PDA

View Full Version : BYU's Brandon Davies dismissed for violating honor code (i.e., having sex)

DMX7
03-03-2011, 01:52 AM
(already posted but in wrong forum)

Provo • BYU center Brandon Davies was suspended from the Cougars’ nationally ranked team for the remainder of the season because he violated the school’s honor code provision that prohibits premarital sex, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

Davies, a sophomore from Provo High School, acknowledged his transgression to BYU officials on Monday, according to multiple sources.

After BYU’s stunning 82-64 loss to New Mexico on Wednesday night, Cougars coach Dave Rose addressed Davies’ dismissal for the first time, saying, “I think it was a surprise to everyone.”

Asked whether he believes Davies will play basketball for BYU again, Rose said, “yeah, I do.”

On Tuesday, the school owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, announced Davies had been dismissed from the team but was being allowed to remain in school while his situation was under review by the Honor Code Office.

BYU spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said Davies’ suspension from the team was for the remainder of the season and that his future at the school has yet to be determined.

Two of Davies’ teammates, Jimmer Fredette and Charles Abouo, said Wednesday night after the loss that they stand behind their former teammate and have no resentment towards him, saying they consider him a brother.

“Everyone makes mistakes in their life,” Abouo said. “We are reaching out and trying to help him get through this.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/51348870-88/davies-byu-code-honor.html.csp#

Halberto
03-03-2011, 02:57 AM
:lol

I know a girl who has fucked a minimum of 8 UT basketball players in the past 4 years. She would have got half of our team suspended if UT went by that policy. :lol

Sisk
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
What a filthy whore.

JMarkJohns
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
The rule is dated and silly, but if you go to BYU, completely expected. Want to have sex while in college without ramification, go to a school like Washington (I see you Venoy "no means yes" Overton) or any other non-religious university.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
So I guess Davies was so guilt-ridden that he rolled off her and went and told the AD?

symple19
03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
lmao @ mormons

CubanMustGo
03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Not only do the bozos in charge of BYU say you can't screw around, they also say you can't drink ... tea or coffee. Get the fuck out of the 19th century already.

Obstructed_View
03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Not only do the bozos in charge of BYU say you can't screw around, they also say you can't drink ... tea or coffee. Get the fuck out of the 19th century already.

Banging 12 year olds? Only if you marry them first.

MannyIsGod
03-03-2011, 07:30 PM
We would have beat them with or without Davies just like we did earlier in the season.

The Reckoning
03-04-2011, 02:16 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:spless::spless::spless::spless::spless::spless:

DONT TOUCH!!!!!

ITS A RUSSIAN VIRUS!!!!!

THE SITE IS CONTAMINATED!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:spless::spless::spless::spless::spless::spless: