PDA

View Full Version : March 27th Revenge game with Grizz

Rummpd
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2011/03/01/29047_recap.html

"We came out with great emotion and intensity," Hollins said. "We were physical and aggressive. We kind of knocked them back on their heels. We kept attacking and attacking." While San Antonio struggled with its ball handling, Memphis faced its own problems in the first half when starting center Marc Gasol was ejected after receiving his second technical of the game with 5:12 left before intermission.

But Randolph held his own, and Arthur filled the void left by Gasol's departure. That created matchup problems for San Antonio, and Duncan played only a little more than 7 minutes after halftime.

"Once we got running on them, they kind of bailed on (Duncan) and tried to go small to see what they could do," Hollins said. "It was Darrell's offense that really hurt them."

The turnover problems also continued to plague the Spurs after halftime helping Memphis stretch its advantage to as many as 16 points. San Antonio didn't have anyone reach double figures until Neal's 12-foot floater with 1:50 left in the third period.

Memphis had matched its biggest lead of the game at the end of the third, carrying an 83-67 lead into the fourth.

Arthur hit a pair of jumpers to open the fourth as the lead reached 87-67, and Memphis continued to build the advantage as the Spurs starters watched from the bench.

Ginobili said the loss provided the Spurs with a glimpse of what they could face if the teams stayed in their respective positions in the West and faced each other in the opening round.

"They know they have a shot," Ginobili said of Memphis. "They are young and very physical and athletic, and we are not precisely that.

"We have to do better with our brains."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2011/03/01/29047_recap.html#ixzz1FSy5dMHt

http://www.nba.com/gameline/20110327/

Season Series: SAS 2-1
12/18 - MEM 106 @ SAS 112 2/27 - MEM 88 @ SAS 95 3/1 - SAS 93 @ MEM 109 3/27 - SAS @ MEM

MARK MARCH 27 DOWN FOR SPURS REVENGE ON THIS COCKY TEAM AND COCKY COACH THAT HAS NOT BEAT SAS WITH PARKER!

tdunk21
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
hopefully tony is back by then....

TD21-FTW
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
:ihit:fight:ihit

Mugen
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
not sure how the bolded section makes them out to be a cocky team or a cocky coach.

they played a far superior game and i think Pop would be the first one to commend them on their defense and hustle.

with that said, i look forward to playing them again.

TampaDude
03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
We're gonna face the Grizzlies in the first round...y'all know that, right? It's pretty much a lock at this point. Let's not go down like the 2007 Mavs, m'kay??? Kick their asses!!!

gospursgojas
03-02-2011, 01:39 PM
We're gonna face the Grizzlies in the first round...y'all know that, right? It's pretty much a lock at this point. Let's not go down like the 2007 Mavs, m'kay??? Kick their asses!!!

The 07 Mavs were swept by the Warriors in the reg season.

Idont see the Spurs losing to mem in the p.os. I do see them wearing out the Spurs in the 1st round, which I would be more concered with.

LakerHater
03-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Revenge, for me, would be knocking'em outta the 1st round!

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2011, 02:04 PM

How is it a lock? There are 5 teams that have between 26 and 28 losses (and 6 teams bottle necked between 26 and 29 losses); their order shuffles almost daily and at this point, Memphis appears to have a more favorable schedule than New Orleans, Portland, or Phoenix -- Memphis only has 3 remaining back-to-backs (with the back end of one being a home game against the T'Wolves and the back end of another being a game at the Clippers) and it has 12 of its last 20 at home.

I think the odds are actually pretty good that Memphis will find its way up the seedings before we get to playoff time. Unless the Spurs fall precipitously over the next couple of weeks, an SA/MEM first round seems pretty unlikely to me.

crc21209
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
:lol Scrub ass Grizzlies...

Rummpd
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I listened to comments late last PM from announcers on a radio station from there (AM 560 Sports 56 WHBQ http://www.sports56whbq.com/ - The Voice of the Fan!) = extremely cocky attitude and acted like they won a championship and alluded to the fact "Grizz have no fear of Spurs based on comments pre and post game from Grizz players and coaches and that Hollis believes Grizzlies at their best are better than Western Conf. competition". (or Lakers/Mavs for that matter) - lesson for Spurs = teams gunning for them and will try to play very aggresssive from the get go and I believe Spurs will step up March 27 and/when if they play the Grizz in the playoffs.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I listened to comments late last PM from announcers on a radio station from there (AM 560 Sports 56 WHBQ http://www.sports56whbq.com/ - The Voice of the Fan!) = extremely cocky attitude and acted like they won a championship and alluded to the fact "Grizz have no fear of Spurs based on comments pre and post game from Grizz players and coaches and that Hollis believes Grizzlies at their best are better than Western Conf. competition". (or Lakers/Mavs for that matter)

What would you have them say? Should they think that there's no way that they can beat teams with better records? Should they say that they fear the teams that have been perennial powers?

Besides, there's plenty of support for the idea that the Grizzlies have been playing about as well as anyone in the West of late.

Since falling 5 games under .500 on January 1, they're 20-9. That's just about on pace with the big boys of the league: BOS is 19-8; CHI is 20-7; MIA is 18-8; SAS is 21-7; DAL is 20-9; LAL is 20-9. During that time, they've played a tougher schedule than the Bulls, Heat, Spurs, or Mavericks.

Meanwhile, they've added a solid defender and 6th man in Battier and solidified their backup PG to an extent with Jason Williams; and they'll eventually get Rudy Gay back.

I'm not arguing, by any means, that Memphis is better than San Antonio. I'm also not saying that there's no virtue in remaining humble. But discounting their quality -- particularly when playing well -- seems off to me.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
MARK MARCH 27 DOWN FOR SPURS REVENGE ON THIS COCKY TEAM AND COCKY COACH THAT HAS NOT BEAT SAS WITH PARKER!

Exactly one month later, they have beaten SAS thrice WITH Tony Parker. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Oh, Gee!!
04-27-2011, 12:33 PM
how dare their professional sports squadron beat our professional sports squadron!!

hater
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
:lol Scrub ass Grizzlies...

:lmao

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Revenge, for me, would be knocking'em outta the 1st round!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

jeebus
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao
lol, that was actually pretty good. :lol

Wilford Brimley
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
stop bumping threads, you made your point.