PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed, but not surprised

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 11:19 PM
As I watch post-game coverage on a variety of media, I have to say that the aftermath of Game 5 seems to be more about the Suns losing rather than the Spurs winning. It's almost as if the media is crying that the Suns have been eliminated.

Like I say, disappointed, but not surprised.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
What do you expect? The Amare Stoudemire/Steve Nash circle jerk has come to an end, they have to get in all their hype now that they can't spout their nonsense in the Finals.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
What do you expect? The Amare Stoudemire/Steve Nash circle jerk has come to an end, they have to get in all their hype now that they can't spout their nonsense in the Finals.

Well, I think the title betrays my expectations. I'm not surprised that the mindless media is lamenting the demise of a one-dimensional team, but I'm tremendously disappointed that tonight has, seemingly, been more about the elimination of the Suns than the fact that the Spurs have advanced.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
True, although for the next 8 days they'll be talking about the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
True, although for the next 8 days they'll be talking about the Spurs.

One can hope -- that would be some solace, and these Spurs deserve at least that much attention.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
It'll be like the Patriots...

Not a lot of talk leading up to it but after the Finals are over lots of people throwing around the word dynasty.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 11:38 PM
4 more wins and these guys will be the equivalent of the 2003 Pats -- 2 out of 3 and armed to do much more damage. For now, I'll focus on the 4 more wins.

The cynic in me, however, thinks that even 4 more wins won't get the Spurs much love.

Tek_XX
06-01-2005, 11:40 PM
ESPN bench warmer crew was calling the Suns the #4 team left in the playoffs, they will not give props to Spurs until the hold the big trophy until then it's the mistakes of others not the play of the Spurs.

MiNuS
06-01-2005, 11:41 PM
yep-
best place to watch post game is FSN!

the blonde chick in the middle is HOT!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm with you FWD.

THere seems to be this stigma that you have to win consecutive titles to be legit. That's lame.

Extra Stout
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
ESPN is more blatant about their preferences on their international coverage. As of now, they (ESPNi) have cancelled plans to broadcast the NBA Finals. Their on-air broadcast team flatly stated this is the because the Spurs have advanced.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
4 more wins and these guys will be the equivalent of the 2003 Pats -- 2 out of 3 and armed to do much more damage. For now, I'll focus on the 4 more wins.

The cynic in me, however, thinks that even 4 more wins won't get the Spurs much love.

Gosh, just think what the lack of "love" would be like if we didn't have the hardcore elastic Manu for the media to talk about? I'm listening to ESPN's "Mike & Mike" show talk about Tim Duncan and "the most under appreciated but great players".

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey man, WE ARE IN THE FINALS! Get on the bus.

Useruser666
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
When the Suns lost I couldn't help but notice the tone that some anouncers took. "It's like they killed Jesus!" I said.

duncan_21
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
When the Suns lost I couldn't help but notice the tone that some anouncers took. "It's like they killed Jesus!" I said.

Maybe black jesus aka amare

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Maybe black jesus aka amare

:lol

nkdlunch
06-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Walton has to find some other dick to suck now.

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2005, 09:07 AM

That was exactly my thought. I was almost surprised that the ESPN guys weren't sobbing openly.

ObiwanGinobili
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
yep-
best place to watch post game is FSN!

the blonde chick in the middle is HOT!

She has a head like a horse. With some freakishly long alien neck..... dear lord it gives me chills everytime. :smokin

duncan_21
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Walton has to find some other dick to suck now.

I wish he literally was, then he couldn't be a broadcaster because he would have something more then a foot in his mouth..

romsho
06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
As much as I love Hubie Brown, it killed me to hear him lick Phoenix's ass for the two games that were on ABC. He of all people should enjoy good basketball on BOTH ends of the floor. Spur basketball...it ain't for everybody.

Phenomanul
06-02-2005, 10:23 AM
As much as I love Hubie Brown, it killed me to hear him lick Phoenix's ass for the two games that were on ABC. He of all people should enjoy good basketball on BOTH ends of the floor. Spur basketball...it ain't for everybody.

He is still bitter about the fact that we swept his Grizzilies last year.....

DrRich
06-02-2005, 10:46 AM
What did ya expect after the 3 hr Suns Luv Fest with a little bit of basketball mixed in?

It was sickening to watch the game last night

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
You know, on some level it's kind of nice that the national media doesn't seem to respect the Spurs. It makes me feel like I'm smarter than the rest of the country; that I know something that the rest of the world doesn't.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Hubie's always hated us since we punked him in the playoffs.

Greg Anthony has the same bent against this team, it figures.