PDA

View Full Version : Shockey

Flo-Rida
02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Probably going to dolphins, to lazy to copy and paste the link but its on espn .

Veterinarian
02-26-2011, 06:15 AM
The game has always meant personal history to me. I've been watching the NBA since I was 6-years-old. I played in grade school but I wasn't good enough to continue to play. I've always played games of 21 whenever I could, however, and pride myself on defense. I grew up idolizing the Bad Boys and as the Pistons built a Championship contender this past decade, I was in the building. I was there when the Pistons won their first playoff series in 11 years. The closest I got to the Championship was watching game 2 of the 2004 postseason. I read about the team every day from 1999 to 2006. I taped the games all the way up to this season. The Pistons have been the one common thread throughout being a fan.

I watched college too. I remember watching the "timeout" game with Chris Webber, Syracuse's run in 2003 (praying the Pistons won Memphis' draft pick to draft Carmelo), and the run by Stephen Curry and Memphis in 2008.

I love the speed of the game, the demand on the body. I am drawn to defense and balanced teams. A good pick-and-roll is all I need. Execution on both ends is important to me. I like defense that leads to offense. I find this is about all I watch for entertainment on TV. There's no drinking or gambling around the game for me.

My current favorite team is the Boston Celtics. I've admired the dominance of the San Antonio Spurs, the consistency of the Blazers, Jazz, and Mavericks. Michael Jordan (although I have come to respect him as an adult) was always the enemy meaning I cheered for the New York Knicks and Miami Heat. I liked the Larry Johnson/Alonzo Mourning Charlotte Hornets. Ron Artest has been the enemy as long as he was with Indiana. People don't understand--the Pistons were chasing the Pacers from the last couple of years with Grant Hill all the way up to the 2004 postseason. They were the celebrated young team and the Pistons were the has-beens and cast-offs. It wasn't just one year. Ron Artest, before the brawl, was that guy you would love to have on your team, but hate if you have him on the opposing team.

Speaking of the brawl, I was never more angry after a game. I was never more ashamed to be a Pistons fan. A fan and Ron Artest brought down a Championship contender. It is shameful that it happened here. It ruined the 2005 season as I was watching it. The Pistons were contenders and my stomach turned every time they took the court.

Well, that's what it's meant to me. A lot of time, a lot of fun, and I've never learned an offensive scheme or broken down a defense.

Kyle Orton
02-26-2011, 10:20 AM
The game has always meant personal history to me. I've been watching the NBA since I was 6-years-old. I played in grade school but I wasn't good enough to continue to play. I've always played games of 21 whenever I could, however, and pride myself on defense. I grew up idolizing the Bad Boys and as the Pistons built a Championship contender this past decade, I was in the building. I was there when the Pistons won their first playoff series in 11 years. The closest I got to the Championship was watching game 2 of the 2004 postseason. I read about the team every day from 1999 to 2006. I taped the games all the way up to this season. The Pistons have been the one common thread throughout being a fan.

I watched college too. I remember watching the "timeout" game with Chris Webber, Syracuse's run in 2003 (praying the Pistons won Memphis' draft pick to draft Carmelo), and the run by Stephen Curry and Memphis in 2008.

I love the speed of the game, the demand on the body. I am drawn to defense and balanced teams. A good pick-and-roll is all I need. Execution on both ends is important to me. I like defense that leads to offense. I find this is about all I watch for entertainment on TV. There's no drinking or gambling around the game for me.

My current favorite team is the Boston Celtics. I've admired the dominance of the San Antonio Spurs, the consistency of the Blazers, Jazz, and Mavericks. Michael Jordan (although I have come to respect him as an adult) was always the enemy meaning I cheered for the New York Knicks and Miami Heat. I liked the Larry Johnson/Alonzo Mourning Charlotte Hornets. Ron Artest has been the enemy as long as he was with Indiana. People don't understand--the Pistons were chasing the Pacers from the last couple of years with Grant Hill all the way up to the 2004 postseason. They were the celebrated young team and the Pistons were the has-beens and cast-offs. It wasn't just one year. Ron Artest, before the brawl, was that guy you would love to have on your team, but hate if you have him on the opposing team.

Speaking of the brawl, I was never more angry after a game. I was never more ashamed to be a Pistons fan. A fan and Ron Artest brought down a Championship contender. It is shameful that it happened here. It ruined the 2005 season as I was watching it. The Pistons were contenders and my stomach turned every time they took the court.

Well, that's what it's meant to me. A lot of time, a lot of fun, and I've never learned an offensive scheme or broken down a defense.

So a "friend" of mine owes me money. He came over to my house the other day and soliticted my help. He said there was 10 bucks in it for me if I did 3 loads of laundry and washed all his dishes. I did it as fast as I could, about 2 hours after he asked, it was done. He was running out of tobacco, so I gave him the rest of my tobacco because he's a heavier smoker than I am. A little short on cash around this time of the month, he promised me that he'd have the money to me the next day. This was on Sunday. So, theoretically, by Monday I should have the money.

He says that he didn't get his check on Monday. Okay, I said, and I left it at that. I ask him again today, he says he has his check is here but he needs to get to the bank. Okay, I said, again. Tonight I go over to his apartment and he procedes to tell me that he spent my 10 dollars on something "we (his other friends) got some stuff and he didn't have the 10 dollars to pay me back." So he promises me the ten dollars on Wednesday. I have a busy day tomorrow so I won't find out until 4PM tomorrow if he's lying to me. He tells me to get a job because I don't make enough money. Well, if he'd pay me...

I've given a lot to this guy. He got meals at my apartment at least twice a week for six months last year. He didn't have cable so I let him watch whatever he wanted to watch, let him stay in my apartment from 6AM to 10PM every night and he was the one who left. When I went away on trips, he sometimes would have a key to let himself in. I subsequently found my VCR broken (brand-new). I even financed a tattoo about a year ago and it took him 8 months to get me 70 dollars for it. I even paid for the cream to keep it from becoming infected.

I want this "friend" out of my life. He's a user and he's found that the milk has gone sour on me so he's keeping other people a priority now that I don't have the cash to support his many habits. Because I don't get pissed and angry and curse in his face, he thinks I'm a pushoever. Some "friend."

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you do this to other people?

Veterinarian
02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
2010-11 Prediction: 20-62 (.244)
2010-11 Detroit Pistons Record: 21-39 (.350)
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/features/fran_blinebury/06/19/draft.bargains/rodman262-061909.jpg

Flo-Rida
02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh well how do you explain your logic in that sense?

LakerHater
03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
& the Jets cut Kris Jenkins!!!

Andrew Cunanan
03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Shockey's going to the Dolphins b/c he's in love with a girl there, and i know who it is

Bill_Brasky
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Shockey's going to the Dolphins b/c he's in love with a girl there, and i know who it is
Wrong, he's going to Carolina.

Taco
03-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Wrong, he's going to Carolina.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/TACO5518/shockeyshocked.gif?t=1299537728