PDA

View Full Version : We Choose Consultations

Marcus Bryant
02-25-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.tnr.com/article/world/84191/obama-libya-intervention-qaddafi-iran-egypt

boutons_deux
02-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Rabbi Boteach is on Huffpo bitching about Barry using "unacceptable" killings rather than language appropriate to human slaughter.

RandomGuy
02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.tnr.com/article/world/84191/obama-libya-intervention-qaddafi-iran-egypt

Why is Obama so disinclined to use the power at his disposal?

Because Moamar could choose to start executing Westerners still in the country, or hold them for over a year, ala the US embassy in Iran in 1979-80

That's why.

EVAY
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
MB, you posted the article, which I read.

What is your reaction to the author's argument?

Are you in favor of American intervention in Libya? If so, at what level?

What do you believe Obama's response should be?

Marcus Bryant
02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
MB, you posted the article, which I read.

What is your reaction to the author's argument?

I disagree with the premise, but agree that Obama is reluctant (with good reason) for political reasons to intervene.

Are you in favor of American intervention in Libya? If so, at what level?

Not really and zero. well, zero as it relates to military interventionism.

What do you believe Obama's response should be?

Diplomatic, as goes the euphemism.

EVAY
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I disagree with the premise, but agree that Obama is reluctant (with good reason) for political reasons to intervene.

Not really and zero. well, zero as it relates to military interventionism.

Diplomatic, as goes the euphemism.

I agree that Obama is reluctant to use military intervention. If he were in favor of such intervention, I would think he had been taken over by someone he hates.

He should be reluctant to use intervention. Absolutely we should not intervene.

His political posturing, I believe, is probably a result of simultaneously trying to keep Americans who are there safe, support the people who are looking for some improved way of life (at least verbally), and not piss off the other autocratic rulers in the region who sell us oil.