PDA

View Full Version : What Are the chances Corey Brewer Signs with the Spurs?

Buddy Holly
02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Since the Spurs are rumored to be interested in Brewer, what are the chances they land him?

Halberto
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Don't want.

Agloco
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
They approach zero since Cuban has his MLE to spend.

Agloco
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Don't want.

Rather stick with Novak eh? :lol

xmas1997
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Spurs FO is known as the best in the business and Pop is regarded as the best coach.
I would think that because of that most players would be dying to become a Spur, not to mention we are leading the league and have intelligent quality players to play with.
All of that has to account for something.

Shank
02-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I would think that because of that most players would be dying to become a Spur,...

Really? We typically don't see any big name FAs breaking down the door to play for San Antonio. And, to be fair, not for Dallas either.

Bartleby
02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Really? We typically don't see any big name FAs breaking down the door to play for San Antonio. And, to be fair, not for Dallas either.

Not unless they're long past their expiration date.

xmas1997
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Maybe, but the smart ones want to be drafted here!
If he is smart, this will be his choice.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Fin turned down the Miami Heat that everyone was flocking to a few years ago. It's not impossible, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

bigdog
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I say there's about a 30% chance, but I can see him going somewhere like Dallas, since they don't have Caron Butler.

Hooks
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
EVERYONE who has a twitter needs to send tweets to Brewer of how he could come to the Spurs. It may or may not affect his decision, but it's worth a try, he'd at least know he'd be appreciated here.

Ya'll should bring up how Dallass doesn't appreciate their players, such as when they booed Finley after they released him :p:

lil'mo
02-28-2011, 08:18 PM
EVERYONE who has a twitter needs to send tweets to Brewer of how he could come to the Spurs. It may or may not affect his decision, but it's worth a try, he'd at least know he'd be appreciated here.

Ya'll should bring up how Dallass doesn't appreciate their players, such as when they booed Finley after they released him :p:
lol, if you believe this helps you are either 10 years old or a complete fucking idiot :lmao

Hooks
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
lol, if you believe this helps you are either 10 years old or a complete fucking idiot :lmao

You don't think a someone would want to play somewhere where they're appreciated? He'd be the only back up SF on the team which means he'd get PT, dude has a chance to have a long career with the Spurs.

Fpoonsie
02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
:lmao @ the poll choices in 10% increments

What an unbelievably stupid fucking thread. This is Rapper-level idiocy.

lil'mo
02-28-2011, 08:27 PM
You don't think a someone would want to play somewhere where they're appreciated? He'd be the only back up SF on the team which means he'd get PT, dude has a chance to have a long career with the Spurs.

if you believe "tweeting" him will sway his decision, thats just gay as shit :lol

L.I.T
02-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe, but the smart ones want to be drafted here!
If he is smart, this will be his choice.

FAs aren't drafted.

Nor, are they 'stupid' if they don't want to play with SA.

Hooks
02-28-2011, 08:31 PM
if you believe "tweeting" him will sway his decision, thats just gay as shit :lol

Like I said before, it may or may not affect his decision. If he hears legitimate reasons why he should sign with the spurs it may influence his decision.

xmas1997
02-28-2011, 08:31 PM
FAs aren't drafted.

Nor, are they 'stupid' if they don't want to play with SA.

I didn't say stupid, you did.
Reread my post and it will show clearly I said smart!
There is a difference, and just because someone might not be smart does not imply that they are stupid, nor vice versa.
:flag:

lil'mo
02-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Like I said before, it may or may not affect his decision. If he hears legitimate reasons why he should sign with the spurs it may influence his decision.

:lmao

Drachen
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM

This is a shooting forward, not a revolution.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
If a guy reads his tweets, I'm not sure how it's the worst idea for fans to try to recruit him. The kind of guy the Spurs want might be swayed by something like that. You never know.

ivanfromwestwood
03-01-2011, 12:51 AM
ATTENTION COREY BREWER.......i know you been googling your name all night to see the hype you getting and you found this thread. i would just like to say that you plus the spurs gives me a woody. our defense has been weak ever since bowen left us. we need you man. dont sign with the mavs. i heard that they make the new guys have sex with peja (he's greek) to show loyalty to dirk the guy that throws his teammates under the bus when they choke. we got a real good team with a player for every role needed but not a wing defender. we have very little impact from small forward position. we got scorers. we need defense. please fool. greatest coach ever can turn you into a complete player and maybe defensive player of the year. also what beer do you like. i drink them.laters

Gutter92
03-01-2011, 02:51 AM
:lmao @ the poll choices in 10% increments

What an unbelievably stupid fucking thread. This is Rapper-level idiocy.

:lmao

Shifty
03-01-2011, 03:21 AM
CoreyBrewer22 (https://twitter.com/#%21/CoreyBrewer22) Corey Brewer

Can't sleep so much going thru my head its tough right now. Thanks to all the people following me for all the support

TacoCabanaFajitas
03-01-2011, 07:56 AM

I'm not thinking he's going to sit with his family and weigh his tweets against their wishes or anything like that, but you never know if he reads something and it plants an idea in his head, its possible. You see Durant, Artest, and other stars sometimes actually get involved in twitter drama when a fan gets under their skin, who's to say it can't work in a positive way

will_spurs
03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Can't sleep so much going thru my head its tough right now. Thanks to all the people following me for all the support

Translation:

Do I sign with the smart organization, HOF coach and great teammates with the best record in the league... or do I go for the money and forfeit my soul to Cuban for the rest of eternity?

intlspurshk
03-01-2011, 08:20 AM
SPURS don't need him. Look at last night game, the whole team except TD stood behind the 3pt line to shoot 3. Bonner's defence on low post basically allowed any Mem players to score at will and SPURS still won. So it basically became a 3pt competition and there is no need to sign a defensive player at all. Just sign one more 3pt shooter .... Just bring Mo Peterson

Agloco
03-01-2011, 08:50 AM
SPURS don't need him. Look at last night game, the whole team except TD stood behind the 3pt line to shoot 3. Bonner's defence on low post basically allowed any Mem players to score at will and SPURS still won. So it basically became a 3pt competition and there is no need to sign a defensive player at all. Just sign one more 3pt shooter .... Just bring Mo Peterson

Apparently my sarcasm meter is broken. I sure hope I missed it on this post....

JR3
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
wow.. a lot of 0-10% voters (doubters). 4 teams in the race.. we can offer the second most amount of money- and at least top 2 in PT, if not the most playing time. How some people calculate 0-10% is beyond me.

Agloco
03-01-2011, 11:09 AM
wow.. a lot of 0-10% voters (doubters). 4 teams in the race.. we can offer the second most amount of money- and at least top 2 in PT, if not the most playing time. How some people calculate 0-10% is beyond me.

By the fact that Cuban owns the one team that can offer more......

will_spurs
03-01-2011, 11:10 AM

You forgot the built-in -90%...

lefty
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/612805511/butler_gym_normal.jpg
WojYahooNBA (http://twitter.com/#%21/WojYahooNBA) Adrian Wojnarowski

Corey Brewer expected to speak to Rick Carlisle, Gregg Popovich and Doc Rivers today, league source says. More teams calling free agent too.

1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/WojYahooNBA/status/42595671110455296) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Dr Cox
03-01-2011, 11:29 AM
^^ Reel em in POP!^^^

AussieFanKurt
03-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him but it would surely take a long time to adjust and thats not good enough