PDA

View Full Version : Playing on A+ level, how come Manu can't be considered as the MVP?

Rapper
03-05-2011, 06:48 AM
With the best record in the leauge, almost 20 pts on average, All star reserve.
compared to the guys lile Kobe,Lebron,D-Rose, Manu is definitely better,if you disagree with me just give me a damn reason.

will_spurs
03-05-2011, 06:50 AM
just give me a damn reason.

You're on crack?

oski1000
03-05-2011, 06:54 AM
I think that Manu would prefer to be Finals MVP.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Harry Callahan
03-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Sorry. The stats don't measure up.

An MVP puts up huge numbers and dominates - Manu's having a heck of a year, but nowhere near MVP stats.

spursbird
03-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Man, R U mad?

L.I.T
03-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Rose is undeniably the centerpiece of his team. Putting up outstanding numbers, without a really solid running mate in the backcourt to take some of the pressure off (I know Deng is there and has played great, but he is a SF not a SG). The Bulls were missing Boozer for 18 games and Noah for 31 (I think), yet are leading their division and have won 42 games.

Rose, for me, when taking into account his personal and team improvements, is the MVP.

BanditHiro
03-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Rose is undeniably the centerpiece of his team. Putting up outstanding numbers, without a really solid running mate in the backcourt to take some of the pressure off (I know Deng is there and has played great, but he is a SF not a SG). The Bulls were missing Boozer for 18 games and Noah for 31 (I think), yet are leading their division and have won 42 games.

Rose, for me, when taking into account his personal and team improvements, is the MVP.

i thought bogans was the centerpiece...

TMTTRIO
03-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Manu's not even the MVP on our team so there' s no way he's MVP of the league. We all saw what happened without Tony When he was gone. The Spurs barely survived with him gone for two games. Manu has really cooled off since the beginning of the year and his offensive game has been MIA for a while.

MannyIsGod
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Manu just isn't at an MVP level. Derrick Rose, now there is a guy at an MVP level.

honestfool84
03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
stop posting threads.

admiralsnackbar
03-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Without Rose, Chicago would be a lottery team. Without Manu, the Spurs would still make the POs even if they didn't survive them. QED.

Anonymous Cowherd
03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
a lottery team with a front court of Deng, Boozer, Noah?

BoricuaCJA
03-05-2011, 11:16 AM
stop posting threads.

jimo2305
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
he's a spur

spursbird
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Deng's shots rely on Rose's assists. Noah is a defensive big. And you think they would make the playoffs?

Death In June
03-05-2011, 12:44 PM
You take Manu off this team and they still might win a series or two. Taking Dirk or Rose (the only two that should be in the conversation) off their respective teams makes them a joke.

Nathan Explosion
03-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Parker and Gino are splitting votes between the two. Both are playing some of their best ball of their career (Parker's all around game has to be his best so far), and that's contributing to the Spurs' success. Neither is an MVP candidate because of the other.

admiralsnackbar
03-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Seems strange to say, I know, but who is really a creator among those three?

TMTTRIO
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
With the talent that we have today and all the scorers that we have on this team along with Tony's improved all around playmaking and George Hill growing leaps and bounds how far can we get through the playoffs without Manu? Can they finally be successful without him?

MmP
03-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Sorry. The stats don't measure up.

An MVP puts up huge numbers and dominates - Manu's having a heck of a year, but nowhere near MVP stats.
Where did you get the MVP has to get 26 ppg? It's the Most Valuable Player from a team. Manu is the most valuable from this team, and this team is the best the NBA right now. So I think he has to get some consideration.

On the other hand he's not gonna get it because NBA seeks in his MVP's marketing players, and Manu is nowhere near that. Usually those players dunk, put insane numers, etc. But as most valuable player is concerned Manu is the MVP of the season.

MannyIsGod
03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Where did you get the MVP has to get 26 ppg? It's the Most Valuable Player from a team. Manu is the most valuable from this team, and this team is the best the NBA right now. So I think he has to get some consideration.

On the other hand he's not gonna get it because NBA seeks in his MVP's marketing players, and Manu is nowhere near that. Usually those players dunk, put insane numers, etc. But as most valuable player is concerned Manu is the MVP of the season.

I think your logic in the first paragraph is terrible considering I don't even consider Manu the Spurs MVP.

I don't care what his scoring stats are, but without Tim Duncan this team is terrible.

oski1000
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I think your logic in the first paragraph is terrible considering I don't even consider Manu the Spurs MVP.

I don't care what his scoring stats are, but without Tim Duncan this team is terrible.

For Popovich, Manu is the MVP of the team. So, I think his opinion is more relevant that yours or mine.

will_spurs
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
For Popovich, Manu is the MVP of the team. So, I think his opinion is more relevant that yours or mine.

Yeah and Hill is his favorite player and Bogans is the centerpiece. Pop will say whatever shit goes through his mind at the time when he is bored with journalists.

The truth of the matter is, it's very easy to make a case for Duncan, Parker and Ginobili as "Spurs MVP" this season, it's not like Manu is a lock by playing at a way higher level than the other 2. This is what makes the Spurs so deadly, by the way.

And if I had to sum up why Manu isn't in the NBA MVP discussion: NBA MVP don't have series of games where they struggle to shoot 30% from the field. /thread

UnWantedTheory
03-05-2011, 04:07 PM
stop posting threads.

dbreiden83080
03-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Duncan's 2 MVP seasons he was putting up averages of like 25 and 13 a game.. Manu would at least need to avg 20 pts a game.. And who cares with a record of 51-11??

LakerHater
03-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Our whole team healthy is more valuable than just on man!

TheSpursFNRule
03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
dude shut up Manu is clearly not an MVP....

Chawaman
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I would love for Manu to get Finals MVP this year tbqh, of course if we win it all this year :toast

ajh18
03-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I've always seen the league MVP as being an award for a player who:

1) Is on one of the league's best teams

2) Has clearly distinguished himself as that team's best player

Manu has the team success part, but I don't think has seperated himself enough, statistically or otherwise, from the rest of the Spurs to be in consideration. This is the same reason I don't believe that any of the Heat's big three should be considered for MVP this year, or any of the Celtics.

I think it's Rose. Under those criteria, Howard and Dirk should be considered as well. After that there's a pretty big drop off.

SA210
03-05-2011, 07:56 PM
We go nowhere without Manu. Period.

OldSilentHill
03-05-2011, 08:41 PM
INTANGIBLES DONīT COUNT FOR THE MVP AWARD.

PD: Manu is the heart. There is no award for that. I donīt f*king care, thatīs why he is so unique.

it's me
03-05-2011, 10:14 PM
lol..... all of a sudden Tony is the MVP because he missed a game and Hill choked, haha fucking funny, Parker is GREAT, but because the spurs don't have a real backup PG doesn't mean he's that awesome either........... amazingly, it's a weird team that doesn't have a dominant "MVP" type of player, it's a real TEAM.

san antonio spurs
03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Manu was struggling for the last month or so and the spurs still won many games. Him being in the conversation would be a travesty.

ChumpDumper
03-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Were Manu actually playing on an "A+" level all season, he would be under consideration.

He hasn't, so he isn't.

DJ Mbenga
03-06-2011, 01:11 AM
nobody can sustain an a plus level for a season. but anyways ginobli had a shot with Chicago facing tougher competition maybe they fell off a little and the spurs finally ended their amazing health, so he could have carried the team but then parker made a miraculous recovery so now its back to rose carrying a team that faced injuries vs the spurs who have been good because they have been healthy. its a narrative he cant beat

Jt.ONE
03-06-2011, 01:20 AM
compared to the guys lile Kobe,Lebron,D-Rose, Manu is definitely better,

really?..

ChumpDumper
03-06-2011, 01:24 AM
nobody can sustain an a plus level for a season.Manu had two subpar months and one horrible month. That's not what MVPs do.

analyzed
03-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Manu might not be an MVP candidate, but if things hold up, I reckon Manu will be selected in the ALL NBA second team as a guard. (1st team guards: Rose and Kobe, 2nd team : Wade and Manu. Name me a guard aside from the three mentioned who is having a better year than Manu ? Answer : No one

ChumpDumper
03-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Rondo, Nash and Williams would probably be selected before Manu.