PDA

View Full Version : Anthony/Legler/Smith - WRONG/WRONG/WRONG

PM5K
06-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Looks like you picked the wrong horse to win tonight....

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-02-2005, 12:58 AM
I thought SAS picked the Spurs to win tonight?

ChumpDumper
06-02-2005, 12:59 AM
That was great -- did they say anything about that after the game? I was at a bar with the sound turned down.

:drunk

I thought SAS picked the Spurs to win tonight? No, they all picked the Suns tonight. SAS picked the Spurs for the series though.

Sense
06-02-2005, 12:59 AM
They picked the Spurs to win the series anyways..

Who cares.

PM5K
06-02-2005, 01:00 AM
No they all picked the Suns to win tonight, although SAS said something about being able to change his mind later on.....

I care, that's why I posted the fucking thread.

They did what none of them thought they could do, win all three games in Phoenix...

Tek_XX
06-02-2005, 01:03 AM
They didn't say much cept the Suns were 4th of the playoff teams remaining and they have the brightest of bright futures.....oh yeah Spurs move on.....now let's show Amare dunking the ball.

myhc
06-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't think I heard one analyst, writer, or reporter today pick the Spurs to win this game. Oh well, we shoved it back in their faces. On to the finals!

mavsfan1000
06-02-2005, 01:21 AM
I can't stand listening to these guys. They think they know so much and showing favoritism all over the place. To them it's all about Phoenix and Miami. That would be the perfect final to them. They always talk about Shaq and how dominant he is even at 75%. Stephen A. Smith says that San Antonio has no one who can stop him or slow him down. Isn't that why San Antonio got Mohammad?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Why does everyone get so bent out of shape about this?

The job of the talking heads on the game broadcasts and pre-game/half time shows is to hype the game and do whatever they can to keep the interest of the viewers.

If everyone came out and said "it's over", people are more likely to go find something else to watch. If they say "Phoenix is going to come back strong and win this to make it a series again", people are more likely to tune in.

There's a lot of stupid people out there watching pro sports, and they'll buy it a lot of the time if a media tool tells them they need to keep watching.

Just ignore it and get ready for the Finals. Sheesh.