PDA

View Full Version : NBA Forum Poster Of The Month

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 02:01 AM
In an attempt to help raise the bar here, I'm going to steal a page from the legendary mouse's playbook and give out monthly NBA Forum awards. If you want recognition, step up your games.

POTM for February is........Kyle Orton. His combination of insightful discussion, sharp wit, and world class trolling make him the obvious choice for February.

HONORABLE MENTION
Axe Murderer
Phillip
HarlemHeat37
Koolaid Man
redzero

Worst Poster of February goes to rayrayjohnson.

Congrats to all posters honored last month.

redzero
03-04-2011, 02:04 AM
rayjayjohnson is quickly becoming the third side of the Koolaid_Man, cheguevara shit thread making trifecta.

Beau
03-04-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm calling my shot. Next month, it's Beau Time...

Venti Quattro
03-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Why didn't I win anything :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Agreed.

Kyle Orton seemed to misplace his vagina mid-Feb (thank Christ) and made a strong showing the rest of the month.

If Harlem spends more time JJ-ing the NBA Forum and less time BJ-ing Lebron, my money's on him in March. The rise he got outta Flo was fucking legendary.

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm calling my shot. Next month, it's Beau Time...

tbh your sig alone makes you the early frontrunner for March. Keep up the good work and you're a shoe in.

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Oh, and just as an aside, this list loses some cred w/ Kool on it. You should fix that.

Splits
03-04-2011, 02:09 AM
You know how that makes me feel?

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/akelch/boshcry.gif

Beau
03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
tbh your sig alone makes you the early frontrunner for March. Keep up the good work and you're a shoe in.

I'm really, extremely proud of my sister. She works extremely hard at her craft.

ST's Debate Judge
03-04-2011, 02:18 AM
In an attempt to help raise the bar here, I'm going to steal a page from the legendary mouse's playbook and give out monthly NBA Forum awards. If you want recognition, step up your games.

POTM for February is........Kyle Orton. His combination of insightful discussion, sharp wit, and world class trolling make him the obvious choice for February.

HONORABLE MENTION
Axe Murderer
Phillip
HarlemHeat37
Koolaid Man
redzero

Worst Poster of February goes to rayrayjohnson.

Congrats to all posters honored last month.

As ST's official debate judge I will break down your selections with official commentary on the side.

Kyle Orton was a solid choice and it was pretty obvious that this would be the route you chose. Rarely does anybody at ST come by with such a good combination of trolling, basketball knowledge, and blatant racism.

Other nominees that could've been eligible include: Axe Murderer, DPG92120, and JamStone

Axe Murderer came out of nowhere and posts some very solid bball takes with the combination of funny trolling. Occasionally, you wonder if a screw or two might be loose with him though.

DPG gets some recognition because he was one of the few that can revive threads that seem to be headed nowhere unless it's a koriwhat shitfest. The mod schtick is pretty funny too.

JamStone is like the Tim Duncan of the NBA Forum. Such great class and always going under the radar yet gets the job done everytime. Well done.

It's also good to see Koolaid_Man get some love as well. As you all know, he dropped a bomb shell earlier this week by giving us, well, a rare coherent thread. Not sure if this is just an anomaly or if this is actually a sign of improvement. We all know a broken clock will still give you the right time twice a day. We will wait and see with him. This next month is huge as far as his development goes.

As for worst poster of the month, I'm gonna have to go with MiamiHeat in a landslide. His argument of "Bosh>Amare because I fucking said so" is one of the worst takes in the history of the NBA forum and produces such a douchiness that even Obstructed View would be envious of. This was after people pulled up one dumb quote after another from him. Like Veterinarian said "If we're going to just start pulling up retarded MiamiHeat quotes, we're gonna be here for awhile."

Well guys, that's all I got this week. Feel free to agree or disagree but I don't want anybody getting too asshurt over it.

jjktkk
03-04-2011, 02:19 AM
I'm really, extremely proud of my sister. She works extremely hard at her craft.

She is a beauty.

DJ Mbenga
sons i wouldnt count out harlem preach. he had a nice start, but koolaid man will be a strong candidate as always

redzero

It must take lots of practice for Ashlyn Rae to fill all holes at once.

Booharv
I'm going to sound like a nitpicking annoyance, but its spelled "shoo-in" fwiw. Wouldn't have said anything but that's like the third time I've seen it spelled "shoe in" today.

Oh, and just as an aside, this list loses some cred w/ Kool on it. You should fix that.

I assumed that was some kind of joke.

Beau
03-04-2011, 02:24 AM
It must take lots of practice for Ashlyn Rae to fill all holes at once.

Not to mention the grueling hours she puts in. She's a tireless worker. She's got such a kind, giving heart. Just a real giver.

The family's extremely proud.

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 02:24 AM

Well i understand he's a shitty poster, and 11 months out of 12 he'd be a frontrunner for worst poster. But he deserves recognition at least for the massive amount off butthurtness he generates. I havent seen GNSF so butthurt over anything since game 1 of Mavs-Spurs in 09 when the Mav Krew trolled the shit out of the Spurs Forum to the point where most of us are still banned from the penthouse upstairs.

redzero
03-04-2011, 02:30 AM
It amazes me how people still respond to Koolaid_Man. All of his threads consist of paragraphs in bold for no reason, and a YouTube video of some 90's R'n'B song. People should have stopped reading his threads long ago.

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Well i understand he's a shitty poster, and 11 months out of 12 he'd be a frontrunner for worst poster. But he deserves recognition at least for the massive amount off butthurtness he generates. I havent seen GNSF so butthurt over anything since game 1 of Mavs-Spurs in 09 when the Mav Krew trolled the shit out of the Spurs Forum to the point where most of us are still banned from the penthouse upstairs.

Since when is trolling GNSF hard?

imo the type of long-winded trolling that Kool posts on a daily basis simply proves how hard he hasta' try, and how shitty he really is. Less is more, which is why DPG is such an effective troll.

If you hafta write a fucking dissertation just to rile up some butthurt from a few Grays, you're NOT a solid troll. You're just a faggot w/ too much time (and, undoubtedly, someone else's semen) on your hands.

Beau
03-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Koolaid's gotta be one of the most entertaining wiggers since Vanilla.

DJ Mbenga
03-04-2011, 02:37 AM
at least koolaid man is entertaining. 21 dickings is just annoying

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM
at least koolaid man is entertaining.

no!!!!!!!!!

Beau
03-04-2011, 02:39 AM
If you hafta write a fucking dissertation just to rile up some butthurt from a few Grays, you're NOT a solid troll. You're just a faggot w/ too much time (and, undoubtedly, someone else's semen) on your hands.

QFT

He's got that time because my sister had to get a restraining order. Not for her, but her coworkers. Koolaid and his boys turned fluffing into finishing - bad for business...

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Lay off my nigga rayray

JamStone
03-04-2011, 02:54 AM
I honestly never knew it was actually "shoo-in."

Learn something new everyday.

rayjayjohnson
03-04-2011, 02:55 AM
It's okay 41, they just wanna be on deez nuts

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:56 AM

But they can't, 'cause #41 won't budge?

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2011, 02:58 AM

I know my nigga, just know I got ya back

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2011, 02:59 AM

*sniff* *sniff* I knew I smelled pussy

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 02:59 AM
I know my nigga, just know I got ya back...and ya lower front

jjktkk
03-04-2011, 03:02 AM

:lol

Beau
03-04-2011, 03:27 AM
*sniff* *sniff* I knew I smelled pussy

You're bound to smell it when your mom breastfeeds you vaginally.

Beau
03-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Seriously...

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldecjnvpoq1qcmnsoo1_250.jpg

who's coming in second?

LnGrrrR
03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm surprised 41 isn't on this list... In place of rayray :lol

Phillip
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I think there should be a nominee list, where people can vote, along with a choice for a write-in candidate. The public poll will account for 50% of the choosing process, while MK members (rulers of the MF'in NBA forum) account for the other 50%. That way we dont have stupid chink fucks overvoting for undeserving candidates.

Cry Havoc
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I think there should be a nominee list, where people can vote, along with a choice for a write-in candidate. The public poll will account for 50% of the choosing process, while MK members (rulers of the MF'in NBA forum) account for the other 50%. That way we dont have stupid chink fucks overvoting for undeserving candidates.

That's how the yearly awards work, at least how they worked last year when Blackjack ran things.

Phillip
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I say we have a thread/poll for Best Poster of the Month, and Worst Poster of the Month.

Worst Poster of the Month should get pinked for a month. Unfortunately, I doubt Kori would do that, and our only hope of it MAYBE happening (timvp) hasnt posted in like a decade. So we need to find some sort of punishment that non-mods can enforce against WPOTM winners.

ALVAREZ6
03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
at least koolaid man is entertaining. 21 dickings is just annoying

Koolaid entertains you?

:wtf :wtf :wtf

Banzai
03-04-2011, 01:13 PM
put me in the list..and all is good.

The Gemini Method
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Orton is pure class...the academy got it right with this selection fwiw.

ohmwrecker
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
This list is dubious at best with the inclusion of Koolaid. He needs to be ostracized and ignored, not encouraged.

lol "decent thread"

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I think people underestimate the workload that 'Jack went through to set up those Gold, Silver, Bronze awards. It was a ridiculous undertaking.

Tryin to do that monthly would simply be more work than it's worth. The fun/novelty of it all would quickly diminish...

Blackjack
03-04-2011, 01:41 PM
That's how the yearly awards work, at least how they worked last year when Blackjack ran things.

I think I had a bout 20 people I allowed to nominate 15 people for the All-SpursTalk teams. Just picked people across the spectrum that were OGs or really solid, consistent contributors to the board.

Probably the only way to do it, really. Get the nominees and then allow for a vote via the poll by the masses.

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Listen dickshits, this isn't a democracy. I run the awards. Step up your game and it will be recognized. Post like ass and that will also be recognized.

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
You'd prolly hear less rumblings if you simply removed a single name from tha list.

Hurts your cred for this list as well as any others you might throw together...

Kyle Orton
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the honor tbh. This, and John Fox confirming I'm still starter make it a great month.

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 01:47 PM
You'd prolly hear less rumblings if you simply removed a single name from tha list.

Hurts your cred for this list as well as any others you might throw together...

tbh you're right.

I'll take redzero off, I only put him on there because of Black History Month and figured at least one Negro ought to be on the list.

Fpoonsie
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
tbh you're right.

I'll take redzero off, I only put him on there because of Black History Month and figured at least one Negro ought to be on the list.

Glad we're on the same page tbh.

Blackjack
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
I think people underestimate the workload that 'Jack went through to set up those Gold, Silver, Bronze awards. It was a ridiculous undertaking.

Tryin to do that monthly would simply be more work than it's worth. The fun/novelty of it all would quickly diminish...

Even my Omnipotent ass didn't know what I had gotten into. SMGDH

But it'd be much easier with a monthly tabulation if you don't all the aesthetics and fluff monthly. If you just get the 15-20 posters' Top-5 weekly, all you've got to do is open a poll after tabulating the votes. mono can tabulate and run the thing however the hell he likes - you do the work ... you get to do what you want.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
fuckin bullshit

monosylab1k
03-04-2011, 02:05 PM
She wears high heels, I wear sneakers, she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

badfish22
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I think we all saw the Taylor Swift shtick coming tbh

Blackjack
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Swift Justice, mono. ... Think about it.

It's all about merchandising . . .

Beau
03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I. Am. Legend...

ginobili's bald spot
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
+1 to my nigg K.O. winning POTM. Always a solid choice.

If Harlem spends more time JJ-ing the NBA Forum and less time BJ-ing Lebron, my money's on him in March. The rise he got outta Flo was fucking legendary.

Also +1 to this.

tlongII
03-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Do you get a trophy for POTM? I don't think so...

I'm going for the LOB trophy for posters. Poster of the Year.

:lobt:

:smokin

# 1 Troll
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
you all are faggots. that is all

Beau
03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
you all are faggots. that is all

Shame. You had so much more to offer...

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
" neal with it" lol

Beau
03-04-2011, 05:07 PM
" neal with it" lol

:tu

rayray would be proud. :)

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Good thread..I agree with the DOK pick, a nice return, tbh..I agree with the honorable mentions, although Harlem doesn't need to be written, he's a staple in this type of thread..

BlackJack's work definitely deserves a lot of credit, the awards altered the history of SpursTalk..this forum has thrived since Kori applied the medal icon near HarlemHeat's name..

BTW, I like the new shtick Mono, tbh, random and creative..

BlackSwordsMan
03-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Axe Murderer should have won.

jjktkk
03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Axe Murderer should have won.

This. Mono could really contribute, but he seems lazy and just want to cpoy and paste shit. Axe can talk sports and also troll with some funny shit.

rayjayjohnson
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Yawn. Thread does not deliver.

#41 is a better troll than all of you combined. Talent respects talent.

Kyle Orton
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
lol rayray butthurt no one likes him or his team and another Nuggets fan was picked over him

MavDynasty
03-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Tbh axes posting style reminds me of BUMP

monosylab1k
03-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Mid-Month Standings are out a little early,

for March, the current leaders in the clubhouse are...

1. midnightpulp
2. Beau
3. Kyle Orton
4. monosylab1k
5. Culburn

Kyle Orton
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Tbh, DPG should be up there for sending kool to the tree of woe.

midnightpulp
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM

1. midnightpulp
2. Beau
3. Kyle Orton
4. monosylab1k
5. Culburn

Already feeling the pressure from Beau and Kyle.

How about for worst poster?

monosylab1k
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
current worst poster standings:

1. history2b
2. Koolaid Man
3. rayrayjohnson
4. Obstructed View
5. Tyson Chandler

monosylab1k
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM

He's on the cusp of the top 5, for sure.

GoodOdor
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Already feeling the pressure from Beau and Kyle.

How about for worst poster?

kalftats haven't been posting, so you gotta go with:

1.any random GNSF from upstairs.
2.lefty
3.koolaids

Kyle Orton
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Obstructed_View is a solid choice and would be a contender for worst NBA forum poster if he posted in the NBA forum more often.

lol Tim Duncan all NBA 2nd team.

Greg Oden
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
tbh I was hoping he would respond to my ESPN comment last night but I guess he didn't see it :(

Booharv
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM

1. midnightpulp
2. Beau
3. Kyle Orton
4. monosylab1k
5. Culburn

These are mostly good. Beau is kinda meh imo. Jag's been pretty good this month in limited appearances. I have to be in the top 5 most anonymous/least ranked posters. I would dominate that shit.

LnGrrrR
03-11-2011, 02:51 PM

Tbh, it's not even halfway through the month and I think DPG and Mid have "co-MVP" awards locked up.

Beau
03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
These are mostly good. Beau is kinda meh imo. Jag's been pretty good this month in limited appearances. I have to be in the top 5 most anonymous/least ranked posters. I would dominate that shit.

Your avatar, my sig... a man has to know who his base is, the type of people he should be concerned with.

But Midnight all but nuked my POTM campaign when he put Brenda and Donna's dicks in h2b and Kool's suckholes.

Fuck!

midnightpulp
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I think Luva might've gave himself a chance to sneak into the worst standings with this butthurt post:

Shit runs down hill brotha. I'll tell ya... these spurs fans can't stand us being ok top taking a shit. They talk about us using the terms we and us when referring to our team yet they are much more personal with their team. Example... when you are new and you've ruffled their feathers a bit, they rush out into the cyber world like midnight thieves to find personal info about you. They lose a ton of sleep laboring over pointless issues that has nothing to do with basketball just to combat Lakerfan. Stick around... you'll see. Make no mistake about it... it has nothing to do with us... It's all because Kobe has redeemed himself from the crypt that they thought they held the key to. Theyre pathetic.

Listen... you hear that silence? Kobe was the greatest rapist in the world prior to them hiring that Neal pervert. Duncan 4 Kobe 3 was the order of the day until Kobe caught him and passed his broke down ass up. Their new slogan is "Kobe was the sidekick." This is all fun with most fanbases but they actually hold dear to this shit. They love their lil harmless house pet Lakerfan... believe me. Just look at that lame ass Piston forum over there. They once had a lame ass Queens forum as well. Pay these motherfuckers no mind... just keep shitting them.

John Basedow
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Obstructed_View is a solid choice and would be a contender for worst NBA forum poster if he posted in the NBA forum more often.

lol Tim Duncan all NBA 2nd team.

OV should get it for his spin-control meltdown on Sunday.

DPG21920
03-11-2011, 11:59 PM
He's on the cusp of the top 5, for sure.

:rolleyes

rayjayjohnson
03-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Yawn.

Kyle Orton is the faggiest faggot whoever fagged, and monosylabik has about as much credibility as I do.