PDA

View Full Version : Amare vs DROB

Sii
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
what would that matchup have been like? not a knock on Duncan but I think Davids quickness and better defense that Duncan has would have caused Amare tons of problems

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Dave was a better defender but tonight Amare was in a zone.

To answer your question, yes I think Robinson would have been a tougher matchup for Amare. This is not saying DRob would have completely shut him down though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Not to take anything away from Amare, but it's easy to zone when you get as many steps as you need to get around your defender.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Not to take anything away from Amare, but it's easy to zone when you get as many steps as you need to get around your defender.

Good...so I wasn't the only one who saw that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
David would have fouled out Amare. DRob knew how to take a charge. I think if Duncan felt like taking any, he'd have done the same.

PM5K
06-01-2005, 11:39 PM
People are getting carried away when that was the gameplan all along.

Two guys can't beat you, you need guys like Johnson/Marion/Richardson to beat a well balanced Spurs team and the Spurs knew that. Steve and Amare played well pretty much the entire series and the guys mentioned above did not because we played them straight up and didn't give up open threes, had we doubled Amare he likely would have scored less but we would have opened up the floor for their three point shooters, I don't know what difference that would have made in the outcome of the series but we knew two guys couldn't beat us.

Not only that but Tim had to be more and more passive as he got at least two bogus calls against him, he has a lot more to do than just score, he has to defend as well.

Amare's game would be quite different if he played some real defense...