Good to now that you won't be making those false claims any longer.

Thanks.

rascal
02-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Case closed.

You now realize that the Spurs didn't have the assets to top the offers made by Atlanta to Portland or by Detroit to Atlanta.

Good to now that you won't be making those false claims any longer.

Thanks.

answer the question. Who were the expiring contracts that ended in 2005 for the spurs? Spurs had assets. That they didn't want to make the trade in the first place is the reason nothing was even attempted.

The problem was they did not have the interest.
Kind of hard to make a trade when you dont have any interest in getting the player (Wallace).

And that is the problem I have with the spurs. That they passed on even attempting to work something out to get Wallace.

Mel_13
02-27-2011, 12:05 AM
answer the question. Who were the expiring contracts that ended in 2005 for the spurs? Spurs had assets. That they didn't want to make the trade in the first place is the reason nothing was even attempted.

The problem was they did not have the interest.
Kind of hard to make a trade when you dont have any interest in getting the player (Wallace).

And that is the problem I have with the spurs. That they passed on even attempting to work something out to get Wallace.

You're the one making the baseless assertions. Do your own research.

You've said many times that the Spurs could have had Wallace for scrubs. When challenged, you've moved on to saying that Rose and Rasho were similar in talent to Rahim and Ratliff. Then you went on to trading Horry, Bowen, and Manu.

Hilarious.

Now, you're left with yet another baseless assertion, that they passed without making an attempt. There are two problems with that assertion:

1. You still have the same problem that you've failed to address in this thread, that you can't show that the Spurs could have bettered the assets received in either trade.

2. You have absolutely no proof that they didn't try. The lack of a Wallace trade, or any of the other trades you've whined about that didn't happen, does not prove that trades were not attempted. They only show that an agreement was not reached.

In the end, it all ends up as childish whining and complaining.

Thanks again for detailing precisely how little foundation exists to support your constant complaints. It will make it easier for me the next time you bring it up. I'll only have to quote your posts in this thread.

Blackjack
02-27-2011, 12:20 AM
kqqbNyYB0xg

rascal
02-27-2011, 12:41 AM

You're the one making the baseless assertions. Do your own research.

You've said many times that the Spurs could have had Wallace for scrubs. When challenged, you've moved on to saying that Rose and Rasho were similar in talent to Rahim and Ratliff. Then you went on to trading Horry, Bowen, and Manu.

Hilarious.

Now, you're left with yet another baseless assertion, that they passed without making an attempt. There are two problems with that assertion:

1. You still have the same problem that you've failed to address in this thread, that you can't show that the Spurs could have bettered the assets received in either trade.

2. You have absolutely no proof that they didn't try. The lack of a Wallace trade, or any of the other trades you've whined about that didn't happen, does not prove that trades were not attempted. They only show that an agreement was not reached.

In the end, it all ends up as childish whining and complaining.

Thanks again for detailing precisely how little foundation exists to support your constant complaints. It will make it easier for me the next time you bring it up. I'll only have to quote your posts in this thread.

There was word the spurs had interest in wallace but in 2009 when he was on the rapid decline. Thats about when the spurs have interest, when guys are over the hill.

There was no word that the spurs were interested in Wallace in 2004.I remember hearing the opposite that the spurs did not want him becuase they feared he had a bad attitude.

The spurs had assets to get Wallace from Portland which were as good if not better than Atlanta. Those included Bowen Horry Turkuglu Manu Rasho Willis Parker. That they didn't want to trade them is a different story but the assets were there.

I dont have the info on expirings from that time and its not my job to get that info. But the spurs did have some expiring contracts to make a deal with Atlanta-Turkuglu, Mercer(both did not sign back with SA) possibly Willis and Bowen and Horry(were resigned). Rasho and/or Rose would have been dealt for an expiring like Detroit did with getting Boston involved. A 3rd team was needed but if Detroit could do it so could the spurs if they actively pursude Wallace.

There was a number of scenarios that could have worked out if the spurs really wanted Wallace.

anakha
02-27-2011, 02:32 AM
I dont have the info on expirings from that time and its not my job to get that info.

If you're arguing that the Spurs should have done this or that, the burden of proof is on you to back the argument up.

Not seeing a whole lot of that so far.

8FOR!3
02-27-2011, 03:04 AM

Who?

Mel_13
02-27-2011, 03:38 AM
There was word the spurs had interest in wallace but in 2009 when he was on the rapid decline. Thats about when the spurs have interest, when guys are over the hill.

There was no word that the spurs were interested in Wallace in 2004.I remember hearing the opposite that the spurs did not want him becuase they feared he had a bad attitude.

The spurs had assets to get Wallace from Portland which were as good if not better than Atlanta. Those included Bowen Horry Turkuglu Manu Rasho Willis Parker. That they didn't want to trade them is a different story but the assets were there.

I dont have the info on expirings from that time and its not my job to get that info. But the spurs did have some expiring contracts to make a deal with Atlanta-Turkuglu, Mercer(both did not sign back with SA) possibly Willis and Bowen and Horry(were resigned). Rasho and/or Rose would have been dealt for an expiring like Detroit did with getting Boston involved. A 3rd team was needed but if Detroit could do it so could the spurs if they actively pursude Wallace.

There was a number of scenarios that could have worked out if the spurs really wanted Wallace.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Pathetically desperate to avoid admitting that you've been full of it all these years? You've gone from saying they could have gotten him for scrubs to saying they could have gotten him for a package that included Parker. The same Parker who you just said you would have built the team around.

In the past few posts you've suggested traded every player on the 2003-04 roster except for the two-time defending MVP.

So, just in this thread, your position has moved from "they could have gotten Wallace for scrubs" to "they could have gotten Wallace without having to give up Tim Duncan".

That's some hilarious, first class, goalpost moving there, rascal.

Classic. I'll be quoting from this thread for years to come.

Mel_13
02-27-2011, 03:43 AM
Like this, for example:

The spurs had assets to get Wallace from Portland which were as good if not better than Atlanta. Those included Bowen Horry Turkuglu Manu Rasho Willis Parker.

Classic.

UnWantedTheory
02-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Sequ wit da goods baby!

TE
02-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Sequ wit da goods baby!

Exactly as I say. This man types one fucking word on ST and everybody replies. Literally he is a god.

To bad nobody likes him.

rascal
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Pathetically desperate to avoid admitting that you've been full of it all these years? You've gone from saying they could have gotten him for scrubs to saying they could have gotten him for a package that included Parker. The same Parker who you just said you would have built the team around.

In the past few posts you've suggested traded every player on the 2003-04 roster except for the two-time defending MVP.

So, just in this thread, your position has moved from "they could have gotten Wallace for scrubs" to "they could have gotten Wallace without having to give up Tim Duncan".

That's some hilarious, first class, goalpost moving there, rascal.

Classic. I'll be quoting from this thread for years to come.

My position has not moved. I would not have traded Parker . Quit twisting the argument to something that it is not. I am just pointing out that you making the claim that the spurs did not have any assets to get Wallace is ridiculous.

They could have gotten him from Atlanta for scrubs with expiring contracts because that is all Atlanta wanted back. They would have had to move Rasho to another team looking for a big in a 3 team deal like Detroit pulled off for an expiring. Then package that with mercer and Turkoglu to get Wallace or some type of deal like that.

Mel_13
02-27-2011, 11:44 AM
My position has not moved. I would not have traded Parker . Quit twisting the argument to something that it is not. I am just pointing out that you making the claim that the spurs did not have any assets to get Wallace is ridiculous.

Those were your words, not mine. Now you've moved to "they had assets that I would not have used". THAT's PRECISELY THE POINT. To make a better offer than Atlanta did, the Spurs would have been required to trade players (like Parker) that would have resulted in the trade being a net negative, so they didn't have the assets to make the trade. They could have also gotten Wallace for Duncan, but I assumed you weren't going to be that silly. I assumed we had at least one point of agreement that didn't need to spelled out, that is that the Spurs wouldn't make a trade that clearly made the team worse. I know you don't like where this leaves you, but that's what happens when you make ridiculous, unsupportable assertions. They're easily deconstructed.

They could have gotten him from Atlanta for scrubs with expiring contracts because that is all Atlanta wanted back. They would have had to move Rasho to another team looking for a big in a 3 team deal like Detroit pulled off for an expiring. Then package that with mercer and Turkoglu to get Wallace or some type of deal like that.

So now you need another mythical trade as a prerequisite for your previous mythical trade. Remember that Detroit had to pay Boston with a first round pick to take a player with one year remaining on his contact. Rasho had five years left on his. Why would any team give up an expiring contract to take on a scrub with 5 years and 35 million dollars left on his contract? It's absurd.

On top of all that, Detroit sent Milwaukee's mid-first round pick to Atlanta.

So even if you make the mythical Rasho trade to get an another expiring contract, Detroit still trumps the deal by having a much better first round pick to send to Atlanta along with their scrubs.

This isn't going well for you, but feel free to keep trying.

SequSpur
02-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Exactly as I say. This man types one fucking word on ST and everybody replies. Literally he is a god.

To bad nobody likes him.

wgaf.

rascal
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Bump

GrandeDavid
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I would recommend that you all put this Sequspur kid on your ignore list.

rascal
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Those were your words, not mine. Now you've moved to "they had assets that I would not have used". THAT's PRECISELY THE POINT. To make a better offer than Atlanta did, the Spurs would have been required to trade players (like Parker) that would have resulted in the trade being a net negative, so they didn't have the assets to make the trade. They could have also gotten Wallace for Duncan, but I assumed you weren't going to be that silly. I assumed we had at least one point of agreement that didn't need to spelled out, that is that the Spurs wouldn't make a trade that clearly made the team worse. I know you don't like where this leaves you, but that's what happens when you make ridiculous, unsupportable assertions. They're easily deconstructed.

So now you need another mythical trade as a prerequisite for your previous mythical trade. Remember that Detroit had to pay Boston with a first round pick to take a player with one year remaining on his contact. Rasho had five years left on his. Why would any team give up an expiring contract to take on a scrub with 5 years and 35 million dollars left on his contract? It's absurd.

On top of all that, Detroit sent Milwaukee's mid-first round pick to Atlanta.

So even if you make the mythical Rasho trade to get an another expiring contract, Detroit still trumps the deal by having a much better first round pick to send to Atlanta along with their scrubs.

This isn't going well for you, but feel free to keep trying.

Then send Atlanta a 2nd 1st round future pick.

Even had the spurs been agressive and sent the offer first Atlanta may have taken it just to get Wallace out of the East. You never know what would have happened all we know is that it didn't happen. There was no indication that an attempt was even made to acquire Wallace. Often rumors get out when teams have high trade interests.

I dont believe it was impossible to get Wallace had the Spurs wanted Wallace.
There was no indication that the spurs had any interest in Wallace in 2004. The spurs had some interest in 2009 to get Wallace but that was after he went to Detroit and proved that he could help a team to a title. They should have seen that before in 2004.

The spurs don't like to take many risks and that has lead to missed opportunites to add that big impact player who could get the spurs over the top, examples Sprewell, Barkley, V Carter, Wallace.

SequSpur
02-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I would recommend that you all put this Sequspur kid on your ignore list.

dumb

shorttotry
02-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Go Knicks Baby!

GTFO:nope