PDA

View Full Version : Which bank do you think is the most evil?

Venti Quattro
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
In light of JP Morgan Chase & Co's run-in with Madoff & associates, which banks do you think are the most sinister and why

MannyIsGod
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
They're all fucking rotten. There's no such thing as "more" evil with these because its like comparing The Zodiac Killer, with Jeff Dohmer, with Charlie Manson.

boutons_deux
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
"They're all fucking rotten"

and they're all fucking untouchable, beyond the reach of the law, controlling/capturing/corrupting the law enforcers and the law makers.

Bradley Manning will probably be executed and Bidder70 ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-redford/bidder-70_b_831182.html

... will go to jail, but not one criminally fraudulent banker, or banker's criminally fraudulent lawyer whores, have any risk of going to jail or even fines.

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
My dealings with Chase on my mortgage (my mortgage got sold to them) have been beyond painful. They are unbelievably incompetent, will do NOTHING in writing (no letter response, no e-mail) and everything is on the phone with a different person every fucking time.

Spurminator
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
The Chase buyout of WaMu was very unfortunate. I had a couple of small WaMu accounts that went to Chase after the merge, and the difference from a customer service standpoint has been night and day.

MannyIsGod
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm currently with BBVA and they are OK. The customer service I have gotten has always been top notch which is why I stay with them. My only complaint is that as far as technology and cutting edge stuff goes they're a bit behind the curve and their website is a little less than intuitive.

When they get bigger I'm sure they'll turn into what the others are too.

Phenomanul
03-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm currently with BBVA and they are OK. The customer service I have gotten has always been top notch which is why I stay with them. My only complaint is that as far as technology and cutting edge stuff goes they're a bit behind the curve and their website is a little less than intuitive.

When they get bigger I'm sure they'll turn into what the others are too.

BBVA is associated with one of the largest World Banks... Grupo Santander IIRC... they are one of the wealthiest entities around.

MannyIsGod
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Their US division is seperate, I thought.

Winehole23
03-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure it serves analytical clarity at all to refer to banks as if they were demon-indwelt and to propose an award for most evil-est, but the sentiment is understandable.

boutons_deux
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
"serves analytical clarity"

bullshit. The analysis that banks are out to screw everybody is crystal clarity. And that situation is irremediable. Changing to local banks is happening to small degree, but in general, changing banks is such a pain that people stay with the TBTF monsters and fee'd to death.

Winehole23
03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I belong to a credit union. It's not a pain at all.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Credit union is the way to go.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
My dealings with Chase on my mortgage (my mortgage got sold to them) have been beyond painful. They are unbelievably incompetent, will do NOTHING in writing (no letter response, no e-mail) and everything is on the phone with a different person every fucking time.

Chase bought my mortgage too. Same experience.

boutons_deux
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Did somebody mention Chase?

The Shameful Performance of JP Morgan Chase Re: Madoff

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lenzner/contemptible-performance_b_828704.html?view=print

MannyIsGod
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Some credit unions are the way to go. Others that just grow and grow and grow are just as bad.

lefty
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
They're all fucking rotten

CubanMustGo
03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Some credit unions are the way to go. Others that just grow and grow and grow are just as bad.

I'll take my large and growing credit union, the one that has excellent rates and service and practically no fees to speak of, over any bank any day.