PRELIMINARY CARD
Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs Danny Castillo
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs Cyrille Diabaté
Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs Shane Roller
Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Reuben Duran
Middleweight bout: Rob Kimmons vs Dong Yi Yang
Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs Dave Branch
Light Heavyweight bout: Igor Pokrajac vs Todd Brown

Considering it's a free card just one week after a PPV, I'm looking forward to some great potential finishes shored up by some nice undercard highlights. I mean, that's a really good undercard IMHO, especially if you think about it being Joe Daddy's last fight if he loses. Some big implications for the main event fight too when you consider the BJ/Fitch draw.

And for giggles, feel free to pick FoTN, SoTN, and KOTN.

dbreiden83080
02-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Which Diego shows up??

Stringer_Bell
02-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Diego "The Dream" Sanchez will show up...at least that's what Goldy kept saying all night. Sounds pretty funny, I know, but I think it's to catch Kampmann off guard.

inb4 someone says he's the dream cuz he'll be put to sleep

The TroutBum
02-28-2011, 04:36 AM
Welterweight Bout: Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann -- Never pick against Jackson's fighters. Nightmare is back, baby.
Middleweight Bout: Mark Munoz vs CB Dollaway -- Dollaway is a trick ass queer. Munoz is going to ASSASSINATE him.
Middleweight Bout: Alessio Sakara vs Chris Weidman -- Sakara is one bad mother fucker. 1st round TKO.
Bantamweight Bout: Brian Bowles vs Damacio Page -- I ate Damacio Page with a deep burning passion. Bowles, while an ugly little Beiber-fag, is a bad ass and should have no problem catching this ass hole early and often.

KOOTN - Munoz
SOTN - Bowles
FoTN - Sanchez

polandprzem
02-28-2011, 05:09 AM
MAIN CARD

Welterweight Bout: Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann
Middleweight Bout: Mark Munoz vs CB Dollaway
Middleweight Bout: Alessio Sakara vs Chris Weidman
Bantamweight Bout: Brian Bowles vs Damacio Page

PRELIMINARY CARD
Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs Cyrille Diabaté
Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs Shane Roller
Bantamweight bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Reuben Duran
Middleweight bout: Rob Kimmons vs Dong Yi Yang
Light Heavyweight bout: Igor Pokrajac vs Todd Brown

Stringer_Bell
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
MAIN CARD
- Diego's grappling is stellar at WW, and Kampmann had trouble against a tired, gassed out Sheilds in the 3rd round of a fight he was winning until then. The only problem I can see is Diego rushing in for a take down and getting caught in a submission, or working too hard for a takedown early.
- Munoz is too strong for Dolloway, 30-27 decision.
- Sakara is hungry to get back in there and fight, he'll get the KO on the late replacement fighter.
- Bowles is ready to start his climb back to the top, starting with a submission victory over Page.

Prelim

KOoTN - Sakara over Weidman
SoTN - Palhares over Branch
FoTN - Sanchez/Kampmann

ace3g
02-28-2011, 03:11 PM
MAIN CARD

* Martin Kampmann vs. Diego Sanchez
* C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Munoz
* Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman
* Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Danny Castillo vs. Joe Stevenson
* Cyrille Diabate vs. Steve Cantwell
* Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares
* Reuben Duran vs. Takeya Mizugaki
* Rob Kimmons and Dongi Yang
* Dave Branch vs. Rousimar Palhares
* Todd Brown vs. Igor Pokrajac

strosFan2
03-02-2011, 04:36 PM
* Martin Kampmann vs. Diego Sanchez
* C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Munoz
* Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman
* Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Danny Castillo vs. Joe Stevenson

Stringer_Bell
03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
@Trout: you might want to pick an undercard fight for your predictions, it's a 4 fight card but the undercard has lots of good ones to boost your percentages. Prolly the most stacked free TV undercard ever haha

HighLowLobForBig-50
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
sanchez
munoz
sakara
page

tavares

dbreiden83080
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
MAIN CARD

Diego is a small dog here.. Don't you fuckin let me down Diego.. Come to fight like a killer and not the pussy that got his ass kicked by Hathaway..

Taker another slight under-dog here.. What the hell..

PRELIMINARY CARD
Win or get cut from the UFC Joe Daddy..

ace3g
03-03-2011, 06:16 PM
if you want to discuss the facebook prelims and main card, we can chat here:
http://mmafans.net/pages/chat/

dbreiden83080
03-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Daddy loses

Bye Bye Daddy...

Round 1
Gary Copeland is the referee for this lightweight bout. Stevenson pawing with his jab early. Castillo swings and misses with an overhand right, then a leaping knee. He drops for a takedown and gets stuffed by Stevenson, who drives a knee into Castillo’s gut. A few more follow as Stevenson walks him into the fence. Stevenson still working to complete the takedown, finally lifts Castillo high in the air. Castillo struggles and kicks, but Stevenson holds him there, adjusts and slams him down. Castillo stands, but Stevenson snares a guillotine and jumps guard. It looks bad momentarily, until Castillo drives Stevenson into the canvas. Now Castillo works from half-guard and Stevenson tries for another guillotine. This one isn’t tight and they’re soon back standing. Stevenson goes for another takedown and gets caught in a headlock, which Castillo soon abandons. They’re back to exchanging jabs with 50 seconds to go. Castillo staggers Stevenson with a one-two and pours on further punches, but Stevenson survives on his feet and lands a knee at the end of the round. Castillo answers with one of his own and a wide, swinging combo.

Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Castillo
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Castillo
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Castillo

Round 2
Stevenson inches forward and Castillo intermittently swings haymakers in the opening minute. Castillo goes to his jab and feints changing levels on Stevenson. Nice left hook connects for Castillo, who stuffs a takedown. Stevenson continues digging for it against the fence, eventually lifting and slamming Castillo again. Stevenson works to advance past half-guard as Castillo ties up underneath. He gets to side control for an instant before Castillo regains full guard. Castillo throws elbows from underneath as Stevenson tries to posture up. When Stevenson does, Castillo takes the opportunity to stand and chases Stevenson down. Stevenson drops to a knee and gets drilled with an illegal knee strike from Castillo. No point is deducted as referee Copeland deems the knee unintentional. The action continues and Castillo throws a few leaping knees in the final seconds.

Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Stevenson
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Stevenson
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Castillo

Round 3
Castillo getting the better of the exchanges early with hooks and leg kicks. After a minute, Stevenson goes for a takedown against the cage and gets reversed. Castillo spins out and grabs a headlock while Stevenson keeps driving at his legs. Castillo stands and drives a series of knees into Stevenson’s chest. Stevenson stands, pinned against the fence, and jumps for another guillotine. This time, Castillo has none of it and slams himself loose. Stevenson scrambles to his feet, where Castillo now drives for a takedown. Stevenson grabs at yet another guillotine as he’s taken down, but he doesn’t have the angle. Castillo gets loose and scoops Stevenson against the base of the cage, where he drives more knees to the body of “Joe Daddy.” One minute left and Stevenson is just trying to stay vertical. Castillo gets the takedown and Stevenson gets back up, but he’s bleeding from the left side of his head and looks in real trouble. Castillo gets another takedown and unleashes a torrent of hard punches before the horn.

Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Castillo (29-28 Castillo)
Lutfi Sariahmed scores the round 10-9 Castillo (29-28 Castillo)
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Castillo (30-27 Castillo)

Official scores: The judges score it 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 for Danny Castillo, the winner by unanimous decision.

dbreiden83080
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
WOW

Beautiful submission from Bowles

ace3g
03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
yeah nice guillotine by Bowles

ace3g
03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
woo Munoz!!!

dbreiden83080
03-03-2011, 10:21 PM
FU CB Dalloway

dbreiden83080
03-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Alright Diego..

Win or you are gonna ruin Stringer Bells night.. :lol

ace3g
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
not a good round for Diego

ace3g
03-03-2011, 11:05 PM
2nd round, classic Diego

ace3g
03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Fotn!!!

Stringer_Bell
03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Alright Diego..

Win or you are gonna ruin Stringer Bells night.. :lol

Not just my night, the whole day and my day off tomorrow. All day I was hoping for a win...

I don't know where the controversy comes from, I'm always the harshest critic of Diego. He's a slow starter and takes a lot of punishment, but after the 1st round he listened to all the instructions I yelled at the TV. Perfectly.

Diego was the aggressor, landed the harder shots, and applied his will by a larger margin than Kampmann. Credit to Kampmann for not being a pussy and fighting, as he always brings it, but you don't fight against Diego like he did in Rds 2-3 and expect a decision win. He was gassed and slow in the 3rd, again. HUGE win for Diego because Kampmann beat Shields. He's not ready for a Penn or Fitch again, please God don't let it happen, but his stock just rose a lot.

Fuck Rogan and Ariel for trying to take away from Diego's amazing performance. They didn't say shit when Shields won )which was a Split, this was unanimous), no way they can say shit to Diego for the fight he put on for the fans (as opposed to Shields putting on a fight to make people sleep).

ace3g
03-04-2011, 12:27 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/251752398.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1299215989&Signature=xSnUKis7%2FjvP5j9fD61oubPWLDE%3D

The TroutBum
03-04-2011, 03:10 AM
How about Shane Roller? Fuckin' A.

Great card -- except for Allesio -- that butt fuck cost me a perfect night.

dbreiden83080
03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Well that was bloody and a hell of a fight. Diego lost pretty bad IMO. I mean he made a fight of it like he usually does because he is such a warrior but he got picked apart badly in rounds 1 and 3 on the feet. 1 TD in like 13 attempts and they give him the win..

Yikes JUDGING!!

dbreiden83080
03-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Not just my night, the whole day and my day off tomorrow. All day I was hoping for a win...

I don't know where the controversy comes from, I'm always the harshest critic of Diego. He's a slow starter and takes a lot of punishment, but after the 1st round he listened to all the instructions I yelled at the TV. Perfectly.

Diego was the aggressor, landed the harder shots, and applied his will by a larger margin than Kampmann. Credit to Kampmann for not being a pussy and fighting, as he always brings it, but you don't fight against Diego like he did in Rds 2-3 and expect a decision win. He was gassed and slow in the 3rd, again. HUGE win for Diego because Kampmann beat Shields. He's not ready for a Penn or Fitch again, please God don't let it happen, but his stock just rose a lot.

Fuck Rogan and Ariel for trying to take away from Diego's amazing performance. They didn't say shit when Shields won )which was a Split, this was unanimous), no way they can say shit to Diego for the fight he put on for the fans (as opposed to Shields putting on a fight to make people sleep).

Fight metric had Kampman winning pretty big 475-333

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/03/sanchez-vs-kampmann-official-ufc.html

It was a good fight but Diego got his face blasted to shit. If you are big on damage in MMA then Deigo lost badly.. But it was a good fight..

Stringer_Bell
03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Well that was bloody and a hell of a fight. Diego lost pretty bad IMO. I mean he made a fight of it like he usually does because he is such a warrior but he got picked apart badly in rounds 1 and 3 on the feet. 1 TD in like 13 attempts and they give him the win..

Yikes JUDGING!!

There's no doubt that Kampmann outfenced him and cut him with calculated punches, but it became Diego's fight in the 2nd. Defending those takedown attempts wore Kampmann down, he was very tired and allowed Diego to get up in the pocket and blast him against the cage. Heck, even Dana agrees! :p:

dbreiden83080
03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
There's no doubt that Kampmann outfenced him and cut him with calculated punches, but it became Diego's fight in the 2nd. Defending those takedown attempts wore Kampmann down, he was very tired and allowed Diego to get up in the pocket and blast him against the cage. Heck, even Dana agrees! :p:

Dana is showing me he knows as much about judging as he does about dieting these days.. :lol

But opinions aside it was a good fight and the UFC better not punish Kampman for that loss..

Stringer_Bell
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Kampmann isn't getting punished, he got an extra 100K in addition ot the 60K bonus. Dana said there is no loser in a fight like that, which I totally agree with.

Check out my sig for a sweet Diego gif! haha

dbreiden83080
03-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Kampmann isn't getting punished, he got an extra 100K in addition ot the 60K bonus. Dana said there is no loser in a fight like that, which I totally agree with.

Check out my sig for a sweet Diego gif! haha

I see Diego doing a lot of swinging and not a lot of landing there.. :lol

polandprzem
03-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I do agree - Martin won the fight

ace3g
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I see Diego doing a lot of swinging and not a lot of landing there.. :lol

That is why I don't like the whole cage control and aggression aspect of scoring for a fight, you can technically do that every so often and gain points; even if you aren't landing punches.

In my opinion, in the Rampage/Machida fight, Rampage was more aggressive but wasn't landing a lot of shots; and I think the aggression aspect won him the fight.

The TroutBum
03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Yikes JUDGING!!

I disagree. Part of the judging is based on aggresion and octagon control. Sanchez clearly lost the first round, but he owned both the aggresion and the octagon in 2 and 3. I wasn't surprised by the decision at all.

Secondly, I hate Sanchez. What a fat lard. When he started the first round, my heart sank -- he's fat, lazy, and out of shape; his fight career is toast. But I was stoked as hell when he came roaring back.

CubanSucks
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fGLfKPEOC3A/TXBlgWoBVaI/AAAAAAAABmI/oOOxt24l6FY/s1600/5.gif

looks like an erratic kid fighting on the playground trying desperately to land something

dbreiden83080
03-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I disagree. Part of the judging is based on aggresion and octagon control. Sanchez clearly lost the first round, but he owned both the aggresion and the octagon in 2 and 3. I wasn't surprised by the decision at all.

Secondly, I hate Sanchez. What a fat lard. When he started the first round, my heart sank -- he's fat, lazy, and out of shape; his fight career is toast. But I was stoked as hell when he came roaring back.

Part of the problem in MMA judging IMO is judges don't pay enough attention to the details in a fight. In boxing you can press the action, swing like a mad-man get badly picked apart with counters and if the judges are experienced they will get the decision correct. However in MMA we have TD's count for way too much and aggression with-out landing count for way too much. Diego got a TD in round 3 and was like 0-12 before that. He got picked apart with counters most of the round and had 1 or 2 big flurries where he landed next to nothing. To me it is the precision and skill of fighting that a lot of judges have no take on. They don't know what to look for.. Octagon control is fine if the other fighter is not doing much of anything. But Kampman was busting Diego's face up to shit all night long with counter punching...

dbreiden83080
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I like Diego i really do but

he lost that fight...

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1576/1040311120951.png

The TroutBum
03-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I love you DB, but you're wrong on this one. Just sayin'.

dbreiden83080
03-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I love you DB, but you're wrong on this one. Just sayin'.

It's cool

That's one of the great things about combat sports is if the fight goes the distance, people can debate the outcome.. The clock doesn't just run out and the score is what it is..

CubanSucks
03-06-2011, 02:22 AM
I like Diego i really do but

he lost that fight...

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1576/1040311120951.png

so this guy won cause he had 1 td and was more aggressive? Or, does the quote "you should see the other guy" apply?

Stringer_Bell
03-06-2011, 02:33 AM
so this guy won cause he had 1 td and was more aggressive? Or, does the quote "you should see the other guy" apply?

The other guy was trying to win the decision, Diego was trying to win the fight. Just sayin'

CubanSucks
03-06-2011, 04:52 AM
The other guy was trying to win the decision, Diego was trying to win the fight. Just sayin'

I didn't see the fight and haven't seen what Kampmann looked like after...but that picture REALLY looks like someone who just lost a fight

and if what you're saying is true, Kampmann maybe deserved a little tongue lashing by Dana White, not a loss

polandprzem
03-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Well Diego broke Martins hand with his head. That must count for something.

dbreiden83080
03-06-2011, 12:01 PM

How was Kampman not trying to win the fight? By the look of Diego's face one more round and he would have had brain damage. Diego was coming hard and Martin was busting him up all night. It was a good fight but damn if i did that much damage to someone and they raised his hand, I'd be so pissed i might retire..

Stringer_Bell
03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I didn't see the fight and haven't seen what Kampmann looked like after...but that picture REALLY looks like someone who just lost a fight

and if what you're saying is true, Kampmann maybe deserved a little tongue lashing by Dana White, not a loss

Kampmann got 160 in bonus money, White had no bad words for him. I'm really glad the judges didn't just look at Diego's hamburger meat face. He cuts so easy these days and got off to a really slow start, but he went for it and it was a great fight.

polandprzem
03-07-2011, 03:26 AM
They would not let Diego fight next round if you ask me

Stringer_Bell
03-07-2011, 06:05 AM
They would not let Diego fight next round if you ask me

There was no next round, a 3 round strategy is different than a 5 round strategy. I don't think Diego would have lasted with that gut for 5 rounds, much less with those cuts.

polandprzem
03-07-2011, 07:15 AM
There was no next round, a 3 round strategy is different than a 5 round strategy. I don't think Diego would have lasted with that gut for 5 rounds, much less with those cuts.

Well Diego is in the same intensity if it's 3 or 5

All in all f yt

Shogun time

Stringer_Bell
04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/83946.html

The Dane is still bitter about the loss, despite being given a $160,000 bonus by the UFC, and he wants Sanchez to honour a rematch. At the end of March Kampmann claimed a "five year old" could have seen that he won the fight, and still he is not letting the matter drop.

Sanchez recently wrote on his personal Twitter account: "Should I start retweeting all the fans that tweet me that they thought I won the fight the way Martin Kampmann does his? Nah my hand was raised."

Kampmann's response stated: "If you don't want to fight me again I'm sure your face doesn't blame you, but lots of fans want to see round 4, 5 and 6."

The butthurt from this dude that tried to coast to a W is unbelievable. He pushes his luck with Sheilds, loses a close decision and a title shot. He doesn't try to finish the fight with Diego, loses a close decision BUT gets a great bonus and recognition. Toss his ass to Nate Diaz already, gtfo Kampmann. I'm about ready to start a twitter account so Diego can RT me to Kampmann's bitch ass.

CubanSucks
04-08-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/83946.html

The butthurt from this dude that tried to coast to a W is unbelievable. He pushes his luck with Sheilds, loses a close decision and a title shot. He doesn't try to finish the fight with Diego, loses a close decision BUT gets a great bonus and recognition. Toss his ass to Nate Diaz already, gtfo Kampmann. I'm about ready to start a twitter account so Diego can RT me to Kampmann's bitch ass.

this just in, Diego's eyes are just now coming down from the swelling and is now able to read his twitter

Stringer_Bell
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
this just in, Diego's eyes are just now coming down from the swelling and is now able to read his twitter

Diego could see just fine after the fight. I started a twitter account over this shit and you would not believe how butthurt Kampmann fans are about the loss. I can take shit talking from anyone on this site, but sometimes what people tell me because I support Diego on Twitter hurts. :(

CubanSucks
04-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Diego could see just fine after the fight. I started a twitter account over this shit and you would not believe how butthurt Kampmann fans are about the loss. I can take shit talking from anyone on this site, but sometimes what people tell me because I support Diego on Twitter hurts. :(

I was just joking, of course he could see. Anyway, I don't give a shit about Kampmann but I just gotta go back to the arguments that everyone was saying after the fight. JUST LOOK AT THE DUDE! When you've been fucked up literally beyond recognition and the other guy never really got hurt, you lose. We're just going in circles by now but I can definitely understand the butthurt from any Kampmann fan