PDA

View Full Version : Serious thread, who is competing with Gary

SpurAddict561
03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
For 6th Man award?

Is Jamal Crawford as big as he has been? I have been slacking on teams other than black n silver

Neal is a fuckin stud

Spurminator
03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
George Hill, for one...

SpurAddict561
03-05-2011, 12:23 AM
I love this dude and he will be bigger and better than RMJ

Guaranteed!

He has no fear in running the offense or shooting, RMJ was timid!

Muser
03-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Jason Terry should win it.

SpurAddict561
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Lmao! Silly me, you're right!

TDMVPDPOY
03-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Neal with it

TMTTRIO
03-05-2011, 12:33 AM
No but he's looking more and more like Manu (but with a better shot). He's been able to shoot, make a few clutch shots , and he's even showing some good things about creating for others and finding ways to score.

SpurAddict561
03-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I love the guy

I just hope we stop making "Neal= RMJ?" threads and respect his game.

Stringer_Bell
03-05-2011, 12:49 AM
He started off hot as a shooter, but he's starting to turn into a scorer. He's got a lot more to his game than I expected even after being impressed with him early in the season. When he started going off trying to make his own shots, I was concerned, but he's grown nicely. Great confidence, great work ethic, great everything for that guy.

Spurs7794
03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
He started off hot as a shooter, but he's starting to turn into a scorer. He's got a lot more to his game than I expected even after being impressed with him early in the season. When he started going off trying to make his own shots, I was concerned, but he's grown nicely. Great confidence, great work ethic, great everything for that guy.

Exactly...the guy absolutely knows how to score. RMJ was an amazing shooter his first year...but he didn't have this ridiculous diversity to his game.

Our bench is INSANE this year.

elemento
03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
The guy is cold-blooded ..he is fearless and clutch.

And plz ...no more Quinn after tonight. He runs the point much better than Quinn.

moisaenz
03-05-2011, 02:09 AM
He runs the offense better than Hill. I rather have a guy try to hit a good percentage shot and miss it, than just giving the ball away like hill does. I wonder how POp decided for him to run the offense all of a sudden???

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-05-2011, 04:18 AM
JR Smith could be a late candidate if he keeps up his play with Melo gone.

ceperez
03-05-2011, 06:38 AM
He runs the offense better than Hill. I rather have a guy try to hit a good percentage shot and miss it, than just giving the ball away like hill does. I wonder how POp decided for him to run the offense all of a sudden???

much better sense of the court and passing than Hill.

You can see that like Manu and Tony, he is reacting to what the defense does. Hill doesn't do that and is a bit too mechanical. Hill needs more seasoning.

In Hill's defense, did he not score 24 points agains the Cavs?

Anonymous Cowherd
03-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Is Lamar Odom eligible? If so he'd have to be in the running

will_spurs
03-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I think Jason Terry has the lead so far.

Neal is really impressive, and more and more at that. At first he was a really good spot-up shooter in the Spurs tradition (Bowen, Horry, Kerr, Bonner...) but his game has developed now. He's definitely more confident, and especially more condifent about his PT, so he's trying smoe stuff from time to time. It won't always please Pop, but the trade-off of Neal getting legit as far as creating his own shot is a nice new weapon in the Spurs arsenal.

On top of that there's always the risk that defenses will "wisen up" to a guy like this (it happened to Hill or Blair) but in his case it's just not happening. As a spot-up shooter he will get the ball when he's open, and there's little defenses can do. And when he creates his own shot, it's always unexpected, and always very efficient because he seems to be doing very well at identifying these opportunities, and seizing them.

With what we're starting to see of Splitter, it looks like the Spurs tradition of draft steals (or unknown players being given contarcts) is getting longer and longer. Neal is the latest one in this long line.

xmas1997
03-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Exactly...the guy absolutely knows how to score. RMJ was an amazing shooter his first year...but he didn't have this ridiculous diversity to his game.

Our bench is INSANE this year.

This year?
Wait until next year after a full season under their belts!!!!!!!!
Tiago is getting better and better.
Anderson is slowly improving too!
And what can you say about Gary that hasn't already been said?
Barring injury this team will be potent next year especially if they can find that long defensive lock down SF in the off season!

spurspokesman
03-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Even when he is not hot offensively he seems to be pretty serviceable on D. I am a neal supporter. Hope he continues to be successful.

sinok
03-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I think Jason Terry has the lead so far.

Neal is really impressive, and more and more at that. At first he was a really good spot-up shooter in the Spurs tradition (Bowen, Horry, Kerr, Bonner...) but his game has developed now.
Developped? Not sure, he already had it in Europe, it's just that he feels more and more confident, and that pop is giving him more freedom...

And ha wasn't that unknown, he was one of the top scorers in Europe, and listed in the 3 most interesting prospect free agents in Europe by DraftExpress...
Not really your typical unknow guy...

BoricuaCJA
03-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Developped? Not sure, he already had it in Europe, it's just that he feels more and more confident, and that pop is giving him more freedom...

And ha wasn't that unknown, he was one of the top scorers in Europe, and listed in the 3 most interesting prospect free agents in Europe by DraftExpress...
Not really your typical unknown guy...
True but were the one that took the risk of trying him out and signing him(or the first to pull the trigger). I myself have enjoyed having him on our team, he is just not scared to shoot and with Pop giving him full reign to shoot, His confidence is at an all time high even if he misses. He reminds me of Ray Allen, Eddie House, Reggie Miller in a sense that even if he has not made a shot or just came in the game for the game winning/tying 3 pointer, he will make it.

As the season progressed, he has shown more of his skill set. The tear drop, one or two dribble pop up, he has unlimited range. Neal is a scrappy defender and not scared to take a charge no matter who he is playing.

Everyone has to give props to our FO again for getting a really good role player for little money and not all of his years are guaranteed which if he turns into a RMJ type player, we don't have to keep him which I really don't think that will happen.

Everybody imagine Anderson and Splitter next year since we know since they have barely played this year, they will not be apart of the regular rotation in the playoffs. We have barely scratched the surface of their potential. I CANT WAIT FOR THE PLAYOFFS!

xmas1997
03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
You would think that as good as the Spurs are for finding talent overseas, that they would have found that tall long defensive stopping SF shooting ace over there by now.

ChuckD
03-05-2011, 11:18 AM
For 6th Man award?

Is Jamal Crawford as big as he has been? I have been slacking on teams other than black n silver

Neal is a fuckin stud

George Hill, for one...

Sean said it last night: Neal and Hill are the reason we are where we are. They both shoot over 40% from long, and 44% overall. They're like the terror twins. They come in and just shit all over other team's reserve back courts, and either can play against starters, too. They can spot up, score mid range off the bounce, and create for themselves and others.

wildbill2u
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I have to give some props to POP. We often talk about how he refuses to play guys and stalls their development--but Neal is an exception that proves Pop simply lets a player's actual play determne his minutes.

Lots of coaches would have signed Neal and then not played him at all since he is a rookie that was undrafted.

In this case Pop saw something in Neal and gave him his shot--literally.

Nathan Explosion
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
The real certainty for me is that Neal is making the All Rookie team. Question is, first or second team?

doldrums
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I think Jason Terry has it sewn up

kaji157
03-05-2011, 01:53 PM
What´s great in Neal is what Hill sometimes lacks.
Neal will shoot the 3, but also take a mid-range, fake a pass and shoot, and everything what a plays need, without hesitating that he is not passing up on Manu and Parker. He is agressive when he needs to and is never passive.

Hill goes through times when he gets to passive due to looking where Manu or TP stand in the play.

Interrohater
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Sean said it last night: Neal and Hill are the reason we are where we are. They both shoot over 40% from long, and 44% overall. They're like the terror twins. They come in and just shit all over other team's reserve back courts, and either can play against starters, too. They can spot up, score mid range off the bounce, and create for themselves and others.

That right there not only made me laugh but gave me chills at the truthiness.

DrSteffo
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
All the props in the world to Gary Neal. What a success story. I admit I didn't understand this signing in the first place but then again I'm just a regular fan.