PDA

View Full Version : Horry at the O2

Typical London Boy
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Decided at the last minute to go to the Nets/Raptors game at the O2 Arena in London today, what with it being the first ever regular season game outside of North America.

Things were ticking along nicely, when midway during the first quarter, they announced Robert Horry in the crowd - and not a millions miles away from where I was. The uneducated fans in attendance didn't seem to have a clue who he was, but I did my part and gave him a standing-o.

:flag:

But that wasn't enough. With a few beers in me, I had to tell Big Shot Bob just how awesome he is/was. So just before half-time, I made my way over to his section, but arrived just on the half-time whistle and realised he'd gone. I waited around during the interval for him to come back (and nabbing someone else's seat in the process), but he never did.

Disappointed not to meet the great man, but pretty cool he was there. The game itself was actually pretty good, considering both of them are out of playoff contention. A good night all 'round.

Splits
03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
He probably had bangers and mash or shepards pie at halftime and got so sick he couldn't return.

Typical London Boy
03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Seriously though, anybody know why he's actually in London in the first place?

Russ
03-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I made my way over to his section, but arrived just on the half-time whistle and realised he'd gone. I waited around during the interval for him to come back (and nabbing someone else's seat in the process), but he never did.

A bit of a Neville Chamberlain move by Horry, I'm afraid, my good man.

Well, cheerio, and all that. :)

Anonymous Cowherd
03-04-2011, 07:59 PM
a London-based Spurs fan?!

hello! me too!

Muser
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Glad I decided not to go.

Typical London Boy
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Glad I decided not to go.

Based on what?

Muser
03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Based on it being the Raptors and Nets.

Typical London Boy
03-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Based on it being the Raptors and Nets.

Wish I was like you.

GSH
03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Horry is being considered as the first coach of the London Bangers.

Russ
03-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Horry is being considered as the first coach of the London Bangers.

You mean Marc Bolan isn't available?

SenorSpur
03-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Decided at the last minute to go to the Nets/Raptors game at the O2 Arena in London today, what with it being the first ever regular season game outside of North America.

Things were ticking along nicely, when midway during the first quarter, they announced Robert Horry in the crowd - and not a millions miles away from where I was. The uneducated fans in attendance didn't seem to have a clue who he was, but I did my part and gave him a standing-o.

But that wasn't enough. With a few beers in me, I had to tell Big Shot Bob just how awesome he is/was. So just before half-time, I made my way over to his section, but arrived just on the half-time whistle and realised he'd gone. I waited around during the interval for him to come back (and nabbing someone else's seat in the process), but he never did.

Disappointed not to meet the great man, but pretty cool he was there. The game itself was actually pretty good, considering both of them are out of playoff contention. A good night all 'round.

Big props to you for having some much gumption - and so many beers.

Cheers! :toast

Typical London Boy
03-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Big props to you for having some much gumption - and so many beers.

Cheers! :toast

Thanks - can never go wrong with a few brewski's!