PDA

View Full Version : Nash's press conference

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
He is so humble and so complimentary of the Spurs and especially Tim. He said nothing but great things about SA tonight, totally different than most superstars in this league when they lose.

ie. Ray Allen and Shaq.

I really like this guy, a lot.

Timoha
06-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Steve Nash is da man. He had a great season regardless of this series and winning the MVP must have been a great honer. And he's definatly one of my favorite players . I wish he never left Dallas though. Him and Dirk were fun to watch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Two hours ago he was telling us all Amare's game 4 block was the greatest ever. Happy golfing, Nash :lol

missmyzte
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Seattle and Denver need to take notes, Phoenix has shown a lot of class.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Amen. And how about Robert Horry and his "its the playoffs, let me turn on my game" self? :)

AZLouis
06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Steve Nash is da man. He had a great season regardless of this series and winning the MVP must have been a great honer. And he's definatly one of my favorite players . I wish he never left Dallas though. Him and Dirk were fun to watch.

More fun than he and the Suns roster?

This series was great. It's frustrating thinking that games 1 and 2 should've been won by the Suns.

The Spurs beat them at their own game and then beat them with Spurs ball.

WalterBenitez
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Seattle and Denver need to take notes, Phoenix has shown a lot of class.

Yeah, they did

Tek_XX
06-01-2005, 11:28 PM
oh did ya'll hear Tim try to nail that woman on her question?

you go Tim

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Manu just finished talking to Latin America's ESPN, basically he said that in the first half the Spurs were complainning too much to the refs, and that during the half time talk, they decided to stay focused on the game and forget about the calls.

He also said that they played with a lot of effort and remain focused in the last minutes.

He said that winning this game is very important because the whole team needs some days to rest. He said that Timmy's ankles, Tony and himself would be most pleased with the days of rest (He looked exhausted while talking to the journalist).

Finally, the journalist asked him if this victory would help to forget the 0.4 and the elimination to the hands of the Lakers last year. I believe that Manu didn't like the question, he replied that you can't always win, and that series was a thing of the past, now the Spurs must remain focused on the future (the Finals vs. the East Champs).

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Nash is a fag

Yeah, I'd like to fuck his "boyfriends"

:rolleyes

He gets more hot trim than you will see in 5 lifetimes.

:)

picnroll
06-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Nash is on the all class team along with Duncan, Manu, Hill.

JustSpurs
06-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Nash is on the all class team along with Duncan, Manu, Hill.
Agree :tu

Dingle Barry
06-01-2005, 11:58 PM
it almost sucks seeing him have to lose. see you next year steve.

Tek_XX
06-02-2005, 12:37 AM
umm i'm sorry it's just a game, nothing personal, but i enjoy every spurs opponet get the boot, even if they're a really really nice canadian guy. Now stop jizzing all over him.

cqsallie
06-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Nash is a fag
That is so un-Spursmanlike!
Spurs don't call names - they just go out and play their best. People who call opponents "fags," just don't measure up to the Spurs' standards.
Can you imagine any SA player calling an opponent a "fag?"
Sounds like this is coming from a 15-year-old, not a mature fan. Sick and stupid and beneath all real Spurs' fans. :rolleyes

Budkin
06-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Word. Steve Nash is one of the classiest players I've ever seen. So refreshing after listening to George Karl, Jerome James, and Ray Allen

Catharsis
06-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Nash is a fag
With a model the mother of his children...if he's gay, then I don't know what the hell you're thinking.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 01:26 AM
With a model the mother of his children...if he's gay, then I don't know what the hell you're thinking.
don't mind that loser, 99% of san antonio respects Phoenix and particularly Steve Nash.

dcole50
06-02-2005, 03:12 AM
no one is "jizzing all over him." he's a classy guy and people here are just showing him respect.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 08:14 AM

Word.
:smokin

Plus he plays golf....fags don't play golf.

:)

Momma_monkey
06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Nash reminds me so much of Jazz John Stockton. He moves like him. What do ya think??? :spin

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Nash reminds me so much of Jazz John Stockton. He moves like him. What do ya think??? :spin

Nash is a better shooter, IMO. Both are all business on the court and both are professional in winning and losing, but Stockton was a little dirty, not blatently, but dirty.

ambchang
06-02-2005, 08:22 AM

you go Tim

What was the question and what did Tim say?
Thanks.
BTW, Nash has a lot of class, as well as most of the Suns team. The Spurs earned their respect.
Marion said a few things that rub people the wrong way, but I don't understand why. What was he supposed to say? That the Spurs are superior to the Suns in every what way and there is no way the Suns can win a game?

kskonn
06-02-2005, 08:27 AM

you go Tim

that was awesome. What a idiot reporter.

Reporter: Was a big part of your success tonight haveing a couple of guys step up and hit threes that normally don't hit those shots?

Tim: Like who?

Reporter: " As Mike said, you had guys go 2 for 2 that normally shoot like 14 %. ummmmm Like Beno"

Tim: (with an astonishied look) Beno is an excellent three point shooter.. then continues on another subject instead of continuing to embarrass the idiot reporter.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Well Nash is just as pale as Stockton but doesn't resort to the short shorts that blind his opponents with his thighs. Nash is better offensively but Stockton could play some pretty good D in his day. I think this is a debate that will be revisited quite a bit in the next couple of years.

Seriously, Nash is a class act and I really have to hand it to him for taking his lumps like a man. I know there are plenty of other guys in the league who would have said something like, "Well if Q and Marion had put in more than 12 tonight we might have won..." He might be my favorite player not wearing silver and black.

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Nash is a better shooter, IMO. Both are all business on the court and both are professional in winning and losing, but Stockton was a little dirty, not blatently, but dirty.

Stockton was WAY more dirty, one of the dirtiest players ever. Nash looks like Mother Theresa in comparison.

Props to Nash, I don't agree with some of the political things he says, but in Basketball he is thumbs up. :tu

It's easier to have a lot of respect for someone who you beat, instead of the other way around. I still halfway don't trust that Horry guy...:lol

Phoenix's fans also should be commended, they didn't quit on their team and stayed in their seats to cheer their MVP, COY and great season.

ambchang
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Stockton was WAY more dirty, one of the dirtiest players ever. Nash looks like Mother Theresa in comparison.

It always amused me how Stockton was labelled dirty. yes he grabbed, he elbowed, and he did anything he could and got away with it. But the guy is 6'1", 185lbs, and he did set screens to free Karl Malone, and we know whoever guards KM has to have at least 60 lbs on Stockton, and we know that he missed like 10 games in 18 years.

Props to Nash, I don't agree with some of the political things he says, but in Basketball he is thumbs up. :tu

Stockton and his political stance reflected pretty much what most non-Americans felt about the war, perhaps you'd see it if you don't watch too much Fox News.

SouthernFried
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
I'd trade Parker, Beno, Barry, and one of our big pale guys for Nash.

Man, what we could do with a point guard who could hit the outside shot and create. We'd be like...in the NBA FINALS!

no...wait...

Kudo's to that commie pinko...guys got class and game.

NoMoneyDown
06-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I remember staying at the Rivercenter Marriott during one of the playoff games vs. Dallas several years back. We boarded the elevator down to make our way over to the Alamodome to watch the game, and lo and behold Steve Nash was in it. I shook his hand and wished him luck in the game, which he thanked me. When the elevator stopped, he held the door open with his hand for both my wife and I to get out. Class act gentleman.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Did you guys see Nash applauding after the game?

It was just another class act by a class individual...he is very Spurs-like.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
that was awesome. What a idiot reporter.

Reporter: Was a big part of your success tonight haveing a couple of guys step up and hit threes that normally don't hit those shots?

Tim: Like who?

Reporter: " As Mike said, you had guys go 2 for 2 that normally shoot like 14 %. ummmmm Like Beno"

Tim: (with an astonishied look) Beno is an excellent three point shooter.. then continues on another subject instead of continuing to embarrass the idiot reporter.

I was laughing about this, too. Until I looked up Beno's 3 pt. % and realized the reporter was right: he's 24.2% in the playoffs. :oops

EDIT: Of course, Beno shot 40% three-pointers in the reg. season....

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Stockton and his political stance reflected pretty much what most non-Americans felt about the war, perhaps you'd see it if you don't watch too much Fox News.

I am assuming you meant Nash. My point was in reference to his support of communism. There is nothing wrong for Americans to state that they are against communism, a force of repression in the world. As a person, I understand that Nash is very generous and quite philantrophic, which is admirable.

You CAN still disagree with someone and still like the person, which is my point.

And I don't watch Fox news.

easjer
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Nash is my favorite NonSpur. He's a great player, creative, fast as lightning, energizing, fun to watch. And when he's not all sweaty and gross, he's hot! But the true reason was class act all the way.

After the losses, he didn't blame his team members, he didn't blame the refs, he didn't talk about how the Spurs were dirty players. He complimented the Spurs and said that his team was doing all the right things, they'd just been outplayed.

I'll take that any day over fuckign Ray Allen.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Canadians are cool.

ObiwanGinobili
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Nash is very classy.. he's one of the few non-Spurs players that I can respect as much as a Spur (grant Hill is another). It's refreshing, he's such a world class guy.. I hope his teamates come to emulate his excellent sportsmanship.

And didi you see him clapping for our Series win? Just awesome man... especially since the Suns fans weren't all the that willign to give it up.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 09:07 AM
He is so humble and so complimentary of the Spurs and especially Tim. He said nothing but great things about SA tonight, totally different than most superstars in this league when they lose.

ie. Ray Allen and Shaq.

I really like this guy, a lot.

I just wish that "Hosier" would do something with that hair. hehehe

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 09:10 AM

Isn't this the guy who AJ went after in Nash's initial Suns seasons?

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Isn't this the guy who AJ went after in Nash's initial Suns seasons?

He was quite the "mishandler" back then, but that was with Houston, I think.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But he doesn't play that way now, unlike Stockton, who had to get a little rougher as he started loosing some steps.

wildbill2u
06-02-2005, 09:21 AM

I don't think he movs like Stockton at all. Stockton always moved with rhythm, not with a herky-jerky style and carrying the ball like Nash. You very seldom saw Stockton shoot while falling on his back because he never put himself in that position.

That being said, they are alike in that they are great point guards with super court vision and pinpoint passing.

TwoHandJam
06-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Canadians are cool.You know it Jim. :hat

Seriously though, Nash is a really classy player and from what I can tell after the postgame, he's got some serious man-love for Tim and his game. :lol Kinda makes you wonder what he'd be like setting up the Big Fundamental. Just thinking about it gives me chills. When he's near the end of his career and wants to play backup, I'm sure Pop would have him.

About that question the female reporter asked about guys shooting 14%; did any of you guys find it funny that Tim at first responded with "who, you mean Bruce and Tony?" :lol I don't know if that was a joke or he was really confused but it sure was funny. Tim delivers these lines with such a deadpan expression that you never know if he's joking or not.

ambchang
06-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I am assuming you meant Nash. My point was in reference to his support of communism. There is nothing wrong for Americans to state that they are against communism, a force of repression in the world. As a person, I understand that Nash is very generous and quite philantrophic, which is admirable.

You CAN still disagree with someone and still like the person, which is my point.

And I don't watch Fox news.

I apologize at jumping to conclusions.

easjer
06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
And did you see him clapping for our Series win? Just awesome man... especially since the Suns fans weren't all the that willign to give it up.

Actually, I think he was clapping for the fans who were still around cheering. He walked a ways around the court clapping. Which, imo, is just as awesome as clapping for our win.

boutons
06-02-2005, 09:53 AM
He was applauding the the Suns fans as they applauded the Suns. The entertainer and the entertained appreciating each other.

Steve Nash, the anti-punk, anti-balla, anti-thug NBA player.

The sad perspective is that Steve is getting sainted becasue he's just being decent, respecting, civil, professional, ie, "normal". ie, he meets a norm of civility.

Which is a damning comment on the low, and declining, level of NBA behavior that is now "average" for the NBA.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually, I think he was clapping for the fans who were still around cheering. He walked a ways around the court clapping. Which, imo, is just as awesome as clapping for our win.

That is the way I interpreted it. He was just giving the fans a standing O for all their support, despite his team losing all 3 games in front of them in WCFs.

If all athletes were as classy as Nash, there would never ever be any negativity in sports from the fans and press that is so commonplace nowadays.