03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
We staccccckkkkkkeeeeddd!

i mean...the Mavs are stacked.

Pelicans78
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Definitely.

Hooks
03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Should've chosen the Spurs, at least he has a chance to win a title with the Spurs. He must not know about the Mavs' history of choking.

TheNextGen
03-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Mavs is a good team imo. If i wasnt such a die hard Spurs fans, i can easily see myself rooting for the Mavs...

TE
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
He's doing it for the money.

Hooks
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Mavs is a good team imo. If i wasnt such a die hard Spurs fans, i can easily see myself rooting for the Mavs...

They've been a "good" team for the past 10 years lol, it's too bad they've never had a "great" team like the Spurs.

badfish22
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM

if he was classy he would have gone to San Antonio right?

TE
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Great point. :toast

Hooks
03-02-2011, 05:20 PM

If he wanted a 'ship he would've gone to San Antonio.

Phillip
03-02-2011, 05:20 PM

yeah the whopping $2mil a year :rolleyes

if he wanted money, other teams probably could have offered him more.

TE
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Mavs couldv'e offered him more. And they did.
Shit, and you have Mark Cuban paying him, who knows what else was conversed during the initial conversation.

Agloco
03-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Nah, Mavs were in the drivers seat on this one. You got him for the right price too.

dude1394
03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
They've been a "good" team for the past 10 years lol, it's too bad they've never had a "great" team like the Spurs.

You know...once timmah/manu are gone it is going to be pretty enjoyable watching the spurs stink it up. I mean arrogance should be rewarded.

Budkin
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Obviously he made a good decision. He made more money AND is going to a really good team. I'm bummed but I can't blame the guy.

The Reckoning
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM

blasphemy

Trainwreck2100
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
re--re---ssssttttaaacccckkkeeeddd

Phillip
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Mavs couldv'e offered him more. And they did.
Shit, and you have Mark Cuban paying him, who knows what else was conversed during the initial conversation.

Cubes probably wouldn't have offered much more than he did offer, and he didnt offer much. Cubes has gotten pretty cheap for years now, dating back to him cutting Michael Finley, with the exception being for centers, which is understandable, because quality centers are hard to find.

If all Brewer wanted was money, he likely could have gotten nice monetary offers from another team. Dude wanted to go to a contender too, which is why he narrowed it down to the Celtics, Spurs, and Mavs, you ignorant fuck.

Killakobe81
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
blasphemy

agree ...I might as well start rooting for the celts. No problem with respecting your rival but rooting for them? if that's the case the rivalry does NOT exist ...

ElNono
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
:cry Brewer doesn't understand class :cry :cry :cry

:cry We didn't really want him anyways :cry :cry :cry

TheSpursFNRule
03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
lol using Peja and Brewer as reasons for being stacked. Brewer is good but not a game changer and just watch Peja vanish in the PO's just like Marion.

Phillip
03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Roddy, Terry
SF - Brewer, Marion
PF - Dirk, Peja
C - Chandler, Haywood

Others - Mahinmi, Butler, Stevenson, Cardinal, Dojo

Pretty stacked team, tbh. I hope they start Brewer, as he provides a "glue" guy offensively, and a strong wing defender. I think this would actually benefit Roddy the most directly, by giving him more shots, and indirectly it could affect Dirk, because if Roddy getting the extra shots can help him get on track to perform efficiently on offense like he did last year, he will take a lot of scoring pressure off Dirk.

Phillip
03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
A Finals run pretty much hinges on Roddy and Terry at this point. If one or the other is able to have a solid offensive night any given game, they can provide a scoring punch to take pressure off of Dirk, that can get the Mavs over the hump. We already pretty much know what the Mavs will get from everyone else, but they need some kind of offensive punch every game from Roddy or Terry, and if they get that, the Mavs will be fine.

Shank
03-02-2011, 05:57 PM
lol using Peja and Brewer as reasons for being stacked. Brewer is good but not a game changer and just watch Peja vanish in the PO's just like Marion.

Gee, that's a lot of players that are set to vanish in the playoffs. Someone should give them a heads-up.

TD 21
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope he enjoys sitting on the bench. If/when Butler returns, will he even be active? It's between him and Mahinmi and they'll probably keep Mahinmi active, since they only have three bigs active besides him (I know Marion plays backup four, but he's a three).

Clearly, he's not too bright and he doesn't value winning or playing that much. Could have taken less with the Spurs, possibly been in the rotation, playing a part on a team that could very well win the championship, then cashed in this summer/post lockout. Instead, he goes for the quick cash grab and goes to a non-contender, where he'll be hard pressed to play now and has no chance to play when they're healthy.

MavFan6488
03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Roddy, Terry
SF - Brewer, Marion
PF - Dirk, Peja
C - Chandler, Haywood

Pretty stacked team, tbh. I hope they start Brewer, as he provides a "glue" guy offensively, and a strong wing defender. I think this would actually benefit Roddy the most directly, by giving him more shots, and indirectly it could affect Dirk, because if Roddy getting the extra shots can help him get on track to perform efficiently on offense like he did last year, he will take a lot of scoring pressure off Dirk.
that would be starting lineup change nr. 1432 this season...not saying that it would end bad necessarily, but shouldn't the players be used to one another come playofftime? no top-team in the nba has changed its lineup as much as the mavs..

sefant77
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I hope he enjoys sitting on the bench. If/when Butler returns, will he even be active? It's between him and Mahinmi and they'll probably keep Mahinmi active, since they only have three bigs active besides him (I know Marion plays backup four, but he's a three).

Clearly, he's not too bright and he doesn't value winning or playing that much. Could have taken less with the Spurs, possibly been in the rotation, playing a part on a team that could very well win the championship, then cashed in this summer/post lockout. Instead, he goes for the quick cash grab and goes to a non-contender, where he'll be hard pressed to play now and has no chance to play when they're healthy.

Butler isnt coming back this season. Thats a pipedream. Butler and Jones are out longterm. Cardinal will be the 3rd guy in streetcloths.

The Mavs have Peja and Marion. Marion will keep his tagteam benchrole with Terry. Marion will keep playing also backup PF minutes. Brewer has even a chance to surpass Peja as a starter.

Thats why he chooses the Mavs. Next season Peja is maybe gone, Stevenson too...

Shank
03-02-2011, 06:12 PM

You think Butler is going to just pop right back into the lineup after having his fucking kneecap swimming around the inside of his thigh?

Doesn't value winning? Mavs are on the heels of the Spurs and would be right there if not for the Dirk injury. Past performances don't equal the same for the future. That's why teams reload with guys like Chandler, Peja and Brewer - it's to make a run for the title, much like anyone else.

Why would he take less to play for the Spurs when there was a market out there that apparently included half of the NBA?

Mavs, non-contender? LOL. Whatever, buttfuck. Keep your dim-witted, myopic opinions to yourself or stick to talking about your own team.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Can't blame Spurs fans for being upset...........oh well

Phillip
03-02-2011, 06:16 PM

lol copying and pasting the exact same post from another thread

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM

:lol

Phillip
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
that would be starting lineup change nr. 1432 this season...not saying that it would end bad necessarily, but shouldn't the players be used to one another come playofftime? no top-team in the nba has changed its lineup as much as the mavs..

If they went this route, they would need to do so IMMEDIATELY. 20 games should give them enough time to gel, although in Brewers case, hes not expected to be much more than a junk guy on offense, so it shouldnt be as big of a problem as it was for Butler last year, who was expected to be the #2 guy.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Roddy, Terry
SF - Brewer, Marion
PF - Dirk, Peja
C - Chandler, Haywood

tbh, as long as Rick is the coach it's more like:

PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Barea, Terry
SF - Barea, Marion
PF - Dirk, Barea
C - Chandler, Barea

Others - Barea, Haywood, Roddy, Peja, Brewer, Mahinmi, Butler, Stevenson, Cardinal, Dojo

Dirk Nowitzki
03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I like the move. I just hope Brewer brings solid D to the team. Anything else is just gravy.

TheMACHINE
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
agree ...I might as well start rooting for the celts. No problem with respecting your rival but rooting for them? if that's the case the rivalry does NOT exist ...

go celtics! oops

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
To me this should solve the issue of starting Peja and Roddy and how the D sux when
that happens. Now plug CB in at the 3 and the D improves drastically.
Peja can still get minutes but situational

Axe Murderer
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM

only 2 paragraphs instead of 3? wtf!

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Chandler
Nowitzki
Brewer
Roddy
Kidd
Bench- Peja,Marion,Terry,Barea,Haywood,Stevenson
Stacked

cobbler
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
LOL @ all the teams scrambling to sign waived nobodies and all who think these scrubs will make any difference.

TheNextGen
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
blasphemy

ok..my mistake....i didnt mean "root" for Mavs. They are just a pretty good team with good ownership. With that said, I hate Dirk and the Mavs!

ElNono
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
tbh, good move by Dallas...

Now they can roll out a defensive unit of Kidd, Stevenson, Marion/Brewer, Dirk, Chandler and really play some solid D while having Dirk carry the bulk of scoring...

TD 21
03-02-2011, 06:34 PM
You think Butler is going to just pop right back into the lineup after having his fucking kneecap swimming around the inside of his thigh?

Doesn't value winning? Mavs are on the heels of the Spurs and would be right there if not for the Dirk injury. Past performances don't equal the same for the future. That's why teams reload with guys like Chandler, Peja and Brewer - it's to make a run for the title, much like anyone else.

Why would he take less to play for the Spurs when there was a market out there that apparently included half of the NBA?

Mavs, non-contender? LOL. Whatever, buttfuck. Keep your dim-witted, myopic opinions to yourself or stick to talking about your own team.

I'll take him at his word until I hear otherwise. Even if he doesn't return, you think they're going to mess up what they've got going on? You think a team that already isn't explosive offensively, is going to play an entire backup front line that can't shoot for long stretches? Face it, there's no role for him on the Mavs. They got him just to do it and to keep him from the Spurs.

The Mavs aren't a legit contender. There's only four and they aren't one of them. Even if they were, he has no chance to crack their rotation (barring injury). Their rotation is set and the only alteration will be if Butler returns.

Supposedly, he wanted to go to a contender. That's why he'd go to the Spurs. Two of the four contenders were supposedly interested, only the Celtics have Pierce AND Green ahead of him at SF. The Spurs have Jefferson and a hole at SF. Would he have come in and usurped Neal? Not immediately. But there could come a time where he conceivably plays a role for this team, because they don't have a plus wing defender with size (if/when, I've got to think he'd have played in the 2nd round, taking a turn on Durant).

A Mavs fan, on a Spurs board, telling a Spurs fan to essentially fuck off? Only a Mavs fan would be too stupid to see the irony in that.

This isn't sour grapes, genius. If Murphy were deciding between the Mavs/Spurs and he chose the Mavs, I'd be saying he made the right choice. This is all about fit.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Sour grapes baby....., sour grapes

TheMACHINE
Mavs, non-contender? LOL

Shank
A Mavs fan, on a Spurs board, telling a Spurs fan to essentially fuck off? Only a Mavs fan would be too stupid to see the irony in that.

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen that comeback.

Don't come down here if you don't like it, Princess. Stick upstairs where it's safe for you.

Shank
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
The butthurt is flowing like tiger blood today.

TD 21
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen that comeback.

Don't come down here if you don't like it, Princess. Stick upstairs where it's safe for you.

Who said I didn't like it? Typical message board retard, who lacks basic reading comprehension. You tell me to fuck off, then when I point out the irony of you saying that to me, you go into typical defensive Mavs fan mode. Shouldn't you be in another thread jumping to that career long choke artist's/pussy's defense right about now?

Shank
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Who said I didn't like it? Typical message board retard, who lacks basic reading comprehension. You tell me to fuck off, then when I point out the irony of you saying that to me, you go into typical defensive Mavs fan mode. Shouldn't you be in another thread jumping to that career long choke artist's/pussy's defense right about now?

Holy shit, you're terrible at this.

How about this? Tell us more about how the Mavs aren't contenders, according to your feeble little mind. I'll see if I can comprehend the nuggets of wisdom you're about to drop on us all. Please. Enlighten us.

Shank
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh, and whatever you write, be sure to be cool guy and cut/paste the same shit through 3-4 different threads.

silverblk mystix
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Hate the fuckin' mavs and always will...

but this is a very good signing for them and will improve them even more...

props....

Shank
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
3 yrs, $8 million

El Oh El.

rayjayjohnson
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
must have a thing for first round exits. mavs, knicks, doesn't matter who

sefant77
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Nuggets :rollin

TD 21
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Holy shit, you're terrible at this.

How about this? Tell us more about how the Mavs aren't contenders, according to your feeble little mind. I'll see if I can comprehend the nuggets of wisdom you're about to drop on us all. Please. Enlighten us.

Firs time I ever cut and pasted the same thing in two threads. Felt it applied to both.

I'm excellent at this.

The Mavs aren't contenders for the same reason they've never won a championship: It's been made abundantly clear that Nowitzki can't be the lead player on a championship team. They've needed a perimeter guy who could be their go-to guy for years. In the last thirty years, unless you had prime Olajuwon or Duncan, it's been proven that you need a Hall-of-Fame perimeter player to win a championship. Johnson, Bird, Thomas, Jordan, Bryant, Ginobili, Wade, Pierce. The only exception is the '04 Pistons, but even then, Billups was playing at least close to a Hall-of-Fame level during that run for them. The Mavs don't have that guy and Nowitzki isn't exactly prime Olajuwon or Duncan.

Obviously, they're a very good team, 5th or 6th best in the league (I'd go 6th, personally) and will push anyone they encounter. But in the end, they're going to lose to the Lakers in seven games in the second round.

Why aren't Mavs fans cynical by now? Why is it that, every season, hope springs eternal? You've seen basically the same season over and over for a decade, yet they've got you all hook, line and sinker . . . again. Even though they're not much different than they were last season. For all the talk about their defense, they're actually worse than the Spurs defensively (with Duncan playing 29 mpg).

badfish22
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25595/the-knicks-could-use-a-good-geek

Brewer may well be the league's leading candidate to be the next Bruce Bowen, and is an interesting test case in how statistics can be used effectively to enhance, not replace, the human eye.

Shank
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Hahahaha...you wrote all that and I'm not going to read a single word. Shithead.

The Batman
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM

The Krew: "Because it's only funny when WE do it"

TD 21
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Hahahaha...you wrote all that and I'm not going to read a single word. Shithead.

You read every last word.

Since my not liking and being able to accurately assess your team without rose colored glasses upsets you so deeply, maybe you should go kill yourself.

I have no bias in the matter. I don't like the Lakers or Heat either, but you don't see me claiming they're not contenders.

Killakobe81
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Brewer made a bad choice playing time wise ...
Spurs had minutes open, PLUS they (i believe) probably made assurances he would be in their future plans ... Dallas really doesnt need him ...but he is one clock blocking m'fer ... kudos!

4>0rings
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Shank gettin' his insides turned out :lmao

Shank
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Shank gettin' his insides turned out :lmao

Ahahahahahahahahahaha...

What?

Shank
03-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I have no bias in the matter.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

dude1394
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
The Mavs aren't a legit contender. There's only four and they aren't one of them.

This is going to be fun.. :)

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
lol Spurs fans still crying about it.
Tried to tell ya, no way he was picking that nasty azz city over the D
nigga please!

rayjayjohnson
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
lol Spurs fans still crying about it.
Tried to tell ya, no way he was picking that nasty azz city over the D
nigga please!

speak.

debbie never did san antonio. i know where i'd choose.

Thomas82
03-02-2011, 10:23 PM

I couldn't have said this better myself.