PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Brooks homers at?

noob cake
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Come out now, don't make me use the search button

Kai
03-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Lowry has stepped up while Brooks has stepped back this season. You have to wonder if those facts are directly related...

djohn2oo8
03-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Tha fuck is DaDakota? :lol

djohn2oo8
03-02-2011, 12:11 AM
lol took 62 games to get to .500

JayTheClown
03-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I actually have a question for you fuckers. Who starts at PG now for you guys?
Lowry? Or Dragic?

Xsatyr
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Come out now, don't make me use the search button

Aaron Brooks never recovered from his injury, he still looks sluggish. Why are still mad Aaron when Yao is no longer playing?

Xsatyr
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Lowry? Or Dragic?

The better player, Lowry, that was easy.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Lowry? Or Dragic?

Lowry. Dragic needs time to get used to the offense, and Adelman's substitution patterns

sook
03-02-2011, 03:50 AM
hes gone because we are cheap motherfuckers that wouldn't give him close to the money other teams would so we decided to get something.

Everybody knows lowry is not starting pg , its just sad as fuck that this how both teams end up now

nash/brooks & lowry / dragic. Could the difference be more glaring :lol I've heard numerous respected players around the league cite brook's all star level play pre injury...has anyone ever said one good thing about lowry? Yao isn't coming back, so shove that cock up somewhere else. If he ever walks on the court again, he should bring his crutches just in case.

:lol

The rockets are fucking stupid.

Venti Quattro
03-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Who. Gives. A. Shit.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM
hes gone because we are cheap motherfuckers that wouldn't give him close to the money other teams would so we decided to get something.

Everybody knows lowry is not starting pg , its just sad as fuck that this how both teams end up now

nash/brooks & lowry / dragic. Could the difference be more glaring :lol I've heard numerous respected players around the league cite brook's all star level play pre injury...has anyone ever said one good thing about lowry? Yao isn't coming back, so shove that cock up somewhere else. If he ever walks on the court again, he should bring his crutches just in case.

:lol

The rockets are fucking stupid.

Brooks wasn't a starting PG before his injury, too undersized with no defense

sefant77
03-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Brooks is a slightly better version of Barea..

sook
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Brooks wasn't a starting PG before his injury, too undersized with no defense

if you can perform well when starting and put up AS level numbers, i think you are.

Now wait a second before you pull out some stats. Analyze that roster we had. FOr most of the season we had

ariza
battier
chuck
scola

in the starting lineup with brooks. You do recall him being trapped and doubled by most teams as you watch all the games don't you. Regardless he still managed to score big with luis as the only threat.

When martin came in brooks was putting up close 25ppg on 48% from the field and over 50% from 3. I wish i was a wizard and collecting stats or finding the article again but you've probably already heard this bit before.

That is my problem with the trade. The rockets are cheap motherfuckers sometimes. They stock pile assets to net a star, and when it comes to paying players they spend so long developing they walk out on them refusing to pay.

If morey were to trade scola or chuck away like he did bat and brooks, its all pitchforks and mob aggression from me. Hes very poor when it comes to predicting adjustments from players and what moves to make from that perspective.

Good game yest lowry. You played well, but that is pretty much how i expected brooks to play on average when he was back to health right now, but the rockets totally fucked him over. unlike most players brooks lies almost completely on his confidence + playing with the 2nd unit is a nightmare for the guy, they just don't fit.

Rather than analyzing the situation the chose to take the easy route. They will regret it.

Giuseppe
03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Your team mashed the panic button when Yao went down during the playoffs Vs us two playoffs ago and you've never released it since then. You made this monumental commitment to Yao, all in, and then when it started to go badly you threw the baby out with the bath water. You tried to get back to some sense of regularity when you'd made many special circumstances just for Yao.

It's a 52 card pickup scene now. A king sized mess.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
if you can perform well when starting and put up AS level numbers, i think you are.

Now wait a second before you pull out some stats. Analyze that roster we had. FOr most of the season we had

ariza
battier
chuck
scola

in the starting lineup with brooks. You do recall him being trapped and doubled by most teams as you watch all the games don't you. Regardless he still managed to score big with luis as the only threat.

When martin came in brooks was putting up close 25ppg on 48% from the field and over 50% from 3. I wish i was a wizard and collecting stats or finding the article again but you've probably already heard this bit before.

That is my problem with the trade. The rockets are cheap motherfuckers sometimes. They stock pile assets to net a star, and when it comes to paying players they spend so long developing they walk out on them refusing to pay.

If morey were to trade scola or chuck away like he did bat and brooks, its all pitchforks and mob aggression from me. Hes very poor when it comes to predicting adjustments from players and what moves to make from that perspective.

Good game yest lowry. You played well, but that is pretty much how i expected brooks to play on average when he was back to health right now, but the rockets totally fucked him over. unlike most players brooks lies almost completely on his confidence + playing with the 2nd unit is a nightmare for the guy, they just don't fit.

Rather than analyzing the situation the chose to take the easy route. They will regret it.

realistically, where would Brooks take us that Lowry can't? Yes he played at an all star level last year because we asked him to score. This year, the FO wanted him to expand on his game to become more all around, besides the fact that he is a piss poor defender (see. Patty Mills owning)
Morey did fuck up by not trading him while his value was high, I get that. But this is THIS year, and like you said his game lies on his confidence moreso than anyone. BUT, why should they commit to someone long term who's mental composure is that of a 2 year old throwing temper tantrums who can't defend, can't pass, and dribbles the time off the clock all the time? Brooks won't be missed because this isn't about him, it's about Yao's crippled ass leaving us stuck, and no star wanting to come here. In this situation, you HAVE to stockpile assets until something comes along, maybe trade up in a strong draft.

noob cake
03-02-2011, 07:11 PM

ariza
battier
chuck
scola

....still on the bandwagon, I see.

:wakeup

Just waiting for DD to come in and defend Brooks now

sefant77
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Put Sessions or Barea last year on the Rockets and give them all the minutes and shots and they give you also 15-18PPG with 5+ assists

noob cake
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Where you at? Time for a bump

Pelicans78
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Rockets are better without Scola.

Pelicans78
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
I hate to say it since I like Scola, but they just become a better defensive team when he's not on the floor.

Pelicans78
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
The Kings have totally given up already.

Indazone
03-08-2011, 01:05 AM
I"m glad we got K-Mart last year but the Rockets started sucking when Landry was traded away. We had a higher winning percentage with Landry than without.

Brooks, meh...he can't play defense. Between the two, I'd keep K-Mart. Brooks is a little water bug scurrying around on the court. He'll score a bunch when he's on the court but he's not nearly as efficient as K-Mart. Not saying K-Mart can play defense either but he's clearly better between the two.

Lowry can play both sides of the floor and so can Dragic. It's better for the Rockets. Just wish we had Landry back.

Xylus
03-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Brooks has played wonderfully for the Suns. At this moment in time, the trade has worked for us. But come next year, when we've lost out on a draft pick, and Goran Dragic continues to bloom, and Brooks wants to get paid, it won't look so good.

noob cake
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Brooks has played wonderfully for the Suns. At this moment in time, the trade has worked for us. But come next year, when we've lost out on a draft pick, and Goran Dragic continues to bloom, and Brooks wants to get paid, it won't look so good.

That loss in defense is not being noticed much? I guess Nash has lowered Suns fan's expectations in point guard defense.

The Reckoning
03-08-2011, 02:06 AM
brooks is a little bitch. nuff said.

Xylus
03-08-2011, 02:14 AM
That loss in defense is not being noticed much? I guess Nash has lowered Suns fan's expectations in point guard defense.

Brooks hasn't been a liability on defense yet, mainly because we have a pretty good defensive bench to back him up; meanwhile Dragic had been a liability on both ends before he was traded. I guess the trade woke him up.

As for Nash, he's playing the best defense of his career, and that's no lie.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm surprised how much Landry has improved his game. I remember when he first was drafted he was basically a spot up shooter and made dunks and layups. Now he's shooting with both hands, driving to the basket, pulling up on jumpers. Definitely expanded his arsenal. I think the Hornets will resign him and let West walk to the highest bidder.

rapliketp
03-08-2011, 03:08 AM
If West signs elsewhere he should hook up with Deron in NJ.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:12 AM
If West signs elsewhere he should hook up with Deron in NJ.

The Nets will probably overpay for West. I think he and the Hornets will mutually part ways.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2011, 03:46 AM
I'm surprised how much Landry has improved his game. I remember when he first was drafted he was basically a spot up shooter and made dunks and layups. Now he's shooting with both hands, driving to the basket, pulling up on jumpers. Definitely expanded his arsenal. I think the Hornets will resign him and let West walk to the highest bidder.

Landry is coming back to Houston, imo

But seriously though, his game has definitely improved, though he definitely doesn't have as much hop as he did when he was a rookie (knee injury). His mid-range game has developed nicely, and though he is undersized, Landry fights for every lose ball and rebound.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Landry is coming back to Houston, imo

He said recently he wasn't happy there and doesn't think playing for Adelman is a viable option.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2011, 03:49 AM
He said recently he wasn't happy there and doesn't think playing for Adelman is a viable option.

Really? I heard the exact opposite a couple of weeks ago. His buddy Brooks did get traded, so maybe he doesn't like Houston anymore.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Really? I heard the exact opposite a couple of weeks ago. His buddy Brooks did get traded, so maybe he doesn't like Houston anymore.

I'm just messin.

I do think he could be the Hornets starting PF if West decides to leave.

Besides, isn't Scola signed long-term?

Greg Oden
03-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Why is anything about the #2 seed Rockets being discussed?

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2011, 03:58 AM
I'm just messin.

I do think he could be the Hornets starting PF if West decides to leave.

Besides, isn't Scola signed long-term?

I see. Scola signed long-term and Patterson is the next PF project. He'll be better than Landry, tbh.

Why is anything about the #2 seed Rockets being discussed?

#2 Houston is 5-1 after the All-Star Break, fwiw.

Indazone
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Rockets have a glut at Power Forward. Patterson is good and is very talented. Hayes is a short Power Forward but he's like a rock under the hoop defensively. Scola is due for a big payday. Question is...does Morey keep Scola?

djohn2oo8
03-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Rockets have a glut at Power Forward. Patterson is good and is very talented. Hayes is a short Power Forward but he's like a rock under the hoop defensively. Scola is due for a big payday. Question is...does Morey keep Scola?

Didn't Scola get a new deal already?

Indazone
03-08-2011, 11:45 AM
He did @ 9 mil. Scola is still a trade piece. Morey has already stated he wanted Landry back.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 12:05 PM
He did @ 9 mil. Scola is still a trade piece. Morey has already stated he wanted Landry back.

I think the Hornets want Landry back too and may be able to guarantee him a starting job especially if West leaves as expected after the season. I would rather pay Landry less to start instead of giving a 31-year old West 10 million+ a season.

Kai
03-08-2011, 12:19 PM

wtf First you say Scola is due for a big payday then you say he already got it? And Morey has not mentioned anything about wanting Landry back. Get your facts straight Bro, don't spread misinformation.

GuerillaBlack
03-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I think the Hornets want Landry back too and may be able to guarantee him a starting job especially if West leaves as expected after the season. I would rather pay Landry less to start instead of giving a 31-year old West 10 million+ a season.

I don't think Landry is well suited to be a starting PF though. He can do it, but I don't think it's his best spot. I still think he's better coming off the bench as a sixth man. He is a little undersized.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't think Landry is well suited to be a starting PF though. He can do it, but I don't think it's his best spot. I still think he's better coming off the bench as a sixth man. He is a little undersized.

He probably is better suited off the bench, but the Hornets will need him as a starter and I think he will do ok, especially being younger and cheaper than West. It will allow the Hornets to go after a quality wing scorer since they're already set with Okafor and Ariza defensively. Maybe they can snag one of the Nuggets wings. Need to find a PG to replace CP3 as well.

Indazone
03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok well maybe not directly but the "Rockets" have expressed interest in bringing back Landry. Dude brought a toughness to the Rockets that hasn't been seen since. Just wish he wouldn't keep using his face to block elbows.

noob cake
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Why would we want Landry back unless he wants to sigh another 3-4m deal with us.

Patterson has higher ceilings; besides he still got Jordan Hill on the bench.