PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments while TP is Out....

Mugen
03-01-2011, 11:01 PM
-more Timmy on the block. PnR is far less effective when manu is the only one who can run it. Hill was frighteningly bad at handling any traps the Grizz threw at him...

-more plays for RJ. RJ is probably the biggest beneficiary of TP's game since his defender is often the one that has to help when TP gets into the paint. now that we really dont have a legit slasher outside of manu, RJ won't have as many open looks at the 3. we're gonna have to keep him involved somehow to get some type of scoring so Pop is gonna have to call more isos on the block.

-slow the pace down. TP being out severely limits our transition game since hes pretty much a one man fast break. Our rebounding has been atrocious since the bulls game. We're gonna have to crash the boards and rebound as a team, especially when TD is out of the game.

- Hill as the off guard. He can't run the point. He's not going to learn how to run the point in the next two weeks. I know Pop doesnt want to over-exert Ginobili but our offense is complete crap when hill is the primary ballhandler.

Budkin
03-01-2011, 11:03 PM
You knew this was going to throw our chemistry way off, especially without a single practice. They'll get it together starting tomorrow.

DesignatedT
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Agree with all the points but Hill is going to have to find a way to be effective at the point, we can not afford to over run Manu right now, it would be the absolute wrong decision.

realtimmyfan
03-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Put Timmy on the block and slow the pace down.
Tbh, the current spurs is NOT a playoff team.

TDfan2007
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Definitely need more Timmy on the block. He needs to be shooting 16+ shots a game for this stretch. He needs to be aggressive on the block. Manu and Pop need to find a way to get RJ more involved on offense. GHill needs to be more aggressive.

Most importantly this team from top to bottom needs more crispness with the passes and more ENERGY. Tony or not the energy level tonight was unacceptable from a team full of professionals. Manu and Tim could combine for 60 points and we'd still lose with tonight's effort level.

TDfan2007
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Definitely need more Timmy on the block. He needs to be shooting 16+ shots a game for this stretch. He needs to be aggressive on the block. Manu and Pop need to find a way to get RJ more involved on offense. GHill needs to be more aggressive.

Most importantly this team from top to bottom needs more crispness with the passes and more ENERGY. Tony or not the energy level tonight was unacceptable from a team full of professionals. Manu and Tim could combine for 60 points and we'd still lose with tonight's effort level.

Sean Cagney
03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Put Timmy on the block and slow the pace down.
Tbh, the current spurs is NOT a playoff team.

I agree, and I thought that all year long, been worried about that since day one. If they can't score 100 they won't win it seems.

spurtech09
03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
no more turnovers....

Hoops Czar
03-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Hill is the most overrated p.o.s. on the team. As soon as Pop realizes this and decreases his role, the Spurs can move forward.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Play better... shouldn't be too hard after the shamockery on display tonight

SenorSpur
03-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Great points.

I was surprised that Spurs (Hill in particular) continued trying to push the pace, when the team, as a whole, couldn't manage to get that many points in transition. This forced pace led to a lot of the turnovers and slopply play.

I totally agree that Hill and Manu should've sought opportunity breaks, but not having their engine (Parker) to breakdown the defense, they should've slowed the pace down and worked more deliberate half court sets.

As a side note, I'm starting to cringe when I see Tim settle for those straight-away 18 footers.

TDfan2007
03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Great points.

I was surprised that Spurs (Hill in particular) continued trying to push the pace, when the team, as a whole, couldn't manage to get that many points in transition. This forced pace led to a lot of the turnovers and slopply play.

I totally agree that Hill and Manu should've sought opportunity breaks, but not having their engine (Parker) to breakdown the defense, they should've slowed the pace down and worked more deliberate half court sets.

As a side note, I'm starting to cringe when I see Tim settle for those straight-away 18 footers.

Yeah, Tim's outside shot has been pretty bad this season...and he's completely abandoned the bank shot. He just doesn't have game to game consistency anymore.

m33p0
03-02-2011, 01:26 AM
i wouldn't change anything especially with regards to Hill. he'll be forced to play point come playoff. so he'd better clock in at point for as much as he can right now while tony is out.