PDA

View Full Version : Are Laker fans scared for Sunday?

spursfanincolorado
03-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I mean, up to last night before the Heat game; Parker was scheduled to be out of the lineup.

Fisher just tweaked his elbow last night. Not that Fisher is much of a defensive juggernaut or anything. He could be out for the game tomorrow.

Laker fans must be thinking "Oh shit"

I have respect for the Lakers since they are the team to beat regardless of their record now.

We were a 0.2 or something tip-in from losing the last game in LA.

I love reading all the Laker fans talking about coasting and regular season don't matter and we don't circle games on calendars, etc etc etc.

Interesting that PJ is saying this road trip is basically do or die for seeding and worried about where Chicago ends up....

Really - I would like some real talk on Laker fans thought process on this recent chain of events....

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
They're not scared, they're resigned. }:-)

xellos88330
03-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't think they are scared. Most are too misinformed to be scared. It is one of the prices to pay for being such a popular team. You only hear all the good and when there is bad, it ALWAYS has a silver lining. It is expected though from a team that won B2B. If the Lakers have any fans of actual basketball, I am pretty sure they are concerned.

John Basedow
03-05-2011, 08:49 PM
We don't care about the regular season, whereas spur fans treat Laker games like a national holiday.

01Snake
03-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Should be a good game but you would be foolish to think SA is going to play "lights out" like they did last night.

I'm expecting a competitive game and hopefully another W for SA.

Crazymaddopeyo
03-05-2011, 09:53 PM
We don't care about the regular season, whereas spur fans treat Laker games like a national holiday.

You're wrong. Example: Lakersground.net

Venti Quattro
03-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Not at all.

NRHector
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
maybe not scared but worry yes

ElNono
03-05-2011, 11:22 PM
OP, are you scared when Kobe goes to your town?

dbestpro
03-05-2011, 11:22 PM

Wow, already trying spin control. Maybe you should have more faith in your team.

Seventyniner
03-05-2011, 11:28 PM
If the Spurs were 49-13, having lost both games to the Lakers this season, would we as fans be scared? Hell no.

The Laker bandwagon will lose a few more if the Spurs win tomorrow, but the true fans aren't worried at all.

ElNono
03-05-2011, 11:39 PM
In my opinion Kobe is the reason the Spurs have won both games. He shot a combined 13-45 (I think that's right) in both games. His poor shooting not only helps the Spurs, but takes away from his teammates that cause problems for the Spurs. Gasol, Bynum and Odom all shoot higher percentages than Kobe. If Kobe took fewer shots and they took more in the first two match ups, Spurs might not win.

To be honest, Manu and/or TD are due for a good game against the Lakeshow also... in the last outing at Staples, Manu and TD combined for 8-29 from the field, and in the first game at the AT&T center, 4-19. All in all 12-48 or 25% shooting, well below their averages.

Tony, Jefferson and Blair have done the most damage (besides the Dice tip-in) in the first two games.

Jt.ONE
03-06-2011, 01:23 AM
lol scared

DMX7
03-06-2011, 01:29 AM
We don't care about the regular season

lol, Lakersground's servers have melted after every bad loss this season. The collapse there is what Charlie Sheen would describe as "EPIC".

LakerHater
03-06-2011, 01:31 AM
lol, Lakersground's servers have melted after every bad loss this season. The collapse there is what Charlie Sheen would describe as "EPIC".

I think Im turnin into Charlie with all this anticipation!!!

http://i.imgur.com/lQzLR.gif

crc21209
03-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Exactly. The Lakers have lost both games against the Spurs already this season. What's left to be scared of if they're used to it?

This.

BadOne
03-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Are Laker fans scared for Sunday?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/BadOne2000/confused20cat20face20pics.jpg

usdane
03-06-2011, 03:02 AM
I think Lakers fans are curios to see where we are at. The game against the Spurs will be a good measuring stick.

But our road trip as a whole will be more telling with games against Spurs, Hawks, Heat, Mavs and then at home vs. the Magic.

Holden_Caulfield
03-06-2011, 04:40 AM
coastin'

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't think the Lakers are scared of the Spurs at all. They are a very, very good team and could easily hand us an embarrassing loss today. Not saying that it will happen, but it can. I expect this game to be a battle right to the final buzzer.

That said, I think the Spurs win a close one today.

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
^Whatever happens, Tampa is covered.

Ya weak thing, you.

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 10:06 AM
^Whatever happens, Tampa is covered.

Ya weak thing, you.

Weak??? No...that's the Miami Heat... :lol

spursfanincolorado
03-06-2011, 11:16 AM
In my opinion Kobe is the reason the Spurs have won both games. He shot a combined 13-45 (I think that's right) in both games. His poor shooting not only helps the Spurs, but takes away from his teammates that cause problems for the Spurs. Gasol, Bynum and Odom all shoot higher percentages than Kobe. If Kobe took fewer shots and they took more in the first two match ups, Spurs might not win.

This ^^^^^^

When he comes to town (Denver) he has done well but got the loss on this game - obviously this is the Nuggets..

OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI POINTS HI REBOUND HI ASSISTS
Thu, Nov 11 vs Los Angeles W118-112 5-4 Bryant 34 Gasol 20 Bryant 5

The next game at Denver they won by ten -

So, They split the away games and have one left at LA.

I guess we can put a spin on this and assume that the teams reversed personnel injuries - Fisher just came back unexpectedly from injury and Parker tweaks his elbow and may be out Sunday afternoon.

We have a relatively capable back up in Ginobili or Hill where Lakers have Blake (really? Do we have any spare orange traffic cones to let you all borrow for defensive schemes?) I think Blake may make more shots than said traffic cones, but it will be close....

The Lakers have to know that the PG position is their Achilles heel. Trade for Stephan Curry and I will jump to the Lakers Bandwagon - not really but tempting...

I know y'all just coasting anyway (multiple losses to scrub teams in a row multiple times this season) - March games don't matter (PJ seems to think otherwise, and he has a lot of LOB's) - we staaaacked (PG position withstanding) - 2 in a row (I am actually jealous) ad nauseum

I have been lurking on this site for years and hardly post but I couldn't help not noticing all the meltdown threads and bullshit...

100%duncan
03-06-2011, 11:23 AM
lol, damn, stop the stupidity already, we'll just have to beat the fuck out of the lakers

GrandeDavid
03-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I think they need to rethink their life values if they are scared of a basketball game, much less one in which they are not playing.

spursfanincolorado
03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I think they need to rethink their life values if they are scared of a basketball game, much less one in which they are not playing.

Wow - common sense isn't so common around here -

Of course, Laker fans aren't playing today. Let me paint a picture for you since you obviously don't get it or like to troll... Oh, and that's right neither are any Spurs fans that I have ever seen gonna play.

They are nervous about their team whom they root for/or hope to win.

Obvious sarcasm reply.....

rascal
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
This ^^^^^^

When he comes to town (Denver) he has done well but got the loss on this game - obviously this is the Nuggets..

OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI POINTS HI REBOUND HI ASSISTS
Thu, Nov 11 vs Los Angeles W118-112 5-4 Bryant 34 Gasol 20 Bryant 5

The next game at Denver they won by ten -

So, They split the away games and have one left at LA.

I guess we can put a spin on this and assume that the teams reversed personnel injuries - Fisher just came back unexpectedly from injury and Parker tweaks his elbow and may be out Sunday afternoon.

We have a relatively capable back up in Ginobili or Hill where Lakers have Blake (really? Do we have any spare orange traffic cones to let you all borrow for defensive schemes?) I think Blake may make more shots than said traffic cones, but it will be close....

The Lakers have to know that the PG position is their Achilles heel. Trade for Stephan Curry and I will jump to the Lakers Bandwagon - not really but tempting...

I know y'all just coasting anyway (multiple losses to scrub teams in a row multiple times this season) - March games don't matter (PJ seems to think otherwise, and he has a lot of LOB's) - we staaaacked (PG position withstanding) - 2 in a row (I am actually jealous) ad nauseum

I have been lurking on this site for years and hardly post but I couldn't help not noticing all the meltdown threads and bullshit...

Welcome! :toast

namlook
03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't think they are scared. Most are too misinformed to be scared. It is one of the prices to pay for being such a popular team.

Not really. You can say this about any team. Most fans are uneducated about the game including Spurs fans.

tlongII
03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think the Lakers are scared of the Spurs at all. They are a very, very good team and could easily hand us an embarrassing loss today. Not saying that it will happen, but it can. I expect this game to be a battle right to the final buzzer.

That said, I think the Spurs win a close one today.

Tampa called it! :smokin

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Tampa called it! :smokin

Like a politician! :toast