PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody watch the ESPN replay ?

dav4463
06-02-2005, 04:11 AM
I am a basketball official. We had summer league basketball tonight, so I had to catch the game on the radio during timeouts. Fortunately we were done by the middle of the 4th quarter and I got to hear WOAI....comes in clear here in Dallas !....and listen to a glorious Spurs win. I talked to some friends on the phone who told me about three horrible offensive foul calls that went against the Spurs.......the question is.....

Did anybody catch the replay on ESPN.... it seems that those three offensive fouls were conveniently edited out "due to time constraints"... I'm sure !...also the kick in the balls was also edited out....but hey...who cares !!!!!!! Spurs win !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON TO THE FINALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed watching the ESPN replay though....no stress !!! I knew the Spurs would win... and I could enjoy it even more.....!!!!

Sense
06-02-2005, 04:13 AM
I am a basketball official. We had summer league basketball tonight, so I had to catch the game on the radio during timeouts. Fortunately we were done by the middle of the 4th quarter and I got to hear WOAI....comes in clear here in Dallas !....and listen to a glorious Spurs win. I talked to some friends on the phone who told me about three horrible offensive foul calls that went against the Spurs.......the question is.....

Did anybody catch the replay on ESPN.... it seems that those three offensive fouls were conveniently edited out "due to time constraints"... I'm sure !...also the kick in the balls was also edited out....but hey...who cares !!!!!!! Spurs win !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON TO THE FINALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed watching the ESPN replay though....no stress !!! I knew the Spurs would win... and I could enjoy it even more.....!!!!

I just finished watching it...

And I don't know what fouls you are talking about... I didn't pay attention to most of it though..so they might've edited it..I don't know.

dav4463
06-02-2005, 04:23 AM
A friend of mine called and said the Spurs were called for three consecutive offensive fouls during the second half that he could not believe. I didn't see them during the replay so I was wondering if it was edited out or what ...

Chief
06-02-2005, 04:24 AM
yeah they were edited....

Sense
06-02-2005, 04:26 AM
Weird I didn't notice..

I remember the one where duncan was hit in the balls..

but I don't really remember the other 2.

ZStomp
06-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Weird I didn't notice..

but I don't really remember the other 2.

Holy crap...you didn't notice?

What were you doing??

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2005, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE=dav4463]
it seems that those three offensive fouls were conveniently edited out "due to time constraints"...
QUOTE]

i personally got so incredivly fucked up after those plays that if u hadne't mentioned them i woudlnt remember

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2005, 05:01 AM
And I don't know what fouls you are talking about... I didn't pay attention to most of it though..so they might've edited it..I don't know.

"you're a weird, stupid dumbass"
--Butthead

dav4463
06-02-2005, 05:11 AM
If I had called a game as bad as those guys tonight, I would probably have been sent back to junior high games !!!!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2005, 05:13 AM
The National Basketball Association honestly wanted this series to go further (They gave phoenix back to back to back to back to back to back bullshit calls in th early 3rd) luckily we totally fucking overcame all that shit and now the spurs are going to THA FUCKING FINALS BIIIIAAAAAATCH!!!!!!!

dav4463
06-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Great Reply !!!!!!!! Go Spurs Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Von Braun
06-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Weird I didn't notice..

but I don't really remember the other 2. OMG!... Sense makes no sense.

What game were you watching?!?!

Despite the win, this was one of the worst officiated games ever. The refs missed a couple of calls for the Spurs, in particular, Tim touching the rim in the Amare's miss. Nevertheless, the amount of calls against the Spurs all game long was ridiculous!

The 3 back to back to back ticky-tack offensive fouls, all of Amare's travelling, the blatant foul on Amare shoving Tony off under the rim, Nash pushing everyone with his non-dribbling hand, etc etc. It was horrid officiating.

I am proud the Spurs fought through it though.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-02-2005, 05:38 AM
How about the kick to the nuts?

He was shooting the ball when he got kicked. That's a freakin' foul.

spyder
06-02-2005, 05:48 AM
u guys r funny... GO SPURS GO

SouthernFried
06-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Ya, those 3 offensive fouls on 3 consecutive possesions was very wierd. And they were all ticky tack or non-fouls. The whole SPURS team on the court went nuts after the 2nd and 3rd ones...from Manu to Timmy.

What was really weird tho...Pop kept his cool. So many of our Guys were going ballistic at the same time I think Pop figured he'd better keep his head if noboby else was. I was most impressed how we calmed down and played through it.

I'm one of the guys that get upset at people blaming refs after ever game. So my girlfriend raised her eyebrows when I was jumping up and down, screaming at the TV.

She can be such a smart-ass at times...

ambchang
06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
I usually don't blame the refs (well, not the last few years though), but last night's game has to be one of the worse officiated playoffs games I have ever watched (I didn't catch that Kings Lakers game).
Those three offensive fouls were a joke. The Parker offensive foul after he got the rebound? If they call that a foul everytime, all 24 players would be fouled out by the end of the first quarter, because it's a legal move. Stoudemire shoving Parker out of bounds, and it's a Duncan foul? All those Nazr calls, etc ...
The Spurs seemed to play better defense after those 3 offensive fouls though. And then the refs were having make up calls after that, calling some stupid things they never would call under normal circumstances to create turnovers for the Suns.

Useruser666
06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
The offensive fouls were total BS! How was it not an And1 play for Parker? Last series Antonio Daniels gets shot out of a cannon at our guys and we get called ever time. Parker barely goes up right under the basket and doesn't get the call! Amare does travel on those "special" drives of his too.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 07:53 AM
...I remember the one where duncan was hit in the balls.

Should have been wearing a cup. LOL

Vashner
06-02-2005, 07:54 AM
They tried to "Stern" us.

CaptainLate
06-02-2005, 07:57 AM
...Despite the win, this was one of the worst officiated games ever. The refs missed a couple of calls for the Spurs, in particular, Tim touching the rim in the Amare's miss. Nevertheless, the amount of calls against the Spurs all game long was ridiculous!

The 3 back to back to back ticky-tack offensive fouls, all of Amare's travelling, the blatant foul on Amare shoving Tony off under the rim, Nash pushing everyone with his non-dribbling hand, etc etc. It was horrid officiating.

Sounds like the NBA was giving the Suns every opportunity to force a Game 6.

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Don't forget the time Tony was near the lane, went up for the shot, and then put the ball back on the floor. They missed the obvious travel.

This officiating crew should never be allowed to ref another playoff game.

Kudos for the spurs gutting it up and not bitching about the bad calls. That's how you win games, by elevating your level of play to overcome.

SenorSpur
06-02-2005, 11:45 AM
I was unable to watch the game live (I have school on Wednesday nights), but couldn't help but to log into the GameCast on ESPN.com. If you've never seen it, the play-by-play and score is broadcast in text to your PC screen. It's pretty cool.

Toward the end of the second quarter, I did take note of three consecutive offensive fouls on the Spurs. I thought it was peculiar. Hey, I'm one that would typcially downplay any talk about officials "cheating" and the game "not being called fairly". Though, I have to admit I found these three straight calls to be highly unusual. In fact, it brought to mind thoughts of offical bias in favor of the Suns.

I rushed home to check out the late night replay telecast and found that the network "fast-forwarded" through these. Fortunately, I recorded the game on DVR and will watch it again tonight. Cant' wait to relive the sweet victory.

Great job by the Spurs.