PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra is out after this season

DazedAndConfused
03-04-2011, 11:34 PM
The Big 3 will force him out, bottom line.

They will demand a veteran coach with a proven track record.

From what I'm seeing tonight, they don't have any direction whatsoever on the offensive or defensive end. The execution on both ends is falling well short of what should be expected from a team with this much star power and quality role players.

NRHector
03-04-2011, 11:35 PM

From what I'm seeing tonight, they don't have any direction whatsoever on the offensive or defensive end. The execution on both ends is falling well short of what should be expected from a team with this much star power and quality role players.Jackson anynone?

Pelicans78
I'm starting to agree. He's a good coach, but the Big 3 don't respect him. Time to bring back Riles.

Kyle Orton
Jeff, quit making worthless threads.

Spursfan092120
03-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Spoelstra is out after this game
fify

DMX7
Jackson anynone?

Pleaseee.... We all know who it's going to be.

http://nbaprimetime.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Pat-Riley2.jpg

Muser
big 3?

Kyle Orton
big 3?

Tbh it's more like big 2.5

ElNono
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
End of the season? More like end of the week...

it's me
03-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Tbh it's more like big 2.5

TBH it's more like big 1....(I count only 1 ring sorry)

Spursfan092120
03-04-2011, 11:51 PM
I hate watching Bosh play..why does a guy that tall and big settle for jumpshots?

Darrin
03-04-2011, 11:53 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/nba/06/22/knicks.coach/t1_brown_getty.jpg

Pelicans78
03-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I hate watching Bosh play..why does a guy that tall and big settle for jumpshots?

Because he's not strong enough to establish himself in the post and doesn't have a lot of post moves in his arsenal. He's a face-up scorer.

Darrin
03-04-2011, 11:54 PM

He reminds me of Charlie Villanueva. I hate his contract. If I were Pat Riley, I'd trade him.

Darrin
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
http://katcampbel1.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mike-brown.jpg

Donkeybong
03-04-2011, 11:56 PM
i hear sloan is free

Spursfan092120
He reminds me of Charlie Villanueva. I hate his contract. If I were Pat Riley, I'd trade him.
Yes..exactly..hate his style too

Because he's not strong enough to establish himself in the post and doesn't have a lot of post moves in his arsenal. He's a face-up scorer.
That and he can't play defense for shit. Why he was talked about as this HUGE signing for Miami I'll never know.

Darrin
http://ambasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/nelson-don.jpg

Donkeybong

lmao. After hearing him as an analyst on ESPN, it just confirmed what I expected. He is a retard

Darrin
http://www.subnews.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jerry-sloan.jpeg

Spursfan092120
03-04-2011, 11:57 PM
That could get scary...he's a hell of a coach...

Darrin
03-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Chris Bosh? I'd rather have Lamar Odom.

Spursfan092120
03-04-2011, 11:59 PM
http://media.silive.com/sportsstories/photo/ap-lebron-coach-k-krzyzewskijpg-4f60609735d02037_large.jpg

TIMMYtoZO
03-04-2011, 11:59 PM
:lmao:lmao Everyone counting the heat out. I will say this again. Do you guys realize how tough/impossible it will be to beat this team 4 times in a 7 game series?

You have the best defensive pg in the NBA in Chalmers. He is clutch. You also have two clutch playoff performers in Mike Bibby and Eddie House.

You have two of the best/clutchest superstars in Wade and Lebron.

You have killer shooting in James Jones and Mike Miller.

You have a top 10 pf in Bosh and an underrated one in Haslem.

You have a 3 Centers who provide different things in Anthony/Z/Dampier.

You have a coach who is proven. He did wonders the last few years with little talent.

:lmao:lmao these haters

Darrin
03-05-2011, 12:00 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0810/history.october31/images/lenny-wilkens.jpg

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:00 AM
:lmao:lmao Everyone counting the heat out. I will say this again. Do you guys realize how tough/impossible it will be to beat this team 4 times in a 7 game series?

You have the best defensive pg in the NBA in Chalmers. He is clutch. You also have two clutch playoff performers in Mike Bibby and Eddie House.

You have a coach who is proven. He did wonders the last few years with little talent.

:lmao
Gotta be a troll. who's hating? You're losing by 30 fucking points..lol..you have to be successful for someone to hate...you just blew a 24 point game last night and you're gonna lose by more than that tonight..thanks for playing.

j.dizzle
03-05-2011, 12:01 AM

You mad?

TIMMYtoZO
03-05-2011, 12:02 AM
:lmao
Gotta be a troll. who's hating? You're losing by 30 fucking points..lol..you have to be successful for someone to hate...you just blew a 24 point game last night and you're gonna lose by more than that tonight..thanks for playing.

Fluke loss. They gave away yesterdays game. Quit acting like your team is elite. :lol

Kyle Orton
03-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Neat pictures Darrin

Pelicans78
Since when is Lebron a clutch player?

STOP FOOOOOOLING YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin
http://media.silive.com/sportsstories/photo/ap-lebron-coach-k-krzyzewskijpg-4f60609735d02037_large.jpg

I fully expect the Heat to pursue him, but why would he jump to the NBA? He said in 2004 that the Lakers was his call to the NBA, he turned it down, and that was it. He would be at Duke until he retired.

Spursfan092120
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/mb/the_blacks_gala_arrivals_200409/dennis_rodman_2378651.jpg

Darrin
Neat pictures Darrin

Just trying to get to 5,000 posts :lol

mystargtr34
03-05-2011, 12:04 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/page2/photos/red_auerbach_84.jpg

TIMMYtoZO
You mad?

96-80. :lol

Spursfan092120
I fully expect the Heat to pursue him, but why would he jump to the NBA? He said in 2004 that the Lakers was his call to the NBA, he turned it down, and that was it. He would be at Duke until he retired.
Yeah..I think they'll try for him..but I don't see him leaving Duke either. Too much history there. How do you tell someone you're leaving them after they named their court after you?

TIMMYtoZO
03-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Spoelstra I didn't have faith in last summer, but I believe in him more now than ever. I can't believe spurs fans are pounding their chests over this fluke bullshit win. :lol

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Fluke loss. They gave away yesterdays game. Quit acting like your team is elite. :lol
yep...

http://forum.cheatengine.org/files/obvious_troll_652.jpg

Kyle Orton
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Izzo is the college coach they should go after, by far the best Xs and Os coach in college, and he's gotta be considering a change at this point. No matter how much he continues to do at Michigan State, it's a constant struggle for him to bring in recruits. They would be such a nasty offensive team with the set plays Izzo has.

Darrin
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM

You just made the paper argument of why they should be winning. You actually make the supporting cast sound better which is making these losses worse. Got 'em right where you want 'em, huh? Well, your team is trying and still can't win. This team won't do anything in the postseason. Book it.

TIMMYtoZO
03-05-2011, 12:09 AM
yep...

http://forum.cheatengine.org/files/obvious_troll_652.jpg

Sorry I am not impressed with your overrated team. Bron getting in foul trouble early? Only 12 points in the 1st? Dude that is nothing but luck. Heat D decided not to show up tonight. If the D had shown up, this game would have been different.

Darrin
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Izzo is the college coach they should go after, by far the best Xs and Os coach in college, and he's gotta be considering a change at this point. No matter how much he continues to do at Michigan State, it's a constant struggle for him to bring in recruits. They would be such a nasty offensive team with the set plays Izzo has.

It's rumored if fellow MSU graduate Tom Gores buys the Pistons, he would pursue Izzo. Not that the Miami Heat aren't ahead of the Pistons on that pecking order. I would be too worried that he'd lose what he has in college and be left out in the cold. He's not a guy who massages egoes.

Muser
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
When you get bukkaked by matt fucking bonner you should be quiet.

SenorSpur
03-05-2011, 12:11 AM
The Heat Big Three are a bag of punk-ass bitches.

They started complaining about the coach when they struggled early in the season. Never was there any accountability on the part of these players, for their own failings. Then suddenly, all the talk of a coaching change subsided after they went to Cleveland and kicked the crap out of the Cavs, which triggered their extended run. Now they're struggling again, and of course, it's the coaches fault.

This Heat team is shit because they're ignoring the "elephant in the room". Bosh is a soft forward, that wilts under pressure. James is a great player and triple-double machine, but not a clutch player. There's no way he should have the ball in his hands at the end of games. Wade is their closer, but because the coaching staff is hell-bent on keeping LeQuit happy, Wade has become nothing more than a spectator, who's forced into a complimentary role.

The Heat pranced and preened around Miami all summer. They proclaimed their arrival and their greatness. They talked about winning multiple championships, but apparently were not aware of the great journey that is required to get there. They mistook the free-agent championship for the NBA championship. Then they acted surprised when they discovered all they had done was place a gigantic target on their backs. You can't talk your way to a title.

The bottom line is this team is flawed and is poorly configured. They can't execute in half-court, they're not great outside shooters and have no rebounding or inside game whatsover. If you let them get out in transition, they're extremely dangerous. However, if you slow them down, they fold. The most telling indictment of the Heat is that they are mentally weak - and you can look no further than LeQuit, who sets the table for mental weakness.

As for Spoelstra, he's probably a goner. However, I submit to everyone that some of this is actually could be his fault. Looks to me that he gave LeQuit too much rope. LeQuit shouldn't be trying to coach the team. LeQuit shouldn't be designing plays to take advantage of the strengths of each player, and I don't know if he did or didn't, then he lost the battle before he started. If he cowered down, like Mike Brown, and allowed LeQuit to run roughshod over everyone, he's was already toast. Despite his massive ego, LeBron needs coaching and instruction. As hard as it may be for him to believe, he's doesn't know every goddamn thing about the game of basketball.

Ultimately, the Heat's underachievement will cost Spolestra his job.

ChuckD
03-05-2011, 12:11 AM

From what I'm seeing tonight, they don't have any direction whatsoever on the offensive or defensive end. The execution on both ends is falling well short of what should be expected from a team with this much star power and quality role players.

The defense is just effort, or lack of it. How's another coach going to fix that? Are you going to bench the Heatles, because they're three of the biggest culprits.

MavDynasty
03-05-2011, 12:13 AM
The people who disliked Bosh and Charlie V's game, do you dislike Dirks too? They are all face-up scorers but for some reason I too can't stand watching Bosh and Villanuevas game. Dirk though is a beauty imo.

just wondering tbh

Kyle Orton
03-05-2011, 12:14 AM
It's rumored if fellow MSU graduate Tom Gores buys the Pistons, he would pursue Izzo. Not that the Miami Heat aren't ahead of the Pistons on that pecking order. I would be too worried that he'd lose what he has in college and be left out in the cold. He's not a guy who massages egoes.

True his problems dealing with personalities could be an issue with all the egos on Miami, but my personal view is that in the NBA it shouldn't be the coach's job to get the players listening to him (of course it's not that simple). I only suggest Izzo because his halfcourt sets on offense would be nasty with Lebron and Wade.

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Sorry I am not impressed with your overrated team. Bron getting in foul trouble early? Only 12 points in the 1st? Dude that is nothing but luck. Heat D decided not to show up tonight. If the D had shown up, this game would have been different.
lol..if you're not a troll, you're an idiot. lol calling 51-11 overrated after blowing a huge lead last night and getting bent over tonight. 8 Spurs in double figures. Our defense made your boys our bitch tonight. The Miami meltdown begins...Bosh/DWade/Lebron will hate each other by the end of the season..book it.

IronMexican
03-05-2011, 12:15 AM
The people who disliked Bosh and Charlie V's game, do you dislike Dirks too? They are all face-up scorers but for some reason I too can't stand watching Bosh and Villanuevas game. Dirk though is a beauty imo.

just wondering tbh

Dirk is pretty good at getting space for some of his jumpers, and those nice runners that he banks off the window. Well, it's like a runner that turns into a fade away. But it helps him get space.

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:16 AM

just wondering tbh
No..I love Dirk's game, as hard as it is for me to say as a Spurs fan. Dirk can play defense. Dirk is clutch. Charlie V and Bosh are anti clutch. Maybe it's because Dirk came into the league as a shooter. We know he's a shooter. Maybe I can't explain it..but Charlie and Bosh irritate the shit out of me. I love watching Dirk play..except when he plays against the Spurs.

Kyle Orton

just wondering tbh

A lot of Dirk's game is turn-around jumpers created with his back to the basket. Also, the fact is Dirk's jumpers are WAY more efficient than Bosh or Charlie V's. Bosh and Charlie V are a case of two players athletic and big enough to get to the hoop at will but are lazy/feminine so they settle for jumpers.

Muser

just wondering tbh

That's because Dirk isn't a pussy.

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:17 AM
That's because Dirk isn't a pussy.

ducks
03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
heat 1-8 against lakers,spurs,boston, bulls

1-8 against top 5 teams

LOL HEAT
the win is on christmas against lakers when they wanted to be home with kids

TIMMYtoZO
03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
You just made the paper argument of why they should be winning. You actually make the supporting cast sound better which is making these losses worse. Got 'em right where you want 'em, huh? Well, your team is trying and still can't win. This team won't do anything in the postseason. Book it.

Define "won't do anything in the postseason" to me genius. Who in the east can beat them 4 times? Boston was the only team but that is no longer valid with them dealing Perkins/Robinson. Bulls lack playmakers. Magic are just chukers with a mentally weak bigman.

Again, Miami can only beat themselves. Don't expect that to last much longer.

Spursfan092120
03-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Define "won't do anything in the postseason" to me genius. Who in the east can beat them 4 times? Boston was the only team but that is no longer valid with them dealing Perkins/Robinson. Bulls lack playmakers. Magic are just chukers with a mentally weak bigman.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXgmETPNqkzyMk0lyIHA40Cc0abiy7y xA9RVWoqkiBxAGpE-EZ&t=1

ChuckD
03-05-2011, 12:36 AM

Rose says hello.

As for Orlando, after the game tonight, Id say you have a problem defending the 3 point line. A big problem.

Darrin
03-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Define "won't do anything in the postseason" to me genius.

2nd round knockout. You build a system to win and use the players you have to fill the roles. Then when the talents are able to fill that role, and then do some more on top of that, you are talking about a superstar on a winning team. They have no offensive scheme. They rely on getting fouled and running in transition. That doesn't effectively work in a seven-game series.

Who in the east can beat them 4 times? Boston was the only team but that is no longer valid with them dealing Perkins/Robinson. Bulls lack playmakers. Magic are just chukers with a mentally weak bigman.

Boston's defense will beat the Heat. They've done it three times this season. Chicago has better shooters and plays better defense than the Heat. Orlando is questionable, but did you watch last night's game? This is big-boy time, the stretch run to get hot for the postseason. The Heat lack more than a scheme. They lack the mental approach to this season to build chemistry and win. They are not cut-throat. They are not gym rats. They aren't leading players-only practices to build familiarity in the system. This isn't going to happen without effort. Even for talents like Lebron and Wade.

No, they have a weak scheme where everything can be taken away from them.

jjktkk
03-05-2011, 01:08 AM

:wow

BoricuaCJA
03-05-2011, 01:14 AM

just wondering tbh
Well Dirk is a better rebounder and defender than both of them. Dirk was not in the beginning of his career but has been for years now. Dirk also uses his body a lot more to create separation from the defender and since he is 7fter, his fadeaway is unstoppable. He is also just a much much better shooter especially from 3. Dirk is clutch(just not his teammates, Terry anyone?)

4>0rings
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM

http://i53.tinypic.com/14blqvn.jpg

crc21209
03-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Riles is lurking....

ezau
03-05-2011, 01:23 AM

just wondering tbh

LOL! Dirk is a killer. For over a decade, he's perhaps one of the most unguardable players I've seen save from TD and Kobe. TBH, Bosh doesn't have the smarts and arsenal of Dirk's game. If Bosh wants to be a game-changer sometime in the future, he should watch Dirk play.

Jt.ONE
03-05-2011, 01:30 AM
big 2.25

CubanMustGo
03-05-2011, 01:30 AM

Complete list of Miami Cheat Fluke Losses, 2010-'11 season

Tue Oct 26 @ Boston (http://www.nba.com/celtics/) L 80-88 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101026/MIABOS/boxscore.html) - c'mon, easy to lose opener
Fri Nov 05 @ New Orleans (http://www.nba.com/hornets/) L 93-96 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101105/MIANOH/boxscore.html) - hungover from visit to French Quarter
Tue Nov 09 vs Utah (http://www.nba.com/jazz/) L 114-116 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101109/UTAMIA/boxscore.html) - worried about souls of Mormons
Thu Nov 11 vs Boston (http://www.nba.com/celtics/) L 107-112 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101111/BOSMIA/boxscore.html) - still thinking about those poor Mormons
Sat Nov 20 @ Memphis (http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/) L 95-97 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101120/MIAMEM/boxscore.html) - trap game
Mon Nov 22 vs Indiana (http://www.nba.com/pacers/) L 77-93 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101122/INDMIA/boxscore.html) - Lebron's nails were wet
Wed Nov 24 @ Orlando (http://www.nba.com/magic/) L 95-104 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101124/MIAORL/boxscore.html) - Dwight made mean faces at Bosh
Sat Nov 27 @ Dallas (http://www.nba.com/mavericks/) L 95-106 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101127/MIADAL/boxscore.html) - Doesn't that damn Dirk ever miss?
Mon Dec 20 vs Dallas (http://www.nba.com/mavericks/) L 96-98 (http://www.nba.com/games/20101220/DALMIA/boxscore.html) - see Nov 27
Wed Jan 12 @ LA Clippers (http://www.nba.com/clippers/) L 105-111 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110112/MIALAC/boxscore.html) - wonder when we can get Blake to sign
Thu Jan 13 @ Denver (http://www.nba.com/nuggets/) L 102-130 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110113/MIADEN/boxscore.html) - fucking high altitude
Sat Jan 15 @ Chicago (http://www.nba.com/bulls/) L 96-99 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110115/MIACHI/boxscore.html) - fucking windy city
Tue Jan 18 vs Atlanta (http://www.nba.com/hawks/) L 89-93 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110118/ATLMIA/boxscore.html) - fucking Georgians
Thu Jan 27 @ New York (http://www.nba.com/knicks/) L 88-93 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110127/MIANYK/boxscore.html) - that D'Antoni is brilliant
Sun Feb 13 @ Boston (http://www.nba.com/celtics/) L 82-85 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110213/MIABOS/boxscore.html) - at least we beat the Clippers this time
Thu Feb 24 @ Chicago (http://www.nba.com/bulls/) L 89-93 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110224/MIACHI/boxscore.html) - wait, I'll think of something
Sun Feb 27 vs New York (http://www.nba.com/knicks/) L 86-91 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110227/NYKMIA/boxscore.html) - freakin D'Antoni!!
Thu Mar 03 vs Orlando (http://www.nba.com/magic/) L 96-99 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110303/ORLMIA/boxscore.html) - we were up by 24 at one point, what do you want??
Fri Mar 04 @ San Antonio (http://www.nba.com/spurs/) L 95-125 (http://www.nba.com/games/20110304/MIASAS/boxscore.html) - just not our day plus they threw out Eric!!

(http://www.nba.com/games/20110304/MIASAS/boxscore.html)