PDA

View Full Version : OMG Jeff Van Gundy is such an idiot!!!

Wilford Brimley
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
During pregame of the Thunder game he just said, "The Lakers are biding their time...they'll be the favorites in the West when the playoffs start."

Umm...HELLO!? Spurs are 48-10 and 9 games ahead of them.

JVG is just another spurs hater

TD21-FTW
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Who cares.

Texas_Ranger
02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Lools like everyone hates us. :(

jag
02-27-2011, 02:42 PM
See it's funny because retarded Spurs fans keep starting threads like this. That's what makes it funny

dbreiden83080
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Here is the problem with the Lakers.. Last few years minus HC VS with HC they really needed it to win the title. They lost to the Celts a few years ago minus the HC and last year in game 7 if that game is in Boston they likely lose. Kobe sucked in the game and he needed to be bailed out. He is not getting bailed out in Boston, no way.. So what is with this idea that the Lakers will beat everyone easily minus HC? They haven't done that last few years..

jag
02-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Here is the problem with the Lakers.. Last few years minus HC VS with HC they really needed it to win the title. They lost to the Celts a few years ago minus the HC and last year in game 7 if that game is in Boston they likely lose. Kobe sucked in the game and he needed to be bailed out. He is not getting bailed out in Boston, no way.. So what is with this idea that the Lakers will beat everyone easily minus HC? They haven't done that last few years..

why?

xmas1997
02-27-2011, 03:04 PM
That's a very BIG "if" if you ask me.

mytespurs
02-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Lakeshow has played in 3 championships thus far winning a b2b. They've three-peated once. They still have Phil, Kobe, Pau, Larm, their height, length. They're defending world champs! So it's understandable that no one will or should discount Lakers even though they're currently 3rd seed in West and struggled more often this year. When they're on they are one of the best, if not the best, team in the NBA.

I always felt that though Spurs have maintained a winning pace thus far, there are doubters out there. I like fact that Spurs are flying under the radar.
When and if they get to the championship round, I'm going to enjoy the backtracking from the "experts".

703 Spurz
02-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Tampon check!

Blackjack
02-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Wilford Brimley: Liberty Mutual spokesman and fisherman.

san antonio spurs
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I can't believe spurs fans are this stupid. So I believe these are mavs or lakers trolls posing as stupid spurs fans to make us look bad.

jjktkk
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Wilford Brimley: Liberty Mutual spokesman and fisherman.

And part time Spursfan?

Blackjack
02-27-2011, 03:58 PM
And part time Spursfan?

If it's cold enough . . .

ohmwrecker
02-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Eat yer oatmeal!

itzsoweezee
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
They're the defending champs. They deserve the benefit of the doubt. Plus, I'm sure the Lakers are favored to win the west by a majority of non-Spurs fans.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Yes, this is what everyone has been saying about the Lakers all year. Don't really see why this continues to be news. There's zero way for this to change until someone beats the Lakers. Nobody has managed to do it the last two years. The Spurs got that kind of respect from the analysts when they won titles, even when they didn't really deserve it.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
See it's funny because retarded Spurs fans keep starting threads like this. That's what makes it funny

...or people pretending to be Spurs fans.

Andrew Cunanan
02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
...or people pretending to be Spurs fans.

I think that's what he was alluding to.

DPG21920
02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
How do yall fall for this? Honestly.

dbestpro
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
JVG just wants to position himself for LA coaching consideration next year so he can be the first coach of a 20 year run where the Lakers miss the playoffs.

crc21209
02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
People shouldnt listen to JVG...dude never won anything...:lol

TE
02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
OP has a point. Obviously though a lot of you all can't see it and resort to saying a thread like this is stupid. Well shit, don't post in it if you think a thread is stupid. If you perceive for it to be stupid then don't post in at all, shit don't even read it.

Back to the point, JVG is just another one of those Spur-hating retards who has been hired to provide commentary during games, see my Jon Barry thread. Dude is still reeling from that 1999 NBA finals loss.

Even though the Lakers are the champs, how can one still proclaim them to be favorites after the way they've been playing this year? The Lakers armor has been penetrated. Their is a way to beat them and it has been done many of times this year. Giving them overwhelming odds to win the championship is a pure delusion.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
This thread is actually mocking the Jon Barry thread (and the many other threads like it -- such as the multiple Charles Barkley threads).

I'm not sure why Spurs fans are dying for so much validation from national commentators. In general, the rest of the country doesn't want to hear about a small market Spurs. So whether the Spurs are winning or losing, no one should ever expect them to get the attention/respect/whatever from the national media that the Lakers get.

Obstructed_View
02-27-2011, 06:25 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I've never heard ESPN talking down a top NFL team. If they tried to write off the Packers or the Steelers as "boring" and "old" while they had the best record in the league, I can't help thinking someone from the league office would be in contact in short order.

angelbelow
02-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Doesn't matter man. In fact, the Lakers are the champions, give them the benefit of the doubt. They should be fine for the playoffs, doesnt mean we arent the better the team this year.

Em-City
02-27-2011, 07:35 PM
u guys make way too many threads about what analysts say.... WHO CARES?!!!

stop spammin the forum with shit that has nothing to do with us

gtfo glory-hunting wannabe spurs fans

Em-City
02-27-2011, 07:39 PM
ok.. i just read the thread, and the jon barry thread (which i was previously avoiding)

lol.. triggeredexcellence, you are a retard.

Hoops Czar
02-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I can't believe spurs fans are this stupid. So I believe these are mavs or lakers trolls posing as stupid spurs fans to make us look bad.
If the shoe fits...