PDA

View Full Version : Very Concerned

Jahivah
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
We've played almost perfect basketball all season yet I still harbor alot of reservations about our ability to win it all.
Timmy has been a third option at best all season and I am concerned as to whether he will be able to step into a bigger role when the need eventually arises.
Tony Parker's style of play. Not unlike Dwyane Wade and AI before him; TP takes a beating. He has had his fair share if injury problems in the recent past which leaves one to worry about his ability to play to full potential come the playoffs.
Popovic's distrust in the young bigs is also very concerning as he has limited Dejuan Blair's minutes and been very reluctant to afford Tiago Splitter any playing time.
Manu has also has become infatuated with the three ball; having chucked up the most 3 pointers in the league thus far this season. At times at the most inopportune moments in games.
Richard Jefferson's comfort with being a 5th and 6th option.

Marcus Bryant
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I hate Spurs fans.

cd98
03-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Dallas has a better team than Spurs. That said, they had a better team than Miami in 2006. Most talented team doesn't always win.

Pompous Phil Jackson said Spurs of 2004 were better.

Agloco
03-02-2011, 07:06 PM
We've played almost perfect basketball all season yet I still harbor alot of reservations about our ability to win it all.
Timmy has been a third option at best all season and I am concerned as to whether he will be able to step into a bigger role when the need eventually arises.
Tony Parker's style of play. Not unlike Dwyane Wade and AI before him; TP takes a beating. He has had his fair share if injury problems in the recent past which leaves one to worry about his ability to play to full potential come the playoffs.
Popovic's distrust in the young bigs is also very concerning as he has limited Dejuan Blair's minutes and been very reluctant to afford Tiago Splitter any playing time.
Manu has also has become infatuated with the three ball; having chucked up the most 3 pointers in the league thus far this season. At times at the most inopportune moments in games.

I hate Spurs fans.

Awwww shit,

You done woke up MB.....

The OP is on his own.

hater
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I hate Spurs fans.

yeah, spur fan with reservations. How dare they??? Where do they get the nerve?

:rolleyes

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
yeah, spur fan with reservations. How dare they??? Where do they get the nerve?

:rolleyes

Reservations and doubts are perfectly normal, but a lot of Spurs fans around here really need to sack up tbh.

ManuBalboa
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I hate Spurs fans.

I know what you're saying, but everything save Parker concern is 100% true.

Jahivah
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I like every other Spur fan will be hoping that they can win it all. I do believe that they have as good a chance as any other team but there are some holes which winning has kept concealed.

Capt Bringdown
03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Relax and enjoy the ride. It's going to be over a lot sooner than you think.
The regular season has been a blast and a big surprise so far. Naturally all the fun has raised false hopes of a title run. But this is not a championship caliber team, it's plain to see.

DesignatedT
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
pussy ass thread.

in2deep
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
pussy ass thread.

it matches the way the spurs been playing the last few games

Vic Petro
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Seriously fretting over every bad game is weak. Do the Spurs have the ability to win it all? Of course they do. They are not some juggernaut that will blitz through everyone but that team doesn't exist in the NBA this year. They are one of 6, maybe 7 teams that can win a title. I like their chances.

in2deep
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
agree it's wide open. Except I believe the lakers are a bit ahead of everyone. They will turn it on in the playoffs

Capt Bringdown
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
For the title, I like a team that can rebound & defend, and whose offense features balance and doesn't depend on the 3 ball.

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Frankly, having "concerned" fans won't make a team less likely to win the title, any more than having confident fans will make a team more likely to win it all.

If the OP wants to get all stressed and worried, the only solution is just to wait a couple more months and see.

In the meantime, enjoy this rocket ride of a season. It's been great, and will, be great.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Are the 2010-11 Spurs the worst 50-11 team in the history of basketball?

easjer
03-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Judging by the majority of posts here, the answer is clearly 'Yes. Yes, they are.'

I'm with MB on this, I think.

In the end, so what if they don't win? Hasn't it been a fun season? Isn't this a great ride to be on? It's not like the world ends or not based on the Spurs final outcome.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM

Captain Bringdown says yes apparently.

Might as well stop playing for the rest of the year since Bringdown says its plain to see they wont win it.

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I hate Spurs fans.

I see why you don't come around anymore...

TD 21
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Relax and enjoy the ride. It's going to be over a lot sooner than you think.
The regular season has been a blast and a big surprise so far. Naturally all the fun has raised false hopes of a title run. But this is not a championship caliber team, it's plain to see.

But let me guess, the Mavs are? With their worse offense, defense and rebounding than the Spurs.

The Spurs entered this game as the second best defensive team in the West. After it, they may very well move into first and this is with Duncan playing 28-29 mpg. So don't give me this "they don't play defense" crap. Because if they don't play defense, then neither do the Lakers or Mavs.

There is no case to be made that this is not a championship caliber team and the only reason anyone is questioning whether they are is because they're the Spurs.

Budkin
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
They'll either win, or they won't. And none of us can do shit about it.

DesignatedT
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
But let me guess, the Mavs are? With their worse offense, defense and rebounding than the Spurs.

The Spurs entered this game as the second best defensive team in the West. After it, they may very well move into first and this is with Duncan playing 28-29 mpg. So don't give me this "they don't play defense" crap. Because if they don't play defense, then neither do the Lakers or Mavs.

There is no case to be made that this is not a championship caliber team and the only reason anyone is questioning whether they are is because they're the Spurs.

Of course they are.. It doesn't matter if they have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round 3 out of the last 4 years. They are real contenders because they are tall and our record is nothing but "fools gold" because we are a good 3 pt shooting team.

Sean Cagney
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
agree it's wide open. Except I believe the lakers are a bit ahead of everyone. They will turn it on in the playoffs

I agree on this here fully! They are the best team still IMO in the West which is why I want to avoid at all costs getting the #2 seed and facing them in round two! If we squeak by them we get Dallas after that probably, not ideal.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2011, 10:26 PM
In the end, so what if they don't win? Hasn't it been a fun season? Isn't this a great ride to be on? It's not like the world ends or not based on the Spurs final outcome.

At the end of it all, this is exactly how I feel.

For the most part, I haven't ever expected the Spurs to win a title (though, obviously, as playoff runs have developed, the sense that they could or should win the title has evolved). But to the extent that expecting a title amounts to a belief that they should compete for a title, I haven't actually "expected" a title since the beginning of the 2006 playoffs. Everything since then has been a bonus to me.

I was thinking about this earlier: there are fans of some franchises who would be ecstatic for their team to make, say, consecutive appearances in the 2nd Round or to reach a (1) conference final; an (1) NBA title is largely unthinkable for those fans.

My team has won 50 games or the equivalent for 14 straight years. My team has reached at least the 2nd round in 13 of the last 16 playoff seasons (and 15 of the last 21), played in 7 conference finals in those 16 seasons, reached the NBA Finals 4 times and, obviously, won all of those. Seriously? 50 wins is an expectation? A first round loss is a disappointment? Almost half of the last seasons over the last decade and a half have resulted in runs to at least the Conference Finals? Really?

Had you told me in 1991 that the next 20 years would bring that kind of success, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Are there other franchises that have more storied histories? Of course. Does that mean I don't enjoy and appreciate what my beloved, small market team has accomplished? Absolutely not.

Because of that, there really isn't much about the Spurs that concerns me any more. I'm a passionate fan; I hope they win every game and I'm hopeful that they can find a way to win another title, no matter the problems that may seem to exist. But if they don't? meh.

Bartleby
03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Simply put, a lot of Spurs fans have become spoiled, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon during the Duncan era.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Simply put, a lot of Spurs fans have become spoiled, especially those who spent this season forgetting what it's like for the Spurs to play inconsistently.

Fixed.

tmtcsc
03-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Really ? This formula had us on pace for a 70 win regular season. Very few times this season has this team not given excellent effort or shown a fighting spirit to not give away games.

Every team has concerns. I'll take ours over any others right now.

EricB
03-02-2011, 10:43 PM
The defense has improved month by month.

Some games it takes steps back, but others it goes forward.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I am very concerned that the Texas coastline has eroded all the way to San Antonio. There is no other explanation for all the sandy vaginas.

Harry Callahan
03-02-2011, 10:59 PM
At the end of it all, this is exactly how I feel.

For the most part, I haven't ever expected the Spurs to win a title (though, obviously, as playoff runs have developed, the sense that they could or should win the title has evolved). But to the extent that expecting a title amounts to a belief that they should compete for a title, I haven't actually "expected" a title since the beginning of the 2006 playoffs. Everything since then has been a bonus to me.

I was thinking about this earlier: there are fans of some franchises who would be ecstatic for their team to make, say, consecutive appearances in the 2nd Round or to reach a (1) conference final; an (1) NBA title is largely unthinkable for those fans.

My team has won 50 games or the equivalent for 14 straight years. My team has reached at least the 2nd round in 13 of the last 16 playoff seasons (and 15 of the last 21), played in 7 conference finals in those 16 seasons, reached the NBA Finals 4 times and, obviously, won all of those. Seriously? 50 wins is an expectation? A first round loss is a disappointment? Almost half of the last seasons over the last decade and a half have resulted in runs to at least the Conference Finals? Really?

Had you told me in 1991 that the next 20 years would bring that kind of success, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Are there other franchises that have more storied histories? Of course. Does that mean I don't enjoy and appreciate what my beloved, small market team has accomplished? Absolutely not.

Because of that, there really isn't much about the Spurs that concerns me any more. I'm a passionate fan; I hope they win every game and I'm hopeful that they can find a way to win another title, no matter the problems that may seem to exist. But if they don't? meh.

What he said. :flag:

I've followed the SAS since '78 or '79 and never dreamed they would be a real serious title contender. This franchise has won more LOB's than all but three(?) NBA franchises - pretty good if you ask me. I hope to get to do my annual home game pilgrimage (I live in the land of evil NBA owners and nutpuncher players) again before the regular season ends. I want to see our best ever big three play again.

So many things out of your control come into play when it comes to winning 15 or 16 playoff games. It takes skill and luck.

I don't know if the Spurs can go all the way. From what I've seen, they have a shot when compared to the other top teams. That's about all you can ask for and you have to hope for some good fortune. I wonder if the lack of a top ten superstar type player will be the eventual undoing of this team in the POs (TD is not the dominant player he once was - very good, not dominant). If they come up short in the playoffs, it won't change the fact that this team is doing a great job playing at a high level almost every game. Getting themselves back in the conversation as a potential NBA champ is a credit to the players and coaches. I'll try to enjoy the journey as much as I can.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 11:05 PM
I am very concerned that the Texas coastline has eroded all the way to San Antonio. There is no other explanation for all the sandy vaginas.

Global warmening

UnWantedTheory
03-03-2011, 03:08 AM
I hate Spurs fans.

Reservations and doubts are perfectly normal, but a lot of Spurs fans around here really need to sack up tbh.

pussy ass thread.

Seriously fretting over every bad game is weak. Do the Spurs have the ability to win it all? Of course they do. They are not some juggernaut that will blitz through everyone but that team doesn't exist in the NBA this year. They are one of 6, maybe 7 teams that can win a title. I like their chances.

Captain Bringdown says yes apparently.

Might as well stop playing for the rest of the year since Bringdown says its plain to see they wont win it.

I see why you don't come around anymore...

They'll either win, or they won't. And none of us can do shit about it.

Simply put, a lot of Spurs fans have become spoiled, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon during the Duncan era.

TD 21
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Of course they are.. It doesn't matter if they have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round 3 out of the last 4 years. They are real contenders because they are tall and our record is nothing but "fools gold" because we are a good 3 pt shooting team.

:lol

I like that you referred to them as tall and not big, because that's exactly what they are.

Too bad the Spurs aren't going to have the opportunity to eliminate them again, since they won't survive the Lakers.

spurs10
03-03-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm glad we were anointed this 50-11 record without having to be a very good team. Thank goodness the team has some balls, unlike some of the pessimists here. People this team is one of the best teams we've ever had. You better hurry up and know it!

Jahivah
03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Just a refresher for all the folks who thought that I was an idiot.
Timmy being out is no excuse either.

Jahivah
03-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Refreshing once again for the angry individuals who saw with their hearts and posteriors rather than eyes and brains.
I am in no way gloating but reminding that this was a long time coming.
The injuries are no excuse either.
Once again giving up a lead in the weighing moments of the game.
Being obsessed with the 3-point shooting big.
Not allowing the bench to play even when they are having good games....

DMC
03-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Surely Spurfan doesn't think the Spurs would always dodge the stars of the better teams. The Spurs got a hell of a starting chip count with that run through teams who's main player/s was/were injured at home and on the road.

DMC
03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm glad we were anointed this 50-11 record without having to be a very good team. Thank goodness the team has some balls, unlike some of the pessimists here. People this team is one of the best teams we've ever had. You better hurry up and know it!

The record is the best we've ever had. If you are using the record to say we are "one of the best", why aren't you using it to say we are the best?

The same thing that keeps you from doing that keeps me from agreeing that we are one of the best.

I hope we win. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

DMC
03-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Just a refresher for all the folks who thought that I was an idiot.
Timmy being out is no excuse either.

You are an idiot and it is an excuse. He's the excuse for 4 rings and the excuse for 4 losses.

jjktkk
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
No Duncan, then no Ginoboli, then, no Parker, nor Dyess. What would a reasonable person expect to win a game without those 4 playing?

spurtech09
03-29-2011, 12:06 AM
aw man where are the real spurs at.....

Budkin
03-29-2011, 12:17 AM
No Duncan, then no Ginoboli, then, no Parker, nor Dyess. What would a reasonable person expect to win a game without those 4 playing?

Nobody. The problem is that they overachieved, came close to winning and then let it slip away, which made it feel just like the past 3 chokes when in reality we shouldn't have been close.

Jahivah
03-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Can I hear from the detractors?
Please?

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Can I hear from the detractors?
Please?

You won't...the "believer" crowd would rather not post than admit they were wrong.

SenorSpur
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM

and if you read TP's recent comments in a French newspaper, it sounds like he does too.

I feel bad for him because he and others know that this team's championship hopes are compromised because they are an inferior defensive team compared to the likes of the Fakers, Celtics, Bulls and Thunder.

Jahivah
03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
and if you read TP's recent comments in a French newspaper, it sounds like he does too.

I feel bad for him because he and others know that this team's championship hopes are compromised because they are an inferior defensive team compared to the likes of the Fakers, Celtics, Bulls and Thunder.

I honestly believe that allowing Tiago to get more playing time would have helped. Dejuan Blair is really more of an energy guy off the bench than a starter especially at Center. Dice is still decent but undersized and I won't even talk about Bonner. All of the winning masked the fact that we were severely compromised on the defensive end

Sean Cagney
03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I honestly believe that allowing Tiago to get more playing time would have helped. Dejuan Blair is really more of an energy guy off the bench than a starter especially at Center. Dice is still decent but undersized and I won't even talk about Bonner. All of the winning masked the fact that we were severely compromised on the defensive end

Don't bother thinking about it, POOP has lost it fully now and he will continue this mess and doom the SPURS! OFFSEASON, give RJ three more years and SIGN BONNER FOR 4. He will be a spot player though! NO, POP can't help it and we all now it! Our problem is the coach now, period.

Jahivah
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hello............................................. .....................
Anyone out there????

FromWayDowntown
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Reasonable expectations are the key to sanity.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello............................................. .....................
Anyone out there????

Preaching to the choir with me...I predicted they would not win a game until Phoenix at home from the time Duncan was hurt...told you so.