View Full Version : The new heat roster

TIMMYtoZO
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Chalmers/Bibby/House
Wade/Miller
Bron/Jones
Bosh/Murphy
Dampier/Z/Anthony

So now Miami has the best defensive pg in Chalmers. They have the 2 best players in the nba in Wade and Lebron. They have clutch role players in Bibby/House/Chalmers/Jones/Miller/Murphy (All will be HUGE in the playoffs). They have a nice trio of centers who do different things. They have a top notch d and a damn good offense.

Your thoughts on this stacked Miami Heat team?

Ace
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Won't help with closing out games the right way...

Jodelo
02-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Chalmers/Bibby/House
Wade/Miller
Bron/Jones
Bosh/Murphy
Dampier/Z/Anthony

So now Miami has the best defensive pg in Chalmers. They have the 2 best players in the nba in Wade and Lebron. They have clutch role players in Bibby/House/Chalmers/Jones/Miller/Murphy (All will be HUGE in the playoffs). They have a nice trio of centers who do different things. They have a top notch d and a damn good offense.

Your thoughts on this stacked Miami Heat team?

:lmao:lmao

theExpert
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Best defensive pg in Chalmers? wow....

crc21209
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Staaaaaaaccccccckeeeeeeeeeeddddddd :lol

JamStone
02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't know if I'd call their center group a "nice trio." None of them are really any good. In fact, it would be in the Heat's best interest to play Troy Murphy at center so they can eliminate Joel Anthony out of the rotation completely, especially when Udonis Haslem returns. Murphy helps offensively by spreading the court and when healthy he's still a solid rebounder. Not a good defender, but at least he rebounds. But Z is pretty much done. I don't even know what to make of Damp at this point in his career.

And they don't have a "damn good offense." The Heat have no halfcourt offense outside of isolation plays. That's what has become more and more obviously a problem. They have great athletes who can get up and down in transition, two great one-on-one players and a PF who has a very good jumper on most nights. That doesn't mean they have a damn good offense. They're extremely talented. But we're still waiting to see them really run a set offense, especially in the fourth quarter crunchtime.

Their defense, when all are committed is really good. That is one thing I've been impressed with when they give full effort. Their athleticism obviously helps a lot. But they should be given credit for it. It's been the most impressive thing about them in terms of the team as a whole. Not their offense.

Bibby and Murphy certainly don't hurt when you're talking about just having a couple more solid vets with experience. Not sure it puts them over the top. But it doesn't hurt adding them, especially if it means they're taking them away from other contending teams like the Celtics and the Lakers who might need them as much or more. But now there are no excuses for them.

NBA Champs
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
First off, I'm not one of the senseless Heat haters out there..that said, the Heat's roster in the OP doesn't really scare me come playoff time. The C's, Spurs, Lakers and then Thunder and Bulls are better teams "on paper."

mavsfan1000
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Murphy should start over Bosh. :D

Agloco
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Lets talk when Udonis Haslem returns shall we?