PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Suns

IcemanCometh
06-01-2005, 11:10 PM
On a well played series. Props on a great year and thank you for making basketball beautiful again.

No matter what anyone here says Amare is becoming a great player and will be a future mvp. Nash quited alot of doubters including me. Joe Johnson proved I was right :angel

It might have been 4-1 but it was closer than that.

Heres to the next victim, don't any of you bitches quit during that series too.

T Park
06-01-2005, 11:14 PM
The Suns have all my respect no question.

If they lose Joe Johnson this summer though, that will be a huge hurt.

SirChaz
06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Thanks iceman, it has been a great ride. Especially after last season.

The Spurs were really the only team that gave the Suns problems consistantly all season.

In the first game the Suns started out like the did against everyone. I think the score wes like 34-30 in the first quarter when Pop went nuts and got a tech. The Spurs stepped up to that playoff level intensity and effort. They have been on the Suns and in thier head ever since.

For a young team in thier first year together I am very happy even though it is very disappointing to get this far and lose.

rwb
06-01-2005, 11:18 PM
That was a good series and the Suns should be congratulated for sure. Nash deserved the MVP over Shaq. The guy's a gamer and a class act. Overall I was impressed with the overall clean play and sportsmanship. Good luck next year except for when you play the Spurs :P

Rummpd
06-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Suns a very good team, Spurs are a great team.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 11:23 PM
This was a very close series, despite its result, and I can understand why Suns fans might lament the absence of Joe Johnson and wonder what might have been had Joe been healthy. I admire the effort and heart the Suns showed in this series and respect that team tremendously. Like Pop said, I'm glad the Spurs don't have to play this team again.

I hope the Suns grow from this, rather than following recent examples set by Portland, Sacramento, Dallas, and Minnesota. This could be a very interesting rivalry for the next few seasons.

myhc
06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Big props to the Suns. If you guys keep Joe Johnson, the West has got its hands full for many years to come. If Amare Stoudamire learns to play some D, he'll be the next greatest big man. Steve Nash was absolutely deserving of the MVP this season. Great season you guys had.

Tek_XX
06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Congratulations Suns, very good season

No pressure next year though...just have to do better

xcoriate
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Gratz Suns that was a great series and I was very worried before it began. You guys were on a bit of a roll.

Steve Nash is fucking sweet.

MiNuS
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
good riddance!

FilSpursFan
06-01-2005, 11:41 PM
That was an amazing series, clean and entertaining, Amare, Nash, JJ are good. Congratulations to them for being such good sports.

Next victim please...

Fouled Out
06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Much Props to the Suns a very good team to play against in a series a true test of what the playoffs are all about. That is one team I look forward to playing and will see further down in the near future, but for now man I am glad this series is over. A real roller coaster ride with these last 2 games 4 and 5.

englishspursfan
06-01-2005, 11:46 PM
yeah ..better than them seattle coffee drinking wankers.

Solid D
06-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Hats off to the Suns and their fans. Basketball is revitalized in Arizona once again and they have a great organization.

Props Iceman for starting this.

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Nash is great...he proved he was the MVP.

Props to them, yes.

Manu20
06-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Props to the Suns on a great series!
BTW Amare is a stud.

JustSpurs
06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
The Suns have a classy team and classy fans. Props to you for a clean series. It's nice to see two classy teams play one another.

picnroll
06-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Looks like Suns - Spurs will be a great rivalry for the next few years.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Seriously though, congratulations Suns!! You gave it your best out there, you were just outmatched!

SequSpur
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Easiest series in Spurs history.

Suns are weak.

Tek_XX
06-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I was surprised to see no push-ups....some could work on their sportsmanship.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Man, what a night by Amare. The guy did it all: offense and defense. He almost won the game for the Suns....

That said, D'Antoni said all the right things to make the Suns better:

They need to improve their defense and get a bigger bench.

If they can accomplish that, they will be very tough to beat next year.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Easiest series in Spurs history.

Suns are weak.

You are full of it.

beirmeistr
06-02-2005, 12:20 AM
The way the Suns played for 5 games, they would have beaten Detroit or Miami.
But the mighty Spurs were in the way.

T Park
06-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Id say that SPurs VS Nuggets in 1990 was the easiest.

Leetonidas
06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, we salute them now, but they ARE our new nemesis in the west after the Lakers dynasty ended.

3 Ring Timmy
06-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Just like 2 years ago when we had a hard series with the suns,and when the dust settled,we won 4 games to 2.This year another hard series,when the dust settled we won 4 games to 1.Hmmmmm,sounds like the 2 series before this one,with denver,and seattle.When the dust settled..............................it wasnt close ><>

pjjrfan
06-02-2005, 12:32 AM
congratulations to the Suns, what a great team and what a battle this series was. It was 4-1 but damn, this was the toughest 4-1 series I've ever seen. And this last game was a killer, I went through 5 cups of coffee, a pack of ciggarettes, a pill of prevacid, and half a bottle of mylanta, dang, and I still had the jitters all the way down to the last 4 secs when manu corraled that rebound and the Suns graciously accepted their defeat.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2005, 04:01 AM
Props to the Suns and to all the Suns fans that have hung out on this site during this series. You guys have been great.

Amare is a frickin' beast. Get someone on your coaching staff to teach him to defend and he'll be a monster in the league for many, many years to come.

I'm not a Nash fan, but he's great too. Get rid of QRich, re-sign JoJo. Get another big and try again next season.

Props.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
On a well played series. Props on a great year and thank you for making basketball beautiful again.

But DEE-fence wins Championships.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Well, we salute them now, but they ARE our new nemesis in the west after the Lakers dynasty ended.

True...but Suns don't have the primadonnas and a/h the FLakers have. Plus, they are from Phoeniz, not the cesspool of LA with their "stars".

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
True...but Suns don't have the primadonnas and a/h the FLakers have. Plus, they are from Phoeniz, not the cesspool of LA with their "stars".

Yeah, hard to get mad at Phoenix. Not exactly thug material.

I think we are on the flipside of the rivalry, not really thinking of it as one from our standpoint. Phoenix may see us as hated rivals, though. Especially if the Spurs can beat them again in years to come.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Props to the Suns and to all the Suns fans that have hung out on this site during this series. You guys have been great.

Amare is a frickin' beast. Get someone on your coaching staff to teach him to defend and he'll be a monster in the league for many, many years to come.

[ Stoudemire finished the series with the highest scoring average for a conference finals first-timer, breaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 35-year-old record by 2.8 points per game. His five straight 30-point games broke his own club playoff record and it made him the first Suns player to do that in any five games since Charles Barkley in March 1993. ]

The future. How many teams drafting ahead of Phoenix passed on this guy? And is Dwight Howard another HS baller that will be a "beast"?

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, hard to get mad at Phoenix. Not exactly thug material.

I think we are on the flipside of the rivalry, not really thinking of it as one from our standpoint. Phoenix may see us as hated rivals, though. Especially if the Spurs can beat them again in years to come.

Although not the Celtics-Pistons-Bulls Eastern Conference style of the late 80's-early 90's, similarly, the Suns will need to get by Spurs to get to the next level.

TwoHandJam
06-02-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm not a Nash fan, but he's great too. Get rid of QRich, re-sign JoJo. Get another big and try again next season.

Props.What she said. (I'm lazy) :p

ducks
06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
if nash stays healthy and can play at this level
and they resign joe
they will be back