PDA

View Full Version : Chris Quinn Is Effing Terrible.

roycrikside
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
At this point I would rather have Sequ running the point. Quinn is a disaster. Get us Temple, Arroyo, literally anybody, I don't care. This guy cannot run a team at all. He's basically an undersized two, and can just stand in the corners and shoot wide open jumpers if Manu is creating, but that's about it. He can't run any sets, he can't run a Pick-and-roll, he can't do anything. If he's the point guard the team literally never, ever gets anything resembling a quality shot.

Also, he SUCKS on defense.

That is all.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
He didn't even had to run anything, just wind the clock down...

EricB
03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah all stars at every position!

Who gives a shit if he can run the offense

Carlos Arroyo's best days left him in freaking Utah. Garrett Temple had his chance and failed early in the season to be the third point.

You won't find a better player than him in the D League and Quinn has been with the team all year, he has a WAY bigger grip of the offense than anyone else you will find.

Hes a THIRD STRING PG for chrissakes...

yavozerb
03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Ya, we may have seen the last of Quinn tonight...That was pretty damn bad I thought

Calispursfan11
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I am new to SpursTalk, but have already noticed all the Sequ comments. What gives?

ElNono
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah all stars at every position!

Exaggerate much?

Quinn has been here all year and he had to sit down to close the game because he couldn't even wind the clock down against the bench of the worst team in the league.

This kid just can't get minutes for the next two weeks on a consistent basis.

If the FO doesn't want to bring anybody, that's fine. But if Hill can play "60 minutes", then he should.

weebo
03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Exaggerate much?

Quinn has been here all year and he had to sit down to close the game because he couldn't even wind the clock down against the bench of the worst team in the league.

This kid just can't get minutes for the next two weeks on a consistent basis.

If the FO doesn't want to bring anybody, that's fine. But if Hill can play "60 minutes", then he should.

tru dat.

Budkin
03-02-2011, 10:05 PM
It's probably just a factor of never playing anything but garbage time. How the hell is he supposed to improve? I mean he is an average player but he'd play better if he got subbed in more often.

realtimmyfan
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't worried. Quinn won't get much miniutes as long as Parker stays healthy.

gospursgojas
03-02-2011, 10:11 PM
If it wasn't for Quinn that 25pt lead would have been 35 points!

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
If the FO doesn't want to bring anybody, that's fine.

Who though? Brewer would not have helped the PG problem and all the available PGs are worse than Quinn.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Who though? Brewer would not have helped the PG problem and all the available PGs are worse than Quinn.

The only one who's debatably worse is Temple.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 10:20 PM
The only one who's debatably worse is Temple.

Arroyo is worse.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 10:22 PM

It's debatable. I personally think that for the vet min (200k, IIRC) you can try renting Arroyo or bring in Temple and see what happens. We have the roster spot and it's chump change in the big scheme of things.

Like I said, if you want to convince me none of those options are better than Quinn, no problem. Just play Hill instead.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Arroyo is pretty bad, but he started 42 games for one of the top teams in the league this season, and played a moderate 20mpg. If anything, he has been playing.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Arroyo is worse.

Opinion stated as fact carries no weight, no matter how many times you repeat it. In addition, you don't have to get rid of one to acquire the other, so the Spurs can find out. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would be opposed to it.

EricB
03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Opinion stated as fact carries no weight, no matter how many times you repeat it. In addition, you don't have to get rid of one to acquire the other, so the Spurs can find out. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would be opposed to it.

Because its a third string PG position, and in all reality Arroyo isn't gonna be that big a deal.

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Because its a third string PG position, and in all reality Arroyo isn't gonna be that big a deal.

Not right now it isn't.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Opinion stated as fact carries no weight, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Saying that all available PGs are better than Quinn and Temple is a fact?

In addition, you don't have to get rid of one to acquire the other, so the Spurs can find out. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would be opposed to it.

I'm not opposed to it if Arroyo would be willing to "try out" on a 10 day or something. I just don't see it happening. I assume the PG position is probably the most difficult to learn on the fly in the Spurs' system. By the time Arroyo "gets it" enough make a difference Parker will be back. In the meantime, you have two 3rd string PGs who can't execute the offense or defend their position.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I think the solution is to split PG minutes between Manu, Hill and Neal and give Anderson more minutes at SG/SF. Hell, give Jeffers a few minutes, too.

jeebus
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Spurs haven't had a decent back up since Speedy Claxton, unless I'm forgetting someone.

ElNono
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I think the solution is to split PG minutes between Manu, Hill and Neal and give Anderson more minutes at SG/SF. Hell, give Jeffers a few minutes, too.

That would work...

Obstructed_View
03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Saying that all available PGs are better than Quinn and Temple is a fact?
Who said that? I said the only available PG that's debatably worse than Quinn is Temple. If you'd like to pull up stats to compare Quinn and Arroyo to see who's a better bet for a backup then be my guest.

MaNu4Tres
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM

That's what I've been trying to say ever since Tony went down.

Good to know there's other people that get it.

ohmwrecker
03-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Who said that? I said the only available PG that's debatably worse than Quinn is Temple.

What's the difference? That still sounds like everyone else is better than Quinn and Temple.

If you'd like to pull up stats to compare Quinn and Arroyo to see who's a better bet for a backup then be my guest.

I just did (for shits and giggles) and it's not that conclusive. Whatever slight advantage Arroyo may have over Quinn is negated by the fact that Quinn has been here for most of the season and knows the system, regardless of his inability to run it effectively.

I don't really have a lot of interest in debating the issue though. It seems kind of pointless.

GrandeDavid
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I am new to SpursTalk, but have already noticed all the Sequ comments. What gives?

Just place Sequ on your ignore list and you won't question your intelligence and sanity for being here.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2011, 11:37 PM
:lol As I said when he was signed, which should have been evident to everybody, Quinn is a borderline NBA player..I still have no idea why half the forum thought he was a decent player..

His appeal is that he's "steady", because he doesn't take any risks..he doesn't take any risks, because when he does, he messes up, due to lack of talent and ability..

As others have said, the guard rotation should be Hill/Manu/Neal/Anderson and give Jeffers a shot, at least he has some athleticism..

EricB
03-03-2011, 12:12 AM
The 12th man is a borderline NBA player.

What a shocking revelation...

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2011, 12:26 AM
A borderline NBA player that has already peaked, has no upside, and is on the downhill part of his "career"..

Playing a borderline player with some potential upside >> playing a borderline NBA player that has nowhere to go but down..

mexicanjunior
03-03-2011, 12:33 AM
The 12th man is a borderline NBA player.

What a shocking revelation...

Trying to improve your team regardless of their record.

What a novel concept...

Quinn is awful...I wish Jerrels was still here.

crc21209
03-03-2011, 12:41 AM
He is what he is.....our 3rd string PG. He wont matter when it comes to Playoff time anyway....

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 12:45 AM
The Bobcats called up Temple, so there's a moot point.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 12:49 AM
What's the difference? That still sounds like everyone else is better than Quinn and Temple.

I'm willing to go with that. I forget for the moment who else is available, but any first or second string NBA point guard is going to be better than Quinn or Temple. Being on the roster doesn't really mean anything if you can't get assists and can't play defense. If you pulled up the stats then it's pretty clear that Arroyo is far better than Quinn.

mikeanthony21
03-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm willing to go with that. I forget for the moment who else is available, but any first or second string NBA point guard is going to be better than Quinn or Temple. Being on the roster doesn't really mean anything if you can't get assists and can't play defense. If you pulled up the stats then it's pretty clear that Arroyo is far better than Quinn.

I think I'd rather see Jacques Vaughn re-activated than seeing Quinn on the floor again!

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 12:58 AM
I think I'd rather see Jacques Vaughn re-activated than seeing Quinn on the floor again!

I haven't seen Quinn play the last two games, but the thought has occurred to me in the last 24 hours. The meltdown would be legendary.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 01:00 AM
As others have said, the guard rotation should be Hill/Manu/Neal/Anderson and give Jeffers a shot, at least he has some athleticism..

Finally, another one that gets it.

:tu

mexicanjunior
03-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I haven't seen Quinn play the last two games, but the thought has occurred to me in the last 24 hours. The meltdown would be legendary.

I think people would welcome him back with open arms...

Did Scottie Reynolds get called up from the D-League?

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 01:10 AM
The Spurs should have picked up another PG. The guard position should not consist of overplaying Manu at the PG position and it certainly shouldn't consist of Gary Neal playing point. We tried that before and it failed miserably, not worth going down that road again. The Spurs are stuck with Quinn playing limited minutes until Tony gets back.

I'm not getting the "I told you so" posts, I don't remember anyone saying Quinn is a badass point guard. He is a typical 3rd PG and unfortunately having to get some PT due to injury.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 01:39 AM
The Spurs should have picked up another PG. The guard position should not consist of overplaying Manu at the PG position and it certainly shouldn't consist of Gary Neal playing point. We tried that before and it failed miserably, not worth going down that road again. The Spurs are stuck with Quinn playing limited minutes until Tony gets back.

I'm not getting the "I told you so" posts, I don't remember anyone saying Quinn is a badass point guard. He is a typical 3rd PG and unfortunately having to get some PT due to injury.

Manu would only have to play the "PG" position 15 minutes at most (worst case scenario against tough opponents/close games) in our proposed "best" scenario for the guard rotation.

That my friend is not overplaying Manu at the point guard position.

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 01:45 AM
It could be. He is clearly wearing down down at a pretty steady pace over the course of the season. Go look at the first month of the season compared to now and its pretty evident that he is not entirely the same player as what he was when he started the season. Doing anything to accelerate that process and make him tire out even quicker isn't the smartest thing to do (even if that means quinn gets some limited minutes). How we monitor Manu down the stretch of the season and during this unfortunate situation could very well determine our fate during the playoffs. It's pretty obvious that if we don't have our best Manu during the playoffs then this team has no shot.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Manu would only have to play the "PG" position 15 minutes at most (worst case scenario against tough opponents/close games) in our proposed "best" scenario for the guard rotation.

That my friend is not overplaying Manu at the point guard position.

Probably puts ten minutes on him. If you really think it's a better idea to play him 42 minutes a game than to bring in Arroyo on a ten day contract, then your concern for the finances of the Spurs is touching.

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm willing to sacrifice a couple W's and am for sure willing to accept Quinn getting some limited minutes if it helps guarantee the fact that we have a healthy Manu during the playoffs. Relying on Manu and increasing his load right now because Parker is out is the absolute wrong thing to do when its pretty evident that he is wearing down with the load he has already been carrying this season.

Spurs fans are beginning to forget that Health>HCA although we are in a nice position to get/have both.

TE
03-03-2011, 02:05 AM
You are saying something perhaps the entire spur fan base in existent knows.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 02:06 AM
It could be. He is clearly wearing down down at a pretty steady pace over the course of the season. Go look at the first month of the season compared to now and its pretty evident that he is not entirely the same player as what he was when he started the season. Doing anything to accelerate that process and make him tire out even quicker isn't the smartest thing to do. How we monitor Manu down the stretch of the season and during this unfortunate situation could very well determine our fate during the playoffs. It's pretty obvious that if we don't have our best Manu during the playoffs then this team has no shot.

I'm not talking about about Manu's regression as of late. That has nothing to do with my argument. My argument is to put the best players on the floor, giving the Spurs the best chance to win ballgames while Tony is out. That scenario doesn't include Quinn taking minutes away from Anderson and even Neal to a lesser extent.

And Manu playing more minutes at the guard slot that is labeled point guard, won't tire or wear him down any more than when he plays the SG spot; since his responsibilities are always the same by being the facilitator and creator or "captain" in half-court sets (especially when Tony is not on the floor). By the way, being the facilitator and creator in half-court sets is typically a major responsibility of "true" point guards; which is something Quinn is not (FWIW).

All in all, taking away some of Manu's minutes at the labeled SG slot for Neal/Anderson and giving a little more minutes to Manu at the labeled PG position would be an ideal scenario that gives the Spurs the best chance to win ball games (from the wing/guard rotation perspective).

FWIW- In the end of this proposed scenario, since you are convinced I'm trying to say Manu should play 40 minutes a night; Manu would play relatively the same amount of minutes since his minutes at the 3 and 2 would slightly decline in favor of giving Anderson and Neal more run over Quinn.

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 02:16 AM
I see what you are saying and it makes sense to an extent. There are plenty of times where Manu is on the floor though at the 2 or 3 position where he is not being the main facilitator/creator in the offense and is giving those responsibilities up to the likes of Hill or someone. Every minute Manu is on the court he isn't necessarily being our true PG like you are saying (there are plenty of times where he doesn't even touch the ball during the possession when playing the 2 or 3) and expecting him to start being our facilitator/creator on every single play while he is on the court is indeed increasing his workload/responsibilities without necessarily increasing his minutes.

Beau
03-03-2011, 02:38 AM
That MaNu4Tres cat be fuckin y'all's world up and shit.

Chris Quinn is a third-string point guard. Cat shouldn't see the court unless there's a blowout in the game or unless the two cats in front lose their knees in a boating accident - on the court.

He is white and from Indiana though. He's a pretty tough kid, too. Can't say I don't get a laugh out of seeing Pop throw out his Whiteyball lineup. Funny shit.

G-Dawgg
03-03-2011, 02:50 AM
At this point I would rather have Sequ running the point. Quinn is a disaster. Get us Temple, Arroyo, literally anybody, I don't care. This guy cannot run a team at all. He's basically an undersized two, and can just stand in the corners and shoot wide open jumpers if Manu is creating, but that's about it. He can't run any sets, he can't run a Pick-and-roll, he can't do anything. If he's the point guard the team literally never, ever gets anything resembling a quality shot.

Also, he SUCKS on defense.

That is all.

Give him a break...Tiago Splitter sucks too but everybody seems to have a hardon for him...
Quinn is fine for a 3rd stringer..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Quinn was awful today, and he is a marginal player (mostly because he's an open door on D). I had some respect for what he did in his first few games here, but he was exposed again today, and it should be for the final time.

WTF are we doing ignoring Garrett Temple? Kid KICKED ARSE when he filled in last year. Bring Temple back for fucksake.

:ihit

Dex
03-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Quinn was awful today, and he is a marginal player (mostly because he's an open door on D). I had some respect for what he did in his first few games here, but he was exposed again today, and it should be for the final time.

WTF are we doing ignoring Garrett Temple? Kid KICKED ARSE when he filled in last year. Bring Temple back for fucksake.

:ihit

1) Temple had his chance at the start of the season, and he didn't capitalize on it. The only people who get second chances from Pop are Bonner and Finley.

2) He's already has been called up by the Bobcats.

UnWantedTheory
03-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Quinn=GOAT

UnWantedTheory
03-03-2011, 03:17 AM
I am definitely Anti Anti Quinn...or sumpin like dat.

3rd string PG for fuck's sake!

tuncaboylu
03-03-2011, 03:50 AM
We should upgrade our back-up SF before 3rd string PG. Guys who is the 3rd PG of Lakers and Boston?

m33p0
03-03-2011, 04:24 AM
:lol hating on the last guard off the bench.

Bruno
03-03-2011, 06:05 AM
I don't get some of you.

It's not because you are the 3rd string PG that you have a free pass to be horrible. Having limited expectations is different than having no expectations. Back in November/December, Quinn played at a good level for a 3rd stringer. Right now, it isn't the case and there is nothing wrong at saying it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-03-2011, 06:53 AM
1) Temple had his chance at the start of the season, and he didn't capitalize on it. The only people who get second chances from Pop are Bonner and Finley.

2) He's already has been called up by the Bobcats.

1) was a pity. Kid can play. He proved that last year. Should have been given a longer leash.

2) is a bit of a fly in the ointment! :lol

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
That MaNu4Tres cat be fuckin y'all's world up and shit.

Chris Quinn is a third-string point guard. Cat shouldn't see the court unless there's a blowout in the game or unless the two cats in front lose their knees in a boating accident - on the court.

He is white and from Indiana though. He's a pretty tough kid, too. Can't say I don't get a laugh out of seeing Pop throw out his Whiteyball lineup. Funny shit.

I'm pretty sure he was second to Lebron James for player of the year in high school, which would make him from Ohio.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't get some of you.

Likewise, some people just don't know how to win.

Spurs Brazil
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't get some of you.

It's not because you are the 3rd string PG that you have a free pass to be horrible. Having limited expectations is different than having no expectations. Back in November/December, Quinn played at a good level for a 3rd stringer. Right now, it isn't the case and there is nothing wrong at saying it.

:tu

cheguevara
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't get some of you.

are you seriously comparing garbage minutes to prime time minutes???

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM

The whole reason for having a third string point guard is so you have a backup when someone gets hurt. Are you seriously not getting the point that he's regressed? He played garbage minutes the last two nights as well and didn't suddenly turn back into a decent player.

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
:lol this isn't about defending Quinns basketball skills. Everyone on the board knows the guy sucks and the Spurs should have done a better job when signing a 3rd string PG. Fact is, Making Manu shoulder more of the load when its clear he has his hands full with the load he's carrying already is the wrong thing to do and trying to turn Neal into some PG mid-season is also the wrong thing to do (see RMJ) therefore we are stuck with Quinn getting minutes so stop bitching about it.

Beau
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty sure he was second to Lebron James for player of the year in high school, which would make him from Ohio.

Meh... Notre Dame kid from Ohio, same difference. Midwest whiteboy. Tough, heady player whose skill level just isn't all that at the NBA level.

Smallball to Whiteball. Funny shit.

cheguevara
03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
The whole reason for having a third string point guard is so you have a backup when someone gets hurt. Are you seriously not getting the point that he's regressed? He played garbage minutes the last two nights as well and didn't suddenly turn back into a decent player.

again, you are comparing his production in garbage time to prime time. You don't think there is a flaw there??

wontstartdumbthreads
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
In this case, the title "Chris Quinn is Effing Terrible" says it all. No need for a thread.

I could have just said "+1". or "your mom is effing terrible".

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 03:53 PM
:lol this isn't about defending Quinns basketball skills. Everyone on the board knows the guy sucks and the Spurs should have done a better job when signing a 3rd string PG. Fact is, Making Manu shoulder more of the load when its clear he has his hands full with the load he's carrying already is the wrong thing to do and trying to turn Neal into some PG mid-season is also the wrong thing to do (see RMJ) therefore we are stuck with Quinn getting minutes so stop bitching about it.

Fact is, that is not a fact. Fact is, that is your opinion (one which I don't agree with).

You still don't get it.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
again, you are comparing his production in garbage time to prime time. You don't think there is a flaw there??

No. Earlier in the year he was decent in any time he got. Now he stinks, even in garbage time. He's not as good as he was, which is even worse than if he were always bad.

DesignatedT
03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Fact is, that is not a fact. Fact is, that is your opinion (one which I don't agree with).

You still don't get it.

You can increase Manu's workload and responsibilities without increasing his minutes. He doesn't need to be anymore responsible or involved now then how he was when Tony was healthy.

I get what you are saying just fine. Maybe you still don't get it.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
You can increase Manu's workload and responsibilities without increasing his minutes. He doesn't need to be anymore responsible or involved now then how he was when Tony was healthy.

I get what you are saying just fine. Maybe you still don't get it.

You act like Neal or Hill never get screens in pick and roll opportunities. They do pretty frequently whether Tony or Manu is on the court. Especially after Tony or Manu are trapped or hedged pretty hard early in the shot clock.

You really are hilarious. And you still don't get it..tbh

You make it sound like I'm saying everytime down the court Manu's number should be called even after getting hedged and contested the initial PnR opportunity in the half-court set. That is not what I'm implying or saying, you still don't get it.

What I am saying is Manu getting more minutes at the slotted PG spot, to free up more minutes for Neal and Anderson. Of course in the duration of the game, Manu isn't going to be the only one with the ball working tirelessly the full 24 seconds on the shot clock. The game of basketball doesn't allow that to happen because the game is full of adjustments on both ends of the court, and those adjustments lead to other players having to make plays regardless of whose the first option (which Manu would be regardless of position SG or PG).

You really don't have a clue. Just because Manu would play more minutes at PG doesn't mean he's going 1 on 5 every time down the court(which is what you're implying by thinking Manu would have to work so much harder). The defensive adjustments which leads to offensive adjustments won't allow that to happen and never do, which makes others like Neal, Hill, TD, Blair, Bonner and even Jefferon make plays on occasion (some more than others).

Manu playing at the slotted PG spot would just free up more minutes for Neal and Anderson.

TD 21
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
So long as it's within' reason, you play your best talent. It's not at all unreasonable to have Ginobili and Neal play backup PG in tandem, so as to allow for Anderson to be in the rotation, instead of Quinn. Anderson is bigger, more athletic, better defensively, as good, if not better a shooter and a better all around scorer. He's also someone who could be needed in the playoffs, but has limited experience. With Parker injured, the time is now to continue his indoctrination and continue to let him work his way back into game shape.

The thing is, I could halfway understand playing Quinn over Anderson if Quinn were actually running the team and relieving Ginobili of some of the ball handling/play making responsibilities when they're in together. But he's not. He's essentially playing SG on offense and he can't defend, so it's not like he's in for his defense.

The last two teams the Spurs need to play a second true PG against are the next two on their schedule, since they're both weak at PG. It's not like they'd have to worry about Neal getting burned by Chalmers/Bibby or Fisher/Blake off the dribble. He can easily defend them and inserting Anderson into the rotation will allow the Spurs to have more size and athleticism on the wings, which will allow them to better match up with the big, strong wings on the Heat and Lakers.

Bruno
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM

I'm not.
In December, he played "prime time minutes" when Hill was out and he did a way better job than now.

Canibspur
03-03-2011, 08:13 PM
So can we cut him and sign Arroyo or WTF? I havent paid much attention to where Carlos will end up but if he could run Jerry Sloans team, surely he can at least play spot duty over the next 2-4 weeks.

MaNu4Tres
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
So long as it's within' reason, you play your best talent. It's not at all unreasonable to have Ginobili and Neal play backup PG in tandem, so as to allow for Anderson to be in the rotation, instead of Quinn. Anderson is bigger, more athletic, better defensively, as good, if not better a shooter and a better all around scorer. He's also someone who could be needed in the playoffs, but has limited experience. With Parker injured, the time is now to continue his indoctrination and continue to let him work his way back into game shape.

The thing is, I could halfway understand playing Quinn over Anderson if Quinn were actually running the team and relieving Ginobili of some of the ball handling/play making responsibilities when they're in together. But he's not. He's essentially playing SG on offense and he can't defend, so it's not like he's in for his defense.

The last two teams the Spurs need to play a second true PG against are the next two on their schedule, since they're both weak at PG. It's not like they'd have to worry about Neal getting burned by Chalmers/Bibby or Fisher/Blake off the dribble. He can easily defend them and inserting Anderson into the rotation will allow the Spurs to have more size and athleticism on the wings, which will allow them to better match up with the big, strong wings on the Heat and Lakers.

Another one who gets it. :tu

dallaskd
03-03-2011, 08:36 PM
You won't find a better player than him in the D League

Antonio Daniels

Obstructed_View
03-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Antonio Daniels

MaNu4Tres
03-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Antonio Daniels

Jim's restaurant may agree, but I certainly don't.