PDA

View Full Version : Lakers @ Spurs Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Muser
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Novak needs to go for 30.

benefactor
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Bonner with the stand and watch...per usual.

resistanze
03-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Bonner has to be the biggest frontrunner in the NBA.

hitmanyr2k
Game over. Popovich is going to start the 2nd half with the bench. What a disappointing 2nd game. At least the Bulls/Heat lived up to the hype.

#41 Shoot Em Up
You idiot, he didnt want to get a T

Yeah you're right, in a 24 point game that would really matter :lol

Muser
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Please sit Bonners ass down.

lefty
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Novak?
Bonner?

Celtics?

Mike D
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Even as a Lakers fan, I'm a bit shocked by how this first half has gone.

ohmwrecker
lol Phil's big chair

Killakobe81
Kobe, Pau, Fisher Odom went HAM on these Spurs in the first half ...

As long as we tie them in the 3rd quarter then the game will be over ...

Mav-elous Man
LAL 65 SAS 37. Good Gawd SA sucks!!! Unimpressed.

Mike D
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Bonner has to be the biggest frontrunner in the NBA.

I raise you Eddie House, Mo Williams, and Jamario Moon.

MavFan6488
wow. 65-37????? i knew the lakers were better than the spurs but not by that margin...

Muser
At least it wasn't 30 +.

namlook
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Van Gundy sounds like a bitch. Shaq used to get pounded and fouled hard on the regular and he RARELY lost his mind like Dwight Howard.

Sure he did. Brad Miller would probably still be in a coma if Shaq had connected.

resistanze
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I raise you Eddie House, Mo Williams, and Jamario Moon.

But I don't think anyone's jumper in the NBA instantly turns to fried shit like Bonner whenever shit gets real.

Hemotivo
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
"Elbowed him to send a message"

:lmao

:lol

Fpoonsie
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Ugh. I expected a letdown after Fri's game, but not to this extent.

LA coming out on a mission, and SA looks ridiculously flat.

:depressed

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Sure he did. Brad Miller would probably still be in a coma if Shaq had connected.

That's where the "RARELY" part comes in. And let's be honest. Brad Miller and Oakley were laying the wood on Shaq trying to provoke him :lol I remember that game because it was against the Bulls. Dwight acts like guys shouldn't hold his arm to prevent the "and 1". Korver didn't try to pull him down or anything.

Donkeybong
03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Reggie Miller stepped to Kobe.....and won :lol Kobe is sneaky with cheapshots but he hasn't fared well in fights lol.

Talking about cheap shots. Reggie just charged him into to stands while Kobe was just talking.

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Media turning on the Heat....no pun :lol

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Talking about cheap shots. Reggie just charged him into to stands while Kobe was just talking.

No he didn't :lol Miller stepped to Kobe. Kobe swung and missed and Reggie "98 pounds soak and wet" tackled Kobe's ass into the scorer's table and probably would have put the beatdown on him if teammates hadn't stepped in.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Good game, Lakers fans.

Beau
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Stuart Scott and Jon Barry just diddled each other.

True story...

namlook
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
That's where the "RARELY" part comes in. And let's be honest. Brad Miller and Oakley were laying the wood on Shaq trying to provoke him :lol I remember that game because it was against the Bulls. Dwight acts like guys shouldn't hold his arm to prevent the "and 1". Korver didn't try to pull him down or anything.

The hard fouls are Shaq were a big issue at the time. He was getting fouled above the shoulders on a regular basis. Those types of fouls were called flagrant on other players but never when it was against Shaq. Shaq said if it continued he would hurt someone. Same thing will happen with Dwight if the refs don't start calling some flagrants.

Beau
03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I love me that Ron-ron, by the by. Nothing like a little WWF-style showmanship.

Mike D
03-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Good finish Drew.

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2011, 04:52 PM
The hard fouls are Shaq were a big issue at the time. He was getting fouled above the shoulders on a regular basis. Those types of fouls were called flagrant on other players but never when it was against Shaq. Shaq said if it continued he would hurt someone. Same thing will happen with Dwight if the refs don't start calling some flagrants.

That's the thing though. Korver didn't flagrant foul him. He simply held his arm with no malice whatsoever. There was no need for Dwight to lose it. Oakley and Miller are some dirty MFs. Trust me, I know since they were on my team at the time and Oakley in particular loved to hit people :lol They were laying the wood on Shaq and it was only a matter of time before Shaq lost it. But Shaq usually took multiple hits in the paint that weren't called but he would rarely lose it and swing at a player.

PGDynasty24
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
That a boy artest,no mercy on the fans

Donkeybong

I remember that Bulls game. It was getting ridiculous. I remember Brad Miller laughing after pretty much swiping at Shaqs head. They weren't even going for the ball anymore. They were just swiping away like he was a punching bag. Who blames Shaq for blowing up the way he did. The league finally started taking notice after that incident. Dwight is too nice to respond like that though.

sribb43
Fuckin' spurs fan :lol

Muser
At least I got Ron to laugh at :lol

Muser
:lmao :lmao

MavFan6488
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
that's a hell of a gif right there LOL artest

Banzai
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
That Artest moment is GIF material.

Muser
03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
You're 2 quarters too late dick.

Muser
03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Duncan needs to man the fuck up

mikeschy55
Wait.... isnt' Manu supposed to be better than Kobe Bryant? What's happening!?!?

4>0rings
Get this yippity redneck faggot off my screen ABC.

Muser
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
This redneck is better than these ABC faggots.

mikeschy55
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
hmm.... maybe a 6-7 center isn't such a good idea for the playoffs after all.....

Muser
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Duncan sucking some major ass smh.

Fpoonsie
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
lol Splitter fixin' ta' come in

lol white flag

lol ... :depressed

Muser
03-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Tiago can't even rebound that :lmao

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM
lol Splitter fixin' ta' come in

lol white flag

lol ... :depressed

The human victory cigar as well as the human white flag :lol

namlook
03-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Wait.... isnt' Manu supposed to be better than Kobe Bryant? What's happening!?!?

Manu is just playing possum.

Muser
03-06-2011, 05:10 PM
George Hill fuckers!

:depressed

Muser
03-06-2011, 05:10 PM
lmao george hill

mikeschy55
03-06-2011, 05:18 PM
wow.... just embarrassing

Banzai
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
did Blair just do what Odom did against the Hornets a few years ago?

Donkeybong
03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
did Blair just do what Odom did against the Hornets a few years ago?

i dont think that was blair. some spurs scrub

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Breen, it's going too far? GTFO ... poor Heat!

sribb43
03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Gasol back in :lol

ElNono
03-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Sup... showing my mug here after the vicious beatdown... congrats Lakeshow... came right out of the gates looking for blood

crazylakerfan001
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
o ya and whos that faggot behind the scorer's table, he is at every spurs game.

crazylakerfan001
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
lets go laker chants at the at&t center, nice supprt for your team.

Banzai
03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/penis.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5436) look closely

cobbler
03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
LOL @ Nono & ezau's 50+ HCA threads

LOL @ MVP chants for Kobe louder than any other opposing arena

LOL Let's go Lakers chant's louder than Staples!

If the Lakers are healthy... you have no answer for Drew. None! Your best and only hope is for a Mavs upset.

TE
03-06-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/penis.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5436) look closely

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Xylus
03-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Spurs fans: At least you aren't Heat fans.

timtonymanu
03-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Lakers played great.

Spurs got too overconfident and the Lakers just wanted this more.

BoricuaCJA
03-06-2011, 06:45 PM
GG non bandwagoning Laker fans, you guys played better than us today. Next game should be more competitive.

ElNono
03-06-2011, 07:00 PM
LOL @ Nono & ezau's 50+ HCA threads

LOL @ MVP chants for Kobe louder than any other opposing arena

LOL Let's go Lakers chant's louder than Staples!

If the Lakers are healthy... you have no answer for Drew. None! Your best and only hope is for a Mavs upset.

Drew wasn't healthy the first two games? Is that the excuse you're running with? :lol

Having HCA is not something we've made up. It's right there when you look at the Lakeshow record in playoff series without HCA.

Lakers get the credit for coming out of the gates and treating this as a must win game, and the Spurs not matching the intensity.

And lol Gobbler @ regular season doesn't matter... looks like it mattered to your boys today...

cobbler
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Drew wasn't healthy the first two games? Is that the excuse you're running with? :lol

Having HCA is not something we've made up. It's right there when you look at the Lakeshow record in playoff series without HCA.

Lakers get the credit for coming out of the gates and treating this as a must win game, and the Spurs not matching the intensity.

And lol Gobbler @ regular season doesn't matter... looks like it mattered to your boys today...

Drew has been gradually getting stronger and more athletic as the year has progressed. The Lakers are a completely different team when hes healthy and active and you have seen it since the all star break.

It matters for one win in the win column and thats it. As I said all along, the Lakers are not worried about the Western conference HCA. It's the finals where it matters most. You and ezau are the ones creating thread after thread mocking the Lakers as if they have no chance going up against the Sprs without HCA. You saw today how simple it is to erase that in a quick 48 mins.

by the way... speaking of that vaunted HCA you harp on. Of the 24 playoff games played on your home court against the Lakers.... your Spurs are 10-14.

Barely 40% against the Lakers on your own floor. HCA! :lmao

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM

:lmao about time you show up you little faggot.

Not running your mouth anymore are you? Stupid faggot.

Dunc n Dave
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Awesome display of dominance in the 1st half by the Lakers. They proved that when they are focused, they are still the team to beat in the West. Props for a big win.

Every Spur starter except Parker pussed out and were scared to drive the land thanks to Bynum's play. Duncan and Manu included...:depressed

ElNono
03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Drew has been gradually getting stronger and more athletic as the year has progressed. The Lakers are a completely different team when hes healthy and active and you have seen it since the all star break.

He's been healthy since way before. The Lakeshow just stringed some wins together and all of a sudden is all about Bynum, GMAFB... :lol

It matters for one win in the win column and thats it. As I said all along, the Lakers are not worried about the Western conference HCA. It's the finals where it matters most. You and ezau are the ones creating thread after thread mocking the Lakers as if they have no chance going up against the Sprs without HCA. You saw today how simple it is to erase that in a quick 48 mins.

Just as easily is to beat the Lakeshow at Staples. Again, this is not made up stuff. It's been 6 years since the Lakeshow won a series without HCA. Up to them when the time comes to show they can do it.

by the way... speaking of that vaunted HCA you harp on. Of the 24 playoff games played on your home court against the Lakers.... your Spurs are 10-14.

Barely 40% against the Lakers on your own floor. HCA! :lmao

Bottom line is we're not as good as Friday, and we're not as bad as today.
Lakers get all the credit for walking in desperately looking for a win to give them validation and pulling a convincing performance. The Spurs get as much blame for not matching the intensity. Then again, there was only one team with something to prove out there, and that was the Lakers.

Lakers had a good game today, but this team doesn't scare anybody.

ElNono
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
:lmao about time you show up you little faggot.

Not running your mouth anymore are you? Stupid faggot.

Sup... showing my mug here after the vicious beatdown... congrats Lakeshow... came right out of the gates looking for blood

:lmao this little troll faggot talking about showing up, when he was completely MIA when the Lakers were dropping turd after turd...

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
:lmao at delusional Spur fan.

This game clearly spelled out why your team has no chance against us come playoff time. HCA or not, it doesn't matter.

cobbler
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
He's been healthy since way before. The Lakeshow just stringed some wins together and all of a sudden is all about Bynum, GMAFB... :lol

Drew has been a slow moving sloth when it comes to recoveries and clearly has regained a step since the break and is making a huge difference in the D. You saw it. Deny it all you wish. Ron has also decided to join the team. Nothing we haven't told you was coming though.

Just as easily is to beat the Lakeshow at Staples. Again, this is not made up stuff. It's been 6 years since the Lakeshow won a series without HCA. Up to them when the time comes to show they can do it.

Well just as I showed you that history has proven the Lakers own the Spurs on their own floor to the tune of 14-10, the record at staples is a oh so much better 20-8. Good luck!

Bottom line is we're not as good as Friday, and we're not as bad as today.Lakers get all the credit for walking in desperately looking for a win to give them validation and pulling a convincing performance. The Spurs get as much blame for not matching the intensity. Then again, there was only one team with something to prove out there, and that was the Lakers.

Prove what? Your own coach has said the records are meaningless and that the title goes through LA. SO what's to prove? THe Lakers are just gearing up and preparing down the stretch.

Lakers had a good game today, but this team doesn't scare anybody.

I should hope not. If it scares anyone then they are in the wrong profession. However, if you think the other teams and especially the Spurs aren't very very concerned about the Lakers length and Drews improvement with respect to their chances then nothing more needs to be said.

ElNono
03-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Drew has been a slow moving sloth when it comes to recoveries and clearly has regained a step since the break and is making a huge difference in the D. You saw it. Deny it all you wish. Ron has also decided to join the team. Nothing we haven't told you was coming though.

Please. I've watched plenty of Lakeshow games this season. The effort was certainly high up there today. And they get all the credit for that. Just don't come telling me about turning points. The Spurs deserve a lot of the blame of what happened today also.

Well just as I showed you that history has proven the Lakers own the Spurs on their own floor to the tune of 14-10, the record at staples is a oh so much better 20-8. Good luck!

Just like I showed you your this Laker core hasn't won a playoff series without HCA in 6 years?

Prove what? Your own coach has said the records are meaningless and that the title goes through LA. SO what's to prove? THe Lakers are just gearing up and preparing down the stretch.

Same coach that said this road trip was going to 'make or break' the season? That coach? :lol
This Lakeshow team wanted to show they can compete with us after losing twice. They've shown they can.

I should hope not. If it scares anyone then they are in the wrong profession. However, if you think the other teams and especially the Spurs aren't very very concerned about the Lakers length and Drews improvement with respect to their chances then nothing more needs to be said.

The Spurs are concerned about improving overall. We might not even play the Lakeshow so what's the point about thinking about them? We've done very well against the Lakeshow and the rest of the league throughout the year. One game isn't going to change any of that.

cobbler
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Please. I've watched plenty of Lakeshow games this season. The effort was certainly high up there today. And they get all the credit for that. Just don't come telling me about turning points. The Spurs deserve a lot of the blame of what happened today also.

Just like we have said all along... when the Lakers decide to turn it up... unbeatable. Of course they deserve a lot of blame. They quit after the first quarter.

Same coach that said this road trip was going to 'make or break' the season? That coach? :lol
This Lakeshow team wanted to show they can compete with us after losing twice. They've shown they can.

He was talking in terms of staying in contention with the East records as that is the HCA that truly matters. Just PJ doing his annual motivation through the media buildup towards the playoffs. But yes, the Lakers most definetly wanted to send a message after they let the Spurs squeek out a tip in victory at Staples. It was delivered quite well.

The Spurs are concerned about improving overall. We might not even play the Lakeshow so what's the point about thinking about them? We've done very well against the Lakeshow and the rest of the league throughout the year. One game isn't going to change any of that.

Of course it isn't. But it sure can show some glaring chinks in the armor. :toast

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Awesome display of dominance in the 1st half by the Lakers. They proved that when they are focused, they are still the team to beat in the West. Props for a big win.

Every Spur starter except Parker pussed out and were scared to drive the land thanks to Bynum's play. Duncan and Manu included...:depressed

Stay classy Dunc ... there is too few of you guys that can admit you were bettered today by a better team. Spurs have earned the right to be respected for what they have done so far in the regular season ...But bing the backtoback champs deserves even more.

Say what you will but come playofftime you guys NEED Duncan ...Parker and open 3's wont be enough when the games matter. We played great but that was not the Lakers best you saw today ...obviously ditto for the Spurs.

I still believe come playoff time we get a win at the aT&T (lol it sounded like a clips vs. Lakers Staples game with 40% of the crowd pro Lakers even though Spurs/Clips were the HOME team)
and we protect our home court. I say Lakers in 6 ...and I felt that way BEFORE Today's game. Nothing I saw today changes that view ...

ElNono
03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Just like we have said all along... when the Lakers decide to turn it up... unbeatable. Of course they deserve a lot of blame. They quit after the first quarter.

Like they didn't want to turn it up when they were getting their asses handed to the by the Spurs or Miami... :rolleyes

He was talking in terms of staying in contention with the East records as that is the HCA that truly matters. Just PJ doing his annual motivation through the media buildup towards the playoffs. But yes, the Lakers most definetly wanted to send a message after they let the Spurs squeek out a tip in victory at Staples. It was delivered quite well.

I don't need you to explain to me what Phil said. He was loud and clear, and had nothing to do with what you're trying to portray right now. :lol

Of course it isn't. But it sure can show some glaring chinks in the armor. :toast

We lost 12 games. Armor is certainly not perfect. I definitely hope we got something out of this game, execution and focus wise.

jjktkk
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
We played great but that was not the Lakers best you saw today ...obviously ditto for the Spurs.

The Lakers have always been the team to beat. Their a great team, but seriously have to disagree with your comment that this wasn't the Lakers best. When Ron Ron, and Shannon Brown are going off, along with the usual performances of Kobe,, Odum, Gasol, etc..., thats the Lakers at peak form. That was a dominant perfromance today.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
That was definitely the best game the Lakers played all year.

Props.

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Didnt say it wasnt our best so far THIS year just saying if anyone here believes that was full playoff mode ... you are mistaken. That was about us on about 90% ...you wont see the other 10 until 2nd round of the playoffs or later ...

Venti Quattro
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I just one have one complaint. Steve Blake absolutely sucks. This guy was like a molded CP3 and Deron in one when he was playing against the Lakers and when Mitch gets interested and signs him, he becomes... uh well Steve Blake.

Donkeybong
03-06-2011, 11:58 PM
I just one have one complaint. Steve Blake absolutely sucks. This guy was like a molded CP3 and Deron in one when he was playing against the Lakers and when Mitch gets interested and signs him, he becomes... uh well Steve Blake.

lol true. But he has been playing better as of late. He had a bad stretch that lasted 6 weeks or so of being completely invisible.

Venti Quattro
03-07-2011, 12:06 AM
lol true. But he has been playing better as of late. He had a bad stretch that lasted 6 weeks or so of being completely invisible.

Imagine how good the Lakers are going to be if he just was decent. Lakers fans like to make excuses for this guy like blah blah blah he's just not making makeable shots and he just needs to regain confidence in his stroke but the truth is he's scared offensively and a turnstile defensively.

ElNono
03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
He's got solid defensive fundamentals though... :lmao

ElNono
03-07-2011, 12:35 AM
But it's true, he has underachieved under the bright lights.... the question is why did he look so good in Portland? Just the chance to chuck away?

DPG21920
03-07-2011, 12:36 AM
didnt say it wasnt our best so far this year just saying if anyone here believes that was full playoff mode ... You are mistaken. That was about us on about 90% ...you wont see the other 10 until 2nd round of the playoffs or later ...

fml.