PDA

View Full Version : Are the people in crazy costumes at The ATT plants?

gospursgojas
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Just curious.

We've never had fans that crazy before, much less 3 or 4 sets of them all in one game in the lower bowl. Which is usually reserved for only the suits and ties. I saw (watching the KENS broadcast; fuck ESPN) the zuit suit guys in blue and orange, the black and silver latex body guy, and the Jesus/Moses guy. Not too mention gumby who is always there, just didn't see him last night.

Ive only been to 5 games this season so correct me if Im wrong and they are always there, but Ive seen every game on tv this season and haven't seen them till last night which so happened to be a natTV game.

Just a thought that occured to me. Maybe the Spurs planted these fans to add to the "fun" factor to get people to the arena. It may just be the WWE in me, bc its a fact that they "plant" fans in the arena.

If not, than :tu to the diehard crazy fans. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

bluebellmaniac
03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
That makes total sense.... :-( ... but the idea was probably planted in the FO's ear by XSPN.... they think SA is wayyyyyy to boring for their viewers... winning alone isn't fun to watch....

Aw great, now you're probably gonna tell me that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny are not real either!

NRHector
03-06-2011, 12:47 AM
well if they are I think is doing the trick because they are getting the attention

xellos88330
03-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Spurs off to their best record thus far in the regular season. I think this has something to do with it. The better the Spurs do, the more extravagant the costumes will become.

I think the silver and black pack started it. I think it started with the Gumby dude. Ever since he started wearing that, more people started doing it to get on the jumbotron.

gospursgojas
03-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Spurs off to their best record thus far in the regular season. I think this has something to do with it. The better the Spurs do, the more extravagant the costumes will become.

I think the silver and black pack started it. I think it started with the Gumby dude. Ever since he started wearing that, more people started doing it to get on the jumbotron.

Makes sense as well.

Great trend started by gumby if so. If I ever realize my dream of sitting lower level Im dressing as Kanye West.

Interrohater
03-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Makes sense as well.

Great trend started by gumby if so. If I ever realize my dream of sitting lower level Im dressing as Kanye West.

Where are you going to find a douche bag that big?

gospursgojas
03-06-2011, 01:15 AM

:lol

crc21209
03-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Jesus and the Dumb and Dumber guys were just normal people I think. But Gumby is apart of the "Team Energy" group for the Spurs...

y2kbug
03-06-2011, 01:33 AM
https://www.facebook.com/people/Spurs-Jesus/100001895411224

ajballer4
03-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Jesus and the Dumb and Dumber guys were just normal people I think. But Gumby is apart of the "Team Energy" group for the Spurs...

Gumbys in Silver and Black Pack. Team Energy are the people in the neon green shirts who go on the court

crc21209
03-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Gumbys in Silver and Black Pack. Team Energy are the people in the neon green shirts who go on the court

Same thing, whatever. :lol They're there to hype up the crowd and have fun...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-06-2011, 07:14 AM
During my trips to SA in 2003 and 2007 I saw a total of 17 games in the SBC/AT&T. At every game I wore a large Australian flag as a cape and people loved it - they were always coming up, introducing themselves and asking if I was from New Zealand! In their defence, Sean Marks was on the roster from 2003-6, and the NZ flag is quite similar to the Australian flag. Some people came up asking if I was from England, and I didn't take that nearly so kindly*... :lmao

* For those who aren't aware, Poms and Aussies have a natural rivalry much like that between Americans and Poms.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 07:25 AM
http://www.instructables.com/image/FL3YLLEGFRWPEGB/Shrub-Bush-Plant-costume.jpg

boutons_deux
03-06-2011, 07:59 AM
"defence"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

:)

Seventyniner
03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
They're definitely not plants.

They're animals.

In-SPUR-Raider
03-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Just curious.

We've never had fans that crazy before, much less 3 or 4 sets of them all in one game in the lower bowl. Which is usually reserved for only the suits and ties. I saw (watching the KENS broadcast; fuck ESPN) the zuit suit guys in blue and orange, the black and silver latex body guy, and the Jesus/Moses guy. Not too mention gumby who is always there, just didn't see him last night.

Ive only been to 5 games this season so correct me if Im wrong and they are always there, but Ive seen every game on tv this season and haven't seen them till last night which so happened to be a natTV game.

Just a thought that occured to me. Maybe the Spurs planted these fans to add to the "fun" factor to get people to the arena. It may just be the WWE in me, bc its a fact that they "plant" fans in the arena.

If not, than :tu to the diehard crazy fans. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Thanks man! Honestly, all the fans at the top of Section 214 are part of the Silver & Black Pack. We're all required to come to every game decked out in a crazy costume, wigs, face paint, etc... It started last season after the Rodeo Road Trip and has been going on since then. We're there to keep the crowd intense and pumped.
We're actually sponsored by Spurs Sports & Entertainment. In return for coming all decked out and getting loud, they give us a free ticket to each game.
We were put there pretty much to get like a college basketball environment for each game. So far, it's been working! I'm starting to see A LOT more people come with their faces painted and crazy costumes and they're not even part of the Pack!
For the most part, we're all DIE HARD Spurs fans. I myself used to go watch the games at Fatso's with my face painted and that got boring and awkward fast lol. I'm glad to be part of the Pack.
We just ask the crowd to get loud and crazy with us! It's been great so far and actually, we're gonna be at the Spurs/Rockets game next Saturday in Houston! So keep an eye out for us!

Thanks for the support man! Just keep San Antonio loud & rockin for our Silver & Black!

gameFACE
03-06-2011, 01:21 PM
There are a group of fans that sit in the upper section, like 213 or 214. They are bad ass. Absolute fun. They cheer the WHOLE game. Put the shriveled up Baseline Bums to shame. That new group should take the BB's place.

BlackBellamy
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I think that 'Spurs Jesus' is actually legit. His brothers explanation, as per FB... "My brother gets seats to the spurs game...and decides to go as Jesus! Turned out to be a big hit, apparently." Not sure who in the organization would dream up the slightly risky character of a 'Spurs Jesus'. Maybe to allow the court-side fans to brag to their associates that they have better seats than Jesus Christ?

gameFACE
03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
There's another photo of Spurs Jesus on spurs.com Heat photos. I posted it in the Laker thread.

rasho8
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah Spurs Jesus has season tickets in the upper deck close to ours, but he always ends up down in the lower bowl after halftime as people who leave (because they are rich and not real Spurs fans) will give him and his girl their tickets.

He is a cool cat. You will see him at every game.

EricB
03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
as people who leave (because they are rich and not real Spurs fans)

Ya know comments like this are the biggest pieces of dog shit I've ever read.

Just because you sit in the lower bowl and leave when the team has a huge lead doesn't mean your not a fan.

rasho8
03-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Ya know comments like this are the biggest pieces of dog shit I've ever read.

Just because you sit in the lower bowl and leave when the team has a huge lead doesn't mean your not a fan.

Nope, but when you leave when we are within 3 it does. Or when you spend the entire game in the Saddles and Spurs club and don't even watch it does. I can go on. We get lower bowl upgrades all the time and witness this shit.

So yeah, a lot of the people down there go to see and be seen. Not to watch the spurs game.

xellos88330
03-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Don't need him. Just need a fan crazy enough to run out after the national anthem steal the mic and say something like... "The Lakers are a great basketball team, but the Spurs are the greatest basketball team in the world!!!"

That would be priceless.