PDA

View Full Version : Perkins Out Two To Three Weeks With Sprained Left Knee

Koolaid_Man
02-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Perhaps sissy boy Ainge knew all along he's damaged goods....:lol

Perkins Out Two To Three Weeks With Sprained Left Knee

Feb 26, 2011 18:55 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Perkins_Kendrick_bos_090502.jpg

Kendrick Perkins will miss two-three weeks with a sprained left knee, Scott Brooks confirmed on Saturday.Perkins was acquired in a deadline trade on Thursday for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic. Before the trade, Boston announced Perkins was going to miss at least one week.

“I believe in our medical team,” Brooks said. “If they feel it’s two to three weeks then I’m comfortable with that. I just want to know when he comes back he’s ready to play at the level that he’s able to play at.”
Perkins could make his debut for Oklahoma City on March 18th when they begin a six-game home stand.

“I’m just going to listen to whatever the doctors tell me,” Perkins said. “I’ll just keep working, trying to get back as soon as possible. I’m just here for the long haul. As long as I can get me some good games in in the regular season, get a good push going into the playoffs, I think I’m going to be all right.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211532/Perkins_Out_Two_To_Three_Weeks_With_Sprained_Left_ Knee#ixzz1FAnQ9GNg

Kyle Orton
02-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Rofl this is the first semi-major mistake Presti has made as GM. He didn't let the Tyson trade go through when all he was giving was expiring contracts, now he has to give one of his team's core players for an injured center while Tyson is beasting. Imagine how good OKC would be with current day Big Daddy Tyson.

Donkeybong
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
they wont gel in time to do much in the playoffs

Giuseppe
02-27-2011, 11:04 AM
There was a story on the day of the trade that he was going to be out six weeks.

tlongII
02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Kendrick Perkins isn't that good anyway.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Ainge is a 2nd rate GM. Garnett was a gift from McHale and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a deal under the table leftover from the Ray Allen acquisition and OKC called them on it. OKC may not win this year, but they probably will before long. Boston however, is kaput.

sribb43
02-27-2011, 02:19 PM
2nd round matchups are set now.....

SAS/OKC
DAL*/LAL

* = Mavs choke job possible in 1st

j.dizzle
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Perkins is a great defender when healthy but its a lot easier looking good when you have KG helping you on D. He's regressed in the last 2 seasons though IMO. These knee injuries will make him even slower. His offensive game is pretty bad, he seems to always get blocked.