PDA

View Full Version : Who is greater, Manu or Maradona?

Splits
02-26-2011, 02:50 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/wi0vhk.jpg

mexpurs21
02-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Pele :lol

Nah, Manu is the best of them all :downspin:

The Btown Spur
02-26-2011, 03:00 AM
In Texas: Manu easily

In Argentina: Maradona easily

jesterbobman
02-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Maradona is in the discussion of greatest footballers(soccer players) ever. Whether he is or not is debatable, but he's definitely a candidate. Manu is not in the equivalent basketball discussion. Maradona(As I think Manu would quite definitely say himself)

cutewizard
02-26-2011, 03:36 AM
i say Manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manu is more than the sum of his parts

he is an EMERGENT SYSTEM

cutewizard
02-26-2011, 03:37 AM
being a good role model is PART of the discussion

and Manu is

cutewizard
02-26-2011, 03:37 AM
actually, i consider Manu one of the top 15 cagers of all time

dats enough of a criterion

coz i said so

lol

UnWantedTheory
02-26-2011, 03:51 AM
rSaC-YbSDpo

UnWantedTheory
02-26-2011, 03:51 AM
:p:

jimo2305
02-26-2011, 03:53 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_sow_experts__16/ept_sports_sow_experts-346840378-1295417345.jpg?ymCQBbED_vpO27xO

until manu coaches the argentinian basketball team he's not on maradona's level..

should i photoshop it?

Splits
02-26-2011, 03:59 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_sow_experts__16/ept_sports_sow_experts-346840378-1295417345.jpg?ymCQBbED_vpO27xO

until manu coaches the argentinian basketball team he's not on maradona's level..

should i photoshop it?

He lost his brass knuckles down there.

http://www.soccerjones.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/diego-maradona-e1280422989697.jpg

Splits
02-26-2011, 04:01 AM
or are those anal beads?

UnWantedTheory
02-26-2011, 04:22 AM
or are those anal beads?
Good eye.

will_spurs
02-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Whoever thinks Manu > Maradonna doesn't know anything about soccer :lmao

Nice banner though, Trelew is quite far from SA!

DrSteffo
02-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Maradona is the best in the history of the biggest sport in the world but I guess I have to go with Manu because "He's Manu Ginobili".

gilmor
02-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Maradona is God, Manu is just a very good human

WildcardManu
02-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Maradona is god in Argentina.

ego
02-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Stupid thread!

How can you compare a man with an animal with no brain, who started doing cocaine to calm his nerves !

romain.star
02-26-2011, 05:06 AM
:shootme

Manu is an amazing shooting guard with a great résumé but he's barely among the 50 greatest BB players of all time

On the other hand, Maradona is.... el pibe del oro: the best man to ever play soccer (shortly followed by Cruyff, Pelé and Zidane)

UnWantedTheory
02-26-2011, 05:13 AM
I am actually wondering why or how this is a comparison?

Pauleta14
02-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Manu is an amazing shooting guard with a great résumé but he's barely among the 50 greatest BB players of all time

On the other hand, Maradona is.... el pibe del oro: the best man to ever play soccer (shortly followed by Cruyff, Pelé and Zidane)

:toast

I have the same ranking...

Slomo
02-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Maradona by about 30 pounds.

chasky
02-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Manu 6'6
Diego 5'6

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Greater skill at their sport?

Maradona no doubt

Greater notion of what it means to represent your country and the responsibilities that brings?

Manu everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

spursbird
02-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Please lock the thread. Stupid thread.

oski1000
02-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Maradona=Michael Jordan=R.Federer=Tiger Woods

Manu plays in a high level and a natural winner with a tough mind.

Chachachango
02-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Why does maradona have two watches on? In case he forgets which arm he put it on?

I think Maradona is greater and I would guess Manu follows. I know them Argentinians take their soccer seriously. I think Manu would say Maradona.

Muser
02-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Manu isn't a cheating faggot

Oh and :lmao at using his coaching, he was a fucking terrible coach.

MB20
02-26-2011, 08:31 AM
As great as Manu is, Maradona wins by a landslide.

Manu shares 2nd greatest with Vilas, De Vicenzo, Monzon.

sefant77
02-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Maradona could shot a kid and everyone in argentina would say "why the damn kid jumped in front of the gun? Now Diego is traumatized. Stupid kid".

Maradona >>>> Ginobili

Frankie23
02-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Why does maradona have two watches on? In case he forgets which arm he put it on?
Cause he travels a lot and wants to have, in one watch his local time, and in the other, his daughters time.

Stupid thread, we love them both. They both put Argentina at the very best level in the world..

Slydragon
02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
for soccor = Manu
for Bball = Maradona
:downspin:

ohmwrecker
02-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Maradona is god in Argentina.

It's too bad the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

BRs.Ganso
02-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Pele and Oscar by far! :lol

Russ
02-26-2011, 10:54 AM
As they used to say on Saturday Night Live, "Quien es mas macho? Fernando Lamas o Ricardo Montalban?"

The easier question between Manu and Maradona would be, who is taller?

chasky
02-26-2011, 10:57 AM

I think Maradona is greater and I would guess Manu follows. I know them Argentinians take their soccer seriously. I think Manu would say Maradona.

One with Argentina's time and the other with local time.

duncanCOSTARICA
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Ginobily is a real sportsman

maradona ? Coke head

cheguevara
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-05/01/xin_330401300914517298804.jpg

John_spurs
02-26-2011, 03:07 PM
One with Argentina's time and the other with local time.

Not really, actually, one is with the timezone of one of his daughters (Dalma) and the other watch is with the other daughter (Gianina)

And for those criticising Maradona for being an addict, i want to see how you would handle yourselves if you lived what he lived (being a third world poor kid, and suddenly, 5 years later, you're the king of the world, with EVERY SINGLE kid wanting to be like you). If you don't know his story, don't waste your words talking about him, he's just as human as everybody else.

P.D: Yes, i'm from Argentina

rascal
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM

What would Maradona say?

Thompson
02-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Even if you say Manu is an 8 out of 10 in basketball, and Maradona was a 10 out of 10 in soccer, soccer is only half a sport, so Manu's 8 > Maradona's 5.

Hooks
02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Fuck soccer.

pad300
02-26-2011, 10:02 PM

:toast

I have the same ranking...

That's unfortunate - two people sharing the same delusion.
Pelé >= Cruyff > Maradona> Zidane

DPG21920
02-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Zidane>Diego.

rascal
02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Even if you say Manu is an 8 out of 10 in basketball, and Maradona was a 10 out of 10 in soccer, soccer is only half a sport, so Manu's 8 > Maradona's 5.

Soccer > Basketball on the world stage

Thompson
02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Soccer > Basketball on the world stage

I'm well aware of that; the world's nuts though. Soccer is fun to play, but it's boring as hell to watch. You just watch the ball slowly go back-and-forth because they play on such a massive field, and they have ridiculous rules like 'off sides' to make the pace even slower.

I think of it as 'half a sport' because most players can only use half their bodies; the most skilled, articulable parts of a person's body are their arms/hands, and they can't use them. Basketball is a better demonstration of the human being's capabilities.

I sometimes hear the argument 'soccer players are some of the best-conditioned athletes in the world' as if that somehow makes the sport interesting (they run an average of over 5 miles per game). If that were all that is required to make a game interesting, go watch someone run around a track until they hit 10 miles, it will be twice the excitement.

oski1000
02-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm well aware of that; the world's nuts though. Soccer is fun to play, but it's boring as hell to watch. You just watch the ball slowly go back-and-forth because they play on such a massive field, and they have ridiculous rules like 'off sides' to make the pace even slower.

I think of it as 'half a sport' because most players can only use half their bodies; the most skilled, articulable parts of a person's body are their arms/hands, and they can't use them. Basketball is a better demonstration of the human being's capabilities.

I sometimes hear the argument 'soccer players are some of the best-conditioned athletes in the world' as if that somehow makes the sport interesting (they run an average of over 5 miles per game). If that were all that is required to make a game interesting, go watch someone run around a track until they hit 10 miles, it will be twice the excitement.

In soccer you can use your whole body except hands, is easy to understand, you can play everywhere without any equipment and it level the size of the player so you can be short like Messi or Maradona, skinny, fat or tall and still you can be the best of the world.

lefty
02-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Unlike Diego, Manu can coach.

Neal with it

kuato
02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
What ? please explain your epiphany to us.

DJ Mbenga
02-27-2011, 01:00 AM
this is a stupid question

Splits
02-27-2011, 01:25 AM

That's about the stupidest rant I've ever read. At least in soccer you play for a fixed time with no fucking commercials and the game is intense throughout. If you don't get soccer, then watch a fucking World Cup. I was in South Africa for the last one and it was fucking awesome. It is the antithesis of boring sports such as american football and baseball and cricket and rugby.

Thompson
02-27-2011, 02:01 AM
That's about the stupidest rant I've ever read. At least in soccer you play for a fixed time with no fucking commercials and the game is intense throughout. If you don't get soccer, then watch a fucking World Cup. I was in South Africa for the last one and it was fucking awesome. It is the antithesis of boring sports such as american football and baseball and cricket and rugby.

I don't think the time is fixed exactly. I watched part of the World Cup; Meh.

American football is also a 'full sport' in that you can see a human being perform at their natural limits, with no artificial restrictions like 'you can't use your hands at all.' While the others (baseball, etc.) might be boring to varying degrees, American football isn't boring, especially compared to soccer.

As one poster mentioned earlier (I think defending soccer) it is popular in part because it is cheap to play; you just need a ball and you can use a make-shift area as a field. People who love it are often people who had no real alternative as kids. When your options are herding goats, digging a trench or playing soccer, I'm sure soccer is very entertaining.

spursbird
02-27-2011, 02:14 AM

American football is also a 'full sport' in that you can see a human being perform at their natural limits, with no artificial restrictions like 'you can't use your hands at all.' While the others (baseball, etc.) might be boring to varying degrees, American football isn't boring, especially compared to soccer.

As one poster mentioned earlier (I think defending soccer) it is popular in part because it is cheap to play; you just need a ball and you can use a make-shift area as a field. People who love it are often people who had no real alternative as kids. When your options are herding goats, digging a trench or playing soccer, I'm sure soccer is very entertaining.
Hey boy, most of the people all over the world prefer soccer than basketball. Soccer is a game of 11, played on a massive court, which means it's hard to reach a goal so that each of the goals is precious. Not all the human being like high-pace games like you, so show some respect to the soccer.

cutewizard
02-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Stupid thread!

How can you compare a man with an animal with no brain, who started doing cocaine to calm his nerves !

perfect,

dats why i told these mojos that Manu is better

cutewizard
02-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Greater skill at their sport?

Maradona no doubt

Greater notion of what it means to represent your country and the responsibilities that brings?

Manu everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

yes yes yes yes

and thus, Manu still comes out on top

DAF86
02-27-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm from Trelew.

DAF86
02-27-2011, 03:21 AM

Maradona -> Fangio -> Monzon -> Vilas -> Messi -> Manu

Not how I would put it though.

will_spurs
02-27-2011, 03:26 AM
This thread succeeds in making all the worst trolls come out.

temujin
02-27-2011, 08:57 AM
It's too bad the rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

It not too bad that the rest of the world actually agrees Maradona was the best soccer player in history, even by playing half of his career as cocaine addicted.

temujin
02-27-2011, 08:59 AM

American football is second to cricket as far as boredom.

Splits
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
This thread succeeds in making all the worst trolls come out.

That was inadvertent. I simply liked the signage those fatties were holding up at the game and thought that since she said Manu=Maradona that most trolls would get a kick out of it since everything on this board seems to boil down to Manu>XXXXX. I failed.

Splits
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
American football is second to cricket as far as boredom.

+1. Why spend 3 1/2 hours watching 20 minutes of action? American football is horrible. Seriously, the plays last for 8 seconds and the rest of the broadcast is spent in advertising and marketing crap products.