PDA

View Full Version : Keyes brought up the subject himself...

Nbadan
09-27-2004, 04:24 AM
But as I said to someone the other day, if my own daughter were a homosexual or a lesbian, I would love my daughter, but I would tell my daughter that she was in sin. And I would love her and pray for her and try to open her heart to the truth of God's intention for her life. That's what I would do.

- Alan Keyes talking about Dick Cheney's daughter Lynn

--

Chillinois has compelling evidence that Maya Keyes, the daughter of our good gay-hating Republican in Maryland (opps!) Illinois, is openly gay.

The evidence comes from Maya's very public blog (first discovered by Modern Vertebrate). Xanga apparently allows parts of the site to be "protected" from those not on a special list, but Xanga has poor technology, as some of that protected content can be easily found. For example, here's the post where she hides parts of her site.

If this is a hoax, and it very well could be, it's a pretty good one.

And if it's real, don't worry, Maya still thinks abortion is like lynching. Being queer, and wearing a "George W. Bush: You're Fired" button doesn't disqualify wingnuttery on other issues.

Update: I took down the picture to make the post a little less inflamatory.

But really, neither I, nor other blogs, have "outed" Maya. She's out. She brags about wearing her rainbow bracelet on the campaign trail. Her father must either be blind or clueless not to know his daughter's sexual preferences. Pointing out that the adult daughter of a politician, who is campaigning with that politician is gay isn't a slur.

So why is Keyes so quick to attack the children of others? Why is he so virulently anti-homosexual? Why does it seem that every high-profile anti-gay figure has a gay child?

From reading her blog, it seems like Maya is out and proud. Good for her. The question is, what kind of person is her father, to so hatefully oppose something that's so innately part of Maya?

Here's a photo posted on the site of the person who claims to be Ms. Keyes kissing her girlfriend:

http://members.aol.com/chillinois/maybe2.jpg

Notice the button on her top: "George W. Bush, You're Fired." Heh.

Daily Kuos (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/27/02154/0865)

Yonivore
09-27-2004, 05:57 PM
"Chillinois has compelling evidence that Maya Keyes, the daughter of our good gay-hating Republican in Maryland (opps!) Illinois, is openly gay."
Not that I care one whit about this whole conversation but, I saw this in the post and found it interesting.

Why would one need "compelling evidence" that someone is "openly gay?"

Wouldn't the person's "openess" be compelling enough?