PDA

View Full Version : Splitter done for season? according to rotoworld

tdunk21
02-28-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1258/player?r=1

Tiago Splitter is done for the season with torn ligaments, according to the Spurs' TV crew.

dont know if this is legit or not

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 01:22 AM
No. Tommy Nunez, the ref in the game is done for the season with torn ligaments. Splitter was probably in a suit behind the bench nursing a hammy.

Libri
02-28-2011, 01:23 AM
:wow

Mel_13
02-28-2011, 01:27 AM
No. Tommy Nunez, the ref in the game is done for the season with torn ligaments. Splitter was probably in a suit behind the bench nursing a hammy.

He was sitting behind the bench and would get up and join team huddles during timeouts. He appeared to walk without a limp.

Solid D
02-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Bill Land announcing the Spurs/Grizzlies game made a confusing statement. He was talking about how Tony went down with a calf strain, Neal was still out with concussion-like symptoms, Splitter was still out (hamstring) and an official out for the season with torn ligaments. With those two things run together like that, it sounded like he was still talking about Splitter. He was actually referring to Tommy Nunez, Jr. as "an official", rather than Splitter's situation being "official".

Hemotivo
02-28-2011, 01:32 AM
exactly

tdunk21
02-28-2011, 01:32 AM
i dont see either jeff mcdonald or timothy varner reporting this....so there might be some confusion like solidD said

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 01:33 AM
He was sitting behind the bench and would get up and join team huddles during timeouts. He appeared to walk without a limp.

Oh, he must just stink it up in practice, then. :lol

ElNono
02-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Isn't Splitter technically speaking done for the season anyways? :lol

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 01:48 AM

He's doubtful for the rest of the season with "notasecondyearbigitis".

grjr
02-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Sure fooled me the first time I heard it.

JustinJDW
02-28-2011, 01:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uWF-2fO7Gf8/TOSjwVQuSEI/AAAAAAAAAtM/bHc0nJJzbAQ/s1600/GregOdenSWITCH.png

gospursgojas
02-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Bill Land announcing the Spurs/Grizzlies game made a confusing statement. He was talking about how Tony went down with a calf strain, Neal was still out with concussion-like symptoms, Splitter was still out (hamstring) and an official out for the season with torn ligaments. With those two things run together like that, it sounded like he was still talking about Splitter. He was actually referring to Tommy Nunez, Jr. as "an official", rather than Splitter's situation being "official".

Thread ends here

Solid D
02-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Exact quote from Bill Land at the end of the game during a timeout with 17.1 seconds remaining in the game (from my DVR of the game):

"On a night where Tony Parker exited with a calf injury. Gary Neal not able to go again because of the concussion symptoms that he's been suffering from. Tiago Splitter still sidelined, the official torn ligaments and done for the season and Tim Duncan tweaked an ankle. Team was up 20, blew the lead, came back. Why would you go anywhere else when the Spurs are home?"

Libri
02-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Exact quote from Bill Land at the end of the game during a timeout with 17.1 seconds remaining in the game (from my DVR of the game):

"On a night where Tony Parker exited with a calf injury. Gary Neal not able to go again because of the concussion symptoms that he's been suffering from. Tiago Splitter still sidelined, the official torn ligaments and done for the season and Tim Duncan tweaked an ankle. Team was up 20, blew the lead, came back. Why would you go anywhere else when the Spurs are home?"

I'm guessing this is the part that was miss interpreted. It made it seem like it was official news that Splitter was done.

tdunk21
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
can a mod close this thread.....looks like a rumor/confusion

DesignatedT
02-28-2011, 02:20 AM
He's doubtful for the rest of the season with "notasecondyearbigitis".

Isn't that what Gary Neal and James Anderson have? Oh wait.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Isn't that what Gary Neal and James Anderson have? Oh wait.

Yes, because they're bigs.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
can a mod close this thread.....looks like a rumor/confusion

There were people asking about it in the game thread, so it was apparently a confusing enough statement that folks will be coming in here to ask.

m33p0
02-28-2011, 04:36 AM
i wouldn't stick a fork on splitter yet. but have a plate ready just in case.

polandprzem
02-28-2011, 04:49 AM

:lol

good one

How I like language fixes mixes like that :)

Ocotillo
02-28-2011, 06:11 AM
In fact the TV crew said he is near returning. That comment was made toward the end of the game as they were commenting he was working with the coaching staff before the game.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Tiago injured a hamstring and is listed day-to-day. With the cushion we have and his incidental contribution at this point, the team is letting it heal properly, always advisable with hamstrings.

carina_gino20
02-28-2011, 07:38 AM
In fact the TV crew said he is near returning. That comment was made toward the end of the game as they were commenting he was working with the coaching staff before the game.

Returning to a DNP-CD, is he?

LongtimeSpursFan
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
i wouldn't stick a fork on splitter yet. but have a plate ready just in case.

I wouldnt either. Twice when Spurs have played Lakers Splitter did see some action on the court. Pop must realize that to beat the Lakers we need as much length as we can get.
Even Sean had made a comment when Tiago checked in for the Spurs in the first half against the lakers back in December "This is what I want to see" or something to that effect.
I think Tiago is an excellent counter against Gasol. I wouldnt doubt they have met each other plenty of time in international basketball.

DesignatedT
02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes, because they're bigs.

:lol you're just reaching now. First, Pop doesn't play rookies now Pop just doesn't play rookie bigs... gotcha.

EVAY
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Before the game he was in uniform and running up and down the court taking balls from coaches and finishing at the rim. He looked completely fine to me. So much so that I was stunned to see him come out of the locker room ina suit jacket.

With Tim having a tweaked ankle, I'd expect to see Splitter get some minutes in the next road trip.

EVAY
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Bonner and Dice are doing well enough, though, that Pop really doesn't have to feel like he needs Splitter.

EVAY
02-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Bonner had some good defensive positions last night, and some really awful ones, but I think you live with that from Bonner. In the first half he was fronting Zach Randolf really well. Don't know what happened to that in the second half.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
:lol you're just reaching now. First, Pop doesn't play rookies now Pop just doesn't play rookie bigs... gotcha.

Reaching? See my post. The word "big" is in there. Not my fault you can't read. Fabricio Oberto didn't play his rookie season. It's not that hard to figure out; I'm sorry you have such a problem with a joke. Click on the little X in the corner and go grow a sense of humor.

dbreiden83080
02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Injured or healthy Pop is never playing him this year..

crc21209
02-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Tiago's just nursing his sore vagina that's all...:lol

Josepatches_
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Sadly because he could have a nice role but it's what Pop wants.

Agloco
02-28-2011, 05:56 PM

This. Bill Land is the sole source of all of this confusion.