PDA

View Full Version : How often do 3p Chucking teams win the title?

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Never.

Bartleby
03-05-2011, 12:04 PM
How often does #3 seed win the title?

Hint: the Spurs are the only team to do that in the last two decades.

cheguevara
03-05-2011, 12:05 PM
LOL butthurt

Venti Quattro
03-05-2011, 12:05 PM
If you want to imply that the Spurs live and die by the 3 then you are sorely mistaken. They shoot well from three but it's a result of an inside-outside game.

They have Duncan, and a healthy Ginobili and Parker. Do you really think these three would be resorting to chucking threes :lmao

Mel_13
03-05-2011, 12:15 PM
3 point attempts per game:

Spurs: 20.6
Lakers: 18.1

So, at exactly what point between 18.1 and 20.6 does a team become a 3p chucking team?

Dice
03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Horry and Fisher both hit some big threes if I recall correctly. Three pointers are kind of a big deal in the playoffs and even regular season games cause they earn you more points than a 2 pointer.

slacker77
03-05-2011, 12:33 PM
you are a fucking dumbass...

midnightpulp
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
If you want to imply that the Spurs live and die by the 3 then you are sorely mistaken. They shoot well from three but it's a result of an inside-outside game.

They have Duncan, and a healthy Ginobili and Parker. Do you really think these three would be resorting to chucking threes :lmao

24 with the goods, par the course, per the usual.

ElNono
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM

So, at exactly what point between 18.1 and 20.6 does a team become a 3p chucking team?

Clearly 19.5...

Booharv
03-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Three pointers...earn you more points than a 2 pointer.
:wow

midnightpulp
03-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I can appreciate the aggravation history2b is causing if he's trolling, but that's not the case. This guy has a history (no pun intended) of vastly overrating his basketball knowledge, which is virtually nil, and believing his own dumbass takes.

Giuseppe
03-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Kool's Midget.

ohmwrecker
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
What's in a name? That which we call a fail, by any other name, would still hurt in ass.

Xevious
03-05-2011, 12:52 PM
If the Heat are going to leave the best 3pt shooter in the game (percentage-wise) wide fucking open over and over again... he has to take those shots, make or miss. If you can't contest Parker's drive without double or tipple-teaming, there are going to be shooters open.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I can appreciate the aggravation history2b is causing if he's trolling, but that's not the case. This guy has a history (no pun intended) of vastly overrating his basketball knowledge, which is virtually nil, and believing his own dumbass takes.
Yeah, he has no basketball knowledge whatsover and is an embarrassment to Lakers fans. I took some heat from H-Ho for exposing him and his former hate for LeHype, but I am more of less vindicated now with my predictions at the beginning of the season. I said the Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs were all contenders, and I got laughed at for picking the Texas teams by both Spurs and Mavs fans. See. that little thing called "championship experience" is quite true. Although Dallas doesn't have it, they are hungry to get back to the big dance and justify Dirk's years of success leading the team (Regular season, respectable playoffs, just no ring).

Anyway history2b, you have brought nothing but good luck to the Spurs since you arrived calling them "done". They most likely wrap up HCA throughout the playoffs soon and so far, they have only lost two games at home. If they don't lose again at home, they become the champs. Now, chances are Spurs will drop a game or two more in the regular season, especially after they wrap up best record, and probably will lose at home in the playoffs, but whoever does it, still has to protect their homecourt.

And if it comes down to Spurs vs. Celtics you know you will be cheering for the Spurs so the Lakers stay within one title of Boston.

mingus
03-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Spurs are going do benefit from LA's stupidity of not utilizing the size advantage.

Frenzy
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
You got your ass handed to you in the first few post with out even one reply.

Advice..let other laker trolls make threads...you may stop now.

kamikazi_player
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Wait a minute....so history2b made a new account just so he can start threads? :lmao

ohmwrecker
03-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Apparently, being told, "You should start a thread about it." 20 times a day got to him a little bit. I was really expecting a better effort tbh.

No, I wasn't.

ElNono
03-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Wait a minute....so history2b made a new account just so he can start threads? :lmao

:lol

Kyle Orton
03-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Does anyone else think history2b's avatar is retarded and makes no sense?

Kyle Orton
03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
:lmao nevermind, he doesn't have an avatar anymore

ohmwrecker
03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
What a goddamn ass . . .

kamikazi_player
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
:lmao can't start threads again

midnightpulp
03-05-2011, 01:34 PM

AHAHAAHAAH.

Dumbfuck got pinked again.

ElNono
03-05-2011, 01:35 PM

crc21209
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
:lmao can't start threads again

Bill_Brasky
03-05-2011, 01:45 PM
CROFL OP, fucking idiot can't start threads anymore.....that's at least 2 accounts that we know of now.....

But he's right....the Magic will never win a title.

j.dizzle
03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
The problem child making all these three's is a good thing IMO. He'll get more playing time in the playoffs where he's a huge mismatch on defense. Dallas or LA will run Dirk & LO at him.

JMarkJohns
03-05-2011, 01:58 PM
The 94-95 Rockets won the Title with a sweep and averaged 21.4 3-point attempts a game.

ElNono
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
The problem child making all these three's is a good thing IMO. He'll get more playing time in the playoffs where he's a huge mismatch on defense. Dallas or LA will run Dirk & LO at him.

You should know by now that Pop plays Dice more against those teams (Dice didn't play at all last night). Remember LO running at Dice last game? :lol

Beau
03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
What shtick?

j.dizzle
03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
You should know by now that Pop plays Dice more against those teams (Dice didn't play at all last night). Remember LO running at Dice last game? :lol
:lmao Fluke tip in tbh. Those type of mistakes dont usually happen in the playoffs.

IronMexican
03-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Horry and Fisher both hit some big threes if I recall correctly. Three pointers are kind of a big deal in the playoffs and even regular season games cause they earn you more points than a 2 pointer.

gb2upstairs

Muser
03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
:lmao Fluke tip in tbh. Those type of mistakes dont usually happen in the playoffs.

OKC disagree.

crc21209
03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
The 94-95 Rockets won the Title with a sweep and averaged 21.4 3-point attempts a game.

/Thread.

crc21209
03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
OKC disagree.

:tu :lol

ElNono
03-05-2011, 02:51 PM

:lol @ fluke after giving us 3 chances in a row to win that game...

Beau
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM

GF-cLS6VPRE

Lakerfan, of all people, should know better... SMGDMFH

jjktkk
03-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Clearly 19.5...

jjktkk
03-05-2011, 03:30 PM

If Bonner's hitting his 3s, it can lessen the defensive mismatches.

ManuBalboa
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
San Antonio Spurs. Bringer of Rain. Champion of Capua.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss240/Grovestyle1/Lookatdatdudewitdasammich-5.gif

Dunc n Dave
03-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Never.

You should start another thread about it...

xellos88330
03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
You should start another thread about it...

:lmao

I wonder if his original handle was somewhat prophetic. History2b. I can be in more ways than one. Hes history, and 2 blocked. hmmm......

time for another beer ... :toast

TE
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
:deadhorse

TipsytheLurker
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
That moron's tired schtick is easier to spot than a fag in a whorehouse. I'm sure he banging his undersized fists on his desk for having his thread starting rights revoked again.

He'll be back at espn.com full time soon enough.

JamStone
03-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Lakers were a #3 seed in 2002. Tied for the same record as the #2 seed, but slotted as the #3 playoff seed.

Kyle Orton
03-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Huh? The Lakers had a series winning AND another game winning tip in the playoffs this year. Timely offensive rebounds are a HUGE part of the playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 12:13 PM
lol h2b

mavsfan1000
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I think it is fair to say that you need a balance of inside and outside game. If you are too much of an inside game, teams will pack it in. If you are too much of an outside team, teams will stretch out their defense and force you to go inside. What I think makes Kobe such a great player as he can do both equally well. Lebron relies too much on his inside game. Of course if you are a big man, an inside game can be tougher for teams to handle even when preparing for you. Thus a guard with both an inside and 3 point game combined with a dominant center will likely get you many championships if the role players are decent. So yeah a 3 point chucking team is a team that doesn't go inside first to get open looks for the outside are not likely going to do well.

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 12:19 PM
When I've lauded the Ellis family for their production & stewardship of this Board I've included the caveat that they are not perfect in said application.

Their treatment of 2b is such an example.

Kyle Orton
03-06-2011, 12:20 PM

While they prove you can win as a 3 point shooting team, they also prove that you need 3 point shooters who haven't just had some playoff experience but 3 point shooters who are completely unaffected by the playoffs.

In the Spurs case, Gary Neal is untested (but I have a hunch he'll be good in the playoffs), George Hill had 1 great shooting playoff series last year and one terrible playoff series, while Bonner and Dick have been shitty for the most part in the playoffs with plenty of wide open missed shots. If Bonner and Dick don't fall apart in the playoffs this year, they can certainly win as a "3 point shooting team".

jag
03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
When I've lauded the Ellis family for their production & stewardship of this Board I've included the caveat that they are not perfect in said application.

h2b makes you look like a halfway decent poster, so it's understandable that you'd want him to start more threads.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM

He's a dumbfuck.

Kyle Orton
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
_JaG has been bullyin' niggas and plastering them to the tree of woe ever since I've been back and he's been posting.

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
h2b makes you look like a halfway decent poster, so it's understandable that you'd want him to start more threads.

No.

[They] were prejudiced against him from the get go. Marked him, and then waited constantly for him to prove what they wanted to see.

jag
03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
_JaG has been bullyin' niggas and plastering them to the tree of woe ever since I've been back and he's been posting.

I'm trying to get into playoff form.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
No.

[They] were prejudiced against him from the get go. Marked him, and then waited constantly for him to prove what they wanted to see.

He's a dumbfuck.

That's it, and that's all.

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 12:27 PM
He's a dumbfuck.

He wasn't cool & aloof like Luva. He wasn't bombastic & selfless like Kool.

[They] just read him, fingered him, and rubbed him out. He was expendable.

Fpoonsie
03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
[They] just fingered him, and rubbed him out.

Yikes!

DAF86
03-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure but I think the Spurs were the only team to win a playoff game last season without making a three.

jag
03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
He wasn't cool & aloof like Luva. He wasn't bombastic & selfless like Kool.

[They] just read him, fingered him, and rubbed him out. He was expendable.

He was made to post on ESPN messages boards. And it showed

mavsfan1000
03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
While they prove you can win as a 3 point shooting team, they also prove that you need 3 point shooters who haven't just had some playoff experience but 3 point shooters who are completely unaffected by the playoffs.

In the Spurs case, Gary Neal is untested (but I have a hunch he'll be good in the playoffs), George Hill had 1 great shooting playoff series last year and one terrible playoff series, while Bonner and Dick have been shitty for the most part in the playoffs with plenty of wide open missed shots. If Bonner and Dick don't fall apart in the playoffs this year, they can certainly win as a "3 point shooting team".
Olajuwon is what made those 3 point shooters so deadly. He opened it up for them. You need the 3 pointers as well but Olajuwon allowed them to have open looks.

DAF86
03-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Olajuwon is what made those 3 point shooters so deadly. He opened it up for them. You need the 3 pointers as well but Olajuwon allowed them to have open looks.

Are you implying the Spurs don't have players to create open looks?

Booharv
03-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Tbh the reason that Rockets team won is Olajuwon destroyed every opposing team. So this comparison is kind of retarded. Spurs are built entirely differently at this stage of Duncan's career.

Bill_Brasky
03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Tbh the reason that Rockets team won is Olajuwon destroyed every opposing team. So this comparison is kind of retarded. Spurs are built entirely differently at this stage of Duncan's career.
Duncan is saving those dominating types of performances for the playoffs. Teams will have to start doubling him after he brings out the time machine and brings back his prime self.

cobbler
03-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Clearly 18.2 and up is chucking. Any real basketball mind knows 18.1 is the golden number. Geeez

Beau
03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
The Spurs are clearly chucking at an alarming rate. Their '07 team ranked 7th in 3PA.

They're gonna have to pick it up if they want to move from 8th to 7th this year...

ohmwrecker
03-06-2011, 03:00 PM

The simple fact of the matter stands. h2b cannot walk the walk. He is all bluster, no substance. When presented with any legit argument against, he could never defend his position without resorting to insults and his own delusion filled agenda. Despite his claim of interest in personal knowledge and debate of the game of basketball, he could never deliver the goods. He is every bit as bad, or worse, as he claims Spurs fans are . . . he is . . . gnlf . . .

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
The simple fact of the matter stands. h2b cannot walk the walk. He is all bluster, no substance. When presented with any legit argument against, he could never defend his position without resorting to insults and his own delusion filled agenda. Despite his claim of interest in personal knowledge and debate of the game of basketball, he could never deliver the goods. He is every bit as bad, or worse, as he claims Spurs fans are . . . he is . . . gnlf . . .

He was targeted upon arrival and ridden out on a rail. The same business was tried with me when I landed. I'd been thru that dog & pony show numerous times on numerous Boards so I knew how to handle it. He lit the Spurs Fan up and they in turn insisted that Kori ban him. She took a look at his goods, realized he wasn't sponsored like I had been and cut him loose. He was a sacrificial lamb led to the slaughter by fear mongering Spurs guys.

You guys, I can excuse for your behavior because you're entitled. But, [they] knew better.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 03:57 PM

2002 Lakers weren't apart of the last decade?

Idiot.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
24 with the goods, par the course, per the usual.

Lol, Venti Quattro

The resident "Yessir House Negro" playing his role of Spurs cock sucker in a Lakers sheep clothing.

That idiot doesn't know the game if he thinks that this version of Duncan provides that "inside" balance to the Spurs.

The drive and kick to the 3p line, followed by an additional swing along the 3p line is the bread and butter play of the this Spurs team. If you can't see that, well then, pay more attention to the game.

3p chucking teams DONT win the title. Ever.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Venti Quattro = Yessir House Nigga

priceless

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Lol, please.

Coming from a guy who claimed the entire league was official on notice to fear Tiago Splitter after the first week of this season, not much needs to be said about your pedigree as a basketball mind.

I come here and speak the truth and it pisses a bunch of fanboys off because people want the right to be delusional.

Meanwhile, I laugh.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 04:06 PM

Venti Quattro = Yessir House Nigga

priceless

That's exactly what he is.

He likes his place in this house and he ain't gonna say anything to get out of line. Pussy ass Laker fan who simply doesn't know the game.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Last 2 plays for the Spurs:

Gino drive and kick to Neal on the.... you guessed it, 3p line. Splash.

Next play, swing along the 3p line to Bonner... brick.

No, no, this isn't a 3p chucking team. You're one of the biggest teams in the league that pounds the ball inside all day.

Beau
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Where did the Lakers rank in 3PA in '01 and '02, h2b?

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Where did the Lakers rank in 3PA in '01 and '02, h2b?

Doesn't matter.

We had a prime Shaq who dominated the paint to balance anything they did. Lol.

Is basketball new to you? Basketball for Idiots might be on sale on Amazon. Check it out.

Beau
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Doesn't matter.

We had a prime Shaq who dominated the paint to balance anything they did. Lol.

Is basketball new to you? Basketball for Idiots might be on sale on Amazon. Check it out.

How often do 3p Chucking teams win the title?

No, you made the argument, cuz...

Spurs aren't a chucker.

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
No, you made the argument, cuz...

Spurs aren't a chucker.

When you rely on the 3p to win games like the Spurs (unlike the 2001/02 Lakers who relied on Shaq's inside and Kobe's perimeter then role players 3p shooting) that's a Chucker team.

If Tim was 4-5 years younger, I'd say otherwise but with this version of Tim you don't have the inside game to balance your chucking tendencies.

Again, basketball 101 little man. Learn it.

Beau
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
When you rely on the 3p to win games like the Spurs (unlike the 2001/02 Lakers who relied on Shaq's inside and Kobe's perimeter then role players 3p shooting) that's a Chucker team.

If Tim was 4-5 years younger, I'd say otherwise but with this version of Tim you don't have the inside game to balance your chucking tendencies.

Again, basketball 101 little man. Learn it.

KobeSynco_TimQuattro?

:rollin

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0764552481.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ohmwrecker
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Lol, please.

Coming from a guy who claimed the entire league was official on notice to fear Tiago Splitter after the first week of this season, not much needs to be said about your pedigree as a basketball mind.

lol If I ever did that it was in a completely facetious manner.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You have no legit response to anyone who challenges you. You shadowbox and evade legit debate at every turn and you talk out of your ass constantly. You are like the koriwhat of Lakerfan. A wounded animal whose only defense is hissing and secreting malodorous bile.

KobeSynco_TimQuattro
03-06-2011, 05:06 PM
lol If I ever did that it was in a completely facetious manner.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You have no legit response to anyone who challenges you. You shadowbox and evade legit debate at every turn and you talk out of your ass constantly. You are like the koriwhat of Lakerfan. A wounded animal whose only defense is hissing and secreting malodorous bile.

Lol, such as?

I'll pit my bball knowledge and anyone's here or anywhere.

All the things I've talked about all season: playoff basketball is a half court executing game, stresses more emphasis on team defense, low post scoring and less 3p chucking.

And that's exactly what's playing out on the court right now.

Now your turn for a basketball only - non shit talking response...

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Lol, such as?

I'll pit my bball knowledge and anyone's here or anywhere.

All the things I've talked about all season: playoff basketball is a half court executing game, stresses more emphasis on team defense, low post scoring and less 3p chucking.

And that's exactly what's playing out on the court right now.

Now your turn for a basketball only - non shit talking response...

Things no Spurs fan understand, even though the Spurs won 4 championships on that philosophy.

The reason no one wants to discuss basketball with you and simply trolls you with the responses you don't want to hear is because you're a douchebag.

So when you're stamping your feet about no one wanting to accept "reality" Spurfan (or Mavfan, or Sunfan, etc) will purposely play the fool to watch you whine.

I told you I would talk basketball with you if that's what you're truly interested in, but you're not. Your purpose on this board, as well as ESPN, is to see how many Laker cocks you can fit in your mouth at one time.

Believe it or not, you are the definition of a homer.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Things no Spurs fan understand, even though the Spurs won 4 championships on that philosophy.

The reason no one wants to discuss basketball with you and simply trolls you with the responses you don't want to hear is because you're a douchebag.

So when you're stamping your feet about no one wanting to accept "reality" Spurfan (or Mavfan, or Sunfan, etc) will purposely play the fool to watch you whine.

I told you I would talk basketball with you if that's what you're truly interested in, but you're not. Your purpose on this board, as well as ESPN, is to see how many Laker cocks you can fit in your mouth at one time.

Believe it or not, you are the definition of a homer.

You may have won 4 championships, but the way your team is playing NOW is far different than it was in those days. Bottom line, the Spurs of old were a grind it out half-court team. Not an uptempo 3pt chucking version of the

The reason you don't want to discuss basketball with him is because there is nothing to discuss. You can't argue with anything he said. Playoff basketball is about half court execution, team defense, and rebounding. If you do those things well, you will have a good chance of winning. Relying on 3pt shooting to win games just doesn't work and it never has.

I know you're angry because the Lakers are shoving their cocks in your teams mouth. Probably best you step away from the computer.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
You may have won 4 championships, but the way your team is playing NOW is far different than it was in those days. Bottom line, the Spurs of old were a grind it out half-court team. Not an uptempo 3pt chucking version of the

The reason you don't want to discuss basketball with him is because there is nothing to discuss. You can't argue with anything he said. Playoff basketball is about half court execution, team defense, and rebounding. If you do those things well, you will have a good chance of winning. Relying on 3pt shooting to win games just doesn't work and it never has.

I know you're angry because the Lakers are shoving their cocks in your teams mouth. Probably best you step away from the computer.

When did I ever say it wasn't?

But I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Beau
03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
You want to say the Lakers are the best team in basketball when healthy and right, I won't argue. They should be the favorite.

Dismissing the Spurs on the basis of them being a chucker when they rank 8th in 3PA, the last time they won a championship they ranked 7th, the Lakers ranked 10th last year and 7th and 9th in '01 and '02 in the same category?

Full Retard, by definition.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 06:06 PM
You want to say the Lakers are the best team in basketball when healthy and right, I won't argue. They should be the favorite.

Dismissing the Spurs on the basis of them being a chucker when they rank 8th in 3PA, the last time they won a championship they ranked 7th, the Lakers ranked 10th last year and 7th and 9th in '01 and '02 in the same category?

They don't chuck 3s. Retard Lakerfan just likes to use that as an insult. The largest detriment to the Spurs, as we all know, is they can't matchup with LA's size.

DazedAndConfused
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM

The Spurs are primarily a jumpshooting team with no interior presence whatsoever.

Tim Duncan just isn't capable of anchoring the paint like he used to.

Beau
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
The Spurs are primarily a jumpshooting team with no interior presence whatsoever.

Tim Duncan just isn't capable of anchoring the paint like he used to.

The Spurs' problems aren't matching up with the Lakers offensively. Their offense is more than fine - as much as the typical fanboy uses outliers like blowouts to jump to conclusions. It's the other end of the court. That's where the Lakers' size kills em. On the offensive board, mostly.

Spurs are forced to scramble to match-up and that's when the Lakers - if Kobe's playing intelligent, team-ball - can kill the Spurs and most teams. Keep the ball going inside first and swinging constantly, the Lakers should get a quality shot every fucking time when patient.

Spurs problems lie in matching up defensively. It has nothing to do with the amount of 3's they shoot...

j-money24
03-06-2011, 07:06 PM

lakers: 18.1

so, at exactly what point between 18.1 and 20.6 does a team become a 3p chucking team?

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
They don't chuck 3s. Retard Lakerfan just likes to use that as an insult. The largest detriment to the Spurs, as we all know, is they can't matchup with LA's size.

Then you are in denial if you claim they don't chuck 3's. And this is why I'm here to hammer away that point.

In wins the Spurs chuck from 3 at 42%

In losses the Spurs chuck at a 30% clip.

Hmmm, I wonder what the key to SA's success has been this season.... Must be that dominant big man Tim Duncan.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Then you are in denial if you claim they don't chuck 3's. And this is why I'm here to hammer away that point.

Hmmm, I wonder what the key to SA's success has been this season.... Must be that dominant big man Tim Duncan.

Does your retarded brain understand the definition of "chucking" as it pertains to basketball? You know, to take ill-advised, forced shots that are not created by the offense. When the Spurs shoot a 3, it's usually wide open and comes from either a double down on Duncan, or penetration by Manu or Parker. So Venti was right when he stated that the Spurs play inside/out. The Spurs' inside/out game is not as traditional as it once was with Duncan as the primary facilitator, and now relies more on Manu and Parker getting into the lane to create those open shots for the 3pt shooters, but it's still "inside/out" nonetheless.

I'm surprised you're not more familiar with the concept of chucking after watching your hero routinely chuck the Lakers out of games and championships ('04, anybody? And of course he tried to do it in last year's Game 7, but luckily for the most overrated player in league history, Gasol wouldn't let him and the Lakers fail).

You know absolutely jack shit about basketball. So I advise you to avoid serious discussions on here and continue to do what you do best. Sucking Kobe's cock.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Does your retarded brain understand the definition of "chucking" as it pertains to basketball? You know, to take ill-advised, forced shots that are not created by the offense. When the Spurs shoot a 3, it's usually wide open and comes from either a double down on Duncan, or penetration by Manu or Parker. So Venti was right when he stated that the Spurs play inside/out. The Spurs' inside/out game is not as traditional as it once was with Duncan as the primary facilitator, and now relies more on Manu and Parker getting into the lane to create those open shots for the 3pt shooters, but it's still "inside/out" nonetheless.

I'm surprised you're not more familiar with the concept of chucking after watching your hero routinely chuck the Lakers out of games and championships ('04, anybody? And of course he tried to do it in last year's Game 7, but luckily for the most overrated player in league history, Gasol wouldn't let him and the Lakers fail).

You know absolutely jack shit about basketball. So I advise you to avoid serious discussions on here and continue to do what you do best. Sucking Kobe's cock.

That's not inside outside and you, Venti or anyone else who claims a guard driving into the paint is the equivalent of an "inside" game in the sport of basketball is a bona fide moron void of any basketball knowledge.

Seriously, how fucking stupid do you have to be to think Manu or Tony driving = an inside game.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

@ you and your complete lack of basketball knowledge psychotic fanboy.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
That's not inside outside and you, Venti or anyone else who claims a guard driving into the paint is the equivalent of an "inside" game in the sport of basketball is a bona fide moron void of any basketball knowledge.

Seriously, how fucking stupid do you have to be to think Manu or Tony driving = an inside game.

Guard penetration has a similar effect on the defense as a good post-player. Both collapse the defense and open up the perimeter for the shooters. By strict definition, that is an "inside/outside" game.

You're trying to spin it like the Spurs dribble the ball up and take the first 3 point shot that presents itself, and is that far, far, far from the case. They work the ball inside, either through Duncan, or through penetration, and then pass to the open shooters if they don't have a scoring opportunity.

And that's what Venti and I were alluding to. The Spurs look to score inside before they take a 3.

So your idea of them being a 3 point "chucking" team is retarded. They are not.

Beau
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM

history2b

Bent over, ass wide open

His cornfield awaits... :sequ

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Guard penetration has a similar effect on the defense as a good post-player. Both collapse the defense and open up the perimeter for the shooters. By strict definition, that is an "inside/outside" game.

You're trying to spin it like the Spurs dribble the ball up and take the first 3 point shot that presents itself, and is that far, far, far from the case. They work the ball inside, either through Duncan, or through penetration, and then pass to the open shooters if they don't have a scoring opportunity.

And that's what Venti and I were alluding to. The Spurs look to score inside before they take a 3.

So your idea of them being a 3 point "chucking" team is retarded. They are not.

Lol that's not an "inside" game whether you or any other Spurs douche (including House Negro Venti) wants to rationalize it on a message board.

That's not playing inside out. Having a reliable low post scoring threat who plays with his back to the basket is very different and has a completely different effect.

Basketball IQ required.

Way to go dumbshit psycho boy.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Lol that's not an "inside" game whether you or any other Spurs douche (including House Negro Venti) wants to rationalize it on a message board.

That's not playing inside out. Having a reliable low post scoring threat who plays with his back to the basket is very different and has a completely different effect.

Basketball IQ required.

Way to go dumbshit psycho boy.

You made the claim. Tell us how the Spurs are a 3 point "chucking" team?

Yes or no? Are most 3s they take an open shot?
Yes or no? Are most 3 point shot opportunities a result of Duncan doubled in the post or off of penetration?

And please elaborate how "vastly different" the effects a post-player has on the offensive game as opposed to a penetrator.

Both collapse the defense.
Both produce open shots for perimeter shooters.
Both put pressure on the opponent's defensive bigs.
Both produce high percentage shots.
Both produce a greater likelihood of getting to the free-throw line.

The differences are:

You can double and triple team a post-player, which is similar to the interior defense collapsing on a penetrator.

A post-player has a better field of view of the perimeter than a penetrator.

You can also argue that a post-player wears out opposing bigs more and gets them in foul trouble faster. But this all depends on the player. Lebron James will probably get opposing bigs in foul trouble quicker than a finesse post-player like Gasol.

All in all, there's many similarities which can't be denied. But your massive ego will never allow you to concede a point or admit that you were wrong.

So again, just keep doing what you do here. Sucking Kobe's cock.

Every time you try to talk basketball, you fail miserably.

Beau
03-07-2011, 05:46 PM
midnight as Job.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 05:49 PM
history2b

Bent over, ass wide open

His cornfield awaits... :sequ

I think Beau's peelin' his onion.:lol

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 06:01 PM
In addition, the largest advantage a great bigman brings to the team is rebounding and a defensive presence in the paint. That's why poor defensive big men who have great post-games, like Al Jefferson, can never be the centerpiece of a championship team, why Bill Russell won so many championship despite a limited offensive game, and why a team like the Miami Heat, who feature two of the best penetrators in the league, are a defensive big away (and a decent point guard) from dominating the league.

Again, great penetration puts a similar kind of pressure on the interior defense as great post-play.

My biggest concern against the Lakers is not that the Spurs will be able to produce enough offense, but that an aging Tim Duncan is obviously not enough to deal with the tandem of Gasol and Bynum.

Their 3 point shooting tendencies will not be what does the Spurs in if they meet up with the Lakers in the playoffs. It's their lack of size, which EVERY fan and commentator has cited as the Spurs greatest weakness.

If you were actually an intelligent person, you would've titled this thread, "How often has a team won the title with a relatively undersized frontline?"

ambchang
03-07-2011, 06:37 PM

In wins the Lakers chuck from 3 at 38.5%

In losses the Lakers chuck at a 28.6% clip.

Last year, in wins, the Lakers chuck from 3 at 37%, and chuck at 29.3% in losses.

In 2001, the numbers were 37.8% vs. 27.3%.

Hmmm, I wonder what the key to LAL's success has been the last decade? Must be that dominant swing man Kobe Bryant.

Beau
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I think Beau's peelin' his onion.:lol

I'll drop a Haiku from time to time. I'm an artist.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Kool's Midget.

thank you :toast...some cats try to claim him as theirs but he has my Kool logo branded on his ass...

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-07-2011, 07:25 PM
But..But...The Spurs are a 3-point chucking team...

Not...

Good job MP on taking history2b down again.

My question is, since Duncan's minutes are being preserved, if the Spurs and Lakers do meet in the WCF, do they go up to 44 minutes and does he become the focal point of the offense as prime Duncan was?

Killakobe81
03-07-2011, 07:29 PM

LOL Mid you funny guy talking about sucking cocks after posting this shit?

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
In addition, the largest advantage a great bigman brings to the team is rebounding and a defensive presence in the paint. That's why poor defensive big men who have great post-games, like Al Jefferson, can never be the centerpiece of a championship team, why Bill Russell won so many championship despite a limited offensive game, and why a team like the Miami Heat, who feature two of the best penetrators in the league, are a defensive big away (and a decent point guard) from dominating the league.

Again, great penetration puts a similar kind of pressure on the interior defense as great post-play.

My biggest concern against the Lakers is not that the Spurs will be able to produce enough offense, but that an aging Tim Duncan is obviously not enough to deal with the tandem of Gasol and Bynum.

Their 3 point shooting tendencies will not be what does the Spurs in if they meet up with the Lakers in the playoffs. It's their lack of size, which EVERY fan and commentator has cited as the Spurs greatest weakness.

If you were actually an intelligent person, you would've titled this thread, "How often has a team won the title with a relatively undersized frontline?"

Nope.

Relatively undersized frontlines do win from time to time.

3p Chucking teams, never.

To put this into context, lets consider this:

If 2003 Tim Duncan was on this 2011 team would it be the Spurs "relatively undersized frontline" that still limits their ability to win the series? You do know Tim was the same height in 2003 as he is now right?

Anyone here think the Spurs would be the same exact team as they are now with 2003 Tim? In theory they should be because after all Tim is still the same size as he was back then.

:lmao @ idiots who don't know the game.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Nope.

Relatively undersized frontlines do win from time to time.

3p Chucking teams, never.

To put this into context, lets consider this:

If 2003 Tim Duncan was on this 2011 team would it be the Spurs "relatively undersized frontline" that still limits their ability to win the series? You do know Tim was the same height in 2003 as he is now right?

Anyone here think the Spurs would be the same exact team as they are now with 2003 Tim? In theory they should be because after all Tim is still the same size as he was back then.

:lmao @ idiots who don't know the game.

Wow. You're even more retarded than I thought. You do realize that in '03 Duncan was complemented by 7 footer David Robinson, who despite his age, was still a fine rebounder and defender. And in '05, a very capable duo of Nazr Mohammed and Franciso Elson, both 7 footers, were alongside Duncan. This year, it's Dejuan Blair, Matt Bonner, and an over-the-hill Antonio McDyess. Do I need to go any further in explaining to your dumbfuck ass the difference between this year's Spurs and those Spurs teams?

I'd ask you again to support your contention that the Spurs are a 3 point chucking team, but I think it's best if you just stop talking basketball.

ezau
03-07-2011, 09:49 PM
03 David Robinson was better than 2011 Andrew Bynum. Funny, but true. Tee, hee

TipsytheLurker
03-08-2011, 12:09 AM
lol at history getting his ass handed to him. espn.com/spurs is ----> that way...