PDA

View Full Version : Why do people take Bill Simmons seriously?

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
This guy is the king of revising history just to promote his own personal agenda. He's been a Nash knob slobber for years now, so of course in the trade deadline article he had to make up a blatant lie about the 2010 WCF to martyr Steve Nash as much as he possibly could.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110225/part1&sportCat=nba

He'd either be crying because of the emotion of the moment, or because it just dawned on him that Phoenix came within a botched boxout of Game 7 of the 2010 conference finals and then immediately gutted that team.

That missed boxout was game 5, the series didn't even go 7 games. Why does this guy still have a job?

John Basedow
02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
This guy is the king of revising history just to promote his own personal agenda. He's been a Nash knob slobber for years now, so of course in the trade deadline article he had to make up a blatant lie about the 2010 WCF to martyr Steve Nash as much as he possibly could.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110225/part1&sportCat=nba

That missed boxout was game 5, the series didn't even go 7 games. Why does this guy still have a job?

Because massholes love to ingest his phallic chum

LnGrrrR
02-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Because massholes love to ingest his phallic chum

Pretty much. I don't read Bill Simmons for in-depth analysis. I just read him because he's funny, he reminds of talking something over with your friends (who occasionally get stats wrong), and because he is from Boston and so knows the Boston fan.

That he even has a national following surprises me.

Xylus
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM

If the Suns won Game 5, then they would have at least forced a Game 7, as they would have gone up 3-2 in the series. That's what he meant by that.

Phillip
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM

On the contrary, you hate on Nash for the sake of hating on him, and give no legitimate reason as to why you hate on him.

He was clearly saying that they were a botched boxout from the series being able to go 7. If he said "...within a botched boxout of winning game 7 of the 2010 conference finals..." or "...within a botched boxout in game 7 of the 2010 conference finals..." then he would be incorrect.

Cue in the "lol homer mavfan lol peja lol roddy lol 1st round flameout lol pretender" replies.

ginobili's bald spot
02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
He will deliberately lie in order to back up one of his crack pot theories. I remember seeing another blatant lie in his last article. I'm going to see if i can find it now.

IronMexican
02-28-2011, 04:06 PM
If the Suns won Game 5, then they would have at least forced a Game 7, as they would have gone up 3-2 in the series. That's what he meant by that.

They were a botched box out from going to overtime.

lefty
02-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Simmons does suck

But his articles are funny though

Xylus
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
They were a botched box out from going to overtime.

That's true, but the Suns had the momentum going into the overtime.

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 04:18 PM
On the contrary, you hate on Nash for the sake of hating on him, and give no legitimate reason as to why you hate on him.

I'm not hating on Nash, I'm hating on Bill Simmons. You have blind faith in the Mavs when you have no legitimate reason to have blind faith in them.

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 04:19 PM
So if J-Rich boxed Artest out that would have guaranteed a game 7? News to me.

ElNono
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Simmons is an entertainer... nothing more, nothing less, imo.

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 04:20 PM
There's also this historic case of premature ejaculation about the best team that ever lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070117

TinTin
02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
There's also this historic case of premature ejaculation about the best team that ever lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070117

:wow:lmao

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2011, 04:28 PM

lol lern 2 english knobjockey

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
It was an extremely poorly worded sentence. I can guarantee Simmons wanted readers who didn't remember to think that that series went 7 games.

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
don't like it? don't fucking read it then.

Phillip
02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not hating on Nash, I'm hating on Bill Simmons. You have blind faith in the Mavs when you have no legitimate reason to have blind faith in them.

lol predictable

lol wanting to reply that it was predictable that i would consider your post predictable, therefore you would reply that you were posting that just to bait me into it, motherfuckin lefty style

JMarkJohns
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I think he meant that the missed box-out cost Phoenix a chance at a game seven (if necessary) in the series. They win game five in LA, head home up 3-2, but with a guarantee of a game seven.

Sometimes he's too cutesy for his own good.

Kyle Orton
02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
lol predictable

lol wanting to reply that it was predictable that i would consider your post predictable, therefore you would reply that you were posting that just to bait me into it, motherfuckin lefty style

lol accusing me of lefty style when you're the king of saying really retarded stuff (lol Titans 19-0 with Vince "Whottt" Young at QB) and then saying "I was only joking :cry"

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
02-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Simmons lives in LA and is supposed to be a Clippers season ticket holder. Simmons haters and Lakers fans will enjoy this clip of a Lakers fan taunting him before and after the game.

lgoV5u2WWJs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoV5u2WWJs)

Pelicans78
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Not sure why Nash would be upset. Suns are doing fine right now :greedy

Smooth Criminal
02-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I love reading Bill Simmons. the man is funny

Agloco
02-28-2011, 08:14 PM
He'd either be crying because of the emotion of the moment, or because it just dawned on him that Phoenix came within a botched boxout of Game 7 of the 2010 conference finals and then immediately gutted that team.

Someone failed Eng-wrish as a kid........

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I want NBC to give Baron a show called "Bizarro Biggest Loser," since he's probably going to gain 10 pounds a week over the next three months. If you were going to create a "How Fast Can Person X Balloon?" scale, Baron getting shipped to a hopeless lottery team to play for a coach he feuded with in New Orleans has to rank up there with DeNiro playing Jake LaMotta and any woman in her mid-40s who just found out she was pregnant with in vitro twins. We're 48 hours away from Baron firing his personal chef and replacing him with Jack from Jack in the Box.

how is that not funny? kyle orton lacks a sense of humour, along with english skills.

JJ Hickson
02-28-2011, 08:29 PM
how is that not funny? kyle orton lacks a sense of humour, along with english skills.

Is it hard to type with Simmons cock in your mouth?

Flo-Rida
02-28-2011, 08:33 PM

Why you on my page ? what are you some sort of faggot ?

rayjayjohnson
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM

no, but the neurosyphillis i caught from your whore mother makes it tough

ghghgodfjkhghjkdfskhjf