PDA

View Full Version : Mavs are hottest team in NBA??????????

Crookshanks
02-26-2011, 08:50 PM
According to nba.com they are. Right now on nba.com home page it says: live on NBA TV - the Wizards host the hottest team in the NBA.

The Mavs are 6.5 games behind the Spurs - but just because they've won 4 in a row, they're now the hottest team in the NBA?

Mark Cuban must've paid someone to write that!!! :lmao

sandman
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
I believe they are 14-1 in their last 15 games. That would technically make them the 'hottest' team at this exact point in time. Just because the Spurs have the best record in the L doesn't mean they are always the 'hottest' team.

MannyIsGod
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
They've won something like 14 out of 15, so yes, they are th e hottest team in the NBA.

Martin R
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
yes they are. They are playing VERY solid BB.

elemento
02-26-2011, 09:14 PM
too bad they're a fucking iceberg in the playoffs :rollin

Mal
02-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Oh, I thought it was gay thread..

spursbird
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Yes, they are the hottest right now.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, they are the hottest. Regular season champs.

m33p0
02-26-2011, 11:15 PM
so are the bulls.

Ditty
02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
they're on the easiest schedule of the year...Spurs are on an easy schedule also sorta, but as long as Spurs keep winning it don't matter how many games the mavs win

Hoops Czar
02-27-2011, 12:06 AM
they're on the easiest schedule of the year...Spurs are on an easy schedule also sorta, but as long as Spurs keep winning it don't matter how many games the mavs win

Says the blind leading the blind... According to Hollinger, they've had the second toughest...

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

MannyIsGod
02-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Says the blind leading the blind... According to Hollinger, they've had the second toughest...

I believe he meant on their current run and not the entirety of the season. The SOS of their last quarter of their games is ranked 26th in the NBA.

Hoops Czar
02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I believe he meant on their current run and not the entirety of the season. The SOS of their last quarter of their games is ranked 26th in the NBA.

Yes, that would make more sense.

Ditty
02-27-2011, 12:20 AM
yeah that's what I meant brah

ChuckD
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not worried about Dallas. If we go only 17-6 and finish with 66, they would have to finish 25-0 (on top of their current 14-1) to tie us.

Rather.Unique
02-27-2011, 12:38 AM
14-1 in their last 15 games and they are STILL 6.5 games behind.

lol.

MannyIsGod
02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Obviously its going to be very difficult for Dallas to catch the Spurs in the standings but you should consider them a tough opponent if they continue to play at this pace.

Splits
02-27-2011, 01:29 AM
LOL @ Dallas almost losing to the Wiz when the Spurs blew them out by 40 before garbage time set in.

LOL @ Mavs almost losing to Blatche-less Wiz!

TE
02-27-2011, 01:36 AM

wow lol, lakers and heat having relatively weak schedules.

Thanks, Stern.

crc21209
02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
They havent beaten too many great teams during their run but whatever....

# 1 Troll
02-27-2011, 01:47 AM
havent beaten too many great teams

:lol Explains the spuds season ay?

# 1 Troll
02-27-2011, 01:49 AM
lol spuds fans really believing they have a shot at a title

crc21209
02-27-2011, 01:54 AM
:lol Explains the spuds season ay?

Worst troll on ST tbh....

spursbird
02-27-2011, 02:09 AM
We do not need to believe that because we already have 4. How about you Mavs fan?

Budkin
02-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Mavs schedule until the end of the season is like 50 times easier than the Spurs, so we better keep on winning because I don't think they're going to lose much.

We play each other one more time but we play the Lakers and Heat twice plus the Celtics.

The only tough games besides us on their schedule are two games against the Lakers. That's it.

Like I said, we can't afford to lose against shitty teams, and we better win some of those big games as well.

Budkin
02-27-2011, 03:03 AM

We have the best record in the league... obviously we have a shot at the title. In fact I'm pretty sure that each year the team that has the best record is considered to have a decent shot at winning it all. It's a natural assumption wouldn't you say? In fact the only team I can think of in recent memory that had the best record in the league yet failed to even make it out of the first round is the... ah darn what were their names... oh yeah... the Dallas Mavericks. The biggest chokers in the history of the NBA playoffs. You can try and deny it all you want but it's right there in all the record books. Sorry troll.

DAF86
02-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Spurs have won 48 of their last 58.

Fireball
02-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Mavs are the best team right now ... looked as if they would choke in Washington, but prevailed in the end.

DrSteffo
02-27-2011, 06:53 AM
We have the best record in the league... obviously we have a shot at the title. In fact I'm pretty sure that each year the team that has the best record is considered to have a decent shot at winning it all. It's a natural assumption wouldn't you say? In fact the only team I can think of in recent memory that had the best record in the league yet failed to even make it out of the first round is the... ah darn what were their names... oh yeah... the Dallas Mavericks. The biggest chokers in the history of the NBA playoffs. You can try and deny it all you want but it's right there in all the record books. Sorry troll.

This. Also Kidd still can't shoot but is trigger happy and thinks he is Ray Allen and Terry is plain stupid which helps the other team a lot. Chandler is a decent center, on the same level as our backups. Dirk is MVP IMO because without him Dallas is average at best and with him they are very good, thanks to Dirk.

Martin R
02-27-2011, 07:12 AM
al lI want is DALLAS and LAKERS to finish #2 & #3. THat's all. ;)

Em-City
02-27-2011, 08:24 AM
This. Also Kidd still can't shoot but is trigger happy and thinks he is Ray Allen and Terry is plain stupid which helps the other team a lot. Chandler is a decent center, on the same level as our backups. Dirk is MVP IMO because without him Dallas is average at best and with him they are very good, thanks to Dirk.

what do you mean? i'd take chandler over any big man on our roster exept Timmy

DrSteffo
02-27-2011, 10:21 AM
what do you mean? i'd take chandler over any big man on our roster exept Timmy

There are very few all-star quality centers and Chandler is not among them IMO. He is good but not great. If he was great he would have carried the Mavs when Dirk was out but guess what, without Dirk the Mavs sucked.

Interrohater
02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
There are very few all-star quality centers and Chandler is not among them IMO. He is good but not great. If he was great he would have carried the Mavs when Dirk was out but guess what, without Dirk the Mavs sucked.

Chandler is a great roleplayer, and I'd much rather have a great roleplayer if I couldn't get an all-star caliber center. We don't have either, unless you consider Timmy a center. I love Dejuan, but he's just so inconsistent, I really wish that he would learn to harness his abilities and instead of being raw instincts, he could work on making them more efficient.

xmas1997
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Mavs are peaking right now instead of later near the playoffs.
This is a good sign.
Hopefully the Spurs will peak at the customary right time this year.

ChuckD
02-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Mavs schedule until the end of the season is like 50 times easier than the Spurs, so we better keep on winning because I don't think they're going to lose much.

We play each other one more time but we play the Lakers and Heat twice plus the Celtics.

The only tough games besides us on their schedule are two games against the Lakers. That's it.

Like I said, we can't afford to lose against shitty teams, and we better win some of those big games as well.

I'm not worried about Dallas. If we go only 17-6 and finish with 66, they would have to finish (edit to include last night's Mav win) 24-0 (on top of their current 14-1) to tie us.

It seems like we're catchable, but barring catastrophic injury, we're really not.

MavDynasty
02-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Damn, even bold named spurfan is getting trolled by #1 troll aka Tacker.

MavDynasty
02-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Interesting stat is that with Dirk And TC playing, the Mavs are 39-9. Who knows what their record would be if the team stayed healthy like SA has been able to do

Andrew Cunanan
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
It seems like we're catchable, but barring catastrophic injury, we're really not.

doesn't really matter...SA has come home ringless the last two times they had HCA

Budkin
02-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Interesting stat is that with Dirk And TC playing, the Mavs are 39-9. Who knows what their record would be if the team stayed healthy like SA has been able to do

Most likely they would be neck and neck with the Spurs.

MavDynasty
02-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Most likely they would be neck and neck with the Spurs.

Most likely, they started at 24-5 and I think were .5 or 1 game behind San Antonio before the dirk injury/butler injury/TC illness hit

Shank
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Mavs are peaking right now instead of later near the playoffs.

Hardly.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2011, 01:14 PM
According to nba.com they are. Right now on nba.com home page it says: live on NBA TV - the Wizards host the hottest team in the NBA.

The Mavs are 6.5 games behind the Spurs - but just because they've won 4 in a row, they're now the hottest team in the NBA?

Mark Cuban must've paid someone to write that!!! :lmao

Um, no. The Mavs are the hottest team in the NBA. 15-1 in their last 16 is better than anyone else.

Andrew Cunanan
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
al lI want is DALLAS and LAKERS to finish #2 & #3. THat's all. ;)

that would be an epic series if the Mavs had HCA

Axe Murderer
02-27-2011, 01:18 PM
As a Mavfan i've pretty much ruled out the possibility of catching the Spurs. I feel like the way these two are playing and how tough they've played each other over the years that HCA likely won't make that big of a difference.

I just hope we get the 2 seed because I think we'll need HCA to beat LA

Splits
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Yet another measuring stick for how great this 48-10 Spurs team is. Seriously. 48 wins, 10 losses. Seriously.

The Truth #6
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Hopefully the Mavs tire themselves out chasing the Spurs. If the Mavs somehow got the #1 but were gassed in doing so, and the Spurs were rested and motivated for the playoffs with the #2 seed I would be fine with that. Our record is great (obviously) but it isn't the main goal.

The Mavs have already said they're approaching the end of the season like the playoffs. Good. Go for it.

MavDynasty
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Hell no to the Mavs being able to catch the Spurs. Not enough games left in the season and I don't see the Spurs losing that many games without an injury to one of their top players. Dallas just needs to focus on getting that 2 seed and get past the first fucking round. If Denver lands that 7th seed though, It will be 07 Warriors all over again. They are all very deep and explosive offensive players imho.

As Obstructed View said, Mavericks have won 15 out of their last 16 games with the only loss coming on an Aron Afflalo buzzer beater :lol

Budkin
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Spurs fans can't deny the Mavs are pretty awesome this year. Should make for an amazing WCF assuming the Mavs can beat the Lakers.

Blackjack
02-27-2011, 02:14 PM
As a Mavfan i've pretty much ruled out the possibility of catching the Spurs. I feel like the way these two are playing and how tough they've played each other over the years that HCA likely won't make that big of a difference.

I just hope we get the 2 seed because I think we'll need HCA to beat LA

Killer take.

E0PIdWdw15U

Omnipotent shame, I've brought . . .

Splits
02-27-2011, 03:17 PM
i thought it was 39-7?

49-10 after tonight.

ChuckD
02-27-2011, 03:43 PM
doesn't really matter...SA has come home ringless the last two times they had HCA

And we ringed twice when we had it, '99 and '03.

Rummpd
02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Spurs have won 21 of 24 with many on the road. Yes Mavs hotter but the fact is the Mavs not picking up games on the Spurs at a fast enough pace to make a difference.

Mel_13
02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Spurs have won 21 of 24 with many on the road. Yes Mavs hotter but the fact is the Mavs not picking up games on the Spurs at a fast enough pace to make a difference.

19 of 23.

Rummpd
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
19 of 23.

You are right missed the Philly loss.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Hopefully the Mavs tire themselves out chasing the Spurs. If the Mavs somehow got the #1 but were gassed in doing so, and the Spurs were rested and motivated for the playoffs with the #2 seed I would be fine with that. Our record is great (obviously) but it isn't the main goal.

The Mavs have already said they're approaching the end of the season like the playoffs. Good. Go for it.

Nobody on the Mavs is putting up a ton of minutes. They're not going to kill themselves trying to catch the Spurs when all they've done this season is take care of their business. If they're treating the rest of the season like the playoffs it's just so they can keep up their intensity.