PDA

View Full Version : If these Buyouts were to Happen?

Srupsog
03-01-2011, 02:20 AM
According to this ESPN Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=may_peter&id=6168106

If all these buyouts did happen what players would you want the spurs to go after that would give the spurs best chance to win a championship this year.

My opinion: If all these buyouts did happen I would love if the spurs signed Tayshaun and Dalembert OR Jeffries. I say Dalembert or Jeffries bc both can give the spurs something they need, Dalembert would give us the size and shotblocking ability that we lack and Jeffries would give us the size and athleticsm to guard Mobile 4s & 5s that we don't have. So if this did happen the Spurs would be pretty much guaranteed to win Championship.

What do you guys think? . . . .

Danny.Zhu
03-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Is it just me or there are more and more buyouts in recent years than ever?

Sandman52
03-01-2011, 02:34 AM
I think the NBA needs to do something about these buyouts.

coyotes_geek
03-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Won't happen. Good teams like buyouts because they can pick up useful players on the cheap. Bad teams like buyouts because players are willing to forfeit some money. Players like buyouts because it can get them off of bad teams and on to good ones.

tdunk21
03-01-2011, 09:14 AM
kings said they will not buyout dalembert....and jeffries is expected to sign with the knicks

Agloco
03-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Won't happen. Good teams like buyouts because they can pick up useful players on the cheap. Bad teams like buyouts because players are willing to forfeit some money. Players like buyouts because it can get them off of bad teams and on to good ones.

Very good explanation. Yeah I don't see this going away anytime soon, if at all.

Agloco
03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
kings said they will not buyout dalembert....and jeffries is expected to sign with the knicks

:depressed

I've long coveted Dalembert but he was always too expensive. Oh well......

fyatuk
03-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Is it just me or there are more and more buyouts in recent years than ever?

Seems to be, but it wouldn't be incredibly surprising considering the CBA iffiness.

tdunk21
03-01-2011, 10:36 AM
:depressed

I've long coveted Dalembert but he was always too expensive. Oh well......

he is free agent this summer....can we lure him with MLE?

703 Spurz
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Only fans of teams who eat ass (Wizards) would feel that way. What gives?

Sandman52
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't like this loading up at the end of the year... it cheapens the entire season. The trade deadline has its problems (i.e., Gasol), but at least serviceable players get traded away (i.e. Perkins).

People cry about colluding players leaving small market teams to go to big city teams... well, this is the same thing. This is chasing rings at its finest.

Shifty
03-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't like this loading up at the end of the year... it cheapens the entire season. The trade deadline has its problems (i.e., Gasol), but at least serviceable players get traded away (i.e. Perkins).

People cry about colluding players leaving small market teams to go to big city teams... well, this is the same thing. This is chasing rings at its finest.
Bad/small-market teams don't HAVE to buy players out. They do it to avoid paying their full salaries when they know they have little to gain if the player is retained. This helps almost everyone and maybe only hurts mediocre teams.

moisaenz
03-01-2011, 01:24 PM
What is the possibility of radmanovic getting bought out???

Agloco
03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
he is free agent this summer....can we lure him with MLE?

The looming lockout and new CBA make this a moot discussion. We needed to land him before the end of the season tbh.

But hey perhaps the new salary structure makes him affordable next year.......who the hell knows?