PDA

View Full Version : On the road to the finals the Spurs..

Sense
06-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Faced probably the best teams in the playoffs on the road to the finals.....although that can be arguable.

Who worried you the most?

Or which series do you think was the hardest for the Spurs?

Chief
06-02-2005, 03:53 AM
no it's not arguable.

we face a denver team that had, what ? like 2 losses since the all star break ?
then we face the thuggish tough team of seattle, the third best regular season team?
then we beat the #1 ranked team with 62 regular season ones ?

no way anyone had a tougher series.

Sense
06-02-2005, 03:55 AM
no it's not arguable.

then we face the thuggish tough team of seattle, the third best regular season team?

Lol... I just mentioned that arguable part for a Heat fan in the forums that claims they sweeped the first 2 rounds so they look like they are playing championship basketball..

that's all.

Sense
06-02-2005, 03:58 AM
no it's not arguable.

BTW I also have to mention there was a time in which I didn't want the Spurs to play the Sonics and the Suns because of what I heard from them..

But now that I see it..the Spurs evolved as the season passed by.. When the Playoffs came..they were gods.

Horry For 3!
06-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Yeah, the Heat also swept the Nets, Wizards hahahaha Then now they're having trouble with the Pistons when series is tied 2 - 2.

Spurs defintely have has the hardest road to the Finals by far.

Sense
06-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Yeah, the Heat also swept the Nets, Wizards hahahaha Then now they're having trouble with the Pistons when series is tied 2 - 2.

Spurs defintely have has the hardest road to the Finals by far.

Heh, that's what I argued about..

I really don't know why I argued with him if it was so obvious to a smart fan.

wildbill2u
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Faced probably the best teams in the playoffs on the road to the finals.....although that can be arguable.

Who worried you the most?

Or which series do you think was the hardest for the Spurs?

I thought both the Denver and Seattle series were tougher than the Suns because of the strategies that both clubs used. They were determined to make the Spurs pay for coming in the lane, and I've never seen so many head shots and cheap shots.

I think the Spurs have always had a image around the league of being "soft" and these teams tried to make the Spurs flinch and back up. Instead the Spurs took their best shots and beat 'em. :spin

Dingle Barry
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
We had the most trouble with Seattle throughout 2004-2005

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Spurs had to go through:
1)Denver--hottest team post AS
2) Seattle--Suprise team with the 3rd best record in the NBA--the team that gave them their biggest loss of hte season, and beat them 2-1 in the regular season
3) Suns--MVP, COY, and best record in NBA

Pistons had to go through:
1) Sixers--even though its my home team, hate to say, but no competition here aside from that one game.
2) Pacers--Tough team, I'll give you that, especially the way they were playing at the end to prolong Reggie's career. But, they were injury depleted,
3) Heat--Best record in the East, Shaq, Wade--tough round

Heat had to go through:
1) Nets--doesn't count
2) Wiz--doesn't count
3) Detroit--defending champs

Now, who do you think had the hardest road to the finals???? Spurs are impressive, especially considering that they didn't have the greatest road record in the regular season. Also impressive--they closed out the last two rounds on the road!

nkdlunch
06-02-2005, 12:27 PM
It's hard to say which series was the toughest. Spurs just stood up and conquered every challenge that came in their way. They even shut the media up who complained they were boring, they ain't saying that no more.

mouse
06-06-2005, 02:08 AM
The road to the 2005 NBA Championship ring looks like it may have turned into a super high speed HWY, now that both teams in the east look rusty, and not worth to face the west. Come on The Freaking Mavs can beat the Heat

we will know for sure after game 7..........

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 02:12 AM
The road to the 2005 NBA Championship ring looks like it may have turned into a super high speed HWY, now that both teams in the east look rusty, and not worth to face the west. Come on The Freaking Mavs can beat the Heat

we will know for sure after game 7..........
I agree. Dallas owns Miami.

Sense
06-06-2005, 02:17 AM
I agree. Dallas owns Miami.

I disagree.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Dampier would be like Campbell to Shaq. :lol

Sense
06-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Dampier would be like Campbell to Shaq. :lol

Campbell > Damp defending shaq.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Campbell > Damp defending shaq.
Here we go again. The reason we got Dampier is because of guarding Shaq. He is very good at defending big men. Athletic big men are different. Dampier actually last year outscored Shaq. This year he kept his ground like Campbell and Dallas won both games.