PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church in a happy mood

pawe
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Supreme Court: Anti-gay funeral picketers allowed

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_re_us/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests

First amendment rights, yeah, yeah. But this group of sick freakazoids is going overboard.
I feel sorry for the family of dead soldiers/dead children who were picketed by these assholes.

Watch the documentary:
The Most hated Family in America
This place is where people should start if they want to bring back the drive by's again.

The Gemini Method
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I want Phelps to die purely for the opportunity to see who pickets his funeral? Will the same people who mark that 'God Hates Fags' submit the same kind of solicitation of ideals? That, my friend, would be a Funeral I'd like to crash...

Kyle Orton
03-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Angel_luv must be celebrating

TE
03-02-2011, 05:37 PM
tbh, pay some fucking respect for a fallen soldier.

Stupid fundamentalist retards.

pawe
03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Im confused, the supreme court said rights should not be denied.
So, they upheld the 1st amendment for this church no matter how cruel or emotionally stressed the victims would be from their attacks.
On the other hand, SC restricts the 2nd amendment for California, Chicago, NY and other states banning firearms? Im confused.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Maybe I've just seen one too many revenge movies but I'm surprised these guys haven't been shot yet. It just seems that eventually they'd do this to some family with a military tradition and piss off the wrong unstable ex-Ranger uncle or something.

pawe
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
They are a family of lawyers and they will sue the living hell out of anyone who hurts them while they are protesting...except the guy in the documentary who did a drive by and hit the kid in the head with a 16 oz drink. lol

Blake
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Im confused, the supreme court said rights should not be denied.
So, they upheld the 1st amendment for this church no matter how cruel or emotionally stressed the victims would be from their attacks.
On the other hand, SC restricts the 2nd amendment for California, Chicago, NY and other states banning firearms? Im confused.

they are picketing in public domain.

ManuBalboa
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Inbred clowns.

Watching documentary now.

ginobili's bald spot
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
They are scumbag pieces of shit but their first amendment right should still be protected.

PM5K
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I feel sorry for the family of dead soldiers/dead children who were picketed by these assholes.

Understandable but this "church" and their activities is what gave birth to the Patriot Guard Riders, and if I saw those westboro assholes standing outside my loved ones funeral, I'd feel like shit, but if I saw the Patriot Guard Riders there too, well I don't know what more you could ask for.

lil'mo
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
whats the big deal? just ignore it instead of getting upset and giving them what they want.

ManuBalboa
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Understandable but this "church" and their activities is what gave birth to the Patriot Guard Riders, and if I saw those westboro assholes standing outside my loved ones funeral, I'd feel like shit, but if I saw the Patriot Guard Riders there too, well I don't know what more you could ask for.

A drunk driver veering off the road.

pawe
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
whats the big deal? just ignore it instead of getting upset and giving them what they want.

They are like ST trolls, bro. Something in the back of your mind tells you that you should ignore it but you just gotta post a reply anyway.

ChuckD
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
tbh, I wouldn't cry if someone burned down their church

...with all of them inside.

JayTheClown
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
So I understand these people don't like gays. And according to there warped train of thought God hates gays so God must hate America and its military. I understand that part. My question is what do they want America to do to the gays?

lil'mo
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
They are like ST trolls, bro. Something in the back of your mind tells you that you should ignore it but you just gotta post a reply anyway.

all trolls and funeral protesters will burn in hell and in my silence i take solace in that

pawe
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Can I send them to hell with a 27" free floating barrel multi load bolt action rifle chambered in .338 lapua magnum with a 20x50mm scope @ 300 yds.
They said moving and loud targets are really challenging to shoot.

Mister Sinister
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
So I understand these people don't like gays. And according to there warped train of thought God hates gays so God must hate America and its military. I understand that part. My question is what do they want America to do to the gays?
Kill 'em all, and God will sort them out.

By sending all the fags straight to Hell where they damn well belong.

EricB
03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
They are scumbag pieces of shit but their first amendment right should still be protected.

Sadly I agree with this.

The Reckoning
03-02-2011, 10:34 PM
doesnt mean they cant be arrested for loitering or parading without a permit...or disturbing the peace.

thats the beauty of the Law. knowledge is power. there are other loopholes around situations like this.

they could also be sued on defamation and slander in a civil court.

pawe
03-02-2011, 10:53 PM
They were sued.
Then, the dead marine's father who sued for privacy invasion and emotional distress was ordered by court to pay the westboro nutcase's legal costs amounting to $16k.
Unbeavable!

CubanMustGo
03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
doesnt mean they cant be arrested for loitering or parading without a permit...or disturbing the peace.

thats the beauty of the Law. knowledge is power. there are other loopholes around situations like this.

they could also be sued on defamation and slander in a civil court.

What part of THEY ARE ALL LAWYERS don't you understand?

They pull exactly as much shit as they can LEGALLY get away with. They don't get specific enough to be sued for libel or slander, it's all vague as hell.

If people do something to them in return they take them to court. That's how the Westboro "Baptist" "Church" stays in business.

The Reckoning
03-02-2011, 11:27 PM
ok then, what about "free speech zones" since its technically a military operation.

make them stand in a sound-proof booth.

crofl

redzero
03-02-2011, 11:30 PM
They were sued.
Then, the dead marine's father who sued for privacy invasion and emotional distress was ordered by court to pay the westboro nutcase's legal costs amounting to $16k.
Unbeavable!

He lost the case, so why shouldn't he pay for the legal fees?

pawe
03-03-2011, 12:54 AM
He lost the case, so why shouldn't he pay for the legal fees?

He won actually. 9 mil awarded to him in 2007.
Westboro then appealed 2 yrs after then the court dismissed the case BUT made the father pay for legal fees like .50 cents per page of documentation or something like that.

redzero
03-03-2011, 02:09 AM
He won actually. 9 mil awarded to him in 2007.
Westboro then appealed 2 yrs after then the court dismissed the case BUT made the father pay for legal fees like .50 cents per page of documentation or something like that.

Okay, the court dismissed the case. There were legal fees. Who should have paid them?

pawe
03-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Westboro baptist of course. Westboro baptist pays for their own representation and the other party pays for his.
The father was being represented by a pro bono lawyer, BTW.

redzero
03-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Westboro baptist of course. Westboro baptist pays for their own representation and the other party pays for his.
The father was being represented by a pro bono lawyer, BTW.

So if somebody was to bring up frivolous charges against me, I should pay if those charges are eventually dropped?

pawe
03-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Not sure. Im not a lawyer and I haven't been sued before and I don't watch Judge Judy.
Losing party pays the fees except the lawyer's service. He did not lose though, case was dismissed.

Anyway, my point here is we should all gang up on this church so I..I mean, WE can all feel better.

TE
03-03-2011, 03:01 AM
How can one be Christian if they condone this type of bullshit. Isn't there an inherent clause that boldly puts "show mercy"? Seriously, how the fuck can these people psychologically live knowing they caused so much distress for a family of a fallen soldier?

A bunch of sick fucks.

Although they are entitled to the first amendment, this kind of shit is overboard.

redzero
03-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Isn't there an inherent clause that boldly puts "show mercy"?

Depends on which parts of the Bible one reads.

TE
03-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Depends on which parts of the Bible one reads.
What's your stance on this redzero?

redzero
03-03-2011, 03:10 AM
What's your stance on this redzero?

The First Amendment doesn't exist to protect speech that people want to hear.

TE
03-03-2011, 03:14 AM
The First Amendment doesn't exist to protect speech that people want to hear.
Yeah I hit the assumption right on the spot.

Since you are agnostic, or athiestic, as I assume you to be after seeing multiple religion based threads were you lashed out against religion and such, do you think this church is doing wrong?

redzero
03-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Yes, I do. Nobody likes Westboro Baptist Church.

TMTTRIO
03-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Well if they really loved God they would read Romans 2 would see that there is a warning about judging others. Also if you look at Jesus' life he was patient with us that we would all come to repentence. 2 Peter 3:9 talks about the Lord being longsuffering with us so that we can all come to repentence. Jesus was humble.

pawe
03-07-2011, 12:57 AM
they're gonna mess around and get one of their own murdered going to people's funerals and disrespecting the dead like that, right in front of their grieving families. that makes for a potential volatile situation. they piss off the right motherfucker and oh shit

Question is: When will that ever happen?

ChuckD
03-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking at some point, a Reserve unit will have had enough, paint up and don Camo, and use some of their ordinance some night to blow their shit church right into splinters.