PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Jerod Ford

InTheCrust
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84397125.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54895396F83D936428D B9292E34A87E5050335AB42E650E9F92E30A760B0D811297
Now that the stretch run is looking eerily similar to last season's Parkerless Spring, we now have to look at our options on how to maintain a competetive edge without overexerting Tim and Manu. TJ Ford is a Texas kid, he's cheap, and will probably be bought out soon by the Pacers. Hopefully the front office are working the phone like crazy so Indy can buy him out by tommorow.

It's not the apocalypse yet Spur fans, we preach and preach about our depth but lose faith when we are tested. We lost TP when we needed him the most, and we still went on a tear. We have some room to operate with, being this 49-10 cushion. I am aware how serious losing Tony is, but I'm not panicking like a Laker fan on a 3 game skid. George Hill, I'm lookin' at you. :toast

Agloco
02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Awww hell.....

Someone get PhilaChamberlain on the horn please.

Holla at your boy!!!

yavozerb
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Not even bought out yet..put this thread on hold

TE
Hopefully either Ford, Brewer, or Butler will be acquired meanwhile Parker gets back into the rotation. We can't overplay Manu and Tim like we did last year. If the FO doesn't see this then they should literally be run out of San Antonio. This type of thing can't happen three years in a row.

Em-City
Do we need to wait 30 days or something??

if not, YES PLEASE!

tdunk21
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Do we need to wait 30 days or something??

if not, YES PLEASE!

no we dont have to....a player who is waived has to wait 30 days to rejoin the team that waied him...he can sign with the rest asap....

rjv
02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
ford has nice assist numbers, is about a 41 % career FG shooter and can get to the basket so he would be a nice fill in for a while. his 3 point shooting is not very good at all though.

Em-City
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
ford has nice assist numbers, is about a 41 % career FG shooter and can get to the basket so he would be a nice fill in for a while. his 3 point shooting is not very good at all though.

neither is Tony's

Agloco
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM

That's not what we'd need him for. If TJ Ford is spotting up for threes during important stretches of the game, somethings gone horribly wrong.

rjv
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
That's not what we'd need him for. If TJ Ford is spotting up for threes during important stretches of the game, somethings gone horribly wrong.

agreed. really, i like him more than bibby in that bibby can not get to the basket the way that ford can and that is what we need in the absence of tony. i was just stating that he will not give you what bibby can in regards to the 3 pointer but we have enough to do that.

really though, the way neal played against the thunder may make me want to favor brewer in the end.

8FOR!3
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Big TJ Ford fan and I'd be happy to see him on the Spurs after getting underutilized in Indiana for so long. But can we really give this guy the minutes he deserves? If we don't play G-Hill at PG that gives him SG minutes on top of Ginobili, leaving very few for Neal.

8FOR!3
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
oh shit parker's out 2-4 weeks? nvm

cd98
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Ford needs a Texas reunion.

coyotes_geek
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Even with Parker hurt, Corey Brewer has to be the priority.

cd98
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Ford won't come to Texas. Brewer is the gem of the waiver wire. If we can't get him, I'd probably prefer Ford as insurance over any of the other options. Remember, after Hill is Chris Quinn. That should make everybody sick if Parker's absence is longer than expected.

phxspurfan
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
We lost TP when we needed him the most, and we still went on a tear.

pun!

rjv
02-28-2011, 06:29 PM

i agree. neal has shown he can play the PG fairly well in spots

cd98
02-28-2011, 06:42 PM

Yikes. He's a great shooter. I'm not too confident in his ball handling skills. He's good when he has to make a move in half court, but ball handling is not his strong point.

Of course Manu practically played point guard last year.

Spurs Brazil
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Mike Wells: Pacers and T.J. Ford still trying to work out a buyout. Ford wants to know a team will sign him before agreeing to the buyout. about 3 hours ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html#ixzz1FIo5yKqv

itzsoweezee
02-28-2011, 10:13 PM
i'd take him over bibby.

tmtcsc
02-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Off topic, but remember how good a college player Terence Rencher was for the Longhorns ?

ploto
02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry, but as much as I like TJ personally, he is not the man for the Spurs. He has never been the same since the injury in Atlanta.

GabeIsGone
02-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Sorry, but as much as I like TJ personally, he is not the man for the Spurs. He has never been the same since the injury in Atlanta.

He cant be worse than chris quinn.

MaNu4Tres
02-28-2011, 11:13 PM

This.

With Parker out, Spurs will be fine giving Parker's minutes to Hill, Neal and Anderson collectively (and Brewer if he signs here).

IMO-Hill will start and Manu will sub out early (6:30-7 minute mark) for Neal (whenever his concussion subsides; which is soon hopefully). Then at the 1:30-2 minute mark, Manu will sub back in for Hill and run back up point. IMO

Anderson or Brewer would then see all of the minutes at back up 3. ( Subbing for Jefferson at the 2:30 minute mark in the 1st/3rd quarter and staying in til the 7-8 minute mark in the 2nd/4th quarter)

If Spurs sign Ford, that will only take minutes away from Neal and Anderson (and/or Brewer). IMO Spurs need to give Neal, Anderson (or Brewer) as much playing time as possible while Parker is out. It's vital for these rotational wings to keep progressing in all phases as the playoffs are around the corner. Attaining or signing Ford will not only take their minutes, but also stunt the progression of these players at a very important time (late in the year).

All in all, you have to think about the situation when Parker comes back. If Spurs sign Ford and Spurs give him quality minutes while Parker is out, then Spurs will sacrifice the progression of the wings off the bench by Ford taking away a good amount of their minutes (because Hill would play most of his minutes at the 2-- taking away a good amount of Neal's minutes at the 2-- which leads to Neal consequently taking quality minutes from Anderson/Brewer at the 3 (which leads to an undersized situation;since Neal is ahead of both on the wing depth chart)-- Spurs need to find out if Anderson or Brewer is ready to contribute this year in the playoffs-- signing Ford only takes away that opportunity). Spurs not only need size at the wing for defensive purposes but they also need to get Neal, Anderson(Brewer) ready for the playoffs (playing time is the only prescription for that; and with Parker being out for 4 weeks-- This is the perfect opportunity to get their confidence and rhythm firing on all cylinders.

Blackjack
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
This.

With Parker out, Spurs will be fine giving Parker's minutes to Hill, Neal and Anderson collectively (and Brewer if he signs here).

IMO-Hill will start and Manu will sub out early (6:30-7 minute mark) for Neal (whenever his concussion subsides; which is soon hopefully). Then at the 1:30-2 minute mark, Manu will sub back in for Hill and run back up point. IMO

Anderson or Brewer would then see all of the minutes at back up 3. ( Subbing for Jefferson at the 2:30 minute mark in the 1st/3rd quarter and staying in til the 7-8 minute mark in the 2nd/4th quarter)

If Spurs sign Ford, that will only take minutes away from Neal and Anderson (and/or Brewer). IMO Spurs need to give Neal, Anderson (or Brewer) as much playing time as possible while Parker is out. It's vital for these rotational wings to keep progressing in all phases as the playoffs are around the corner. Attaining or signing Ford will not only take their minutes, but also stunt the progression of these players at a very important time (late in the year).

All in all, you have to think about the situation when Parker comes back. If Spurs sign Ford and Spurs give him quality minutes while Parker is out, then Spurs will sacrifice the progression of the wings off the bench by Ford taking away a good amount of their minutes (because Hill would play most of his minutes at the 2-- taking away a good amount of Neal's minutes at the 2-- which leads to Neal consequently taking quality minutes from Anderson/Brewer at the 3 (which leads to an undersized situation;since Neal is ahead of both on the wing depth chart)-- Spurs need to find out if Anderson or Brewer is ready to contribute this year in the playoffs-- signing Ford only takes away that opportunity). Spurs not only need size at the wing for defensive purposes but they also need to get Neal, Anderson(Brewer) ready for the playoffs (playing time is the only prescription for that; and with Parker being out for 4 weeks-- This is the perfect opportunity to get their confidence and rhythm firing on all cylinders.

QFT;TGGAC

Drunkin' Dribbler FTW

ploto
03-01-2011, 01:47 AM
He cant be worse than chris quinn.

He has no interest in a Chris Quinn role.

cutewizard
03-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Lets hope and pray

we get someone

Darkwaters
03-01-2011, 07:18 AM
This.

I definitely think Chris Quinn becomes a part of the rotation with Parker out. 5-10 minutes a night is probably all, but we're going to see a steady diet of him him outside of garbage minutes. I mean, the whole reason for having Quinn is so if one of either Parker or Hill goes down then Quinn can carry some of the load. Why else would we have him?

buttsR4rebounding
03-01-2011, 07:56 AM

+1...Hill will come through. We can survive with Quinn playing 5-10 minutes a game. Manu can handle the point some as can Neal. Hopefully Parker can come back with 5 or 6 games left to get back in shape some. If his calf heals it could mean fresh legs for him during the playoffs.

MaNu4Tres
03-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Drunkin' Dribbler

WTF :lol

arodz
03-01-2011, 01:29 PM

My God people, have we learned nothing from the Roger Mason debacle?

Blackjack
03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
WTF :lol

Always loved that nickname for him, mostly because once you hear it and then watch him dribble out in transition, you start looking to see if he's equipped with a cup holder.

I think Joakim dubbed him that at Florida. One of his teammates did. That's where it originates. :drunk

kaji157
03-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I tink Ford is for sure the best replacement we can get for Parker.
But i doubt he wants to come in as an insurance PG, same as Bibby.
If he wantīs to, Hill should probably play only SG (donīt care, he sucks at PG) and give Ford minutes even when TP is back.

Mel_13
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
He hasn't been bought out yet and time is running out.

Obstructed_View
03-01-2011, 04:17 PM

As one of the people who really thought Neal was going to be a flop, I've had enough Koolaid that I think he's a better option to be handling the ball than Hill, and I think he'll do fine. Neal has a good midrange game, he can go to the hoop, and he's been in situations where he's the focal point of the offense. I know I just described Hill as well. :)

I think the Spurs start Hill and Manu, and Neal will handle the ball when Manu's not in.

Mel_13
03-01-2011, 04:19 PM

We learned that Roger Mason could not handle the backup PG role.

ace3g
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Agent Bob Myers tells Y! that clients T.J. Ford (Pacers) and Jason Kapono (Sixers) are "both unlikely to be bought out." Midnight deadline.

Shifty
03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Agent negotiating?

Shifty
03-01-2011, 04:30 PM
IraHeatBeat (http://twitter.com/#%21/IraHeatBeat) Ira Winderman por JMcDonald_SAEN

All might not be as grim as it appears for Carlos Arroyo, with a possible lifeline being extended by Spurs in the wake of Parker's injury.

Man In Black
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Carlos Arroyo? Can he channel the savvy he had when he played for Team Puerto Rico?
That's the Carlos that's needed. Not the one that pouts and plays unsure.

Mel_13
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Carlos Arroyo? Can he channel the savvy he had when he played for Team Puerto Rico?
That's the Carlos that's needed. Not the one that pouts and plays unsure.

JJB stopper.

MaNu4Tres
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN Jeff McDonald
Pop said this morning Tony Parker's injury wouldn't affect Spurs' approach to buyout candidates/other free agents.

As it shouldn't.

Mel_13
03-01-2011, 06:19 PM
TJ Ford said he's "99 percent sure" that he'll still be a Pacer at 12:01 a.m. in a few hours.

http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/42724646864437248

cutewizard
03-02-2011, 12:01 AM
weaknesses, weaknesses shown today

cutewizard
and the front office,?

what are they doing anyway?

cutewizard
if we dont get additional personnel, the season is done for us

cutewizard