PDA

View Full Version : 10K fine for Dampier...what a joke

dogz of war
03-06-2011, 02:04 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-heat-news-notes-0306-20110305,0,5900445.story

That classless prick could have seriously hurt Parker and only gets fined that amounts to less than a slap on the wrist. I could only imagine what would happen if that would have been a Koby or James.

I don't know who makes the final decision in cases such as these, but whoever they are, they are a douchebag.

DJ Mbenga
03-06-2011, 02:06 AM
i think the union can appeal but it doesnt look like they give a damn like you do

Budkin
03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Horse shit... should be out tomorrow.

TE
03-06-2011, 02:31 AM
I think he deserves a one game-two game ban.

Trimble87
03-06-2011, 02:34 AM
It was a dirty play, no doubt. But he didn't actually push Tony that hard, TP was just moving very quickly and he was already in the air. Damp is a cock sucker and he'll have plenty of time to think on it when he's out of the playoffs in the 2nd round again.

DrSteffo
03-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I think he deserves a one game-two game ban.

This. The push was hard enough to be dangerous.

Cry Havoc
03-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Meh... I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe a one game suspension at worst.

jermaine
03-06-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't believe in hurting people but I would've done the same thang. In past yrs players an teams (Bruce Bowin or Da Bad Boys Pistons) have made a name for themselves by making you pay. I wish someone would do it to Labrick or Kobe coming thru the lane like its all good. You suppose to lay a nigga out after he keep burning your team & keep trying the same shit.(See Desean Jackson coming across the middle an gettin his clock rung) it just happened to be Parker this time, but he's a Lil big man so he got back up.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 06:39 AM
They called it a flagrant 2 when it probably wasn't. That was due to the danger of pushing him when he was in the air. One would think the league would take Damp's history with Parker and his comments to the newspapers about Parker into account when deciding a punishment, but oh well.

mingus
03-06-2011, 07:37 AM
The foul was disgusting. Parker has another gear and when you push a guy in the direction of his momentum is carrying him and who's in the air and going at his speed, it's dangerous and leaves little time for one to react, as evidenced by Parker not having time to put his arms out. Had he hit his head/neck on the goal post at that speed, theres no telling what the extent of the injury could have been.

GSH
03-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Even the NFL has enacted rules to protect defeneless players. There's a reason for that. I know it's not exactly the same, since the contact and aggression are much higher in the NFL. But then again, they have pads and helmets, and aren't playing on a hardwood floor.)

Parker was going full speed, and was already in the air - i.e. totally defenseless. Dampier didn't just make contact. That was a full arm-extended shove in the back, in the direction he was already going. It was totally clear that he wasn't trying to prevent a shot with that kind of motion. Parker was already past him, and the ball wasn't close to being within reach. The only thing Damp could reach was Tony's body.

I'm not surprised that Dampier got a fine, rather than a suspension. But I think it's the wrong decision. What he did was only slightly less dangerous than if he had grabbed him in mid-air and pushed him toward the floor. If Parker had suffered a broken bone (say in his hand or arm), or suffered a concussion, the ruling would have been different. But the decision should be based on the action, and not sheer luck.

rmt
03-06-2011, 09:32 AM
League doesn't want to suspend Dampier. Heat needs every available body to get out of this rut they're in.

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 09:53 AM
TP could have sustained a season-ending injury on that play. Dampier is a classless thug and should be suspended for at least one game. Fuck Dampdiapers. Fuck the Heat.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 10:45 AM
The real punishment is already in place, and has been for years, my friends. His ass is perpetually sore via Spurs + Heat waxing throughout his ring-less career, that it doesn't matter what punishment he receives.

CROFL up 2-0 in Finals, amounting to nothing. :lol

Phillip
03-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Meh... I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe a one game suspension at worst.

+1

it was just a push in the back. if he aimed for his head or something like that, a more serious punishment would definitely be handed out, but in this case, it was just a push.

Bukefal
03-06-2011, 11:54 AM
lol ericka dampier.

Wasn't he the one who threatened to hurt Parker a couple of days before they played eachother in the playoffs two years ago?

Anyway, douchebag thug indeed.

Venti Quattro
03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Dampier was really lucky that Parker had a clear path to land.

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Flop = 10 k fine

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't believe in hurting people but I would've done the same thang. In past yrs players an teams (Bruce Bowin or Da Bad Boys Pistons) have made a name for themselves by making you pay. I wish someone would do it to Labrick or Kobe coming thru the lane like its all good. You suppose to lay a nigga out after he keep burning your team & keep trying the same shit.(See Desean Jackson coming across the middle an gettin his clock rung) it just happened to be Parker this time, but he's a Lil big man so he got back up.

Agreed lol. Parker should be thankful he's playing in an era when shit like this is rare. And really all he got was a little nudge :lol Nothing compared to the beatings Pippen used to take from the Pistons like this elbow to the face from Laimbeer and then the push into the stands by Rodman. Today's guards just don't know how good they have it...

IhQyaKWsQy8

GSH
03-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Agreed lol. Parker should be thankful he's playing in an era when shit like this is rare. And really all he got was a little nudge :lol Nothing compared to the beatings Pippen used to take from the Pistons like this elbow to the face from Laimbeer and then the push into the stands by Rodman. Today's guards just don't know how good they have it...

Well sheeit, Buford. Maybe they should just issue brass knuckles and elbow spikes. If you let them little fuckers get too soft, the game just ain't worth watchin'.