PDA

View Full Version : David West 2011 Free Agent

edgar
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
How will the Spurs approach West's pending free agency this summer? There is an article stating that the Hornets may try to lowball him extremely and West agrees.

With this in mind, would it be beneficiary for the Spurs to seek him this summer regardless of the playoffs outcomes.? Don't just write something dumb, I'm looking for insight to this matter.

BRHORNET? PHILA? BRAZIL? TIMVP? KORI?

EricB
03-06-2011, 01:51 PM
a non athletic jump shooting weak defending power forward I highly doubt at ALL is on the minds of the Spurs of this offseason...

BadOne
03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Seems like a good PF, but dude seems to lose his temper on the floor alot. Part of what made the 08 N.O. vs S.A. Playoff series so damn entertaining. Those faces of frustration everytime Tim made buckets and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

We do have Blair of course, who I think is a better finisher around the rim, but West has that outside jumper that's money.

I can see R.C. going either way here.:wakeup

mfanatic
03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm not opposed to the idea, I mean he said money won't matter this time around because it's all about winning, but think of the advantages it will give us.

1. We will never have to face West.
2. He has done a reasonable job guarding Dirk, including slapping him in the face
3. Could you imagine P&R all day with Tony/manu and West?
4. He's not THAT bad of a defender, plus, Mcdyess will take the entire first part of the season off next year so we have room for players

Tony/Hill
Manu/Neal
Jefferson/Anderson
West/Blair/Bonner
Duncan/Tiago

Sign me up.

EricB
03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Giving him what money exactly?

First off, theres no CBA, two, the MLE is all they have to offer and he will command MORE than that...

Proxy
03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
2. He has done a reasonable job guarding Dirk, including slapping him in the face

Sign me up.

Frankie23
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
How can the Spurs get a FA like West? don't think he will accept a MLE contract..

i read that he was excited about the Nets..

DesignatedT
03-06-2011, 02:06 PM
He will get more money then what we can offer. zero chance this happens

m33p0
03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
he's a paycheck player. he'll never come here.

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
There are players on other teams that I occasionally covet. David West has never been one of them. He's a jump shooting, light rebounding, no defending PF. We already have one of those, with better range on his J.