PDA

View Full Version : Take A Brief Moment To Reflect On What The Game Means To You

Koolaid_Man
02-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Talk about raising the bar...this is the mother-lode of bar raising... I urge you all to just take a moment and reflect on what the game means to you... as you reflect on your appreciation as a thank you to the game itself feel free to drop a comment or two as you wish......whether street ball, high school, college, or the NBA...

Laker fan will lead the chorus on this one since we have the most to be thankful for....'17' titles, and many many past, current, and just right around corner great players and more to come...:toast

This is how I feel about the Lake Show:
e9Lo2rH-x0A 0R_xw4G4F9I

ChumpDumper
02-26-2011, 04:05 AM
You think of crack addicts?

Koolaid_Man
02-26-2011, 04:09 AM
You think of crack addicts?

please Chump let's raise the bar on this one...

Mary J Blige is like the big sister I wished I had...she's not on drugs show some respect...even for Whitney since she's doing the lord's work these days...

just reflect chump and not make this bout me...ok thanks...:toast

ChumpDumper
02-26-2011, 04:11 AM
It's just a game.

I'm not stupid enough to invest my self worth in a group of millionaires who don't and won't know me. If you are, great.

Koolaid_Man
02-26-2011, 04:20 AM
It's just a game.

I'm not stupid enough to invest my self worth in a group of millionaires who don't and won't know me. If you are, great.

Hey Chump stay with me here...I asked you to reflect on the game...you can reflect on other players or your own game if you wish...

In view of the foregoing, it is wee hrs of the morning and u on here posting so u definitely have some self worth vested in the game...

Let me give u an example...Pussy don't know you either and won't know you but just the thought of it should be worth an investment...:lol ok back to raising the bar...

ChumpDumper
02-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Hey Chump stay with me here...I asked you to reflect on the game...you can reflect on other players or your own game if you wish...I did. You must have missed it.

In view of the foregoing, it is wee hrs of the morning and u on here posting so u definitely have some self worth vested in the game...Nope. I work nights.

Let me give u an example...Pussy don't know you either and won't know you but just the thought of it should be worth an investment...:lol ok back to raising the bar...Knew you wouldn't make it. :tu

Koolaid_Man
02-26-2011, 04:37 AM
I did. You must have missed it.

Nope. I work nights.

Knew you wouldn't make it. :tu

Let me apologize and make up for temporarily lowering the bar...this should make up for it:

MS93Q4jQAO0&NR=1

TheRealCB
02-26-2011, 04:52 AM
Basketball is more than the NBA..Koolaid is right on that Chump...

For me,basketball is all that (I don't know if they mean what they say in this vid,but I feel exactly this way)

eNJ5HX9SUiM

Darrin
02-26-2011, 05:26 AM
The game has always meant personal history to me. I've been watching the NBA since I was 6-years-old. I played in grade school but I wasn't good enough to continue to play. I've always played games of 21 whenever I could, however, and pride myself on defense. I grew up idolizing the Bad Boys and as the Pistons built a Championship contender this past decade, I was in the building. I was there when the Pistons won their first playoff series in 11 years. The closest I got to the Championship was watching game 2 of the 2004 postseason. I read about the team every day from 1999 to 2006. I taped the games all the way up to this season. The Pistons have been the one common thread throughout being a fan.

I watched college too. I remember watching the "timeout" game with Chris Webber, Syracuse's run in 2003 (praying the Pistons won Memphis' draft pick to draft Carmelo), and the run by Stephen Curry and Memphis in 2008.

I love the speed of the game, the demand on the body. I am drawn to defense and balanced teams. A good pick-and-roll is all I need. Execution on both ends is important to me. I like defense that leads to offense. I find this is about all I watch for entertainment on TV. There's no drinking or gambling around the game for me.

My current favorite team is the Boston Celtics. I've admired the dominance of the San Antonio Spurs, the consistency of the Blazers, Jazz, and Mavericks. Michael Jordan (although I have come to respect him as an adult) was always the enemy meaning I cheered for the New York Knicks and Miami Heat. I liked the Larry Johnson/Alonzo Mourning Charlotte Hornets. Ron Artest has been the enemy as long as he was with Indiana. People don't understand--the Pistons were chasing the Pacers from the last couple of years with Grant Hill all the way up to the 2004 postseason. They were the celebrated young team and the Pistons were the has-beens and cast-offs. It wasn't just one year. Ron Artest, before the brawl, was that guy you would love to have on your team, but hate if you have him on the opposing team.

Speaking of the brawl, I was never more angry after a game. I was never more ashamed to be a Pistons fan. A fan and Ron Artest brought down a Championship contender. It is shameful that it happened here. It ruined the 2005 season as I was watching it. The Pistons were contenders and my stomach turned every time they took the court.

Well, that's what it's meant to me. A lot of time, a lot of fun, and I've never learned an offensive scheme or broken down a defense.

Spur_Fanatic
02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Crack whores.

NRHector
02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
you, not posting and making threads is enough to raise the bar

Hooks
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
The game means I have something to watch on tv.

Budkin
02-26-2011, 02:21 PM
There are times that I'm so into games that I get physically ill when my team is doing bad or loses. Then to put things into perspective I think about the fact that I'm getting upset about a bunch of rich dudes running around trying to throw a ball into a hole.

xellos88330
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Basketball to me, is entertainment. So many strategies, and variables within a fast paced sport. It is great for a thinking man. Especially one who loves to think fast.