PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: Derrick Rose is MVP

Fabbs
02-25-2011, 12:56 AM
And you helped Rose prove it tonight in Chicago with your 1-18 performance.
Look, we all know that about 1/3rd of the years the MVP award is reserved for players like Kobe Bryant and Justin Bieber. But lots of years it's legit, and for Bosh to choose Rose over his own teamate LeBron is not *openminded* or *telling it like it is*. How do Bosh and JoAnn Howard think the Heat would do without LeBron? :lol

Chris Bosh: Derrick Rose is MVP
CHICAGO -- Like his Miami Heat teammate Juwan Howard, Chris Bosh says that if he had a vote for the MVP award he would vote for the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose, instead of his own teammate LeBron James.

"Just looking at it, LeBron's won the last two," said Bosh, whose Heat play the Bulls on Thursday night. "He is my teammate, I would say him first. But Derrick, he's had a phenomenal season. Just looking at what he's done with the team and looking at their record, and how improved they are as a team, and how much improved he is as a player, I think it's close.

Heat forward Juwan Howard made his pick between LeBron James and Derrick Rose for league MVP.

"But yeah, I think I would give it to Derrick if I were a voter. He's playing well. He's playing like the best point guard in the league and the best player in the league. He's the most valuable player if you really think about it. You take him out of the lineup there's no telling what you get."

Howard made national headlines Wednesday after he said he would choose Rose over James for the award.

"I'm not even being politically correct, normally guys say I'm giving it to LeBron, but honestly I'll give it to [Rose]," Howard said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "If he stays on this pace that he's on right now, he's got my vote if I was part of the committee."

Howard did not back off those comments on Thursday morning.

"I'm thinking about this from a basketball standpoint," he said. "No favoritism or anything like that. It's just my opinion, and I'll stick by it."

When told of Howard's statements, James responded, "Everyone has their own opinion, you can't change anyone's opinion."

"The award isn't named after myself," James said. "There's guys that have come before me and there's guys that go after me that win the award. It's not like it's mine. I just go out there and do what I need to do every night to help our team win basketball games. Like I always keep saying, team success comes with individual accolades. D-Rose is having an unbelievable season and more to help this team be a contender. There's no way you can mention the MVP race without mentioning his name."

But James has an MVP supporter in teammate Dwyane Wade.

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

"Derrick's having a great year," Wade said. "I don't have a vote, but of course Derrick's one of the guys who is a front-runner. He's got to finish out this year strong. Of course, I believe LeBron is a front-runner as well. Them two guys are the leaders of this MVP run, and I'm going to be biased and choose my teammate. There's no question about it, so you can't ask me."

Wouldn't Wade, a fellow Chicagoan, vote for Rose?

"No," he said with a laugh. "Absolutely not ... He's doing great. But MVP is about, you got to finish up strong. You got to lead your team. This is the time where you really start looking at MVP [candidates] and see who finishes out the strongest.

"But he's done a great job with even putting himself to even be in the discussion early in his career, so kudos to him for that. It's kind of like Chris Paul, I think it was like his third year, he was in discussion to win MVP. Kobe [Bryant] won it that year, but he could have easily won it as well."

Nick Friedell covers the Bulls for ESPNChicago.com and ESPN 1000.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Rose is the MVP IMO, Lebron would probably say the same thing..

However, Juwan Howard will probably be cut for his comments, and rightfully so..

Fabbs
02-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Rose is the MVP IMO, Lebron would probably say the same thing..
He chooses not when asked right in the above article.

Besides how Miami is doing, how is Cleveland doing without LeBron? :downspin:

I don't think this will affect LeBrons play, but as for Chrissy Bosh, i dunno.
I don't think this thing is over.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2011, 01:14 AM
If the criteria was that the best player in the league wins MVP, it would be Lebron..I don't think the current criteria follows those guidelines though..

DJ Mbenga
the sky is blue

DJ Mbenga
If the criteria was that the best player in the league wins MVP, it would be Lebron..I don't think the current criteria follows those guidelines though..

nash and nowitzki have more mvp's than kobe and shaq. it was never that criteria

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2011, 01:15 AM
nash and nowitzki have more mvp's than kobe and shaq. it was never that criteria

Correct..

jermaine
02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Is sad that Howard being honest has to take flack from what he feels. Rose don't have a side kick that can put up 30, 20, or anything like that. Labrick has a all-star team helping him. Rose is by far the MVP, & he is in the race all alone if you ask any real basketball fan. Howard is a real fan, not a Labrick fan I see.

lefty
02-25-2011, 09:17 AM
lol Bosh not taking the blame for the loss

Chillen
02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Derrick is only getting better and he definitely has all the goods. high basketball IQ, leadership, passing skills, quickness, ability to take big shots in crunch time, very good defender and rebounder. He is having a great year and is probably the favorite to win the MVP award. LeBron is playing with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade for petes sake, hard to give him the MVP award with help like that.

Cane
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
lol Bosh not taking the blame for the loss

At least he was on TV!

hater
02-25-2011, 09:58 AM
the Heat is a difformity of a team. It's the Elephant Man of NBA teams.

MultiFabbs
02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/l/A/ralphnose.jpg

I like to sit here all day and think of badass nicknames!
Too bad that's all I can do

Ashy Larry
02-25-2011, 10:36 AM
If the Bulls win the division, he'll probably get it ....... voters need a reason not to give it to LeBron who may win it again and I have no problem with that ....... dude is clearly the best player in the league.

Red Hawk #21
02-25-2011, 10:43 AM
the Heat is a difformity of a team. It's the Elephant Man of NBA teams.

I think " The Vybz Kartel of NBA teams" is better tbh.