PDA

View Full Version : Now that Perk is gone

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I have to admit, I'm a little sad today.

I was thoroughly enjoying the perplexed reactions of C's fans nation wide, basking in their misery.

But now a full day after the trade I am bummed about no longer having the adversary I had come to loathe but ultimately respect. This C's team was one of the toughest, well balanced, defensive teams the league has ever seen and now it's pretty much over. Goodbye rivalry.

R.I.P. 2007-11 Celtics, you were a worthy opponent. :king

midnightpulp
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Goodbye rivalry.

9-3 edge, Celtics.

There was and is no "rivalry."

Koolaid_Man
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
9-3 edge, Celtics.

remember dat next time u try and step to a playa like Kool who's way outta ur league...you pussy escape artist you...:lol

Giuseppe
02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I sympathize for Celtics stalwarts here & elsewhere. I can't empathize because there is no comparable Laker to lose in the capacity of Perkins there.

z0sa
02-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I sympathize for Celtics stalwarts here & elsewhere. I can't empathize because there is no comparable Laker to lose in the capacity of Perkins there.

Ron's mind could go at any moment

JamStone
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
9-3 edge, Celtics.

1-1 tbh

LnGrrrR
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM

I was just thinking about that the other day. The Lakers really don't have a "blue-collar" hero type player.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
9-3 edge, Celtics.

Sort of like that Lakers-Spurs rivalry?

8-3 Lakers

4-1 in the Kobe+Phil / Tim+Pop era

Regardless, I was speaking specifically about this Boston core unit versus this Laker core unit which is in its 4th season as competitive adversaries.

LnGrrrR
02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Regardless, I was speaking specifically about this Boston core unit versus this Laker core unit which is in its 4th season as competitive adversaries.

I agree, it was a good rivalry.

Killakobe81
02-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Rivalry is not over ... and Mid is right it is 9-3 ... but still a rivalry.

Who are the spurs rivals? Cant be us since we own you guys in the playoffs (based on your own criteria) ...
you guys owned the Suns until the skunker ...so no dice.

praytell mid, in your infinite wisdom please define the term "rivalry" for us?

Was the assrapings Chuck and Hakeem gave the Spurs invalidate that rivalry as well? Were the Lakers Celts not a great rivalry since we won 2 of the 3 finals headtohead that decade? Are the sixers not a rival because we have beat them 3 of 4?

Most would agree, once each team has beaten the other in a playoff ...that is a rivalry. So this current Lakers/Celts and the 80's version applies

JamStone
02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
I was just thinking about that the other day. The Lakers really don't have a "blue-collar" hero type player.

Artest should probably be it but his brain is on Mars. Odom might be the most comparable in terms of intangible value to the team that doesn't show up in box scores. But I think you're right. The Lakers don't have that one guy who does all the dirty work, rarely gets the pub but is still truly beloved by the fans of the team.

Giuseppe
02-25-2011, 06:28 PM

It's difficult to find another example of Perkins/Celtics. That's why it is absolutely stunning that he was traded.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Artest should probably be it but his brain is on Mars. Odom might be the most comparable in terms of intangible value to the team that doesn't show up in box scores. But I think you're right. The Lakers don't have that one guy who does all the dirty work, rarely gets the pub but is still truly beloved by the fans of the team.

I agree that the semblance of this type of character can be found in Ron and Lamar, but neither embody it completely.

I was about to post almost the same thing but refrained because both are too "Hollywood" to ever be perceived as blue collar.

Killakobe81
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Artest would be it if he didnt care deep down inside what folks think of his game. Sure Perk wanted the ball a bit more and wanted to get paid like a valuable center (he is in this market of weak centers) but the difference is ron has delusions of grandeuor and you see it when he takes dumb shots.
Perk sacrifices his game for the team ...plus to be COMPLETELY appples to apples it would have to been a kid we drafted ...so Bynum would be the likely candidate especially after playing hurt last year in the finals but look at how different they approached surgery and rehab ...that did not go well with our fan-base.
Plus Bynum focuses on offense not defense ...PJ has begged Bynum to be more like perk ..Bynum thinks he is more like Howard ...

Axe Murderer
02-25-2011, 06:47 PM

Derek Fisher?

Giuseppe
02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Derek Fisher?

The Jazz defection back to Los Angeles sullies his record.

Killakobe81
02-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Derek Fisher?

he is for me ...good call.
But he left for more money to Gstate so that is not apples to apples ...

JoeTait75
02-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree that the semblance of this type of character can be found in Ron and Lamar, but neither embody it completely.

Lamar?

mavsfan1000
02-25-2011, 07:39 PM
It is kind of sad that Ainge of all people fucked the Celtics the most. Anyways time to rebuild Celtics as many teams have to do or do soon.

mingus
02-25-2011, 07:51 PM
The Lakers-Celtics rivalry wasn't happening this year anyway.

mingus
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Save your tears for the playoffs guys.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 08:03 PM
The Lakers-Celtics rivalry wasn't happening this year anyway.

The consensus of the world outside of Spurstalk begs to differ.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
It's good to know that you're worried enough to know the consensus. I'm sure you've done surveys too.

Venti Quattro
02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
If KG is the voice of toughness in Boston, Perk is the face of toughness for this Boston core. I don't know why Ainge traded him just like that. He will be definitely missed by Boston and their fans.

He'll give more trouble out West especially for LA because becasuse the Lakers have to face OKC twice or thrice more, and maybe in the playoffs.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Boston didn't need Perkins to beat LA this year. It affects them more against Orlando and Miami

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 08:17 PM
It's good to know that you're worried enough to know the consensus. I'm sure you've done surveys too.

Nope. Not worried in the least bit.

Bummed that I won't be seeing the Rubber match I felt the world deserved but worried? No, not in the least bit.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Your being worried isn't a matter of dispute. Now, go do your surveying of the people outside of Spurstalk.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Your being worried isn't a matter of dispute. Now, go do your surveying of the people outside of Spurstalk.

Never had to. The mass media does a perfectly fine job of conducting such affairs.

Be sure to never actually venture out into that creepy dangerous world where non-Spurs homers reside. You might find out >eek< they don't overrate the lowly run and gun, no defense, no low post game having Spurs.

kobe4life
02-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Spur fans are just losers in the grand scheme of things. The reality is nobody cares about your undersized team and the media knows that your team's record is a fluke. The reality is the purple and gold is going to win again and we'll be running this board again for the next few years because I have a feeling the Lakers are going to 4 peat.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Who needs defense when Kobe will shoot his team out of a series.

kobe4life
02-25-2011, 08:33 PM

:lol Yeah he will certainly shoot out the spurs like he did in '01,'02,'04,'08. I have so many fond Kobe memories of him lighting up the spurs. My personal favorite was in '01 when he dropped 40 plus points on your scrub team in game 1.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Lakers fans always bring the goods, you can come to this board all you want.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 08:35 PM

You were banking on that last season too huh?

Sucks to be you.

And the year before? Must have blown your mind to see a Champion shoot his team out a series to 2 straight :lobt::lobt:

Something no Spur in the history of the Spurs has ever done.

Damn, that must be one bitter fucking pill to swallow...

But carry on, please...

Venti Quattro
02-25-2011, 08:36 PM
:lol Yeah he will certainly shoot out the spurs like he did in '01,'02,'04,'08. I have so many fond Kobe memories of him lighting up the spurs. My personal favorite was in '01 when he dropped 40 plus points on your scrub team in game 1.

Oh no, you brought out the past series card. Now they're going to bring out the 2003 semis card :cry :cry :cry

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:37 PM

All I remember is '03 'n '99. Our Forum is your forum since we destroyed yours.

mingus
02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
You were banking on that last season too huh?

Sucks to be you.

And the year before? Must have blown your mind to see a Champion shoot his team out a series to 2 straight :lobt::lobt:

Something no Spur in the history of the Spurs has ever done.

Damn, that must be one bitter fucking pill to swallow...

But carry on, please...

Apparently repeating doesn't cure butthurtedness.

kobe4life
02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
All I remember is '03 'n '99. Our Forum is your forum since we destroyed yours.

It doesn't bother me the bottom line the Lakers are 4-2 against the spurs the last decade when it comes to series wins. You guys rarely ever beat us and when you did it was because in '99 we didn't have Phil Jackson and '03 you bastards lucked out with Rick Fox being injured.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Apparently repeating doesn't cure butthurtedness.

Yet it is mass butthurtedness that keeps one from repeating.