PDA

View Full Version : Somber news for Mavs or Lakers fans, title probably not happening

Rummpd
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/who-are-the-title-contenders-at-the-all-star-break-hint-maybe-not-the-mavericks-or-the-lakers/

See the tables and the wages of wins that a analysis of both the Lakers and the Mavs make them unlikely to win the title:

"The projected wins are not a forecast of where these teams will finish the 2010-11 season. This is simply the number of wins the corresponding efficiency differential typically translates into across an 82 game season. Efficiency differential explains about 95% of team wins and is considered a better measure of a team’s future prospects.
The top three in efficiency differential this season are the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, and Boston Celtics.
The Lakers have improved since last year.
But the Lakers currently rank 5th in efficiency differential.
The Dallas Mavericks have the 4th best winning percentage in the NBA. But their efficiency differential suggests this team is not a title contender. And I am not sure a healthy Dirk Nowitzki is enough to close the gap."

Venti Quattro
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Somber news for Lakers fans, 2 titles already happened.

Fpoonsie
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Wow. That was the most arbitrarily technical trash talk...ever.

JamStone
02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
The very first table on your link showed that the Lakers were ranked 7th in "efficiency differential" last season when they WON THE TITLE.

Good talk.

Phillip
02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Rummpd has steadily been making a case for taking the title of "Worst Poster on Spurstalk" with these constant dumbass threads/posts he has been putting up.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Wow. That was the most arbitrarily technical trash talk...ever.

That's internet fanboy stat geek lingo.

The game of basketball from the comfort of an office chair.

All the smartest basketball minds I've ever met were overweight number crunching nerds who've never picked up a basketball in their damn lives.

Cry Havoc
02-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry to tell you Lakers fans, but it's over. The stats say you won't win. Might as well hang them up now. :lol We'll understand if you still want to play your playoff games just for show, but without any hope of winning.

Venti Quattro
02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah like the spurs are going to win :lol

Phillip
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
its a really dumbass rating system too. yeah, the stretch where the Mavs had no Dirk and were in the search for getting their starting rotation together after losing him and Butler im sure has absolutely no effect on this ratings system. not to mention having had one of, if not the toughest schedule in the NBA so far.

on the other hand the Heat have had a shit schedule, pounding on weak east teams so far, but getting their asses handed to them by top teams like Boston, Chicago, Orlando, and Dallas, yet they have the best rating in this category.

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
lol nerdy spurs fans who overuse stats.

clambake
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
anyone think the spurs will choke this season away?

BlackSwordsMan
02-25-2011, 03:44 PM

yes I think it every game

clambake
02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
yes I think it every game

i don't blame you. being the frontrunner can suck. just ask the patriots.

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 03:54 PM

No.

NRHector
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
anyone think the spurs will choke this season away?the voice of the experience at it best

Fergie The Florists
02-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Title coming to The Gahden

clambake
02-25-2011, 04:40 PM
the voice of the experience at it best

careful, you might end up sharing that.

hater
02-25-2011, 04:43 PM
LOL trolled

Rumnpd gaining on the troll ranks

Props :tu

Jt.ONE
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
there are still people who take OP seriously now a days? :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2011, 05:09 PM
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/who-are-the-title-contenders-at-the-all-star-break-hint-maybe-not-the-mavericks-or-the-lakers/

See the tables and the wages of wins that a analysis of both the Lakers and the Mavs make them unlikely to win the title:

"The projected wins are not a forecast of where these teams will finish the 2010-11 season. This is simply the number of wins the corresponding efficiency differential typically translates into across an 82 game season. Efficiency differential explains about 95% of team wins and is considered a better measure of a team’s future prospects.
The top three in efficiency differential this season are the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, and Boston Celtics.
The Dallas Mavericks have the 4th best winning percentage in the NBA. But their efficiency differential suggests this team is not a title contender. And I am not sure a healthy Dirk Nowitzki is enough to close the gap."

aye...say mane...instead of jerking off to the board next time she tells you she didn't cum...just go out and buy yourself a penis extender... :lol

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 05:15 PM
aye...say mane...instead of jerking off to the board next time she tells you she didn't cum...just go out and buy yourself a penis extender... :lol

I thought you preferred the Luva strap on. :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
I thought you preferred the Luva strap on. :lol

just as long as you're in front of it...:lol

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
just as long as you're in front of it...:lol

But I don't have long, blond, hair and a purple-n-gold tutu. :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2011, 05:34 PM
But I don't have long, blond, hair and a purple-n-gold tutu. :lol

but you do have a twice splintered rectum...:lol

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 06:08 PM
but you do have a twice splintered rectum...:lol

I'm receiving threatening pm's now from Luva to lay off her/his(?) bitch. :lol

Killakobe81
02-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Rummpd has steadily been making a case for taking the title of "Worst Poster on Spurstalk" with these constant dumbass threads/posts he has been putting up.

Why does rumpd care so much? Spurs are at least 5 games better then the rest of the NBA ...you think he would be less insecure.

Spurs are the favorites right now ...enjoy it. No need to post gibberish like this ...

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
4.256469 star thread, will read again but not sure if i will recommend to friends and family

Ace
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
:lmao rummpd

Koolaid_Man
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM

3-1 hurts this morning doesn't it....:lol

MannyIsGod
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
:lmao

:(

:lmao

:(

More :lmao than :( though.

Venti Quattro
06-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Ru-bu-bu-bummmmpd :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Venti Quattro
06-05-2011, 07:16 AM

Another Mavfan regulating :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao