PDA

View Full Version : Splitter informations and Spurstalk

BRs.Ganso
03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi guys I'm new here and I dont know what happened in this forum before Splitter sign with Spurs. But in this last months i saw two sides, the guys which overrated him, and the guys who hates him, i dont know what's the reason. So i made this thread to inform who dont knows him, Hope this help someone.

He was one of bests players and centers of Europe

Curriculum:

named to the 2007-08 All-Euroleague First Team
named to the 2008-09 All-Euroleague Second Team
named to the 2009-10 All-Euroleague Second Team

named the 2010 Spanish League Regular Season MVP (Only him and Sabonis)
named the 2010 Spanish League Finals MVP (Only him and Sabonis)

named the 2007-08 Euroleague Week 9 and 22 MVP
named the 2008-09 Euroleague Top 16 Week-4 MVP
named the 2009-10 Euroleague Week-2 MVP

Led the 2006-07 Euroleague in offensive rebounding (2.7 orpg.)…won the 2007-08 and 2009-10 Spanish National Championship with Baskonia Vitoria...

He's Averages:

Euroleague:

06-07 - 10.7PPG 58%FG / 6.0RPG
07-08 - 14.0PPG 63%FG / 6.2RPG
08-09 - 14.0PPG 66%FG / 4,6RPG
09-10 - 13.0PPG 53%FG / 4,5RPG (Had some Injury problems this season)

FIBA World Championship: (http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/events/players/p/competitioncode/WMM/playernumber/37395/roundid/4728/season/2010/players_page.html)

2006 - 16,4PPG / 6,6RPG(against Papadopoulos, Bogut etc)
2010 - 12,8PPG / 5,2RPG (played injury some games, he came late to Brazil training camp and got injuried in the first game of Brazil's preparation to World Championship)

Against USA Team:

2006 - 7 Points and 7 Rebounds 1-5 FG 5-6 FT (Friendly Game 86x90)
2007 - 13 points and 9 rebounds 60% FG (76-113)
2010 - 13 points and 10 rebounds 50% FG (68-70)

Average: 11,0PPG 8,6PPG 43,3% FG

Games with more than 20 minutes this season:

Cleveland -> 18 points, 5 reb, 2 blocks
Minessota -> 6 points, 4 reb, 1 blocks
Golden State -> 12 points, 6 reb
Denver -> 12 points, 9 reb
Golden State -> 7 points, 6 reb
Noh -> 11 points, 6 reb
Sacramento -> 16 points, 9 reb

His game (just my opinion, i'm not expert or something)

Good Points: Moves on post, hook, layup and defense, court IQ.
Bad Points: Athleticism (too soft for C), mid-range and free throw shot.

People need know, it's very hard to adaptation to the game playing small time, he's not in the time/beat of the other players in the roster. First season of him, obviously he will find a lot of difficulties specially with the big centers of NBA. He Missed the training camp, and he's trying to create his space in a done team, with the best record in NBA, so its hard.

For me he dont have body to play against big centers, Duncan should make this function and Splitter plays in PF...

He have a good potential to NBA, for me he's better than Varejao and worst than Nene, he can be a good role player in future (like others two big brazilians), lets give some time to him.

tdunk21
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
no one hates him....he needs some time in pop's system....

TE
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Lock him up in a weight room for one half of the day, and then lock him up in a gym to work on his offensive game.

There you have it folks. The solution.

chazley
03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
The stats where he play at least 20 minutes are intriguing...

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for putting that together. :toast

Manu_Forever_KBP should be here shortly.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow. He looks very promising. I hope we can convince him to come to the U.S. and play with the Spurs. I'd like to avoid another Scola fiasco.

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM

He was NEVER one of the best centers in Europe. Why is this flat out LIE continued to be allowed to be spread here?

:wakeup

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Brs. Ganso

Another fake European basketball fan. They are members of Splitter's family.

Then they're not Greek, thus their info is reliable.

BRs.Ganso
03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Brs. Ganso

Another fake European basketball fan. They are members of Splitter's family.

Sorry man, I'm from Brazil and i dont want confusion! :p:

Leonard Curse
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
ive stayed away from spurstalk this wholeseason because i wanted to sit in the shadows and see how spurstalk would change while the spurs were hot , i was going to start posting when we were in a slump but im happy to say i dont think were going to have one this season hahaha.

i was the biggest tiago advocate here in spurstalk a while back, and i gotta say he looked terrible in the memphis game but you know what so did b0nner!! i mean he always looks terrible on the defensive end but last night he wasnt even making his fools gold 3pointers and hes never disciplined for his shit play ever.

we gave bonner 4 years FOUR YEARS PEOPLE to finally play decent just to play decent. yes hes almost 50 % but look at his stats when the game actually means something he's WORTHLESS and he will always suck when the team needs someone to stand up. so please shut up with the splitter talk that was his first game back give him 6 games with REAL minutes

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:27 PM
look at his stats when the game actually means something

Show us.

will_spurs
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
He was NEVER one of the best centers in Europe. Why is this flat out LIE continued to be allowed to be spread here?

It would be like saying that a NBA center named to consecutive NBA First Team and NBA Second Teams isn't one of the best centers in the NBA...

You need to work on your trolling skills.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
no one hates him.

Uh, bullshit.

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
KBP hates him.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Because you've never mentioned anyone that was better.

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Because you've never mentioned anyone that was better.

Ugh....here comes a list of every Vujakaukos and Brontosaurus that plays in some Euro D-League.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Ugh....here comes a list of every Vujakaukos and Brontosaurus that plays in some Euro D-League.

But there won't be a list of anyone better than Splitter.

rascal
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I am tired of hearing how great he was in the Euroleague.
It is not translating to even being worthy of getting quality minutes in the NBA so far.

Mel_13
03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
But there won't be a list of anyone better than Splitter.

:lol

That's why they're still in the Euro D-Leagues and Tiago is in the NBA. KBP never quite gets that.

Agloco
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM

tbh, your crystal ball needs tweaking. He showed up a whole 13 mins after your comment. :lol

ManuBalboa
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I haven't given up on Tiago yet. If Bonner can go from puss to quality contributor, Tiago sure as hell can. Not this year though. Not with Pop.

Cessation
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
"Splitter wasn't best center in europe" thread!

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I haven't given up on Tiago yet. If Bonner can go from puss to quality contributor, Tiago sure as hell can. Not this year though. Not with Pop.

Splitter's never been a puss. I'd love to see how Splitter contributes with as many starts as Bonner got two years ago.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I am tired of hearing how great he was in the Euroleague.
It is not translating to even being worthy of getting quality minutes in the NBA so far.

I am tired of reading your tired troll bullshit

yet here we are.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Splitter's never been a puss. I'd love to see how Splitter contributes with as many starts as Bonner got two years ago.

Had he stayed healthy in the preseason you most likely would've.

MaNu4Tres
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I am tired of reading your tired troll bullshit

yet here we are.

I concur :tu

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Had he stayed healthy in the preseason you most likely would've.

Even you don't believe that.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Even you don't believe that.

Uhm, well half way.

I think had he played in preseason with a FULL training camp, he might've gotten MORE time out of the box and by now would've challenged Blair for the spot.

but, I dunno, on one hand I believe it but the other hand it would've been unrealistic as well.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
That's fair. We'd love to see what could have happened, but Blair's turned out to be pretty good and it's probably because Splitter wasn't there to go to when he started slow. I'm still foolishly holding out hope for Splitter to start with Duncan next year.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
That's fair. We'd love to see what could have happened, but Blair's turned out to be pretty good and it's probably because Splitter wasn't there to go to when he started slow. I'm still foolishly holding out hope for Splitter to start with Duncan next year.

yeah if Blair had been Bonner of two years ago I would be with you in what would be justified anger over him not getting time but he's legitimately had to outplay the guys ahead of him and he hasn't.

I agree I'd love to in the preseason next year see him play lots of minutes with Duncan and see how it goes.

I still think Blair is a 6th man type who with harnessed energy is the perfect off the bench player.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
And Blair as a three would be awesome. He's got quick feet and hands.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM

A three? That would be, interesting.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
You know I like bigger lineups rather than smaller ones. With two shot blockers behind him, I'd love to see Blair in that spot. The Spurs never have to worry about being outrebounded either.

Remember Malik? He had his share of minutes at small forward.

Josepatches_
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
"Splitter wasn't best center in europe" thread!

Sure he was.I hated him because he played in Vitoria and I'm a Real madrid fan but he was the best center playing here in Spain hands down and that's the same to say the best center in Europe or pretty close.

For example Gary Neal was waived in Spain one time and he was only a role player the second time he played here.And now he's very important for us.Sure Splitter could be a great addition too.

Josepatches_
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I still think Blair is a 6th man type who with harnessed energy is the perfect off the bench player.

Agree.he's undersized and scoring is first for him.Defense in the low post or to be a shotblocker in the paint is not what he better does.
.Those kind of players can play a very important role coming off the bench.

Millsap or Corliss Williamson role.

EricB
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
You know I like bigger lineups rather than smaller ones. With two shot blockers behind him, I'd love to see Blair in that spot. The Spurs never have to worry about being outrebounded either.

Remember Malik? He had his share of minutes at small forward.

I'll take your word for it but I don't ever remember Malik playing 3.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I absolutely believe he would have received more development time if he didn't miss training camp. It's pretty evident Pop values that a lot, and it's the time of the season he can really take his time teaching (probably his favorite). I'm not sure Splitter would look substantially better though.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I'll take your word for it but I don't ever remember Malik playing 3.

Well, maybe he didn't. Trusting my memory is not a good bet. I wouldn't put Blair on the Lebrons of the league for very long, but I'd be more willing to take my chances with two seven footers watching the paint behind him.

EricB
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Well, maybe he didn't. Trusting my memory is not a good bet. I wouldn't put Blair on the Lebrons of the league for very long, but I'd be more willing to take my chances with two seven footers watching the paint behind him.

It'd be worth looking at in preseason and November sure.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
It'd be worth looking at in preseason and November sure.

Yeah, they aren't going for a twin towers lineup this year. I'd still like to see Splitter getting worked into the rotation, particularly now that everyone's kind of flailing.

Em-City
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM

you've got to be joking...

could you imagine him trying to guard any decent SF on the perimeter??

and i'm not even talking about players like KD, LBJ, iggy, pierce, gay etc..

i mean like average 3's like gallo, salmons, batum, AK47, Ariza

GrandeDavid
03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Oi amigo! Conheci Splitter no sábado passado. Ele mora perto dos meus pais em SAn Antonio. Sou daqui e a minha esposa do Para. Splitter e gente fina, rapaz! Gostei muito dele e tirei foto dele com minha filha de 18 meses de idade. Sou um grande torcedor do Tiago. Infelizmente ele foi machucado cedo e devido os otimos resultadosnesta campanha teve luta em conseguir minutos. Porém, o Popovich ama Splitter e creio que a partir do ano que vem ele vai dar grande impacto. Ainda creio que ele pode ser um contribuidor na pôs-temporada.

Amigo, ignore estes idiotas negativos sem nada melhor a fazer neste site. Realmente tem gente boa aqui mas outras que eu vou te falar!

ploto
03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
The stats where he play at least 20 minutes are intriguing...

Aren't those instances mostly against bad teams and/or when the Spurs have a big lead.

ploto
03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I absolutely believe he would have received more development time if he didn't miss training camp. It's pretty evident Pop values that a lot, and it's the time of the season he can really take his time teaching (probably his favorite). I'm not sure Splitter would look substantially better though.

Remember Pop basically calling him out for "being injured" so often.

EricB
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
No I only remember that stiff Udrih getting that.

GSH
03-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Classic. :toast

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
you've got to be joking...

could you imagine him trying to guard any decent SF on the perimeter??

and i'm not even talking about players like KD, LBJ, iggy, pierce, gay etc..

i mean like average 3's like gallo, salmons, batum, AK47, Ariza

Um, yeah I've done that. He's not a slow or clumsy player. If you've been paying attention during his career you'd know that. If he had any offensive game beyond ten feet, he'd probably have gotten some shots at that position by now.

DrSteffo
03-03-2011, 03:05 AM

Hehe when I asked him this question earlier he listed Batiste, Bourousis, Pekovic, Maric and Kaun as being better european Centers than Splitter last season. It seems he really likes Panathinaikos or Olympiacos players for some reason...:lol I live in Europe but I don't watch greek bball because it sucks.

UnWantedTheory
03-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Splitter threads always deliver. Give me another please.

Cessation
03-03-2011, 04:27 AM
"splitter minutes" thread!!

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Still waiting on that list.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
You learned how to spell liar. Nice job, KBP.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Splitter is not Greek.

That's all that really matters.

xellos88330
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
It isn't that he is hated. Everyone here (except maybe KBP) wants him to succeed. People here (including myself) were expecting him to be able to make an immediate impact defensively. This is why most of us aren't too happy with him. He defends the pick and roll very well, however, his post defense and ability to box out NBA players is sorely lacking. His stance is fundamentally sound and it looks good, he is just too light. He really needs to put on some more muscle to be able to ensure solid rebound position and defensive position in the post. I am certain however that he will figure it out a way to make things work as he is now, but he will have to work his ass off to find it.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Why the hell should I give you a list of players that you have never in your whole life seen play? If you ever show an iota of basketball knowledge ONE TIME here and stop being a complete dickhead to me then you will get that list.

I'M WAITING

Do that and then you will get your list.Why are you waiting for him to get your list?

BRs.Ganso
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
LOL i'm laugh a lot with Forever's posts

the guy is all crazy, i think he have drug or mental problems.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Why the hell should I give you a list of players that you have never in your whole life seen play? If you ever show an iota of basketball knowledge ONE TIME here and stop being a complete dickhead to me then you will get that list.

I'M WAITING

Do that and then you will get your list.

Zero. That's what I thought.

moisaenz
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Splitter is a good player obviously he has weaknesses and he doesn't come here to be a Savior,he comes here to at least be a great rotation player.

If he was going to be a great player right away we would have traded his rights to the Rockets.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Zero. That's what I thought.

Fucking shit, didn't you hear him? Once you learn something about basketball, then you get the damn list.

Here's a teaser though with the top 5.

Marco Dingobelli
Splitovius Rectomus
Paulo Smellabutthole
Peitrojan Bokipoopie
Vaginald Poopshoosten

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Fucking shit, didn't you hear him? Once you learn something about basketball, then you get the damn list.

Here's a teaser though with the top 5.

Marco Dingobelli
Splitovius Rectomus
Paulo Smellabutthole
Peitrojan Bokipoopie
Vaginald Poopshoosten

Actually, I have to stop being mean to him as well. He's always been a fuckwad that calls people names and can't even admit when he's wrong (Souvlaki), so since that's never going to happen, he has an excuse for not being able to produce any names of centers better than Splitter.

Seriously, he's comparing Splitter to a guy who doesn't even start. Moron, your bus is leaving.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Actually, I have to stop being mean to him as well. He's always been a fuckwad that calls people names and can't even admit when he's wrong (Souvlaki), so since that's never going to happen, he has an excuse for not being able to produce any names of centers better than Splitter.

Seriously, he's comparing Splitter to a guy who doesn't even start. Moron, your bus is leaving.

No, it's too late. You have requested the list. This issue will not just go away until 1) you prove you know facts about basketball and 2) the list is sent to you. Then it can be over. Rules are rules. Once you receive the list, you are not to distribute to anyone else until they 1) ask for the list and 2) they provide you with proof of basketball knowledge.

I hope you understand the severity of the motions you put in motion.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I have already provided basketball knowledge: Someone comparing Tiago Splitter in Europe to Jeff Foster in the NBA is a retard.

What I can't do, is be nice to KBP, the aforementioned retard.

He can't provide a list even if he hadn't built in an excuse not to. The great European basketball expert resorts to name calling and excuses when forced to actually share information.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I have already provided basketball knowledge: Someone comparing Tiago Splitter in Europe to Jeff Foster in the NBA is a retard.

What I can't do, is be nice to KBP, the aforementioned retard.

He can't provide a list even if he hadn't built in an excuse not to. The great European basketball expert resorts to name calling and excuses when forced to actually share information.

LMAO..Jeff Foster?????
I guess maybe I'll read the thread. It sounds worse than I thought.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Someone could possibly make the case that Splitter wasn't far and away the best center in Europe, but it would be far from the majority opinion, and at best you could come up with one player. KBP says that Splitter isn't even "one of the top centers" in Europe, and compares him to a guy who has started six games in the NBA the last two years.

KBP's always good for a little comedy somewhere between the giant helpings of abrasive and stupid.

mingus
03-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Bonner, Blair, and McDyess have straight up earned to play more minutes than Splitter this year. at one point i thought Splitter not living up to expectations was going to cost the Spurs at some point in the playoffs against LA, but for whatever reason LA's size hasn't been that much of a factor this year. they don't play inside out like they should be doing and that only benefits SA. i still feel that if they made a concerted effort to exploit that weakness, we wouldn't have much of a chance.

jimo2305
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
lol.. lots of rage and lol's in this thread

will_spurs
03-03-2011, 07:09 PM
All Euroleague Team has absolutely NOTHING to do with All NBA team. To claim it does is actually trolling.

All Euroleague is based on team record and online fan voting. It has absolutely no similarity to the all NBA award.

http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/berlin-2009/main-page/i/49161/2768/2008-09-all-euroleague-mvp-announced?lang=en&itemid=-1

Indeed: "All awards were based on a combination of fan and media voting", so it probably compares more to the NBA All-Star selection process.

However your claims that he was not one of the best centers of the time while plyaing in Europe are just bad attempts at trolling, at which you fail. We also all know (despite not watching - oh by the way I am from Europe) that he was the 2010 MVP in the Spanish League (yeah yeah, a secondary league of course, and his MVP award was actually for this teammates, not him).

:downspin:

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Dude STFU.

Your basketball knowledge is freaking pathetic. Your comments are laughable. If you really think that a guy that could not defend any good offensive center in Europe in the post, could not spread the floor, could not get his own shot, could not score unless his point guard handed him a wide open layup or dunk, lacked any real post game, etc.........

when he played in Euroleague was "by far and away the best center in Europe" then you are an epic moron and douche bag. I'll give you a list you DESERVE for being such a fucking idiot.

IGNORE list.

Spurs homerism among the fans here is actually starting to get worse than the homerism of Mavs fans.

The person you describe isn't the best center in Europe. The person you describe also isn't Tiago Splitter, who is still better than any centers in Europe.

This is why you make so many people laugh.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 07:11 PM
PS: LOL @ pretending to be a Manu fan.

jjktkk
03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
KBP's English has improved dramatically. :lol

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Jew lies!

ALVAREZ6
03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
i concur :tu

+1

BRs.Ganso
03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/berlin-2009/main-page/i/49161/2768/2008-09-all-euroleague-mvp-announced?lang=en&itemid=-1

Indeed: "All awards were based on a combination of fan and media voting", so it probably compares more to the NBA All-Star selection process.

However your claims that he was not one of the best centers of the time while plyaing in Europe are just bad attempts at trolling, at which you fail. We also all know (despite not watching - oh by the way I am from Europe) that he was the 2010 MVP in the Spanish League (yeah yeah, a secondary league of course, and his MVP award was actually for this teammates, not him).

:downspin:

To you see how good it is, different from nba's votation, he is recognize by european basketball fans, Lithuanians, Spanish guys, Greek and other... do you think the brazilian people voted for him???? nobody in Brazil cares with basketball, 75% who watch basketball here is NBA, 20% is Brazilian League, and just 5% watch Euroleague (just one game per week on ESPN (not live, just replay) in the middle of the afternoon when nobody can watch).