PDA

View Full Version : Mavs would be 55-4...

MavFan6488
02-28-2011, 05:54 AM
with the spurs' schedule.. seriously, san antonio is so lucky this year with injuries and their easy schedule it's not even funny. another TOUGH home win against memphis. congratz. we've been battling injuries all year and if dirk and butler hadn't got hurt, we would be right on their heels despite one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedule in the league. 49-10 sounds impressive, but to me the mavs had the far more impressive season so far.

Technique
02-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Fitting for a Mav fan to make a thread about regular season wins.

Mavfan: Regular season trophy > NBA championship

Venti Quattro
02-28-2011, 06:03 AM
That's stretching too much. But if they have not hit the injury bug, they could have been something like of the Spurs record, or 50-9.

Dallas is really playing that well this season.

UnWantedTheory
02-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Ifs & buts

UnWantedTheory
02-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Candy & nuts.

8FOR!3
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
LOL. The Mavs. I'll take our tough wins over your tough losses every day.

MavDynasty
02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Fail troll thread :td

ChuckD
02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Typical coulda, shoulda, woulda Mav fan BS. Aside from each other, the Spurs and Mavs play materially the same schedule. Beat who's on your schedule that night.

benefactor
02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Shut up you stupid bitch.

Budkin
02-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Boo fucking hoo.

Rummpd
02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Mavs have a 3.88 point differential the absolute mark of an over-achieving team even with Dirk's and Caron injuries - the supposed depth of the Mavs is simply not there.

Congrats on your regular season success and the Mavs are about what their record is a very good but not great team.

Phillip
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
:tu

spurfans trolled again, even over a pretty lame troll thread like this. too easy.

BlackSwordsMan
02-28-2011, 09:15 AM
:madrun:madrun:madrun

Cry Havoc
02-28-2011, 09:29 AM
:tu

spurfans trolled again, even over a pretty lame troll thread like this. too easy.

*creates a troll thread*

*2 of the 60+ Mav fans on ST respond to the trolling.*

"LOL I TROLLED ALL MAVZ FANZ LOL SO EASY"

BlackSwordsMan
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
HOHOHOHO You big city folk and all that logic be dangerous round here.

bongraider
02-28-2011, 09:44 AM
if your dad had masturbated the batch of sperm that impregnated your mother you wouldnt be here

lefty
02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Mavs would be 55-4 if they played the Raptors more often

Venti Quattro
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Mavs would be 55-4 if they played the Raptors more often

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

ManuBalboa
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Mavs gonna knock out L.A. for us, just like the Warriors knocked out the Mavs circa '07. No Perkins in the finals. thingsaregoingbetterthanexpected.jpeg

Jupiter's Cock smiles down upon the House of Batiatus.

Phillip
02-28-2011, 10:54 AM
:cry :cry :cry

WeNeedLength
02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I love how someone of the same team as the OP says everyone who responds to this thread is getting trolled because the OP is so fucking dumb that that was clearly his intent. Got damn, dumb mofos running rampant around here, including you Phillip. Pick it up...:lmao

Nick Manning
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I love how someone of the same team as the OP says everyone who responds to this thread is getting trolled because the OP is so fucking dumb that that was clearly his intent. Got damn, dumb mofos running rampant around here, including you Phillip. Pick it up...:lmao

When someone says their team should be 55-4, it's clearly their intent to troll.

You got trolled. Accept it.

hater
02-28-2011, 11:46 AM
but would they get out of the 1st round this time?

buttsR4rebounding
02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
with the spurs' schedule.. seriously, san antonio is so lucky this year with injuries and their easy schedule it's not even funny. another TOUGH home win against memphis. congratz. we've been battling injuries all year and if dirk and butler hadn't got hurt, we would be right on their heels despite one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedule in the league. 49-10 sounds impressive, but to me the mavs had the far more impressive season so far.

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

There is a reason the Mavs are ranked 7th in the league by Hollinger. They are playing very good ball. I hope like hell they knock the Lakers out in round 2, but I doubt it. The enevitability of this season is Spurs and Lakers in the WCF...

TampaDude
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Lakers suck. One and done. :lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Why do Spurs fans think they are better than Dallas?

Brazil
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM

cauz they are ?

buttsR4rebounding
02-28-2011, 01:51 PM

As soon as the Mavs actually win something feel free to come back...

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Still waiting to hear an actual valid argument as to why Spurs
fans think the Spurs are better

Brazil
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Still waiting to hear an actual valid argument as to why Spurs
fans think the Spurs are better

what is your actual valid argument to say otherwise?

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
just a moment....

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Couldn't find the earlier post I made that pretty much summed up my thoughts.
Really don't want to type it all again, but it went along the lines
of Spurs haven't beaten the Mavs once this year when Mavs were at full strength. Mavs won handily the one time both were healthy.
The Mavs frontline is far better than SA, non homers can see this. Give me the Mavs D over the Spurs , Spurs reliance on the 3 ball shot will be the downfall imho.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
As I have stated over and over on this board I have mad respect for the Spurs,
but I really feel like the Mavs are better. Nothing personal Spurs fan

TE
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
:sleep

Budkin
02-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Someone lock this thread please.

Bill_Brasky
02-28-2011, 04:04 PM
of Spurs haven't beaten the Mavs once this year when Mavs were at full strength. Mavs won handily the one time both were healthy.
The Mavs frontline is far better than SA, non homers can see this. Give me the Mavs D over the Spurs , Spurs reliance on the 3 ball shot will be the downfall imho.

Spurs lead for 3 and a half quarters and ended up losing to the Mavs by 9. Good job "winning handily".

Spurs don't rely on the 3 ball.

Tim > Dirk
Parker > Kidd
Blair > Chandler
Neal > Roddy

etc.

# 1 Troll
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Spurs lead for 3 and a half quarters and ended up losing to the Mavs by 9. Good job "winning handily".

Tim > Dirk
Parker > Kidd
Blair > Chandler
Neal > Roddy

etc.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

# 1 Troll
02-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Someone lock this thread please.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

mad becuz spuds fans can't accept the truf

Spur_Fanatic
02-28-2011, 04:40 PM
It all summarizes to...

Parker > Kidd
Manu > Terry (and Mavs, as we are into it)

Sure, Dirk will kill us. But the rest of the Mavs are all chokers.
Every.. single... one... of... them.

George Gervin's Afro
02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
well the spurs should be 59-0 but they lost 10 games..

Juan
02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
The DALLAS MAVERICKS would be close to undefeated if JJ Barea started all the games. He is better at passing then JKIDD. watch the games puta!!

pookenstein
02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Mavs would be 55-4...

...if they had won 12 more games and lost 12 less after 59 games played.

dav4463
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Mavs would be 59-0, but the referees screwed us in all our losses.

sincerely,
Mark Cuban MFFL

Phillip
02-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Spurs werent really leading by much, but it was pretty clear that in the 4th, when the Mavs stepped up their game, the Spurs were unable to match it. It was only 1 game, and a lot has changed by then, but if you had to make an observation on how these teams matched up by that game alone, it would appear that a motivated Mavericks team was most definitely superior to a motivated Spurs team. The Spurs simply had no answer for the Mavs offense, nor could they score on their defense. But again, its a small sample, and not really worth the time to over-analyze.

They may not rely entirely on it, but it definitely is a very big part of their game. Then again, the 3 ball is a pretty big part of the Mavs offensive game as well, in order to provide space for Dirk to work inside.

Tim > Dirk
Parker > Kidd
Blair > Chandler
Neal > Roddy

etc.

Shaq > Wallace
Malone > Wallace
Kobe > Hamilton
Payton > Billups
Phil Jackson > Larry Brown

funny how that worked out, eh?

mavsfan1000
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
The DALLAS MAVERICKS would be close to undefeated if JJ Barea started all the games. He is better at passing then JKIDD. watch the games puta!!
He's also a severe liability on defense. I think Parker would destroy him again. Beaubois is the only one I think that can stay in front of Parker like Harris used to do.

SourCandy
02-28-2011, 05:39 PM
As I have stated over and over on this board I have mad respect for the Spurs,
but I really feel like the Mavs are better. Nothing personal Spurs fan

I thought you were a lakers fan above any team.

Juan
02-28-2011, 05:40 PM
He's also a severe liability on defense. I think Parker would destroy him again. Beaubois is the only one I think that can stay in front of Parker like Harris used to do.

You HAVE to be pulling my chain penedejo!!! Estas Loco mi amigo?!?!?!? J J Barea is the quickest PG in the entire LEAGUE my friend. He blows right by everyone and is top 3 passer in the league and top 3 3 pt shooter in the league. LOOK AT THE STATS.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
The Cowboys should change their name to the Dallas Ifs and the Mavs can be the Dallas Buts.

Axe Murderer
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
It all summarizes to...

Parker > Kidd
Manu > Terry (and Mavs, as we are into it)

Sure, Dirk will kill us. But the rest of the Mavs are all chokers.
Every.. single... one... of... them.

tbh you should be practicing your full court alley oops with your gay anime friends imho

The 4cc Dictionary
02-28-2011, 06:27 PM
The Cowboys should change their name to the Dallas Ifs and the Mavs can be the Dallas Buts.

ha! rememba det time you made det joke about Ranger fans throwing a parade after game 2?

Det was funny because the mavs did the same thing in 06. keep bringin the lolz

Agloco
02-28-2011, 07:50 PM

So you're basing your argument on one early season head to head matchup and your opinion about frontline vs frontline. Got it.

SA is #7 in defensive efficiency vs dallas which is #12 :lol

cobbler
02-28-2011, 07:59 PM

You cant really put them together like that. The Cowboys have actually won.

cobbler
02-28-2011, 08:03 PM
So you're basing your argument on one early season head to head matchup and your opinion about frontline vs frontline. Got it.

SA is #7 in defensive efficiency vs dallas which is #12 :lol

So you guys ask for him to give his reasons why he thinks the Mavs are better than the Spurs and he did. Head to head matchup and frontliine vs frontline between the two teams in question most definetly has more validity than a defensive eff rating based across the whole league.

Playoffs are about match-ups.

Agloco
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
So you guys ask for him to give his reasons why he thinks the Mavs are better than the Spurs and he did. Head to head matchup and frontliine vs frontline between the two teams in question most definetly has more validity than a defensive eff rating based across the whole league.

Playoffs are about match-ups.

Good for him, and for you for that matter. I suppose now you'll espouse the virtues of being defending champs and how that gives you a pass on your shitty play of late?

So, come again on the the validity of an early season head to head matchup coupled with a no less than 100% biased view of whose frontcourt is better? He needs some facts, not just an opinion.

Brazil
03-01-2011, 08:27 AM

The mavs frontline is better but I wouldn't say far better. In POs Tim will step up his game as always, he is still an elite shot blocker and one of the best defender in the league. An element to add here is that you will see a lot more of Dice, when focused he is still a beast and a very good low post defender. As far as D is concerned I consider it's a toss up. Regarding the Offense no doubt mavs has the edge with Dirk mvp candidate Nowit.

rebounding will be key and if Blair can focus on that we are in position to not give up the reb battle.

Now for all the rest spurs are better IMO: TP+Manu+Hill+Neal will eat everything the mavs will throw to them. Of course Neal is a question mark idk how he will respond in POs situation nevertheless we know for sure that Hill loves to play against the mavs. Marion on paper can be a force during this serie but Marion good bb and the spurs are like water and oil.

Peja is a good addition offensively and spurs have a lot of difficulties to defend the 3s. Nevertheless Peja is doing little of the other stuff like rebounding and defending. All in all if we have to loose because of Peja 3s I'm ready to take the risk.

X-factor could be Roddy but I think he is overhyped a little tbh, he played a great serie last year with limited minutes but it's different to spark the team for few minutes and to play meaningful minutes in a PO serie. I'm curious to see if Neal could slow him down a little, Hill is not capable to defend this kind of player tbh.

Conclusion IMO the spurs are the better team nothing personnal #41

edit: conclusion added

kidd_91
03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Spurs werent really leading by much, but it was pretty clear that in the 4th, when the Mavs stepped up their game, the Spurs were unable to match it. It was only 1 game, and a lot has changed by then, but if you had to make an observation on how these teams matched up by that game alone, it would appear that a motivated Mavericks team was most definitely superior to a motivated Spurs team. The Spurs simply had no answer for the Mavs offense, nor could they score on their defense. But again, its a small sample, and not really worth the time to over-analyze.
and that is the Mavs problem, they treat regular season games like playoffs games. When they get in the playoffs they don't have an extra gear to step up too.

cheguevara
03-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Mavs w/out Butler >>> Lakers

Rummpd
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
The Mavs are a very fine team but history has shown that push comes to shove something is missing, maybe they will get over the top one year but until they are the Kings lite; they also have been scraping by with many close wins this year and honestly a team that has to rely on a zone is a team that can be beat especially by a team with great shooters like the Spurs.

Phillip
03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
and that is the Mavs problem, they treat regular season games like playoffs games. When they get in the playoffs they don't have an extra gear to step up too.

Obviously you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. I don't think they have treated any regular season game like a playoff game since the 06-07 season. If anything, they fuck around too much during the regular season and it has cost them 4-5 wins a year every season since then. This is the first year they seem to actually have somewhat of a balance between an urgency to win games during the regular season to get good seeding, but not overexerting themselves. Dirk is only playing like 33-34 mins a game which is his lowest average since his rookie season.

Axe Murderer
03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
they also have been scraping by with many close wins this year

tbh, ppl have been saying that for years now and i think i figured out why.

It seems as if they'll be blowing out a garbage team and then let them hang around and barely win by 3. I mean technically it's a close game, but as a Mavs fan, I'm never really worried about the outcome.

Also, being a veteran team, they know how to close teams out