PDA

View Full Version : Any doubts who the best player on this team is?

smeagol
06-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I thought so.

Number 21, the MVP.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2005, 10:50 PM
He Who Shall Not Be Named.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 10:50 PM
For All The Tim Bashers Out There!! Tim Rocks!!

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
We all knew that much. But thanx for reminding us.

atlfan25
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
He Who Shall Not Be Named.
he doesn't need to be named, his greatness speaks for itself

Slo spurs fan
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Beno?

atlfan25
06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
i was thinkin it was rasho

WalterBenitez
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Rasho?

WalterBenitez
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Rasho?

Just a joke, the best is Timmmmmmmmmm :king

boutons
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Fantastic game by Tim, really championship ball.

Sense
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
For All The Tim Bashers Out There!! Tim Rocks!!

You are telling who this on Spurs' forums?

I don't think Tim Bashers exist.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 11:23 PM
You are telling who this on Spurs' forums?

I don't think Tim Bashers exist.
You'd be surprised!

nkdlunch
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
duh

Medvedenko
06-02-2005, 09:02 AM
I believe Amare actually played better than Tim....but that's my assessment. Amare with some experience in the playoffs will be scary in the next 2-5 years.

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
I believe Amare actually played better than Tim....but that's my assessment. Amare with some experience in the playoffs will be scary in the next 2-5 years.

Thats the EXACT word Tim used in the postgame interview...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh please, T-Mass was the X-factor this series. You think it was a coincidence that he got his first minutes and that the Spurs closed this series out?

SpursChampsIII
06-02-2005, 09:15 AM
all the fags that think tim isnt the go to guy or the mvp or the best player on this team need to show their faces or take off their spur jerseys

Most of the time Tim IS the go-to guy, but not always. It depends on the defense...when Manu is having one of his nights, he is the go-to guy.

TwoHandJam
06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Amare will be scary in the next 2-5 years but I don't think he outplayed Tim. Amare just doesn't make his teammates better the way Tim does. He needs to get better defensively and learn how to be a better passer for starters.

ShoogarBear
06-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Amare is younger and more athletic and probably stronger than Tim, but he still expends way too much proportionally on the offensive than the defensive end.

When he learns to appropriately ration his energy to both ends of the court, well, then, he'll be almost as good as a young David Robinson.

Which only goes to underscore how incredibly mature and well-rounded DRob was from the jump.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I saw Tim Duncan teams get swept in his MVP years. Don't under estimate the other players. Nevertheless, without Tim Spurs go nowhere, but the same could be said for a couple of other players on the team too.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Yea Amare did a lot on the offensive end, but he did not make everyone on his team better. He did not alter that many shots at the rim , and he was not a rebounding force. He showed moments where he was doing it all, the block at the end of game 4 for example. But all in all he has a lot of growing left to do. He must learn to play a complete game.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I saw Tim Duncan teams get swept in his MVP years. Don't under estimate the other players. Nevertheless, without Tim Spurs go nowhere, but the same could be said for a couple of other players on the team too.

No one is under estimating the other players, we are just pointing out that Tiim is still the man on this team. He has not become a roll player. he only got swept one year against the lakers when Derek Anderson was taken out of the playoffs by Juwan Howard. he did not get swept in both of his MVP years.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
No one is under estimating the other players, we are just pointing out that Tiim is still the man on this team. He has not become a roll player. he only got swept one year against the lakers when Derek Anderson was taken out of the playoffs by Juwan Howard. he did not get swept in both of his MVP years.
spurs were 1-8 against the lakers during that stretch. Don't make excuses about Derek Anderson either, leave the excuses to Dallas, Seattle, and maybe Phoenix fan.

Tim is great and nobody is doubting that, but my opinion stands without OBiWan and Tony Parker spurs would have never gotten over the laker hurdle and never would have gotten this far in the playoffs.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
spurs were 1-8 against the lakers during that stretch. Don't make excuses about Derek Anderson either, leave the excuses to Dallas, Seattle, and maybe Phoenix fan.

Tim is great and nobody is doubting that, but my opinion stands without OBiWan and Tony Parker spurs would have never gotten over the laker hurdle and never would have gotten this far in the playoffs.

You can look at it another way as well. Only the Lakers can beat Tim Duncan. :D

kskonn
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM

are you fogetting 99 or are you just leaving that out on purpose. They swept the lakers that year.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
are you fogetting 99 or are you just leaving that out on purpose. They swept the spurs that year.
What's your point?

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 10:49 AM
You can look at it another way as well. Only the Lakers can beat Tim Duncan. :D how about not having Manu on the team. Spurs get bounced by Denver.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
sorry 2centswork I meant to say that in 99 the spurs swept the lakers.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 10:58 AM
sorry 2centswork I meant to say that in 99 the spurs swept the lakers.
Lakers weren't much of a hurdle in 99. Kobe didn't really come into his own until '01. Then the Lakers became a huge hurdle, but once the spurs added the athleticism of Manu and Parker they were able to beat the lakers again.

Without Manu and Tony as great as Tim is the spurs don't get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Now without Tim I'm not sure the spurs make the playoffs.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm really not sure what your point is, 2centsworth.

Yes, the Spurs need to be a team to win. But is there any doubt Tim Duncan is the best player on the Spurs? No.

Can Tim single-handedly win games? No. No player can. That doesn't make him any less of a player.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Lakers weren't much of a hurdle in 99. Kobe didn't really come into his own until '01. Then the Lakers became a huge hurdle, but once the spurs added the athleticism of Manu and Parker they were able to beat the lakers again.

Without Manu and Tony as great as Tim is the spurs don't get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Now without Tim I'm not sure the spurs make the playoffs.

I agree that, except that I can remember Koby coming on pretty strong in those playoffs. I only remember because the media raved about what an incredible job Elliot did guarding him after he had such a great first round series.And the spurs won a championship in 99, so duncan was still pretty good even if the lakers were not the lakers of the 01 when they killed everyone. Also the lakers won in 2000 so I know Kobe had cranked it up by then.

and please remember I love tony and manu, I would not trade them for anyone. But it was duncan who made them good not the other way around. The spurs have to be the most fortunate team in the leauge to have them locked down till 2011

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:06 AM
oh yea and they turned around and loss to the lakers again in 04. athleticism and all.

GoSpurs21
06-02-2005, 11:07 AM
just because we critize Tim doesnt mean we dont love him
but blindly saying that Duncan doesnt do anything wrong is pathetic
of course he is the best player the Spurs have, some of us just expect more of him than you

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 11:10 AM
But it was duncan who made them good not the other way around

Duncan made Manu? Get real, manu is an international superstar who happened to beat a Tim Duncan lead USA basketball team.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Duncan made Manu? Get real, manu is an international superstar who happened to beat a Tim Duncan lead USA basketball team.

Ok your right Made was a strong word. But he definitely helped him develop. because of the constistency of Duncan Ginobli was able to really Grow into the force he is today. And yes he is a force and an all star and will be for many years.

Tony will be an all star next year as well. he really grew up last night when he took over in the 3rd to put the spurs over the top.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:16 AM
just because we critize Tim doesnt mean we dont love him
but blindly saying that Duncan doesnt do anything wrong is pathetic
of course he is the best player the Spurs have, some of us just expect more of him than you

who said he never did anything wrong?
I didn't. Please quote that statement from whoever said that.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Ok your right Made was a strong word. But he definitely helped him develop. because of the constistency of Duncan Ginobli was able to really Grow into the force he is today. And yes he is a force and an all star and will be for many years.

Tony will be an all star next year as well. he really grew up last night when he took over in the 3rd to put the spurs over the top.
Ginobilli was going to be a force with or without Duncan. He was the european MVP, and those Euros can play ball.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:19 AM
and gospurs21 what more do you expect from Duncan.

I think the point of this debate is that Duncan does not need to do totally dominate a game every night. We have other guys who can do that when needed. Ginobli can drop 40-50 parker can take over a game. Duncan's number are about the same as they have been in the playoffs his entire carreer.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Ginobilli was going to be a force with or without Duncan. He was the european MVP, and those Euros can play ball.

But when he first joined the spurs he was incosistent and not a force. He developed into that role. then he went on to a great job of leading argentina to the gold.

But if you look at his numbers from his first year to now it shows that he was not a force his first year. He started to really show spots of that his second year and then after coming back from the olympics he really turned that corner.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
and gospurs21 what more do you expect from Duncan.

aggression every game, lose the fadaway layup shot.

kskonn
06-02-2005, 11:27 AM
aggression every game, lose the fadaway layup shot.

good answer, and to be honest I expect a good answer from you but the other guy i don't know.

I still firmly believe that Duncan brings his overall game every night more consistently than any other player.

I do wish he would take the ball to the hole more, which he appears to be getting out of the jump shooting trend when he is in one on one situations. I think the real test will be in the finals. he has to get down there and bang and get to the basket.

MannyIsGod
06-02-2005, 11:33 AM
:lol

Some people are SO dumb.